Search:

SIYE Time:22:58 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Secrets of the Chamber
By Gin110881

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Minerva McGonagall, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 73
Summary: Raised by his godfather Sirius Black in seclusion, Harry Potter finds new friends after the return of the Dark Lord, and together they seek ways to overcome the rising darkness.
Hitcount: Story Total: 21602; Chapter Total: 960
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Okay, here is it, the final chapter of this story. I hope you enjoyed it. There will still be an epilogue where some loose ends will be tied together. Please, let me know if you think there is anything in this story that needs further explanation, and I'll try to include it.
Oh, and you don't have to ask for Sirius. We'll see him again in the epilogue. Promised.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


"I think I found something interesting," Hermione said solemnly as Harry and Ginny joined her at the breakfast table.

"Brilliant," Harry said, barely suppressing a yawn. A glance at the clock told him it was six in the morning, a bit earlier than usual, but they wanted to be in the Forbidden Forest by 8 a.m. at the latest to search for the entrance to the chamber at first light.

"Let's wait for Ron," Hermione said, but Harry could tell she was having a hard time not blurting out her news right away. "I went over my notes again last night, and now I'm sure my suspicions were right. Oh, there comes Ron."

Looking up from his coffee, Harry returned Ginny's brother's greeting.

"It must be pretty interesting. You've barely looked up from your books the last few days," Harry said, smirking.

"It's about the Horcruxes," Hermione replied, wringing her hands nervously. "As we already know, to terminate a Horcruxes, it has to be destroyed beyond magical repair. But I found out that it's probably not necessary."

Giving Hermione a confused look, Harry raised an eyebrow. "Does this mean we don't have to go into the chamber?"

"No, I don't think so," Hermione shook her head. "It's about the body of the wizard or witch, where the main part of the soul resides. Last week, I found a vague statement in one of the books I borrowed from Hogwarts, but I wanted to double-check it before talking about it. Unfortunately, it took a little longer because the book was written in ancient Egyptian Runes, and..."

"Please get to the point, Hermione," Ron said, rolling his eyes.

"Yes, the point is..." Irritated by the interruption, Hermione glanced at the others and then nodded. "If you destroy the body of the wizard who made the Horcrux beyond magical repair, the split-off soul piece in the Horcrux does no longer have an anchor and begins to disintegrate after a while." Looking around as if she wanted to make sure everyone did understand what she was saying, Hermione asked, "What do you think?"

Ginny replied in a toneless voice. "You mean we have to kill Tom using the basilisk venom?"

"Yes, probably," Hermione said. "I'm sure Avada Kedavra won't work."

"And how should we do that?" asked Ron, frowning. "Offer him a poisoned cup of tea?"

"A blowgun," Harry said, remembering a documentary he'd seen on TV.

"That's a viable idea," Hermione said. "But maybe we can find something better."

"What's a blowgun?" asked Ginny, puzzled.

"It's a tube with a small arrow in it. If you blow in on one side, the arrow flies out on the other side. Such an arrow is usually poisoned to kill the game when you're hunting...or your enemy."

"And you think this will work," Ron replied with a sceptical look.

"Anyway. We'll find something," Hermione declared.

"Yeah," Harry agreed. "Let's talk about it when we're back. First, we should go into the chamber and try to destroy the Horcruxes."

"We should leave a message for Mum and Dad," Ginny interjected.

"Ginny, you..." Ron replied but was interrupted by Ginny.

"Just in case something happens and we don't get out of there. Otherwise, nobody would ever find us there. Harry is the only one of us who can send a talking Patronus. or can you produce a Patronus, Hermione?"

"No, I'm..." Hermione blushed. "I never tried. It's supposed to be very advanced magic."

"Leaving a letter sounds reasonable," Harry agreed. "But leave it in your room so they won't find it unless we're really in trouble."

**



After breakfast, they met in the hallway, wearing their warm winter robes as November nights in Scotland could be pretty chilly.

"Be right back," Ron muttered, hurrying out the back door.

"What's he up to?" Hermione glanced after Ron, shaking her head.

"You'll see in a moment," Harry replied, grinning.

"You've fetched rooster from the Burrow," Ginny said, giving Harry a knowing look.

"Yeah. We put the poor thing in Jolanta's enclosure," Harry admitted, examining a backpack he'd stuffed the Invisibility Cloak in and his Hogwarts map. "Have you got the new Hogwarts map with you?" he asked, glancing at Ginny.

"Sure," Ginny replied, pulling her map out of her pocket just enough to show a corner and sliding it back in.

Hermione handed out the portkeys to everyone. "Don't forget the activation word," she admonished. "It is..."

"Shakespeare. I know. Thanks," Ron gave Hermione a smile as he returned with the rooster and received the portkey. "It looks like we have a visitor."


"Who could show up here so early in the morning?" Harry asked in surprise and groaned as the back door opened. "Tonks, what gives us the honour of seeing you so early in the morning?"

"Nothing special. I just wanted to make sure everything was alright," Tonks replied, eyeing the four of them. "Why? Where are you going?"

Harry took a deep breath and grimaced. They had to hurry, and if he'd tell Tonks the whole truth now, she would surely insist that someone from the Order would go with them. Pondering his options, he finally muttered, "I have something to do for Dumbledore, and my friends are helping me."

"What are you up to?"

"Sorry, Tonks, but I can't tell you. Dumbledore told me, I can only talk to Professor McGonagall about this. Unfortunately, she doesn't have time for me and..." Harry sighed, "We have to leave now, or we'll be late. Don't tell anyone. We'll be back in the afternoon."

"Do you want me to take a message to Minerva?" Tonks asked with a worried expression. "I'm the liaison between the Order and her as long as she can't leave Hogwarts. To be honest, I'm only here this early because I'll be seeing her later."

Harry gave Tonks a pensive look. Of course, he could write a letter to McGonagall, and Tonks could deliver it. But a letter could get lost and who knows who would find it. Then again...he had already told his friends about the Horcruxes, and he had no doubt that Tonks was trustworthy.

"Tell McGonagall that Voldemort made Horcruxes," Harry said.

"What are Horcruxes?" Tonks asked, puzzled.

"Just tell her. It's important," Harry countered. "She can explain what Horcruxes are. But we don't have time for that now."

"Are you sure McGonagall knows what Horcruxes are?" Tonks asked sceptically.

Sighing, Harry glanced at Tonks and shook his head. "I'm not sure, but she'll find out. And..." Harry hesitated. He really should talk to the Headmistress. "Tell her she can meet me at the edge of the Forbidden Forest around noon if she wants to know more. Wherever she is there, I will find her." Harry smiled at Tonks. "We have the Marauders Map with us."

**


As they landed near the Shrieking Shack, it was chilly and a bit foggy, but luckily it didn't rain. Listening intently into the dawn, Harry looked around, his arm still around Ginny's waist. A soft pop announced the arrival of Hermione and Ron, who was giving his Apparition partner an awkward smile as he stepped away from her embrace.

After exchanging encouraging glances and nods, indicating that they were ready, the group silently made their way to the Forbidden Forest.

They'd already walked part of the way when Hermione whispered, "Why is the rooster quiet. What did you do?"

"I just calmed him down a bit. Don't worry, he'll be fine," Ron replied.

"Did you take the spell George always uses to sedate the garden gnome at Christmas?" asked Ginny.

"Yeah," Ron replied with a smirk.

"Perfect. Then the rooster will crow the moment you wake it up," Ginny replied, hurrying to catch up with Harry.

As they neared their destination, Ginny unfolded the new map of Hogwarts and studied it carefully. "It's not that far anymore," she said, pointing along the edge of the forest. "Somewhere up there, the map shows a footpath that leads into the forest."

Following the edge of the forest, they soon found the narrow, barely visible path that, according to the map, passed near the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets. After about 50 yards, the footpath widened, and the forest around them thinned out a bit. Soon the path joined a wide trail with hundreds of hoof prints.

"I didn't know the centaurs were coming this close to the castle," Ginny whispered.

"Hagrid said that centaurs roam all of the Forbidden Forest," Ron replied. "I've always wanted to see the centaurs, but I'd gladly do without them today."

The centaurs' tracks led them to a clearing half the size of a Quidditch pitch with a fifteen feet high stone stele in the centre.

"These runes are pretty old," Hermione murmured, stepping closer. "Some of them, I've never seen."

"This rune is the same as the one above the entrance to the Slytherin dungeons," said Ron, pointing to the top of the stele. When he noticed Hermione's surprised look, he raised his hands defensively. "I have no clue what it means. I've never had runes."

"Look here!" Ginny suddenly called from the edge of the clearing. "There's a well. It's exactly where the entrance to the chamber is marked on the map."

Harry walked over to where Ginny was bent over a slab of stone covering the well, map in hand.

"That sign looks familiar," Ginny murmured, staring at a symbol carved on the stone slab.

Harry took a closer look at the symbol consisting of a circle of three snakes.

"It's the same symbol as in Myrtle's toilet," Hermione said.

Ginny turned abruptly and stared at Hermione. "Yes. That's right. How do you know that?"

Hermione shrugged. "As I told you. I...I figured back then that there must be a basilisk somewhere in Hogwarts, and I've looked all over the castle. And there was this snake symbol in one of the sinks, but...but I didn't find anything else there and...and then, I didn't go back after Myrtle once...well, let's say it wasn't enjoyable."

Ginny stared intently at the symbol and then very slowly hissed, "Oyen!"

"Do you mean, Open?" Harry asked, wrapping his arm around Ginny's waist as they watched the slab of stone transform into a stairway leading down into the dark depths.

"Yes," Ginny replied. "Yes. It was, Open."

"What are you talking about," said Ron with a horrified look on his face.

"I remembered that symbol and then..." Ginny shook herself and clung tighter to Harry.

"Do you speak Parseltongue, too?" Hermione asked, looking at Ginny inquiringly.

"No...No," Ginny replied, shaking her head. "Not at all. But that one word... He made me practice it over and over until he...Oh. I hate him...And I was so stupid..."

"No, you weren't," Harry said, hugging Ginny. "And in the end, you won. You got rid of him." He hesitated before he asked, worried, "Are you sure you want to go down there?"

"Yeah, I want to go down there," Ginny said and took a deep breath. "I want to see what it's like down there. I want to see the things I can't remember."

"Alright," Harry looked her into the eye and saw her determination. "Let's go."

Slowly they walked down the stairs into the darkness. As the daylight was no longer enough to see the steps ahead, Harry held up his wand, muttering, "Lumos!"

At the bottom of the stairs, Harry found the entrance of a tunnel that led slightly uphill. He stopped briefly to turn around to make sure the others were following him.

"Wait a minute," Hermione called and muttered an incantation Harry didn't understand.

"Oh. Great idea, Hermione," Harry exclaimed as a bright blue light suddenly appeared in front of him and floated up the tunnel. "Let's hurry before it's out of sight," he called, grabbing Ginny's hand and hurrying after the light.

After a while, the tunnel broadened, and the torches on the walls began to burn as they approached.

"You totally lose track of time down here," Hermione groaned out of breath. "We've been walking for half an hour already, haven't we?"

"It's not that long," Harry replied. "Maybe ten minutes. Look. There's a gate ahead."

And indeed, they were facing a large double gate leading into a large hall. The blue light had floated up to the ceiling, bathing the room in an unreal blue.

"Watch out," Harry called as he noticed a motion across the room.

Closely pressed against the wall, Harry watched the hall. "Ron. Get the rooster ready," Harry hissed. "I think that's the basilisk."

Indeed, a giant snake was moving towards them. Stopping in the middle of the hall, it raised its head nearly 10 feet in the air and looked down at them, letting its tongue flick in and out.

Ron hissed nervously, "Should I let the rooster crow?"

Just then, the basilisk hissed softly but clearly, "Hello!"

Harry froze.

"Nathaira greets the bearer of Salazar the Great's ring. What brings you to me?"

"Ron. Wait," Harry hissed. "Leave the rooster where it is. Unless... wait."

That... that could only have been that giant basilisk talking. But which ring was the basilisk talking about? Harry only had that one ring with him, the Gaunt ring in the leather bag...

"Bloody hell. What is that beast hissing at?" asked Ron, clearly nervous.

"Wait," Harry replied, debating if he should really engage in conversation. "It...it's asking what we're doing here." Harry hesitated but felt he shouldn't wait too long to answer. But what should he answer give...

"Hello, Nathaira. Unfortunately, the ring of Salazar the Great is imbued with dark magic, and I have come to ask you to free the ring from it," Harry began cautiously.

"Nathaira smells the dark magic," the basilisk replied, flicking its tongue. "It smells of the former wearer of the ring who'd visited Nathaira. It is evil magic. But Nathaira must follow the instructions of the wearer of the ring and protect him. As decreed by Salazar the Great."

"It wants to help us," Harry said in a low voice to his friends. "Somehow, I'm kind of its master because I have the ring."

"What ring?" Ron asked, confused, but immediately answered his own question. "Ah. I've got it. That Horcrux ring."

"Exactly that one," Harry replied.

"We should be careful, though," Hermione interjected. "One look is enough, and we are dead."

"Talk to the basilisk, Harry," Ginny said. "Just tell what we're up to."

"Yeah, that's probably the best," Harry agreed, turning back to the basilisk. "Nathaira, can you help me to free the ring and some other things from the evil magic?"

"Come to me and show me these things," the basilisk replied.

"Is it..." Harry hesitated. "Isn't it dangerous to come to you? We will die if you look at us."

"Don't be afraid, bearer of the ring. My eyes are closed. I'm used to living in the dark."

Harry translated the last said and sighed. "I think it's best if I go to her."

"I'm coming with you," Ginny said immediately.

Harry looked at her uneasily. "Ginny, you don't have to..."

"I have to," Ginny replied firmly. "I need to see the basilisk to remember it."

Harry raised his eyebrows and shrugged. "But stay behind me. Please."

"Be careful," Ron murmured. "I have the rooster ready."

Harry took Ginny's hand and stepped through the entrance into the hall. After a few steps, they stopped and looked up at the basilisk, who was flicking its tongue again.

"I smell the flame-haired girl the last ring-bearer brought with him," said the basilisk. "Welcome back."

"The basilisk remembers you," Harry whispered, giving Ginny a crooked smile.

"Get that stuff out of your bag," said Ron's voice. "It makes me queasy to watch the snake looking down at us from up there, licking its tongue."

Astonished, Harry turned around to see Ron and Hermione behind him, looking up at Nathaira with serious but determined faces. Harry's lips twitched with a suppressed grin as he noticed Ron's arm around Hermione's waist while she leaned slightly on Ron's shoulder.

Nodding to his friends, Harry opened the leather bag and dumped its contents onto the stone floor.

Nathaira tongued, leaned down to the Horcruxes, and rummaged around in them with her snout. The Horcruxes began to hiss and emit dark smoke. The smoke grew thicker and thicker when suddenly some pitiful screams rang out, and the smoke slowly cleared.

"The evil is gone," Nathaira said. It sounded almost solemn, Harry thought, if Parseltongue could sound solemn.

"Thank you, Nathaira," Harry replied. "I am in your debt."

"Nathaira lives to serve. That was the wish of Salazar the Great," the basilisk replied with what appeared to be a bow and curled onto the stone floor.

Harry knelt down to collect the former Horcruxes. While searching for the gloves, his gaze wandered over to Nathaira again. "Nathaira. Can I touch these things now, or are they poisonous?"
"You can touch them. They won't harm you," the basilisk replied, sounding almost sleepy, Harry thought.

Harry gently touched the Hufflepuff Cup with the tip of his wand and tapped it several times with his fingertip, but nothing happened. After a moment's thought, he slipped the Gaunt ring onto his finger. You never know what else the help of a Basilisk might come in handy for. To Harry's amazement, the Horcruxes looked totally unharmed.

After packing the former Horcruxes back into the leather bag, Harry turned to his friends, who hadn't taken their eyes off the basilisk, who was dozing as if they weren't there anymore.

"Let's go back. I don't know what else we can do here. Or do you want to have a look around here?" Harry gave Ginny a questioning look.

"No. I..." Ginny hesitated and looked around. "Apart from this vague memory of the dark corridors, I really don't remember anything, not even the basilisk." She nodded. "Yeah, let's go."

While they made their way back down the slightly sloping tunnel to the exit, Hermione let the blue light float in front of them again.

"It went quicker than I expected," said Ron, still holding Hermione's hand like it was the most normal thing in the world, Harry noticed.

Ginny grinned at Harry as she noticed where Harry's eyes were going.

They'd almost reached the exit when Harry suddenly felt dizzy. He stopped and shook his head. When it didn't subside, he pushed his glasses up and massaged his face when suddenly a sharp pain shot through his head, and the scar on his forehead nearly exploded. Harry fell on his knees and squeezed his eyes shut in an unsuccessful attempt to stop the pain.

"What is it, Harry?" Ginny asked in a startled voice.

"Voldemort," Harry ground out. "He must be out there somewhere."

Remembering the Occlumency exercises Dumbledore had taught him, Harry closed his eyes and tried to concentrate and clear his head. It took a while, but his breathing slowly returned to normal. When he opened his eyes again, he noticed Ginny's worried look as she knelt beside him, her arm draped over his shoulders.

"Are you feeling better?" she asked as Harry slowly straightened.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Harry replied.

"Really?" Ginny gave him a no-nonsense look. "Fine looks different."

"Yeah, I'm really feeling better," Harry nodded. Noticing Ginny's look, he admitted, "It's just a very slight headache."

Looking around, Harry noticed Hermione and Ron kneeling on the floor beside them, hunched over the Hogwarts map.

"He's at the edge of the Forbidden Forest," Ron muttered. "You know who I mean. The map shows him as Tom Riddle."

"That's his name," Harry replied.

"I know, I know," said Ron. "But isn't it ironic that the magic of the map reveals his real name and not his made-up name?"

"There are other Death Eaters with him. A dozen at least," Hermione said. "Lucius Malfoy, three Lestrange's, Rabastan, Bellatrix, and Rodolphus."

"I'm surprised Snape isn't there," Ron said disparagingly.

"What shall we do now?" Harry pondered aloud. "We can stay here and wait until they eventually leave. But maybe Voldemort also wants to go down into the chamber. In this case, we should try to get out of here before he shows up."

"I'll go and see what's going on outside," Ron said, scratching the back of his head.

"But be careful," Ginny said, giving her brother a worried look as he headed towards the exit.

"Wait. I'll come with you," Hermione called, hurrying after Ron.

"I really do feel better," Harry murmured as he noticed that Ginny was still supporting him. He got up and looked after Ron and Hermione, who were soon just a blue dot in the distance as Hermione's light spell followed them.

"What was that?" Ginny asked when soft scraping noises came from somewhere in the tunnel behind them

"It's Nathaira. She's following us," Harry said. "Let's check on your brother and Hermione."

"All right," Ginny replied, mumbling, "Lumos."

As Harry briefly turned around, he spotted Nathaira waiting just outside the glow of Ginny's wand. He seized Ginny's free hand, and they hurried towards the exit.

They found Ron and Hermione standing at the top of the stairs, peering out into the clearing.

"There's no one around. The coast is clear," Ron said.

"And what does the map show?" asked Harry, not sure if he should trust the silence out there. "I'm not sure I want to face Voldemort today without having a plan."

"Then let's take the portkeys," Hermione suggested.

"Good idea," Harry replied, pulling the old pencil Hermione had turned into a Portkey out of his pocket. "Go ahead. I'll be the last to go."

"We'll go together," Ginny said, reaching out to touch Harry's portkey.

Giving Ron a brief glance, Hermione said "Shakespeare" to activate her portkey, but nothing happened. Ron had the same bad luck.

"They erected anti Portkey shields," Hermione cried, alarmed.

"Harry, try Apparating us back," Ginny suggested.

"I wouldn't be surprised if anti-Apparition shields are in place as well," Hermione said doubtfully.

"Yeah, but we should at least try it before we go out there," Ginny countered.

Holding Ginny in his arms, Harry tried to Apparate, but then he just shook his head. "It's not working."

"Then let's go a little further into the forest," Ginny suggested. "The shield can't cover the entire Forbidden Forest, can it?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah, we can try to walk further into the forest and Apparate from there."

Wands at the ready, the four crept out of the exit and sneaked towards the edge of the clearing.

"Stop! What are you doing here?" suddenly asked a squeaky voice out of nowhere.

Harry turned in the direction the voice had come from and surveyed the clearing.

"Over there." Ginny indicated with her wand at the opposite edge of the clearing, where the bushes were moving.

"Come out, you coward," Harry called.

And sure enough, a short, plump, pointy-nosed, bald man stepped out of the bushes, his wand trained on Harry.

"Peter Pettigrew," called Harry, surprised.

"Harry Potter," answered the man's squeaky voice. "And who do we have here. Isn't that Ron Weasley, the fool I had so easily duped? One common rat was enough to convince him of my death." The man let out a sneering laugh. "And he brought the Mudblood and his little sister with him. Lucius will be happy to see the brat again. He still has a score to settle with her. Oh, my Lord will be happy to meet you all."

"Why should we come with you?" asked Harry, disgusted by the slimy man.

"Because otherwise, it would hurt you a lot," Pettigrew replied with a spiteful grin and suddenly shot a cutting spell at Harry.

Quickly, Harry erected a shield, only to find the spell wasn't aimed at him. It flew past Harry and hit Ron, who'd swiftly stepped protectively in front of Hermione, who had apparently been Pettigrew's target. His face contorted in pain, Ginny's brother held his shoulder, muttering swear words under his breath.

Harry sent an Expelliarmus, which Pettigrew countered with a spiteful laugh and a shield.

"You can't escape, Potter. My Lord is already on his way to you," Pettigrew called and bowed down.

Harry's eyes snapped in the direction Pettigrew was looking, and he gasped.

With a superior smile, Voldemort stepped into the clearing, followed by a group of Death Eaters in their typical black robes. Harry recognized Lucius Malfoy and Sirius' cousin Bellatrix standing next to the Lestrange brothers, he knew from pictures Sirius had shown him. A huge snake slithered in the grass, never leaving Voldemort's side. That had to be Nagini, Harry suspected.

"Look, my Lord, who I have for you. Harry Potter," Pettigrew called, bowing his head.

"Harry Potter. Finally, we meet again," Voldemort said with a sneer. "Unfortunately, this will be our last meeting as today you will meet your destiny, and the prophecy will finally be fulfilled."

Harry noticed a group of Hogwarts students pushing into the clearing behind the Death Eaters, staring openly at Harry and his friends. Apparently, they were led by a blond Slytherin who bore a striking resemblance to Lucius Malfoy. His cocky grin was even cockier than his father's.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Harry looked around, searching for a way to escape. The other end of the clearing was too far away. They wouldn't make it. Maybe... Yes, that was the only possibility. He would distract Voldemort so his friends could escape. He was responsible for their safety because they were only here because of him.

"Get ready to run," he hissed to the others, lifting his chin and taking a few steps forward.

"What is my destiny?" asked Harry. "Do you really think you know?" Harry suddenly remembered what Ginny had said when he'd told her about the prophecy. "Why should there be a prophecy when it would be so easy for you to kill me. How many prophecies would then have to exist? A dozen? Hundreds? Or even more? You must know best how many innocents you've killed, Tom."

"Don't call me Tom. I'm Lord Voldemort," Harry's opponent hissed angrily.

"Your name is Tom Riddle. You're half-blood, just like me. Why shouldn't I call you Tom?" asked Harry with an innocent expression.

A murmur among the students caught Harry's attention. Apparently, they didn't know that Voldemort was half-blood. But then, Harry noticed some of the Death Eaters were staring past him. Turning around, he spotted Professor McGonagall stepping into the clearing, followed by about two dozen Order members and Hogwarts professors. Harry recognized Ginny's parents, Tonks, and a very thin-looking Remus at her side as they joined his friends.

"None of this is going to help you, Harry Potter," Voldemort exclaimed. "I am the most powerful wizard alive and far more powerful than all of you together. Lord Voldemort is immortal."

"Again, you're wrong, Tom. Just like about the prophecy," Harry replied, smirking. "We found all your little secrets and destroyed them. What? You don't believe me?"

Slowly Harry opened the leather bag, careful to keep his wand ready for use. "Look here," Harry called, dumping the contents of the bag in the grass in front of him. "Here's the Hufflepuff Cup, your diary, and..." Harry raised his hand to show the finger with the Gaunt Ring on it. "Do you recognize the ring? I can wear it because it's not a Horcrux anymore..."

Voldemort's eyes widened in anger. "Lucius! You betrayed me. You assured me my property was safe with you, and you lied to me. Nobody betrays Lord Voldemort without being punished."

"My Lord," exclaimed Malfoy and fell to his knees. "I can explain..."

"Avada Kadevra!"

Malfoy's horrified gaze froze on his face as the force of the curse hurled him into the group of Hogwarts students who had gathered behind his son, who was shaking like a leaf, staring down at his father in horror.

"And now it's your turn, Harry Potter," Voldemort called with maniacal laughter. His slit nose twitched as if trying to pick up Harry's scent. "Come closer to me, and don't hide behind your so-called friends. They won't help you."

"I'm here." Harry stepped aside so his friends and the Order wouldn't stand behind him when Voldemort attacked.

"Enjoy the last seconds of your useless life," the noseless monster in front of Harry sneered. "I give you the honour of being the last person you ever saw with your own eyes."

"Tom, you talk too much," Harry replied, desperately trying to find a way out of his situation. "Are you afraid that you're just as mortal as I am now?"

"Avada Kedavra," Voldemort shouted angrily, and the green Killing Curse raced toward Harry.

Harry managed to dodge the curse at the last moment and countered with an Expelliarmus, which Voldemort deflected with a burst of scornful laughter and distracted him just enough to be his undoing.

The moment Harry was attacked, Nathaira stormed out of the exit of the Chamber of Secrets, hissing, "I'll protect you!"

Voldemort, obviously misunderstanding Nathaira's words, laughed, "See, Harry Potter. Another ally comes to my aid."

However, Voldemort's red eyes widened in horror as Nathaira attacked Nagini. The snake and the basilisk rose up, their heads ten feet off the ground, flicking their tongues constantly. Nathaira, who was significantly taller and stronger than Nagini, easily dodged Nagini's attack and buried its fangs in the snake's head.

Pointing his wand at the basilisk, Voldemort shouted, "Avada Kedavra!"

To his horror, the curse ricocheted off the basilisk's skin and struck a nearby Death Eater.

Attacked by the Killing Curse, Nathaira opened its eyes, hissing, "Traitors must die!"

Hastily, Voldemort erected a stone shield just in time to avoid the look of the basilisk. But as Nathaira's gaze wandered, Pettigrew, Bellatrix, and several other Death Eaters Harry didn't recognize fell dead on the grass.

Raising further up, Nathaira lunged forward, pushing the stone shield aside attacking Voldemort again with wide-opened jaws.

Fearing the worst, Voldemort again sent another Avada Kedavra, hitting Nathaira fatally in the open jaws.

In his boast, Voldemort failed to notice as Nathaira staggered in mortal agony and her head falling fangs first down on him. The fangs, filled with basilisk venom, caught Voldemort in the shoulder while the basilisk's weight knocked him to the ground, burying him under the dead magical beast.

Staring at the battlefield in front of him, Harry tried to comprehend what he'd just witnessed, but he felt so light-headed, and the world around him began to sway. Slowly, he sat down in the grass as he felt Ginny's arms around him. "Harry. What happened?"

"I don't know. It all feels so...weird, but good," Harry muttered.

"Can I help you?" Ginny asked in a worried voice.

"Just hold me and never let go," Harry murmured and fell asleep.

Reviews 73
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear