Search:

SIYE Time:11:06 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


If Harry Potter Had Game
By demonclownbaby

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 13
Summary: What if Harry Potter fancied Ginny back in Chamber of Secrets? What if he actually did something about it? What if there is a sarcasm feedback loop? Canon compliant, but divergent from that point on.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6170; Chapter Total: 1388







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


"Ginny," said Harry, as she came to consciousness.

She turned towards him. "Harry - oh, Harry - I tried to tell you at b-breakfast, but I c-couldn't say it in front of Percy - it was me, Harry - but I - I s-swear I d-didn't mean to - R-Riddle made me, he t-took me over - and - Harry... you're hurt!"

"Yeah. Basilisk venom, I'm afraid. I… just wasn't fast enough…"

"Oh! Harry!" Ginny cried.

"Listen, Ginny, you'll be all right. Here, take my wand. Head down that tunnel and you'll find Ron on the other side of a rockfall. Between the two of you, you should have no problem finding a way out..."

"Harry! This is all my fault," Ginny sobbed. "I'm so sorry…"

"Ginny, it's okay. Don't cry. It… it was my honour. I've had kind of a rubbish life, if you want to know the truth. If the last thing I do with it is beat Voldemort again and rescue a pretty maiden in distress, I'll count that a win."

"Vol-you know who?!"

"Yeah, Tom Riddle is the real name of Voldemort. Don't feel guilty Ginny, he's the one to blame, not you."

"But-"

"Ginny, everything's starting to go dark. Will… will you stay with me? Just for a few minutes?"

"Of course, Harry!" Ginny came closer and took Harry by the hand. "Harry… you're my hero. I - for the rest of my life, I'll-"

"Say, Ginny. I do have one regret. Please don't take this the wrong way… or think I'm trying to take advantage or anything. But, well, this is embarrassing, but… I don't want to die without ever having kissed a girl."

Ginny looked up at his face, shocked. "Harry!"

"Look, I'm not trying to pressure you or anything! But that is kind of my last request, if it wouldn't be too terrible for you…"

Ginny swallowed and took a deep breath, seeing the earnestness in his face.

"Of course, Harry. Of course." She scooted a little closer, leaning her face close to his. His face was dirty and sweaty, and he weakly tried to rub it with the sleeve of his robes.

Harry closed his eyes. Ginny examined him for a moment, then closed her eyes and pressed her lips to his.

It wasn't romantic, and it wasn't even really a kiss. Ginny pushed her face closer and pressed it to Harry's, and left it there, nuzzling against him.

They were interrupted by a Phoenix cry.

Ginny pulled back and opened her eyes to see Fawkes land next to Harry. Fawkes leaned his head over Harry's wound and dripped his tears onto it.

"Harry!" Ginny cried with joy. "Phoenix tears have healing properties! How do you feel?" She could see the wound sizzling and closing up, and color returning to Harry's face.

Harry looked down at his arm and at Fawkes, then back at Ginny's face, and he grinned.

"Ginny, I put on a brave front but if I'm being truthful, I was pretty terrified. But I am feeling good enough to take my wand back and lead us out of here. Then I'll look forward to collapsing in the hospital wing if you don't mind."

Harry got to his feet and took the wand Ginny returned to him.

"Fawkes, you were brilliant, I'm grateful for your help, and while I might have a few criticisms about your timing I don't think I'll complain about the results. Would you do us one more favour and help us get out of here? Once we find Ron?"

Fawkes chirped and hopped on Harry's shoulder. He reached out and took Ginny by the hand, and wand at the ready, headed down the Chamber to find Ron.

________________________________ ________


Harry ended up being last to arrive at the Hospital wing, after his discussion with Dumbledore and encounter with Lucius Malfoy. Ginny was in a bed with her parents and Ron surrounding her. Lockhart was in Madam Pomfrey's office listening with rapt attention to her as if everything she said was new to him. When Harry arrived, the matron left him and rushed over to examine Harry.

Harry was finally allowed to collapse in a bed as he had wished. There was nothing really wrong with him other than exhaustion, but he'd requested to recuperate for a few hours before the Feast began, and encouraged Ron to go visit the recently unpetrified Hermione back in Gryffindor tower and bring her up to speed.

Harry gave Ginny a look and announced he was going to get some much-needed sleep.

Ginny turned to her parents. "I think I'll try to get some sleep as well. Mum, dad, thank you for being here for me. We… can talk more at home, but I think I'm going to be all right."

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley gave her a hug and another one for Harry as well and left the infirmary.

For a few minutes everything was quiet, the beds surrounded by privacy sheets. Madam Pomfrey waved her wand, and, satisfied, returned to her office.

"Hey, Ginny," Harry whispered.

"Yes, Harry?" Ginny whispered back.

"Are you really particularly sleepy?"

"…Not particularly, no."

"Would you mind popping over here to see me?" Harry whispered.

Ginny crept out of bed and under the privacy sheet to stand next to Harry's bed.

Harry scooted over to make room on the bed. Ginny sat, while Harry remained reclined.

"What is it?" Ginny whispered.

Harry reached out and took Ginny's hand with his.

"Well, I'm knackered but I'm not actually sleepy. I thought we could, um, talk."

"…Okay." Ginny was sort of frozen, and her face was red.

"So let me bring you up to speed on what all has really been happening…"

Harry started with Dobby's appearance at Privet Drive before the beginning of the term, and ended with Dobby's recent freedom.

Ginny was outraged that Lucious Malfoy was getting away with nearly causing her death, Harry's death, and any number of others, who were only saved by luck, or by Harry, or both. But she did bark a laugh when she imagined him getting thrown across the castle by Dobby.

"I think that's it… now you know everything," Harry finished.

Ginny was aware that they were still holding hands.

Harry wasn't saying anything. Should she? What should she say? She'd started to explain herself, to apologize, but Harry already understood. Already forgave her. Didn't even seem interested in discussing it, as if it was old news.

"Did… did you reckon we should head to the Feast soon?"

"Oh. Yeah, I reckon we should."

Harry made no move to let go of her hand.

Ginny decided that Harry couldn't be the only one to show some Gryffindor courage.

"Harry, did you want to talk about what happened in the chamber? Between… you and me?"

"Ah. Um, well, yes."

"It looks like you have, um, thoughts on the subject."

"Yes, I do. Ahem." Harry had actually whispered the word "ahem."

"Okay, Ginny, so the thing is, I was dying at the time, as far as I knew I mean…"

Ginny felt cold in her stomach and started to try to wrench her hand out of Harry's grasp.

"Harry, it's okay, look, we can just forget the whole thing, I won't tell anyone, and we can pretend-"

"No!" Harry said out loud, before looking stricken, and resuming whispering.

"That's not it! I'm not sorry it happened and I don't want to forget it! I mean, it's fine not to tell anyone, none of their business honestly, but that's not what I was talking about."

"Well, what are you talking about then?" Ginny hissed.

"I was dying at the time and I didn't get to enjoy it!" he hissed back.

Harry looked mortified and Ginny stared at him in shock.

"I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it! I did! But, well, I was also scared, and dying, and pretty stressed out. It was a great experience, but the whole dying thing kind of marred it, just a bit is all…"

"Harry Potter, what the bloody hell are you talking about?"

"I was just thinking, you know, it was my last request, and you did grant it, but because Voldemort had to be there and a dead basilisk and black blood dripping out of my arm, I was just wondering if it would be too terrible to ask for a do over?"

Ginny growled in exasperation. "Harry, are we seriously having this conversation? You're exhausted in a hospital bed after defeating you know who, for what? The third time? Nearly dying, not to mention saving my life, and now we're holding hands and having a roaring row all while whispering, because you want to kiss me again and this is the way you went about asking me?!"

"Well, when you put it that way it just sounds daft, you know."

"You just sound daft, you know."

"Well, I never claimed to be undaft, as it happens, and considering the long day I've had, I think an even greater than usual amount of daftedness is both warranted and forgivable."

"I suppose just because you saved my life you think that means I'm supposed to take that into account in all our future arguments?"

"You're a girl, I never expected anything so reasonable as that." Harry attempted a roguish grin.

Ginny reached for her wand, which was not currently in her possession, but Harry flinched nevertheless.

"I don't have my wand and I am alive because of you, so I shall forgive you this time and maybe even the whole rest of today, but tomorrow is a new day and if you expect sexist comments like that to go unpunished then you'll need to save my life again."

"That's fair." Harry's manner softened. "Although I think I'd prefer to leave off the sexist comments and just have you stay safe."

"Well, thank you. I think this year has been quite exciting enough too, actually."

"Speaking of excitement, back to the, um, other matter…"

Ginny began to blush again. For a moment they had just been bantering, instead of thinking, and she'd forgotten to be embarrassed. But Harry Potter, in his own hopeless way, was asking to kiss her. Again. Because she's already kissed Harry Potter once today.

Harry's voice grew serious. "Ginny, I don't want you to do anything you don't want to. And you don't owe me anything, honestly. I know I'm being selfish. But, well, I sorta thought you might fancy me a bit, at least enough to have a second go at what is a pretty important milestone in a person's life…"

"Harry Potter, you are the most infuriating hero I have ever met!"

Ginny leaned over and kissed Harry.

It was certainly better without being covered in sweat and blood. This time, mortal terror didn't intrude on the moment - only the regular terror that accompanies a first, or even second, kiss. The only thing to fear was possibly being discovered by Madam Pomfrey.

Ginny pulled her face back and Harry squeezed her hand. He had a rather dopey smile on his face.

"Ginny, that was brilliant. It was… um, never mind."

"What? What were you going to say?"

"I was going to make a joke, which is what I do when I'm happy, Ginny, and I'm happy right now, here with you, but I think I reached my quota of daftedness for the day, so I'm not going to say every stupid thing I think of and ruin the moment."

"Well now I want to know what the joke was."

"Well, it wasn't funny and I don't want you to think I'm making light of the situation because I'm not. I like you, Ginny. I want us to be friends, good friends."

"All right, we're friends, and friends can tell each other jokes, so what was it? Because if you don't tell me what it was, I'll just imagine something awful, like you were thinking about calling me fat or something else probably worse than whatever it actually was, and anyway now you're already in trouble no matter what…"

"Okay, what I was going to say, but I didn't say this, remember, was that kissing you was so brilliant that it was worth bribing Malfoy to slip you that diary. But that was a stupid thing to joke about because that was a horrible thing that happened to you and I'm sorry it happened and I'm sorry I thought to even joke about it because I'm a git but I was just in a good mood and sometimes saying stupid stuff about bad events is my way of dealing with it…"

"Yeah, next time you're better off with a fat joke. I think it's going to be a while before I want to hear jokes about Malfoy. Like maybe decades."

"I'm sorry, honestly, but you know I'm just stupid, right, and not uncaring?"

"Yes, you've got an earnest face even if you've got an empty head. You're on thin ice, Potter."

"Maybe, ah, maybe we'd better head to the Feast now, after all?"

"Might as well, you've gone and ruined the moment-"

"Ginny! I'm sorry!"

"Oh, relax Harry, I'm just winding you up. The moment isn't ruined but it is over and honestly that's okay because this day has been an emotional roller coaster, and I think after this nice restful conversation in the hospital wing, that a boisterous feast in the great hall might be just what I need to decompress."

Harry smiled and sat up.

"All right, pop back to your own bed and we'll tell Madam Pomfrey we're ready to be discharged."

"Wait, Harry, there is one thing you can do for me."

"What?"

"You can be the one to explain to Ron that he'd better not ever tell me to leave again if I try to hang out with you lot. Because after the way you acted with me tonight, I feel like I have a pass to join you whenever I feel like it."

________________________________ ________


Ron didn't say anything to discourage Ginny joining him, Harry, and Hermione at the Feast, as it happens. But that night before bed Harry did talk to him.

"Well, Ron, this was certainly a full day. I hope tomorrow is not more than half as exciting."

"You said it, mate. At least no more Defence Against the Dark Arts classes for one thing."

"Yeah. One thing, though, Ron…"

"What?"

"After this whole thing with Ginny, well, I got to talking to her, and well, you know part of what got her into trouble this term was not having a lot of close friends to talk to. So me and Ginny are friends now, and I told her she can come hang out with us when she wants to."

"Aw, what'd you do that for? I don't need my sister hanging about me every minute!"

"It won't be all the time Ron, but look, she's had a rough time, so for at least a few days just don't say anything, all right? If it gets to be too bad, let me know, but at least for now just keep it shut, don't say anything mean, all right?"

"Yeah, all right, but if she starts to annoy us, we'll have to figure something out."

"Don't worry."

_____________________________ ___________


After a couple of days, wherein Ginny had indeed begun spending a fair amount of time with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, Harry approached Ron again.

"All right, Ron?"

"Yeah, mate, what's up?"

"I was just wondering Ron… do you fancy Hermione?"

"What?!" Ron sputtered, turning red.

"Hermione… do you fancy her?"

"Where did you get a barmy idea like that in your head?" Ron shouted. "What are you playing at?"

"Look, don't get embarrassed, I'm not having a go at you. If you fancy Hermione that's fine, I just wanted to know."

"No, I don't fancy Hermione!"

"So you're just friends then?"

"Of course we're just friends!"

"Because she's a girl, you know. And you're a boy, and if you start as friends and it grows into more, that's perfectly natural…"

"Are you mental, Harry?!"

"All right, all right. I'm just checking. So you wouldn't mind if someone else fancied her, then?"

"Of course not!"

"So if someone else fancied Hermione, and wanted to spend time with her, and study with her, and ask her to Hogsmeade, you'd be totally fine with that?" Harry asked.

"Harry, if you're telling me that YOU" Ron began.

"Not me, Ron!" Harry laughed. "I'm not talking about me, trust me. I'm not talking about anyone in particular. Just picture it, that's all. Seamus, or Dean, asking out Hermione."

Ron clenched his fists and stared at Harry.

"Ron, you know I don't have any family, any real family. But you're my best mate. And Hermione is like a sister to me. I don't know what having a sister is really like. But that's how I feel about Hermione. She's smart, and she's pretty, but I'm telling you now that you will never have to worry about me fancying her or her fancying me because we would drive each other spare. I don't think of her like that and I really don't think she thinks of me like that either."

"So what are you saying?" Ron asked.

"We're young, so it's not like we're supposed to be pairing up already or dating or whatever. But it's going to happen eventually and I'd rather see Hermione with someone I respect, someone who I already know would risk his life to save her, like you've already done on more than one occasion. Anyone else I'd have to wait and find that out. You I can trust. If you don't fancy Hermione, that's fine. But if you did, I want you to know, I'd support you. I'd have your back. I won't claim to know how to woo a woman but I'd help you in any way I could."

"All right Harry, it's a weird thing to drop on me all of a sudden, but good to know, I guess. If I ever get mad enough to make a try like that, I'll be sure and come to you for help."

"No worries, Ron."

"It's all a little suspicious though. Are you sure you aren't thinking about her for yourself?"

"I'm sure, Ron, in fact I can guarantee you that I don't fancy Hermione."

"How?"

"Because I fancy Ginny."

"What?!"

"Ron, calm down and listen. So what if I fancy Ginny? We're still kids, nothing is going to come of it yet, so relax. But if it does, this is a win for you! First of all everything I said about Hermione goes for Ginny too, who would you rather see her with? You already know I'd die for her Ron because I nearly did."

Ron just stared at Harry, one too many bombshells dropped on his brain for an evening.

"And besides, you don't really want your sister hanging around you all the time anyway, right? But instead of telling her to get lost, I'll just talk to her, while you talk to Hermione. This is a win-win situation, Ron. We're all four friends, but we can split off into two groups, boys and girls, or else me and Ginny and you and Hermione. Even if it's me and Hermione studying or something and you want to hang out with Ginny that's cool too because who else will you trust around Hermione when you're not around? Don't you see, Ron? It's perfect!"

"Harry, did you hit your head down in the chamber and Madam Pomfrey just missed it?"

"By the way, Ron, if you want to get into Hermione's good graces, I'd suggest you start faking a little enthusiasm for studying. You know she values knowledge. Well, be a little less whingy about assignments and you'll see her face just light up, I reckon."

"Don't change the subject, Harry, wait, what?"

"Oh yes, she's never happier than when she gets to explain coursework, but instead of just using it to help you with your work, actually act interested and see the change."

"Okay, but that's beside the point, what are you playing at with my sister?"

"I just fancy her, that's all. After the chamber we got to talking and we had a lot of fun, she's pretty, I just, okay I don't really want to talk to you about it if we're being honest, but you must know my intentions are entirely honorable. You know me, Ron."

"I thought I did, but this conversation is way too, what do you call it, Macchiato-"

"Machiavellian?"

"Yeah , that."

"I can see how it'd seem that way, but honestly Ron…"

"Okay, okay, let me sleep on it and I'll see if in the morning I feel like punching you."

"What more could a friend ask?"

_______________________________ _________


"Great news, Ginny!"

"All right, Harry?"

"I talked to Ron and it's all sorted. You'll have noticed that he hasn't said a single thing about you spending time with the three of us lately, right?"

"Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, though. I can see his face scrunching up when I come sit with you."

"Nope, I had a nice chat with him, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to say a word."

"How did you manage that?"

"Boys have their own style of communication you know."

"Grunting and pointing?"

"Oi, if you want to make sexist remarks, you'll have to save my life."

______________________________ __________


"Uh, Ginny, now's not the greatest time, we're going over our coursework," Ron said.

"You mean Hermione's going over it and you're pretending you understand what she's talking about."

"Ginny, I take my education seriously, and Hermione is a good enough friend to lend me her expertise. That's not something you should tease me about," Ron said loftily, while Ginny stared at him as though he'd sprouted another head.

"Thank you, Ronald!" Hermione said brightly. "Ginny, we really do have to revise right now, though…"

"Actually," said Harry, "I think I've got a handle on the material. Ginny, I'll go with you. Ron, good on you looking out for your future, mate. When I grow up I want to be like you."

"Right, Harry, but don't use all of your free time unwisely," Ron said while staring Harry in the eyes. "It'd be downright dangerous to for your marks to suffer because you weren't growing up properly first, with regards to your education, I mean."

Harry and Ginny left Ron and Hermione in the library. "What is going on with Ron?" Ginny asked.

"Maybe he's maturing."

__________________________ ______________


"I can't believe we're leaving Hogwarts tomorrow," said Ginny.

"Yeah. Now for weeks of utter hell. I wish I could stay here over the Summer."

"I wish I could too."

"Why? You've got a family to go home to."

"Because if you were here, I'd want to stay and keep you company."

"It's been nice lately, spending time with you. I wish I'd been clever enough to get to know you at the beginning of the term."

"I made that kind of hard by leaving the room whenever you entered."

"You were just devoted to your job."

"What job?"

"Seeking out every room with a butter dish in it to make the perfect elbow imprint. This one's done, tick mark, now on to the next room-"

"I will strangle you Potter-"

"If you cut off my air I still won't turn as red as you used to-"

"That red color comes from blood and you've got mine boiling now, watch out or yours will be spilling-"

"Fawkes will just come and heal me with his tears again-"

"Not if I tell him what you're really like!"

"Hey, you promised you wouldn't let anyone know what I'm really like!"

Ginny paused. "I don't remember promising that. But I suppose I rather like being the only one that knows what you're really like. I won't spoil that by blabbing to others."

"I'm going to miss you so much this summer, and not just because of the company at Privet Drive."

"I'll write you, of course, but you start, because Hedwig can be our go between, Errol will pluck all his feathers out from stress if I ask him to fly to your house daily."

"Daily? You're going to write me every day?"

"Will there be any days you won't want a letter from me?"

"That'll be the only highlight of any of my days."

"Then daily it is. They won't be novels, or even limericks-"

"What about Valentine's Day poems?"

"What about death threats? But I can at least say hello every day and remind you there's people that care about you."

"People? What people?"

"Me, and -"

"I'm glad you're first on the list," said Harry as Ginny felt her face flushing.

"-Ron, and my parents, and Fred and George, and Hermione. Neville, I suppose, but do boys write each other much? Ron thinks two letters over the hols is generous."

"I guess I'll have to reply every letter in order to get another one the next day."

"I mean keep it light, I don't need an account of all the beatings."

"The 'flog log'? You don't want a copy?"

"Wait, they don't actually-"

"I mean they might as well-"

"Well let's try to stay a bit positive, Harry. We'll write. I'll ask mum to let you come stay with us, of course, but that's up to her-"

"And Dumbledore, probably-"

"Well, quite. Anyway, they've got to let you come by your birthday. Oh, I'll have to get you a present. Oh my. I will need to give that some thought."

"You know the first birthday present I ever got was a cake Hagrid brought me?"

"Well, the world owes you, Harry, and I'll work extra hard to balance the books. You'll have a lovely birthday at the Burrow."

"If you're there, Gin, then it'll be my happiest birthday ever."

They both awkwardly looked away for a bit.

"Harry."

"Hmm?"

"Should we, um, have an awkward conversation now? Or leave it for writing about? Or just pretend we don't have to have one?"

"Definitely the pretending thing."

"Okay, Harry."

"No, not okay. All right. Since you're going to be all Gryffindor on me and make a full frontal assault, I'm game. I fancy you. Obviously. I mean you know that, because you're not a fool. You're clever, you're pretty, you're funny, you're perfect."

"I fancy you too, Harry."

"Well, I mean," - and Harry gestured to himself - "you've also got terrific eyesight." Ginny rolled her eyes as Harry continued, "Yeah, I figured out your fancied me back in the hospital wing. I'm not the best student but even I worked it out when, well."

"Well then why is this so awkward, Harry? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just twelve, that's all."

"So?"

"So what? I'm twelve, and you're eleven, and we're kids. We're kids that have fought bloody Voldemort, but we're still kids. I've only known what it was like to have friends this year and last year, and I've never known what it's like to talk to a girl I fancied, until quite recently."

"You've been doing fairly well at that, actually."

"Well - thanks. But I don't know what to do next and I think we're too young to be doing anything next, apart from what we're already doing. Talking. Getting to know each other. Flying together, playing games. I - I just want to keep doing that."

"Well, that's fine, Harry! Why are you so worked up about it then?"

"I don't know! That's the point, I don't know what I'm doing. Give me a dark wizard to fight and I won't know what I'm doing there either but it's never stopped me before, but this interpersonal stuff is scary."

"Good thing for me you're as brave as you are then, Harry."

"Yes, well, I'm talking about it, aren't I? So where does that leave us? I fancy you, you fancy me, but I'm off to the bloody Dursleys tomorrow, so we'll write, and then I'll come visit if I can and we'll just see how it goes. Being friends."

"More than friends, Harry."

"But friends first. More than friends - after. There's at least no one else I am going to want to be more than friends with."

"How about Hermione? Have you ever thought about being more than friends with her?"

"Oh, hadn't I told you? I'm going to try and get her and Ron together."

"You what?"

"Oh yes, your brother and Hermione. I told Ron, that I obviously don't really know what it's like to have a sister, but I imagine it's like how I feel about Hermione. I love her, you know, but not in a more-than-friends way. I think she and Ron could work out though, if they can both calm down about a few things."

"You're expecting my brother to calm down?"

"Didn't he seem sorta calm last time they were revising together?"

"Was that your influence?"

"I didn't cast a spell on him or anything, I just had some advice."

"How do you have any advice if you're as hopeless as you say you are then?"

"Well it must all be a clever ruse because I've got you ready to be more than friends with me, so I must be doing something right."

"More like willing to be more than friends - but not actually ready either."

"Oh?"

"I think I found your point of view compelling. I don't think there's going to be anyone else I will want to be more than friends with either."

"You don't think?"

"Jealous, Potter, already? I'll wait for you, until we're both old enough, but you'll need to keep me interested the whole time, lest some other Gryffindor catch my eye… maybe even a Hufflepuff…"

"I caught the eyes of a basilisk for you, shouldn't that mean I get to have a monopoly on your eyes as well?"

"Fawkes did the basilisk eyes, you cheater, while you were running-"

"It was a team effort!"

"Well, I'm not going to be in a relationship with you and Fawkes-"

"That's good, because I'd get jealous of his plumage-"

"I'm jealous that he can set himself on fire and escape conversations like this-"

______________________________ __________

Author's notes: My wife has been watching the Harry Potter movies on repeat lately. But by coincidence, every time I actually look up at the TV, it's the same scene of Harry and Ginny in the Chamber of Secrets. It made me think of a writing prompt: "What if Harry Potter liked Ginny that early?" Because I had major crushes on girls when I was eight years old. I have no memories of either thinking girls were icky or not noticing them. So it has always been a little hard to identify with Harry.

I wrote a very short treatment of my own writing prompt and showed it to my wife. As it happens, she is also an incredibly sarcastic redhead, and therefore Harry and Ginny's banter sounds very normal and mundane to her, because that is how we communicate all of the time.

But I was entertaining myself and so I expanded it into a still quite short piece of writing, but still longer than any fiction I've ever written before.

This fic is mostly dialogue, and it takes for granted that readers are pretty familiar with the 7 Harry Potter novels, because very little space is given to explaining the timeline and events. That's by design. It might be a terrible idea, it's practically the opposite of "show, don't tell" but that's what I went with.

It's mostly Harry and Ginny. It attempts to be canon compliant, except for the initial departure. There is no adult content, but a very few subtle innuendos. This is very much a fix fic.
Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear