Search:

SIYE Time:12:45 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Exiles
By _kb_

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 21
Summary: After Harry wins the war, life quickly returns to as it was and not in a good way. A bit of a twist on things going downhill and what Harry and friends have to do to survive ... in a different way with a few OC's along the way.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5164; Chapter Total: 616





Author's Notes:
(A/N: Time for the big wrap up. Yes, there will be time skips over only normal everyday life.)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The next morning Harry was awakened by the rising sun since he’d forgotten to close their curtains. Well, he was awake anyway since they’d gone to bed somewhat early. Trying not to wake Ginny, he rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom.

When he returned, it was to see a topless Ginny sitting up in bed and looking around sleepily. It was a sight he enjoyed. It was made even better by her smiling at him and then getting up to walk over to him fully naked, as he was. She kissed him and went into the bathroom.

She was really amazing he thought as he got dressed. They’d been intimate for only about a week and it had to be one of the best weeks of his short life. He hoped to continue on to Fiji later today and work out how to get married sometime in the next few days.

Ginny came out and headed to her dresser.

“I thought we could go take a quick flight and look at the island, especially the atoll to see about leaving,” he told her as he picked out his socks.

She started putting on shorts and a t-shirt, with nothing underneath, making him look at her. “It’ll be just the two of us,” she told him as she grabbed socks and her shoes. A few minutes later with a broom in hand, each walked outside and took to the air.

The first thing he noticed was how green the island was, which was nice as many small islands weren’t much more than rock, coral, and/or sand with a few pieces of greenery that lived on whatever rain that found them. This place had done better.

Harry saw why the waves hadn’t bothered them much because the atoll ring was fairly tall as far as atolls went. The water in the lagoon was reasonably clear though a little hard to see the bottom as the sand was a light gray … the same color as the rock walls ahead. He also thought that with care he could turn the boat around, although it might be better to try and back out -- a decision for later.

“This looks nice,” Ginny said as she went into formation by flying next to him. “I’ve liked the whiter sand on other islands, but as long as it’s not prickly to walk on then I suppose that color will do too. Let’s fly to the upper level.”

He agreed and they angled up. The rock wall was about ten meters or so taller than their boat, which made it fairly tall for an island. On the upper level, they saw a fairly large pond or a small lake that looked full, probably from all of the rain last night. There was some green vegetation up here too, but mostly small stuff like ferns, whereas below it has been a number of palm trees with ferns under them.

Going around some more, the backside showed to be a very steep angled rock face going straight down into the water, so the only place with a beach for humans was inside the atoll where their boat was. There was definitely no humans living here, just some birds. It was a small island that was close to circular (if you counted the atoll) and probably about a square kilometer in size, so there was no reason for people to live here.

They had almost circled around back to their boat when Ginny exclaimed “Look!” and angled down to the edge of the rock wall. They found small spot where the water from the upper lake escaped over the edge in a small waterfall to go down to another ledge about halfway down before it fell again. Following her, they landed at the very bottom by a small pool that was fed by the second waterfall off the ledge in to a small pool which drained into the lagoon.

Ginny dropped her broom and stood at the edge of the pool and looked up about fifteen meters to the ledge in the middle of the wall. She held her hand out and laughed as she splashed herself a little, getting part of her t-shirt wet. Turning to look at her fiancée, she asked, “What?” at his dumbfounded look.

He dropped his broom and came over to her, grabbed her around the waist and kissed her hard. As they parted, each breathing heavily, he said, “I just had a fantasy about you standing under that waterfall, naked and glistening, preferably in the full moonlight.”

Her eyes widened. “Me?” she all but squeaked.

He kissed her again as his hand touched her bare side and started to move up slowly.

She moaned in pleasure at his touch. “We will have to come back and fulfill that idea, but later.” She looked into his eyes deeply before he felt a squished through a tube and they fell to land on their bed and clothes started to come off.

After an energetic time, they managed to leave each other alone long enough to get up and get dressed again, although in different clothes. They had trouble not grinning at each other. Ginny put on undergarments this time and wanted to brush her hair, so with a couple of extra minutes, Harry Apparated back to the waterfall and retrieved their brooms.

They were hungry now and went for breakfast to find only Neville there and it looked like he’d just sat down. A glance at the clock showed this was about the time people normally came to breakfast. The couple dished food that Winky made and joined their friend.

“Been up long?” Harry asked, also noticing that Ginny frowned for a moment before she shrugged off whatever it was and started eating, her expression normal again.

“No, I arrived just before you did. I did look out the window at the island though,” Neville told them. “I think we should explore it while we’re here.”

Harry and Ginny looked at each other and smiled, each thinking they were lucky they hadn’t been seen earlier at the waterfall. “We were thinking the same thing,” Harry said. “I think we should get our brooms and fly around and to see what we find.” Ginny nodded as if it was a something to do and wasn’t something they hadn’t just done.

“Not sure about that flying part,” Neville said hesitantly, obviously remembering his flying class in first year.

“You’re going to have a hard time getting up that rock wall, or so I’d think, if you didn’t fly,” Ginny commented. “It has to be at least thirty meters tall from what I saw looking out the window.”

“You can do it,” Harry told him confidently. “Fly as slow as you want and remember you have a good broom now, not like those old ones the school had. That wasn’t your fault in first year, mate.”

“Maybe,” Neville said, still without confidence.

As the others came out, the idea was presented again and most were in favor except for Hermione and for the same reason as Neville. The other exception was Mia.

“Wait,” Mia said looking around in confusion. “That wooden broom in Lee’s closet isn’t just some prank item but you fly on them?”

Everyone, including Luna, smiled at her, but it was George who said, “Yes, it’s a lot of fun too. Hmm, I wonder if she can fly on one by herself or if she’ll have to sit behind Lee?”

“I didn’t get one for her because she wasn’t part of the group back then,” Harry commented, “but we can see if she can and if so I’ll get her one next time we find a place that sells them.”

As they’d finished breakfast, everyone hurried for their room. Harry and Ginny were the first up in the air as he’d told Ginny to wait while he Apparated to their room and returned with both brooms.

They shot up at a steep angle and then leveled off and flew slowly side by side. “It is peaceful here,” Ginny commented.

“I was thinking that with a few small changes we could live here,” Harry returned. “We could live on the boat but do whatever we wanted on the island; I just don’t know what that would be.”

“A beach and lagoon for swimming,” Ginny started. “You could put chickens and goats up top. With a little fencing you could put a garden up there too. I’ve learned to like fish over the past couple of months. The boat can give us all the water we need as long as we keep up maintenance on it.”

The others started coming out.

“It’s a fun idea but what would we do? You can only read so much “ no matter what Hermione says,” he joked with a grin and Ginny laughed.

Mia rode behind Lee and was in awe of flying, especially while he took it slow like Neville and Hermione were doing. They noticed Ron come down and fly near Hermione to try to give her some tips. To their surprise, Luna was sporting a pony tail like Ginny and she was flying near Neville.

“What do you think?” Harry pointed at Neville and Luna.

“It’s possible,” Ginny speculated. “He’s the gentle type and won’t make fun of her.”

They saw several land near the lake so they went to join the small group. Bill was casting spells at the water while Ron and Hermione were looking around.

“What do you think?” Harry asked.

“The sulfur content is a little higher than I’d like, but it’s not high enough to hurt you if the smell doesn’t bother you. It’s also cold, so no danger from the temperature.” Bill looked around. “It would be a nice place to live in many ways.”

“Yeah, Ginny and I were just talking about that,” Harry told him. “My only concern is what to do to keep busy because we could survive here pretty easily with a few animals and a garden up here and then living on the boat.”

“True, especially since it doesn’t get cold,” Bill nodded as he continued to look around, including looking at his wife who was checking out a plant.

“This is a weird rock,” Ron said from not too far behind them. “It’s like the dirt doesn’t want to stick to it. This sort of smoky and slightly yellow color is pretty interesting though.”

Those near walked over to see the rock Ron was holding. It was size of a small chicken egg and a bit lop-sided.

“Can I?” Bill held out his hand and Ron dropped the rock in to it. Bill cast a few spells at it before he nodded and handed it back to Ron. “Take care of that. It’s worth at least a 50,000 Galleons, maybe more.”

Ron got out a strangled, “Wha’?” The others looked at Bill too.

The oldest Weasley laughed and smiled. “It’s a raw diamond. Not top quality, but its size helps a lot. To really know what it’s worth, you’d have to try to sell it; probably after it’s cut into a main stone then others from the remains. It’s something you can learn. I’ve watched Goblins do it on bigger rocks than that. Given our status, probably best to sell it in the Muggle world.”

“I wonder if there’s more,” Ron said in awe and pulled out his wand. He pointed away from everyone and said, “Accio diamonds”.

Harry saw them coming and tackled Ginny, twisting so he was on the bottom and Ginny landed on him. Bill managed to dive to the side also. Ron turned and stood in front of Hermione to cover her and was pelted with a dozen rocks, most the size of the end of his thumb. Ron cried out and picked up a few light bruises.

Hermione glared at him for a moment. “Not a good idea.” She softened before adding, “But thank you for the protection.”

“Thanks,” Ginny told her fiancée before she asked with concern. “You all right?”

Harry took a few deep breaths. “I think so; just got the wind knocked out of me.”

“Thanks again.” Ginny kissed him slowly but not passionately, then she got up and helped to pull him up.

Harry stepped over and reached down to pick up a raw diamond while the others were making sure everyone was all right. This one was smaller than the first but was white smoky.

“One of the better quality ones, I think,” Bill said as he looked at what Harry had.

Harry looked at him then at Ginny then back to Bill. “Is mining diamonds hard work? When you have magic to help you, I mean?”

“That would give us something to do and earn a living,” Ginny commented.

“Yes it would and it wouldn’t be hard to do with magic,” Bill said thoughtfully, “but you should buy the island before you even mention them to anyone else, assuming you can find out who owns it.”

“I think we may have just found a place to live,” Harry said with a grin. “We can still sail around, but we can make some money this way.”

They called everyone over and showed the raw diamonds and explained the plan. The vote to do it was unanimously yes.

” ” ”

They took all of the diamonds they could find lying on the ground and put them on the boat. It was a surprise to everyone that they almost filled a small bucket once everyone had started to summon diamonds, being careful to make it a low powered spell to get only a few at a time they could catch or else pickup.

Harry blasted the opening in the atoll ring so it was five meters wider than before and then very carefully, with Ginny and Ron on brooms again to watch as he went through, backing out of the protected lagoon. With everyone onboard, they headed for Fiji and a little over an hour later in calm waters they entered the harbor area for boats like theirs.

It only took a few questions of people they encountered to make it to the government building. They decided that only Harry and Bill would go in; the rest found a café and ordered drinks.

With the GPS coordinates, it wasn’t too hard to find the island on a map. The man they spoke to was very pleasant but not very helpful. Harry wondered if they should have brought Fleur with them as perhaps he’d be more helpful with a hint of her allure, but he also considered that cheating.

Eventually, the clerk admitted, “That little dot of an island is owned by the government, as it owns all unclaimed islands in the region.”

“So how do we buy it?” Harry asked again. The man again looked at him skeptically. It was Bill who figured out what the problem was.

“He wants to buy it for his father and my uncle as a birthday present,” Bill said. “We have the money if it’s not too expensive.”

The man nodded and looked into a book on his desk. “What will you be paying in?”

“I can do British Pounds or French Francs,” Harry answered in a bored tone, trying to make it seem like he did this all of the time.

The man then tapped on the keys of a calculator. “Ah, let’s call it an even million British Pounds and it’s yours in about three months. The paperwork is difficult.” He looked like he expected them to leave.

Bill leaned forward and in a quieter voice said, “How about 950 plus 50 more for you to expedite it so it’s done in a week?”

The man blinked and wet his lips slightly. “Can you make the admin fee be in cash?”

“Do you have the information for whom that wire transfer should be sent to?” Harry asked before he waved vaguely at Bill. “He’ll bring his lunchbox with the admin fee with him to pick up the papers.”

Harry filled out one form with his banking information while Bill picked up a paper to look at before he set it back down with a stack of a thousand Pounds under it which made the clerk smile. Harry was sure he’d hear from Jean as this would put another large dent in his bank account since it hadn’t fully built back up. At least after this large purchase he’d start to put money back in … besides what Andromeda was still giving to him, although that had slowed down as most of the outstanding loans had been taken care of.

As they headed for the café to join the others, Harry looked at Bill. “Why did you say it was for my father and how did you know to offer him an admin fee to get it done faster?”

Bill slapped him on the back and grinned. “Experience in Egypt. It doesn’t always work and I was very prepared to Obliviate him of the offer if he started to protest, but it’s not uncommon to have to bribe officials to make the system work as it should -- sadly. As for the story, I finally realized he wasn’t taking you seriously because of your age. Now we just need to go find the Isle of Magic and get you married off.”

Harry nor Ginny noticed as they was busy in conversation about the wedding, but Bill borrowed Hermione’s phone and stepped outside, returning a few minutes later with a big smile on his face.




The next day, they sailed for about two hours in the direction Jean had told him and Harry called Jean while they sailed. Jean did give him an earful about what he was doing to his bank account. When Harry told him he’d purchased the island for the diamonds and any other precious stones, Jean was quiet for a long moment before he started to laugh. “I do not know how you do things like this, but it will be good to see money come into your account.”

They did find the island where most of the magicals in the area lived without too much trouble. After a group meeting about who was doing what, Ginny and the girls went to go shopping for a dress and get the flowers while the Boys took care of the rest. Again Bill went to the government office and arranged for an official to marry his sister and Harry the next day.

Since Ginny wanted stay in a hut on the water and the two islands weren’t that far apart and there was no phone service on the magical island, Harry did what most of the residents here did and Apparated back to Fiji to reserve a room for the week. The boat would be left here so the others could do what they wanted on the magical island while having a free place to stay at night.

” ” ”

The next day, everyone got a surprise at breakfast when Bill came into the dining room with a visitor. Wands started to come out until Ginny screamed, “Charlie!” and ran over and wrapped him in a hug. “How did you get here?”

“Someone thought all of the family should be together for this and I had to agree,” Charlie replied with a look at his older brother. “It was a Portkey to Greece, supposedly for some sightseeing, then a disconcerting ride in an airplane. I’ve been up almost all night but I think this is worth it.”

“Aren’t you tired?” George asked as he gave his brother a hug. Ron followed.

“Yeah, but I have a Pepperup potion to keep me going until the newlyweds leave,” he told them with a chuckle. “I’ll sleep a day after that, spend a couple of days with the rest of you, then head back.”

“Are you safe?” Ginny asked with concern. “You know...”

Charlie gave her another hug. “I was asked a few question by the Romanian Aurors where I denied having been in England recently. I’m sure the answers were sent back to Britain, but I haven’t been bothered since. When I leave here, Bill will Obliviate the name of the island from my memory.”

The dragon handler spend as much time as he could with Harry and Ginny and he was happy for them. Late that afternoon, the couple was married on the beach with everyone else in a semi-circle around the couple, just as Ginny had wanted. After a fun dinner in a private room at a restaurant, the newlyweds bid Charlie a good-bye before Harry Apparated Ginny to Fiji for their honeymoon for a week.




Harry had barely sat down for breakfast their first day back after their honeymoon when Ginny “ instead of Winky “ brought out breakfast. “Thanks,” he told her, “this is a change.” He took a bite. “A bit different than usual, but good.”

Ginny smiled. “Thanks, I tried. I’ll get better.”

“You cooked this?” He was surprised.

She nodded. “The morning we found the island it occurred to me that I really needed to make sure I knew how to cook for my husband. I know Winky will do most of the cooking, but I felt like I needed to know this. I guess I got that desire from my mum.”

Harry put an arm around her waist as she stood next to him. “I’m sure you’ll do fine and will be as good as your mum was soon. Grab a plate and join me.”

Ginny smiled at him and kissed on the top of his head before saying, “Back in a minute. Start thinking about what you want to do for Hermione’s birthday later in the week.”




As Harry walked up the gangplank to the boat, he was glad they’d deepened the lagoon to be able to pull the boat up to near the rock ledge. In fact they’d made the little island a nice place to stay in the last six months. It was a pretty stress free life.

To make it more fun, he thought they now had a group game as he dropped into a deck chair and Winky popped in with bottles of cold beer and cold juices. Ginny took the chair next to him with a large grin also.

Ron dropped into his chair with a sullen look. “That was not the children’s game I grew up playing.”

“We didn’t have wands and we had not gone to Hogwarts either,” Ginny retorted. “You’re just upset you were the first found.”

Mia landed her small flying carpet nearby, having been the observer and something of a judge for the game of Hide and Seek. She had heard that last exchange. “Ron, your biggest problem is that you stayed in the same place the whole time.”

“What about Bill?” Ron asked and pointed at his brother who was walking up.

“I used a lot of magic to make my hiding spot hard to find,” Bill explained. “I was second only because I was lucky. If we ever play that again I’ll have to change my strategy.”

“I’d like to play again another day,” Ginny said, “but I think we should make it a rule you can’t stay in one place for more than ten minutes, although five might be better.”

While Luna joined them in her usual serene manner, there was a slightly pleased looked on her face. She was also sporting her radish earrings again, which most of them took as a good sign.

Harry and Ginny, both individually and together, had talked with Luna a lot over the months. Each of them now considered Luna a sister.

Hermione trudged up looking very tired, as did the rest of the group, but Hermione also went around and checked to make sure everyone was all right, healing a few scratches and bruises. She’d become the healer of the group, mostly from reading books, but also from taking a few lessons from a healer on the Isle of Magic when they went there.

“You know,” Harry said slowly, thinking out loud, “we could spice it up a bit and allow some battles with low-level spells so you’re not really out if you’re only found. Besides adding a new dimension to the game, it’d help to keep our skills sharp.”

“Can we use more than our wand?” George asked with a grin.

Lee looked at his friend. “I thought you sold all of your extra joke products.”

George gave a ’meh’ look. “I can make more.”

“Well, I had fun and would like to do it again,” Harry said.

“Because you won,” Ron groused.

“This time, but Ginny almost got me as did Bill,” Harry replied to try to keep the peace. “It was also good to use magic like that again. We could even do teams sometimes.”

The rules changed a little over time, but Magical Hide and Seek (with optional battles) became a favorite group activity. A close second was a modified Magical Capture the Flag (without Apparating).




Harry was glad they’d widened the beach because that’s where they were now and they needed every inch of the narrow strip of sand. He was checking the ritual circle yet again, as was Bill and Hermione. Luna was guiding everyone to their place with Mia in the middle.

Harry was standing back as he wasn’t to participate in this as he didn’t want to hurt Mia. In the Black family book of magic he’d found a ritual to increase the magic of a person who definitely had some but only a little. He surmised this was the basis of Umbridge’s complaint about Muggle-born stealing the magic of Purebloods … except that’s not what this ritual really did.

After a lot of study years ago, it had been determined that the ritual increased the flow of magic in the person. The increase was the average of the group that powered it … or so they believed. Harry had brought it up as he wanted to help the girl, but he was also a little fearful there was something they didn’t understand and would hurt her too.

However, after lots of discussion and research by Bill, Fleur, and Luna, Mia had said she wanted this as she wanted to experience magic more than she did, which was a Lighting spell, a low powered Levitation, and a handful of other first year spells. She could almost fly a broom, but the broom would only hover. She could use the small flying carpet they’d found and purchased for her, but she couldn’t make it go very fast. She was unable to control the larger flying carpet at all.

They might have waited to do this, but Bill and Fleur were heading back to France in a couple of days. The couple had decided, after a discussion with Jean, that it was safe enough for them to return to France since they hadn’t been one of the ones to escape Azkaban.

When everyone was in place, Harry launched himself to fly around and not even be touching the ground, just in case that mattered. Luna started the ritual.

As predicted, about a minute later a small glow left everyone else in the ritual circle and hit Mia, causing her to glow for a few seconds before she fell to the sand. Luna and Hermione were the first to her, closely followed by Lee, Ginny, and Bill.

Harry landed and waited nearby with the others. All were silent and hoped they hadn’t just done something terrible. Whether this worked or not, they’d not be repeating it.

It was Ginny who stood first.

“Well?” Harry asked.

“She’s breathing normally and doesn’t seem to be in any danger. Hermione says she doesn’t show as magically exhausted, so I don’t think we hurt her.” Ginny sighed. “I guess we’ll have to wait until she wakes up to see if it helped her.”

” ” ”

While Bill and Fleur could have Apparated back to Fiji and flown home from there, Mia said they needed a few parts for the boat, so Harry decided they’d sail the week or so it would take reach Auckland and they’d sail direct as the weather report looked good for the entire time “ although they’d check that every day. That would give them a little more time with Bill and Fleur plus a visit to Mia’s family for her to introduce Lee and the concept of magic to her family.

Bill and Fleur would also be taking all of the diamonds they’d found with them to be sold a little at a time. Magic hid their cargo so they felt safe doing that. The group had proposed to give Harry the first five million Francs for buying the boat and the island. Harry only agreed to that if the rest of the money was split evenly amongst the group as all had worked on the mining. There was agreement to that.

When they were ready to leave on their voyage, they let Mia try a broom again. For the first time she could fly one by herself, which made her very happy. She could levitate heavier objects than before, but not as much as Lee could; still, she was happy with the change and thanked them all profusely. Mia would never be able to do than more third year spells, but she accepted that as it was better than what she’d had.




Six months after Bill and Fleur had left, during one of their formal dinners Ron cleared his throat nervously. “Uhh, I’d like to propose a trip to Hawaii.” Everyone else collectively blinked and gave him a surprised look.

“Err, it’s possible, but why?” Harry asked.

Ron fidgeted for a moment. “Last time we went to Fiji, I stopped by a jewelry store and asked about selling a few of our raw diamonds. I got into a discussion with the owner and he said they didn’t really buy any and it wasn’t in our best interest to sell them like that anyway. He said we really needed to learn to cut them ourselves as we’d make more money that way.

“I asked about it and he said there was a place to learn how to do that in Hawaii and it’d take from three to six months. I checked and the islands there, while part of the Muggle US, are separate magically and are not part of the ICW so it should be safe enough. So I’d like to go check it out and see if I can find a place that will teach me. I don’t mind doing the mining, but it’d be good to get the most money we can “ you know?

“Also,” Ron seemed even more nervous now, “Hermione has said she’d like to take more healing classes and Hawaii is a bigger place so there should be a school there.” He looked at her now. “I promise … I swear, if you’ll come and stay with me I’ll be good and do the right thing. You can have your own bedroom and anything else you need; I’ll make any promise you like if you’ll come with me.”

While everyone else held their collective breath and looked between the friends that had been spending a little more time together since their island had been found, Hermione looked at him just as intently as if trying to divine the right thing to do. “Harry has said no one should go off alone and I agree with that,” she said thoughtfully before she looked at Harry. “This, for both of us, seems like something for the good of the group. What do you think about these classes coming out of the group’s fund?”

Harry looked at each of them for a moment and then at Ginny. She grinned at him and nodded. “Since Ron’s and Hermione’s training would help the group, does anyone have any objection to the group paying for this? I mean not only the classes but everything while they’re staying there?”

Since no one objected and most thought it a good idea, Harry said, “Make some calls to find out about your class, who does it, how much, when the next one is, that sort of thing and we can plan a trip to take you there and for the rest of us to tour the islands. I don’t know that we’ll stay the whole time you’ll be there, but at least a couple of weeks would be good and we can also pick up some more food supplies for things we don’t grow here.”

“We should ward the island to discourage others from coming,” Neville spoke up. Everyone agreed with that. There were other preparations to make also, like food for the small herd of animals to eat while they were gone.

” ” ”

Two weeks later they started sailing for Hawaii. Harry figured they’d take about six days; they could have done it a day faster but the class Ron registered for didn’t start for a week after that. Hermione’s classes started a week after Ron’s. Each was excited about doing this.

Much like there was a separate hidden island near Fiji for the magicals, it was the same in Hawaii with their hidden island near the big island of Hawaii. So Harry took them to the big island and they sailed around it and visited the two major cities there. Ron’s class would be in Hilo while Hermione’s would be on the magical island. The magical island was close enough for Ron to Apparate between the islands so the pair could stay in a magical house.

As they were slowly going around the big island, it was just Harry and Ginny on the bridge at the moment. Harry wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close from behind. “Gin, we’ve been married close to two years now. What would you think about starting on our children soon?”

She turned in his arms and teased him. “You mean have our three and a third children?”

“I told you I’d like three or four, I don’t think you get to have something in the middle,” he teased back. “You said you were fine with my answer.”

“I am,” she replied as she checked the radar and found nothing of interest. “I’d say we could practice some more, but if I get off the potion it’s very likely I’ll be pregnant soon if I’m anything like my mum.”

“I’m fine with that,” he replied. “I don’t believe we have to stop once you get pregnant.”

She smiled and giggled. “No, no you don’t. Maybe we should ask Hermione to take a class on delivering babies. I know we’re the only ones married right now, but I think that will happen with Mia and Lee soon. I don’t think Neville and Luna will get married despite the time they spend with each other; they seem to be just enjoying the friendship.”

“I’ve noticed and I think I’d agree … in each of those cases. So no more potion for a while?” he asked.

“My current dose runs out in about a week and I can stop taking them,” she agreed. “You do know what this means though, right?”

“Err, lots of sex?” Harry suggested.

Ginny laughed. “Beside that. It means we’ll have to start talking about baby names. It also means we’ll have to figure out how to arrange rooms. Probably best to divide our sitting area then put space expansions on both parts so we can keep the sitting area and have a bedroom for the children.”

Harry took a deep breath and let it out slowly with a smile. “Children. It’ll probably be crazy and scary and so many other things to be a parent, but I’m looking forward to that.”

“With you...”

“Absolutely, with you!” Harry would have taken her to their cabin to “practice” right then but they were piloting the boat.

” ” ”

Four months later, Ron and Hermione flew back to Fiji and Apparated to the island. They were holding hands and said they were boyfriend and girlfriend again.

Ron and Hermione also found out Ginny had a small baby bump.

That same evening, Lee and Mia announced they were engaged and planned to marry in a month.




They were anchored in the harbor of the Isle of Magic in case they needed emergency help, but Harry and Ginny were in their cabin with Hermione in attendance. Privately, Hermione had told Harry she still wasn’t sure this was a good idea, but it was what Ginny wanted so Hermione had taken an extra class just for this.

Ginny was squeezing his hand, fortunately the one without his wedding ring. Harry did his best with comforting words. “You’re doing well. You’ve got this. You’re almost done.”

Hermione looked up at her patient who was in a very unique chair, leaning backwards at a 45 degree angle. “All right, Ginny, push gently… gently...” Ginny gave a muted scream and Hermione excitedly said, “Got him, relax Ginny!”

Ginny was only panting now and Harry wiped her brow and then kissed her. “I told you that you’d do well, amazing even.” She looked at him and tried to smile but seemed to have a hard time in her exhaustion.

Hermione stood and handed a wrapped bundle of messy baby to Ginny for her to hold. “Just think about your son while I make sure it’s all finished below. What’s his name? You haven’t said.”

“Orion James,” Harry said softly as he gazed upon his son. “It was Sirius’s middle name.” He looked at Ginny. “The next one will have Arthur.”

Ginny touched his face. “Thank you, but not any time soon.”

Harry smiled at her. “I’m in no hurry and I’d like to get to know this one first. You do amazing work.” He leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips before standing straight and looking at his son again.




Harry was walking with Ron across the main square towards their favorite restaurant where their wives were waiting.

“I don’t know why I can’t convince Hermione to have a second one,” Ron said sounding just short of a complaint. “How did you convince Ginny to have a second and a third?”

Harry smiled. “She wanted the children as much as I did. Now that Suzzy is two, we’re discussing if there will be a fourth or not. I told her I was comfortable with her decision. I would suggest not making a big deal about it so there’s no pressure.”

He shrugged before he noticed something he didn’t care for. Lowering his voice he said, “Ut-oh. Be ready.” He also saw something else that made him smile.

A gesture caused Ron to change paths towards the two strangers who looked to be harassing a young teenager who looked very uncomfortable. Everyone looked over when the two arrived and Harry tilted his head a little to the side. “Go on, Giles; we’ve got this.” The teenager hesitated only for about a second before he turned and ran.

Two men both in a dark blue suit -- one about 50 years old and graying while the other was younger, maybe a little more than Harry’s thirty with light brown hair -- looked at a glowering Harry intently as if determining if he was a threat. They barely spared the slouching Ron a glance, which they’d regret if this turned into a fight. “Are you Harry Potter?” the older one asked.

“My passport says James Evanson, but since I know all of the local residents and you’re not one, who are you?” Harry asked, his hand not far from his wand and Ron looked ready also.

“I’m Migel Santos and my assistant is Jacque Lemur; we are what you’d call Aurors from the ICW.”

Harry noticed a brief irritated look from the “assistant”.

“Are you Harry Potter? Answer me,” the older one insisted firmly.

“I don’t know where you’re from,” Harry said casually knowing he had plenty of backup, “but here we don’t harass people. Shouldn’t you know that if you’re an Auror?”

“We were just asking a few questions,” the man insisted. His hand started to move towards his waist when a floating knife suddenly appeared with the point next to his ribs, causing him to freeze.

Harry smiled. “Reaching for a wand or actually anything without asking first is a really bad idea, Mr Santos.”

Santos turned his head a little back and forth but there was no one to see. “How?”

Harry smiled again and this one wasn’t friendly. “Mr Santos, you’ve come here and threatened at least one friend that I’ve seen, and you’re acting like you’d be willing to threaten my family. While I am not happy about you making threatening noises, I can promise you that my amazing wife -- who snuck up on you -- would probably do worse things to you.

“The reason she was able to put a knife at your side without you seeing her is because she is exceptionally good at stealth and excels in our games of Magical Hide and Seek to the point I have to work very hard to beat her and I still lose more than I’d like. Over the last few years, she’s also shown some amazing skills in the kitchen such that she cooks as well as her mother, who was a legendary cook. If that wasn’t enough, she’s also so amazing in another way that it’s a real surprise we don’t have more children.”

“James!” was hissed by a female voice from behind Santos and surprised the two visitors even though they knew someone had to be there.

“Mate, too much info there,” Ron said quietly. “Perhaps we should find out what they really want before Robert comes over.”

“Yes, good point,” Harry agreed.

“Who’s Robert?” Lemur asked.

“Our local Auror and someone we’ve helped a number times over the years, so as long as I don’t hit you with a Killing Curse while he’s watching, we can do about whatever we want,” Harry explained. “So, what do you want with Harry Potter? Perhaps I’ll pass a message to him.”

When Santos hesitated, Lemur said, “We just want to ask a few questions about what really happened in Britain as there is now doubt about what the British Magical government has claimed over the years.”

“Lemur!” Santos seemed upset, perhaps more had been shared than the older man liked.

Harry turned to Ron. “Why don’t you reassure Robert we’ll take care of this and make sure they leave after a conversation?” Ron nodded and headed over to the uniformed man sitting on a park bench and watching avidly from across the square.

“Follow me,” Harry gave the order casually, “and I’d suggest you be very careful and non-threatening. Sure, we can heal you if it turns out there was a misunderstanding, but do you really want to take the chance on if that blade hits something vital or not?” He turned and started walking away towards the restaurant.

A wand appeared and was pointed at Lemur. “Slow and easy, gentlemen,” the female voice said. “While it’s true I can do very bad things to you, he’d actually be worse if you tried to hurt me. I’ve seen some of the things in the family magic books and it grosses me out far worse than some of the nasty nappies I’ve seen.”

The two men start to walk slowly after Harry, who was now a good five steps in front of them and with his back to them. They also saw the end of his wand was now visible, something they hadn’t seen before. Lemur looked at his supervisor and shook his head ever so slightly as they continued to a table with a large umbrella outside of a restaurant.

Harry signaled to the waitress; she smiled and headed inside. He pointed to two chairs. “Have a seat. We can talk here in the shade.” The two had barely sat when Ron rejoined them after his hasty walk and sat across from them with his wand on the table within easy reach and it was pointed at them.

The waitress returned and placed a tray with a number of bottles on it and then left. “Help yourselves,” Harry told them as he grabbed a beer and leaned back. Ron grabbed one too, although with his left hand.

When Lemur grabbed one, Santos looked scandalized. Lemur said, “He’s in control here and he’s being gracious, not to mention it is warmer than we’re used to.”

Santos refused to take a drink. “Actually, we’d like you to return to ICW headquarters in Zurich to answer a few questions.”

Harry looked at Ron and they both started laughing. They also heard a ghostly snicker since there appeared to be only four of them at the table and neither of the visitors were making a sound.

Ron said with a nod of his head towards Harry, “I’ll save him the effort. Not only no, but bloody hell no. Besides I heard there was an article written about it all just after it happened about ten years ago, and it was in all of the major magical newspapers in Europe. What could you need to know beyond that? Whatever government is in Britain is a dictatorship which enslaves those that dissent and that is not good for anyone but those running it.”

Jean had written their story and made sure it was sent to all of the European newspapers the week Britain had requested their return.

“Whoa, dictatorship and enslaves and dissent? Those are big words. Is your wife rubbing off on you? No wait!” Harry exclaimed, “don’t answer that as it’d definitely be too much information.” Ron grinned at him unrepentantly.

Lemur saved him. “The article is well known and was read, although it hasn’t been until the last year that it’s been taken seriously. Until about a year ago, Britain kept a very tight grip on everything and almost no news had come out. Recently though, we’ve started to sneak some of our people in and the reports have not been good.”

“I’m going to remove you from the force if you keep going,” Santos threatened his younger colleague.

“A political appointee with no real experience?” Harry asked while looking at Lemur, who seemed reasonably competent, unlike his superior.

Lemur smiled and looked at his bottle before looking at Harry. “I think you understand the situation you find yourself in.” Santos didn’t look happy but couldn’t really protest the vague answer.

“So, is the ICW finally about to do something useful in regards to Britain?” Harry asked Lemur and just ignored Santos.

“As you can guess, there is discussion. Always discussion.” Lemur looked up as if pleading for patience. “My cousin who works on the diplomatic side says it’s getting more serious though.”

“And the right information could help that along?” Harry added thoughtfully.

“So the theory goes,” Lemur told him casually.

Harry considered it all for a moment. “Since you seem competent, can I assume you have an evidence kit?”

“Certainly.”

“ Be very slow in opening your jacket and pulling it out. We’ll enlarge it,” Harry commanded and shifted so his beer bottle was above the table now instead of in his lap. Ron also reached forward and placed his hand on his wand, though he didn’t pick it up.

Lemur nodded and understood that bottle would be coming at him with a wrong move, and it would probably be coming at a speed where he couldn’t avoid it. That didn’t count any other magic from the redhead and he could still see the “floating” knife next to Santos’s ribs.

Very slowly, Lemur opened the left side of his jacket and with two fingers withdrew a small flat brown wooden case the size for cigarettes and placed it on the table. “I’ll need to be touching it when you do the Ending spell on the shrinking charm.” He put one finger on it.

Ron picked up his wand and did the spell silently, causing the box to expand into a full sized brief case. Ron also stood and walked around so he could watch Lemur better as he opened it.

“What did you need from here?” Lemur asked, still calm despite him not being in control.

“Phials for memories; three I think.”

Lemur pulled one out and held it out. He was shocked and almost threw himself back in his seat at the speed the supposed Harry Potter pulled out his wand. He managed to hold his position, but Santos wasn’t so lucky and did jerk backwards, only to cry out slightly in pain.

“You were warned not to move suddenly, so it’s your own fault for throwing yourself onto my knife,” Ginny’s voice told him. “Sit still like your partner; you were only pricked.”

Harry grinned at his success with the idiot before he pulled out the memory of his conversation with Malfoy in Azkaban and put it in the phial. When Lemur put that away and held out another, Harry said, “I think we need yours from the Great Hall, my love. From just before the attack until you went unconscious.”

Ginny shimmered into view behind and between the two men with her hand now visible on the knife at Santos’s side and her wand pointing at Lemur. Her wand went to her head and a memory was pulled out and dropped into the phial that Lemur held out to her.

“Luna?” Harry queried and Santos gasped again while looking at Harry and probably would have been stuck by the knife yet again except that he was already pressed against the back of his chair. “Are you sure you’re magical Mr Santos? Because you’re acting like you’ve never seen magic used before in practical ways.” Harry had managed a straight face and received a glare from the older man while Lemur held out the third phial towards Harry, the corner of the man’s mouth quirking up in amusement.

Taking the phial, he held it up next to his shoulder and saw a memory being dropped in, as Luna would have had to have “appeared” behind him based on Santos reaction. “She’s pretty good at sneaking up on me too.”

“If it makes you feel better, Harry, it’s hard to do,” Luna told him. He received a pat on the shoulder as he handed the phial over.

“Thanks, Luna. Well Mr Lemur, there’s evidence for you to back up the story about what happened,” Harry said.

“What about your escape from prison?” Santos asked, finally finding his courage to speak again.

Harry barely glanced at him and returned to looking at the younger Auror. “You were lucky we came in today. I don’t suggest returning since this country is not a member of the ICW and you don’t have any jurisdiction here; but if you do return Mr Lemur, everyone would appreciate it if you returned with someone who knows what they are doing.” Harry shrunk Lemur’s briefcase now that he had closed it again. “You can easily Apparate to Fiji from here if you need to fly back, or take your Portkey back to where you came from.”

Ginny stepped back and kept her wand trained on the two men, as did Ron, and Luna. Harry placed his empty bottle on the table and stood, wand by his side.

“Thank you for the help and the drink.” Lemur put his shrunken briefcase back into his pocket and pulled out a fountain pen. “Sir?” he said casually as he held it out.

“I’m going to write you up,” Santos threatened.

“As I will be writing up a report on this mission, what you did, and how you jeopardized it, plus submit a memory of it,” Lemur replied in a mostly bored tone. “Touch the Portkey, sir, before they get even more tired of us than they already are.” When Santos continued to glare at the younger man, Lemur touched the pen to the man’s neck and rapidly said, “Fire, fire, fire.” The two disappeared instantly.

“What a wanker,” Ron said with a shake of his head.

“I can’t argue with that,” Harry said with a grin as he tossed a few coins on the tray for the drinks. “Let’s get what we came for and return to the boat. I think we should do a short cruise to a few of the other islands before heading home.”

“And check the boat for tracking spells,” Ginny said, not suggested.

“Are the children with Hermione?” he asked just before their three children came running out of the restaurant with Neville and Hermione following quickly. “Never mind. I think we’ll head back to the boat as we don’t need anything. Don’t take too long,” he told the others.

Ginny Disapparated with Suzzy after picking her up while Harry grabbed Orion’s and Ian’s hands and left.

“What a day,” Ron said, shaking his head again. “All right, let’s get going. I’ll tell Robert the brief version and to watch out for them and contact us if needed.”




It was another eight months later when Winky came to Harry while the family was on the beach and playing. “Master Harry, there is a phone call from a man in France.”

“Jean or Bill?” Ginny asked.

“I’d bet it’s Jean, but there’s only one way to find out.” He left with a crack.

Ginny shifted uncomfortably, holding her baby bump as she did. “This is definitively the last one.”

Ron almost cracked a joke about it being her own fault, until his very pregnant wife glared at him; so he returned his gaze to their little girl and smiled as she played in the sand beside the Potter children.

Harry returned a few minutes later with a thoughtful look.

“Well?” Ginny asked.

“It was Jean. We need a group meeting,” he replied.

“What did he say?” Hermione asked with concern.

Harry just called out “Winky!”

“Yes, Master Harry?” the elf asked after she appeared.

He wondered if she’d just stayed and turned invisible since he hadn’t heard a pop from her. “Please go find the others and tell them group meeting on the beach. I think Lee and Mia may be in their hut on the upper level.”

There was a pop this time when Winky disappeared. Harry pulled out his wand and started conjuring umbrellas, like the ones Ginny and Hermione were sitting under, and some chairs.

Multiple cracks started sounding as the others appeared, except for Mia and Lee who arrived on brooms.

“I just received a phone call from Jean,” Harry announced as they all settled into a chair. “I didn’t get many details since Jean didn’t have them because it just happened last night, but the Ministry of Magic back home finally collapsed. Apparently there was a coup from the common people that toppled them. A lot of people were hurt, but it’s over. The new government has issued amnesty for everyone who was persecuted for political reasons. They even had a list of those known to have suffered and our names are on that list.”

“We can go home?” Hermione asked incredulously into the silence.

“If we want to, or we can stay here. Or we can go home, see what we think, and if we don’t like it then come back. Or anything else we want,” he told them.

“What do you want to do?” George asked.

Harry snorted. “You’re not going to get me to say first as I want all of you to think about what you want. Also, I’d have to talk to Ginny about it. I honestly don’t expect everyone to know without some thought. I’ll admit to not really fully knowing myself.”

It was Neville who spoke up first. “I think I’d like to go back. I have a manor house there that I’d like to check on. I’ve enjoyed my time here and with all of you, but I’d like to go back.”

Luna looked at him for a long moment. They never really become an official couple, although they had spent a lot of time together over the years. “I too have a house to check on. Perhaps we could do that together so no one is alone?” Neville nodded slowly and she smiled.

“I think I’d like to go back and help the country, after the baby is born,” Hermione said. “Ron, what do you think?”

Ron played with the sand for a moment. “I don’t know. I kind of like it here and I enjoy shaping the diamonds we sell but I can understand what you’re thinking. Maybe we should talk about it -- later.” She nodded.

Lee and Mia had their heads together and nodded at each other before looking at the group. “We’d like to stay. Also, Mia is pregnant.”

Everyone was stunned for a moment, still not used to the way Lee would drop bombshell announcements like this, just as he had when he’d announced wanting Mia to become part of their group or that she was magical. Everyone congratulated the couple after they recovered from their shock.

George shrugged. “Don’t know that I care, except…” He looked thoughtful for a moment. “I think I’d like to talk to Gail first.”

“The girl who runs the Potions shop?” Ginny asked in surprise before her expression brightened. “I think she’d be a good one for you. I hope it works out.” Everyone else was happy that George might have finally found someone for him too.

Ginny looked at her husband. “I don’t know, but what if we sailed back to find out what it’s like. If we don’t like it, we can return here. I’d like to see how Hogwarts faired. Orion will be eligible in three more years.” The mentioned boy looked at his mother in surprise as he’d already started learning a little, mostly potions so far.

“I could see that trip taking three months or probably more if we don’t hire help like Captain Moore. You’ll give birth probably before we get there, and Hermione is due even sooner,” Harry pointed out. “Even if we waited a few months for each of you to give birth, I’d still want to hire help to go back and then there’s the problem of having to explain magic to them because it can’t be hidden now with so much many things using magic on the ship.”

“We either remove the memory of magic from them when they’re done or else we put a compulsion on them not to tell,” Hermione said then held up her hand. “Yes, I know, I’m the last person that should be suggesting that and I don’t like it, but it would solve the problem if you want to be really sure. My real opinion is that we just ask them not to tell and I think Captain Moore would do that.”

She looked at Ron. “We could also go to Australia where my parents are and have the baby there. Then fly back to England and see what we want to do. If we don’t like it, we could come back here.”

“And miss the time with them?” Ron asked in surprise as he waved towards Harry and Ginny.

“I’m not saying we should do that, but it’s an option,” his wife told him and Ron acknowledged the option.

When no one said anything for a moment, Harry spoke up. “Right. George can figure out if he wants to stay here with the lovely Gail or not.” George actually blushed a little but his smile was large. “The rest of us can prepare to sail back to England to see what it’s like. Tentative departure is in two or three weeks with a stopover in Australia. I’ll contact Captain Moore to see if he’s available and if he could meet us in Austrailia. Maybe Alex is available too. If they’re not available hopefully they will have a good recommendation.”

Harry looked at Lee and Mia. “Since you’re staying, the island is your responsibility and whatever you dig out is yours since you’ll be doing all of the work. We’ll help put up more protective wards to repel people before we go.”

“Thanks,” Lee told him gratefully.

“Wait,” Hermione said suddenly and with worry. “All of our engineers are staying behind.”

“I’ve picked up a lot from George,” Ron told her. “I can do that job generally. It might be good to find one person to hire, but I don’t think we need a full crew down there. A lot of it just runs itself and maintenance isn’t hard if you do a little every day. I think,” he looked up for a brief moment as if visualizing something, “I think it is about time to schedule a larger check according to the manual and we probably want to upgrade a few things on the bridge, so maybe we do that in Sydney. Since that would take a few weeks it would be about the time Hermione is due and her parents might want to be there for that.”

Hermione gave him an appreciative look. “Thanks.”

“Right,” Harry agreed. “If Captain Moore can join us, I’ll ask if he can find an engineer.”

“Or maybe we come with you and fly back,” Lee thought out loud. “We’ll have to talk about it.”

“If you’ll stop in Auckland and drop us off for a couple of weeks on the way so Lee and I can spend time with my family, we’ll come back with you like he said. We can catch up with you in Sydney when the maintenance is complete,” Mia bargained.

“We’ve got a plan and we can do this!” Harry shouted. The others cheered, even the children.

--The End--

(A/N: This seems like a good place to end it as their time in exile is over. As I finish this, it seems like Harry’s bad luck is generally confined to Britain, so he might should stay on the island but you can decide where H/G ultimately live. :) I hope you enjoyed this as something different. -- Kevin)

Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear