Search:

SIYE Time:22:28 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The One With Ginny's Boyfriend
By Kezzabear

- Text Size +

Category: The One Where Everyone Finds Out (2021-1)
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 30
Summary: ***Winner of Most Humerous in The One Where Everyone Found Out challenge (2021-1)***Will the worst kept secret at Hogwarts find it's way outside the castle walls?
Hitcount: Story Total: 13862; Chapter Total: 3712
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Will they find out ... ever?




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Dear Messrs Weasley and Weasley,

I’m sure you can appreciate that owing to student confidentiality, I am not at liberty to discuss matters pertaining to students unless it is with their legal guardian. I am therefore unable to discuss either your younger brother or younger sister and thus, I cannot help you.

Hoping you are well,

Professor Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


~*~

“Where’s the loyalty,” Fred complained, crumpling McGonagall’s letter and lobbing it towards the wastepaper bin behind the counter. It did not land in the wastepaper bin. George watched it roll under a shelf and shrugged.

“Was worth a try,” he said, trying to hook the wadded parchment back out with his left foot before toppling off the stool he had been sitting on and nearly falling on the floor. He caught himself on one of the shelves and looked up at Fred sheepishly. Fred rolled his eyes but was undeterred from his complaint.

“We brought large amounts of joy and mirth to Gryffindor House for six years,” he said peevishly. “You’d think she’d be grateful and do us a favour every now and then.”

“You know she’s a bit of a rule follower,” George replied, throwing the wadded parchment into the wastepaper basket, having finally fished it out from under the shelf behind the counter.

“She knows something,” Fred replied. “I know she does.” George nodded in acquiescence.

“She has to,” he agreed. “She’s far too fond of knowing things to not know!”

Both Fred and George glared at the photograph of Ginny that Colin had sent. It was pinned above the register, and they had stared at it repeatedly over the last day or so since it had arrived. Neither twin had yet managed to decisively figure out who was holding Ginny’s hand. Photo Ginny smiled, flicked her hair and laughed over and over as the hand tugged on hers and her face softened as she smiled at the wizard to whom it belonged. It was driving Fred and George mad.

“She’s a lucky one,” Verity commented as she passed by the register and looked briefly at the photograph of Ginny.

“Huh?” George questioned, frowning at their shop assistant.

“Your sister,” Verity said, nodding towards the photograph as she dumped the armfuls of stock she was carrying on the counter. “Just been properly kissed.” Fred looked at her askance.

“How can you tell?” George demanded, peering at the photograph closely.

“How can you not tell?” Verity retorted. “The dreamy eyes, the lips, the sex hair …”

“Sex hair?” Fred squawked. “She isn’t … she didn’t … she …” He spluttered ineffectually for a moment before crossing his arms and glaring alternately at the photograph and Verity.

“Well of course I don’t mean actual sex,” Verity said, rolling her eyes, “but someone’s been having a healthy snog in the Common Room.”

“How do you know that’s the Common Room?” Fred demanded. “You’re a ‘Puff!”

“Sure, focus on that,” George muttered, still peering at the photograph as if he could read the name of the wizard whose hand Ginny was holding.

“Plush sofas by a fireplace and red and gold tapestries in the background — puhlease,” Verity said, rolling her eyes. The trio were silent for a moment and Verity returned to sorting the stock she’d brought to the counter.

“Is it Seamus?” George demanded suddenly. Fred jumped. George continued. “Like Verity said, that’s Gryffindor Tower. Who else could it be? Who was that kid you said the other day? Alistair? Alfred? Albus?”

“That’s Dumbledore,” Fred said wearily.

“That’s never Dumbledore!” George said, sitting bolt upright, scandalised.

“Not the wizard in the photo,” Fred said in exasperation. “Dumbledore’s Albus, not some spotty Gryffindor kid!”

“There could be a kid called Albus!” George protested.

“No one is going to call their kid Albus,” Fred retorted.

“More likely than Nerdane!”

“It’s unisex!”

“Please tell me you’re not intending to name your firstborn Nerdane,” Verity said her eyes holding hint of horror.

“Better than Albus,” Fred argued. Verity shook her head, muttering something indistinguishable under her breath. The bell on the door jangled and the accompanying gust of wind fluttered the photograph as Ginny smiled dreamily once more. George looked towards the entrance to the shop to see who had entered.

“Bill!” George called, greeting his older brother enthusiastically. “How goes it?”

“It goes,” Bill said wearily, shuffling across the floor and leaning on the counter.

“Goblins working you hard?” Fred enquired.

“Or Fleur?” George said with a leer. Bill flipped him off.

“Some of us are concerned with the war,” Bill said seriously. “We can’t all play about with tricks and toys.”

“Hey!” Fred protested. He glanced at Verity who had moved to the back of the store to stock some shelves and lowered his voice. “We manufacture supplies for the Order, and you know it.”

“I ‘spose,” Bill muttered, grudgingly acknowledging his brothers’ contribution.

“Why are you here?” George asked bluntly.

“Mum asked me to drop in actually,” Bill said, picking up a trick wand from the barrel in front of the counter. He waved it tentatively and it changed into a rubber trout. “I think she wants me to check that you are behaving yourself.”

“What makes her think we are not?” George asked in an affronted tone. Verity, who was straightening the Wonderwitch products nearby, snorted.

“Something McGonagall said, I gather,” Bill replied, testing a different trick wand, and ending up with a rubber chicken.

“Oh,” Fred said darkly, “her.” Bill looked at him curiously.

“I wonder if she’s told Mum,” George said, sounding disgruntled.

“Doubtful,” Fred said in a thoughtful tone. “Mum never found out about you and Angie in the broom cupboard, fifth year.”

“That we know of.” The twins fell silent, brows furrowed. George recommenced peering at the photograph of Ginny above the register.

“What are you talking about,” Bill eventually asked, a hint of exasperation in his voice and a pile of rubber animals slowly turning back into wands in front of him on the counter.

“We asked McGonagall a question,” Fred began. “A very important question it was.”

“Super important,” George affirmed.

“And she refused to answer it,” Fred complained.

“What was the question?” Bill scooped the trick wands back into the barrel and folded his arms across his chest. George pulled the photograph of Ginny down from where it had been spellotaped above the register and shoved it under Bill’s nose.

“Who is that wizard?” he demanded. “We asked McGonagall but she wouldn’t tell us.”

“It’s probably that Dean kid,” Bill said with a shrug, flicking the photograph back in George’s direction.

“Dean Thomas is black,” Fred said bluntly. “That is not Dean.”

“Who is that?” George demanded. Bill shrugged unconcernedly.

“Do you not even notice the sex hair?” Fred asked, waving the photo under Bill’s nose once more. “Who is giving our baby sister sex hair?” Bill just laughed.

“Does it matter?”

“Does it matter?” Fred repeated indignantly. “Does it matter … of course it matters! We need to warn him!” George snickered and Bill rolled his eyes.

“And here I thought you were worried about your sister’s virtue,” Verity said, shaking her head as she tossed a box of Fainting Fancies on the counter.

“While I am concerned that she’s going through boys a bit fast,” George said, putting the photograph of Ginny back above the register. “Fred is actually just a gossip monger.”

“I’m concerned!” Fred protested.

“Concerned with gossip,” George said.

“I’m right though, aren’t I?” Fred said with a hint of smugness. “I said it wasn’t Dean.”

“How did you even know Ginny was … whatever it is she’s doing with that wizard?” Bill asked.

“Snogging,” Fred said promptly. “Ron told us, but he didn’t tell us who with.”

“Nor did Katie, or Neville, or Colin, or Professor McGonagall,” George said, counting each Gryffindor with his fingers and holding his left hand up, fingers splayed.

“Have you asked Ginny?” Verity queried from the display of Skiving Snackboxes where she was rearranging the product so the larger boxes were at eye level. George and Fred looked at each other sheepishly. Bill laughed and tossed one of the Canary Creams sitting in a bowl on the counter towards his brothers before turning and striding towards the door.

“Let me know what you find out, Gossip Queen!” he called as he slipped out the door and back into Diagon Alley. Fred flipped him off, but his thoughts were whirring madly.

~*~

Dearest Favourite Sister,

It occurs to us that we have not written to you nearly as much as we should while you are sequestered away from the bosom of your family pursuing your education. Hence, we have decided to write and enquire as to your personal contentment and general wellbeing. We hope you are studying hard and also keeping our legacy alive by not studying too hard. I know it is a tricky balance but if anyone can do it, you can.

We trust Quidditch has gone well. We heard from Mum you were playing Seeker owing to the actual Seeker being unable to play (what on earth does he get up to, we often wonder).

Obviously, we, your favourite brothers, are well, having been successfully engaged in activities of a business nature. Do you require any items from our range? Any Skiving needs? Or perhaps pimple vanisher? Helps with the wizards and all. How are the wizards at Hogwarts? Anything of any interest to report? We trust you are behaving yourself, but you’d tell us if anyone … wasn’t — wouldn’t you?

Let us know how things are and any product is yours (except those Wonderwitch love potions — you still can’t have one of those) especially if you tell your friends where you got it!

All our love,

F&G, Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, Proprietors.


~*~

Minerva McGonagall looked out over the Great Hall. She had arrived early for breakfast supervision and was ready to tuck into the fine spread the house elves had prepared. Truly fond of her job, she enjoyed watching over her charges and seeing as they grew and developed. She knew she often did a terrible job of hiding who her favourites were, but she did try. Albus was never fooled, but he never said anything either. She suspected he had his own favourites.

Minerva watched as Neville Longbottom made his way to the Gryffindor table and sat down at a seat near the teacher’s table. He was alone as he often was but he was humming as he walked and sat down cheerfully, reaching for the pumpkin juice and a large platter of toast. Neville had worried her when he’d first arrived. He had been such a timid, pudgy little thing, not at all suited to living away from home and terrified of his own shadow. Now he had filled out nicely, was quite a bit taller and had made quite a name for himself with Professor Sprout. He would do quite nicely indeed.

Colin Creevey made quite an entrance as Minerva contemplated Neville’s future. He’d never quite grown out of the bounciness he had arrived with and was still as eager as ever to learn about the wizarding world. Minerva held great fears for his safety however because he was Muggleborn. The war was coming, it was coming closer and faster, and it was, as Sirius had said, just like last time. She worried for all her Muggleborn students, but especially Colin because he was just so innocent despite no longer being eleven. Colin reached a seat in the middle of the table and swung his book bag onto the seat, perching beside it and pouring himself a bowl of Cheeri-Owls. He positively beamed at anyone who wandered by, and Millicent Bulstrode frowned at him in confusion when he greeted her with a cheery wave.

A group of second year girls caught Minerva’s eye next. They were giggling and skipping as they made their way to the very end of the Gryffindor table near the doors, keeping an eye on them as they filled their plates with bacon and eggs. They were obviously waiting for something although Minerva had not yet worked out what exactly that might be. A group of older Ravenclaw girls were likewise occupied halfway up the Ravenclaw table and the scattering of Hufflepuffs also included some rather giggly girls as well. Minerva frowned slightly, trying to pin down what was going on.

Casting an eye over the Slytherin table only a few girls were whispering together, mostly the sixth and seventh years. Just then Luna Lovegood skipped into the Great Hall. Minerva pursed her lips together. She really was fond of the girl, but she did make some rather odd choices and it rather felt like she was going to make one today if the glint in her eye was anything to go by. Luna often looked dreamy but today she looked mischievous which was enough to make Minerva very wary indeed.

It was difficult not to be fond of Weasleys and Ron was no exception. Minerva watched as he loped into the Great Hall next, shirt only half buttoned and tie hanging around his neck loosely. His robes had obviously been thrown on in haste, threatening to fall off his left shoulder. Hurrying to Neville, Ron threw himself onto a seat opposite and started filling his plate with enough food to feed an army. Minerva watched with exasperation as he started to speak to Neville, mouth full, spraying bits of egg across the table. Neville grimaced and gestured rudely at him. Minerva didn’t even bother reprimanding him.

The Great Hall was filling up. Draco Malfoy had slid into the seat next to Pansy Parkinson and was pretending to listen to her. It was blatantly obvious to Minerva that he had zero interest in Pansy’s prattle. She wondered how long before Pansy realised that. Katie Bell and her Ravenclaw friend Leanne, book bags overflowing with textbooks and parchment, hurried into the Great Hall talking animatedly. Tavia Ashley and Kimberley Enfield trailed behind them, the seventh years all looking rather frazzled. Seamus and Dean, heads together sat down at the Gryffindor table and Minerva winced when she saw Seamus cast a warming charm on some toast which immediately began smouldering. Hermione Granger, hair tamed into a ponytail, arrived looking somewhat disgruntled. Minerva saw her face soften as she found Ron Weasley and hurried to sit with him. They were an unlikely pair, Minerva thought, but she had a feeling …

A hush fell over the Great Hall suddenly as it had for the past two mornings now. A few of the younger girls watched in awe as Harry Potter strode in, quite alone but still creating quite a stir. A group of third year Hufflepuffs started giggling and Luna called out Harry’s name and waved to him from the Ravenclaw table. Harry seemed quite impervious to all the fuss as he reached Ron and Hermione in a few long strides. He really had grown up into a nice young man, Minerva thought. He’d been far too small when he’d first arrived but now, he was looking far more like the man he was always destined to be.

It seemed Harry was the subject of the giggling girls as they all seemed to follow him, heads swivelling as he walked, the giggling rippling around the Great Hall like a wave. Minerva wasn’t stupid. She knew as well as anyone what the gossip was. She’d also seen it with her own eyes. That Harry Potter was going out with Ginny Weasley pleased Minerva, and she was sure it pleased Albus too. Severus however was quite irascible about the entire subject. The staff had discussed it over supper on Monday evening.

“Have you heard the latest?” Pomona Sprout said, a steaming mug of hot chocolate in one hand and a butternut snap in the other.

“The latest what?” Horace Slughorn asked eagerly, leaning forward and spilling his tea.

“Romance,” giggled Pomona. Minerva had to push down the urge to scold her.

“I di hear a rumour about young Harry,” Horace said. “Is there any truth to the rumours?”

“What rumour would that be?” enquired Albus as he all but glided into the room.

“Harry Potter is going out with Ginny Weasley,” squeaked Filius, trying to fetch a drink without falling off his chair. He eventually gave up and simply summoned a teacup and two lumps of sugar.

“Ah to be young and feel love’s keen sting,” Albus said, eyes twinkling merrily. He helped himself to shortbread and a cup of milky tea.

“When has Potter found the time to get himself a girlfriend?” Severus asked, lips quirked in a sneer.

“Yes, when indeed given how much unnecessary time he’s spending in detention.” Minerva was unable to bite back the retort, but she didn’t regret it. Albus raised one eyebrow at her, but she stared back at him defiantly.

“Well, is it true, Minerva?” Sybil Trelawney pressed, her eyes round as saucers behind her thick glasses.

“You don’t know?” Severus drawled. “Didn’t see it … coming?”

“Severus!” Minerva hissed. She turned to Sybil. “They are indeed an item.” Pomona sighed dreamily taking a bite of her biscuit.

“Ridiculous,” muttered Severus, rising to his feet and sweeping out of the staff room. Pomona Sprout watched him go and then turned to Minerva, pressing her for details which Minerva had been only too happy to provide.

Minerva was brought back to the present by the fluttering of owls which signalled the post had arrived. She had quite missed Ginny Weasley’s entrance, and the girl was now sitting next to Harry, chatting animatedly with her friends, and gesturing wildly at Ron every now and then. Letters and newspapers, parcels and magazines began to drop onto tables in front of students and the rustling of paper joined the clinking of cutlery and excited chatter of the Great Hall at breakfast.

Ginny Weasley, it seemed, had gotten a letter. Minerva sipped her tea and watched as Ginny read her letter, first rolling her eyes, then laughing and then frowning. Harry leaned over, talking quietly to her and Minerva watched as his face softened. It really was rather lovely to see Harry so happy and Ginny must be over the moon. She had held a torch for Harry for so long and it had been rather embarrassing at first, but Minerva had seen the pair of them mature so that this really was quite natural. Far, far more natural than whatever disaster Harry had attempted with Cho Chang. Minerva supressed a shudder. She had never really liked Dean for Ginny either, it just wasn’t quite right. As for Michael Corner, Minerva had been glad to see the back of him! Ron started to mime vomiting and Hermione slapped his arm. Ron jumped suddenly and Minerva wondered if his sister had sent a stinging hex his way. Impressive if she had, Minerva didn’t even see her move her wand. Not that she condoned unauthorised magic to attack people but who was she to get involved in sibling matters?

Ginny was now gesturing wildly at Ron, the letter in her hand fluttering madly. The stationery looked the same as a letter she had received herself just yesterday. If Minerva wasn’t mistaken, Fred and George Weasley had now gone straight to the source. A smile tugged at her lips. She wondered if the twins would be successful this time.

She did not like their chances.

~*~

Dear Weasley’s Wizard Wankers,

What has Ron told you?

Love Ginny

Reviews 30
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear