Search:

SIYE Time:6:04 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Other Worldly Beasts
By Seeker_Quill07

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, General, Tragedy
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 26
Summary: There is no prophecy. Harry is an orphan who joins the wizarding world at 16. James and Lily are dead. Sirius and Remus are alive. Voldemort was vanquished and resurrected. Strange beasts are attacking the world and Voldemort seems to have a plan that crosses the boundaries of the universe.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7248; Chapter Total: 786





Author's Notes:
Got this new idea and wanted to put it into words. I'm still working on my other story though, Harry Potter and the broken wizard . I edited this chapter a bit so it won’t clash with certain things ahead. All the characters in the story belong to JKR. I am not making any money from this story. My previous story ‘Harry Potter and The Broken Wizard’ is at a temporary pause as I am stuck at a place, I will go back to that after I am a bit clear with things. And thanks to Jui (FGHermione) for her amazing work as always. Ron was born in September 1979 and Ginny was born in 1980 in this story, making them attend school the same year. I like the idea of Ginny being with Harry and co.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


CHAPTER 1

Look in the A.N for some details you need to know.


And I am sorry. I didn't notice that the incantations and other lines weren't italicized. I am going to italicize all of them. I directly pasted the story and published it and was expecting everything to be right. I corrected it for this chapter, but the chapters upto 8th have this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience, I am quite new to this. I am going to fix them and thanks for the sticking with the story!!!
______________________________ _________________________

“Cruc io.”

A scream shattered the slimy dungeons, accompanied by a mad cackling issued from a woman with a gaunt, hollow face, long, thick black hair and heavily lidded eyes which were alive with a fanatical glow.

A boy who didn’t look above sixteen years, clad only in trousers was backed into a corner, whimpering in pain. He had a pale face and jet-black hair with various cuts across his torso. He was shivering

The room they were in was a cold and dimly lit dungeon. The whole air around it had a chilling coolness that permeated into the very soul.

“Did you like that Haawwy? Perhaps a bit more pain… or do you want me to stop it? You didn’t like that, did you? Answer me,” Bellatrix said, and with a flick of her wrist, she made another slash across his torso.

Harry hissed in pain. He didn’t want to lose the small shred of dignity he still had after being tortured for… he didn’t know how much time had passed since he had been brought here. He didn’t know how many had had a go at him. Bellatrix was draining his energy with every torture session since she had brought him as her play toy. He still couldn’t get his mind around everything that had happened; that there were other people who could do magic. But whatever happiness that revelation would have brought was shattered on seeing this demented woman and the others who had taken enormous pleasure in causing him pain.

“Come on Hawwy, say something. Crucio,” said Bellatrix in that same mocking voice she used with him.

And Harry screamed in pain. A pain which tore at his nerve endings; the sensation of his blood being boiled in his veins and the feeling of having been stabbed by a hundred knives at the same time…

His mouth was hoarse with all the screaming, a welcome blackness was consuming him, and he was screaming and screaming…



Bleep Bleep Bleep

Harry woke up with a gasp and hit the alarm off. He could still feel the phantom of pain; his body was still sore and there was a slight tremble to his hands even after a month. He never would have believed such a pain could be caused if he hadn’t personally suffered from it.

Today was September first. The day he would be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the first time. It had been nearly a month and a half since he had learnt about the existence of the magical world. He would be attending his sixth year. He would have to attend his exams (OWLs, weren’t they…?) at the end of the year along with the fifth years’. That Dumbledore bloke, who Harry thought was the wisest weirdo he had ever met, had told him that since he already had a good grip on his magic, he could catch up to the sixth-year level if he worked hard. Tonks, who didn't like to be called by her first name and who was also on the rescue team that had helped him, gave him some books on magic and also tutored him on all the basic things he should at least have a grip on. The people he met (which were not many) were surprised at his grip on magic without a wand.

He could hear Tom the landlord’s hustle and bustle downstairs. The room he was staying in was small and cramped with a cot and desk occupying most of the room, but Harry didn’t mind as he had lived in far worse places. Preferring his solitude, he had refused Dumbledore’s offer of a place to stay. He didn’t want the looks of pity he was getting at the place he stayed. Dumbledore didn’t try to force him, but warned him to be cautious because the death eaters who had caught him wouldn't be very happy with his escape and his aiding to the escape of other victims. Harry had asked for a place where he could have some work and a room.

He needed some fresh air after staying in the sterile hospital (St. Mungos, was it?) atmosphere and then Tonks’ house. Even though they were kind and good to him he didn't feel very comfortable there. He wasn't used to that sort of treatment. He also felt like he was intruding despite them saying otherwise, not to mention that Tonks’ mother had a rather striking appearance to Bellatrix Lestrange, whose face he was sure he would never forget. Tonks still visited him sometimes, looking like a different person every time; she could morph herself into different people. She was also fun to talk to and could continue conversation even with less input from him.

His savings, which he had brought from his previous home, if you could call it that, helped him buy some books to learn more about magic, which was very fascinating. He wanted to save the money Dumbledore gave him as a scholarship- one could never know when he would need the money. He still needed to get used to the galleons, sickles and knuts.

The wand he was using was bought by Dumbledore, who had insisted on buying it despite his protests. The wand felt good in his hand, and he still remembered Mr.Ollivander’s words, who looked very creepy,

“The wand chooses the wizard Mr. Potter.”

Though he felt unsettled at the fact that his wand shared a core with Voldemort, the dark wizard of whom everyone seemed to be afraid of so much so that they didn't even speak his name, which he found bizarre.

Running a hand through his hair, Harry got up and started getting ready. “Your hair is a lost cause dearie,” came the voice from the mirror which still spooked him. He didn’t think he would be able to get used to it anytime soon.

_______________________________ _________________________

Ginny Weasley arrived at King’s Cross Station with her family with fifteen minutes whole minutes to spare, which was a great achievement for them.

This year only she and her brother Ron would be the ones still attending school from her family. Hermione Granger, her long-time best friend and her brother’s girlfriend was also with them. Her mother, father and her very much identical twin brothers, Fred and George had come to see them off.

They passed through the barrier between platform nine and ten to reach platform nine and three-quarters, with its scarlet gleaming train billowing smoke and the rush of students and parents bidding goodbyes. Ginny observed that there was a slight tension in the air and Aurors were patrolling the platform. The fear of a Death Eater attack was palpable in the air. Parents threw fearful glances to their surroundings as though expecting a Death Eater to appear from the ground any moment to curse them. Her parents and even Fred and George appeared serious which she didn't think was possible.

Death Eater attacks were increasing with the passing months and some small muggle villages had even been entirely burnt down.

Her mother hugged them all tightly and said, “A new student is going to be joining in your year; don’t nag him for any details and do try to befriend him, he will need some friends.”

“Who is he, Mum?” asked Ron, his curiosity evident. Hermione too was looking at her expectantly.

“Don’t ask me any questions dear, it's not my place to tell you,” said her mum.

The train whistle sounded, and everyone started clambering into the Hogwarts Express.

Her mum, dad and brothers hugged them again and told them to have a nice year.

After getting on the train, Ginny asked, “Why do you think someone joined school this late? I didn’t know Hogwarts gave admission this late.”

“He must be a transfer student. Look, we have to get to the prefects’ compartment. Can you please look after Crookshanks for a while?” said Hermione, impatiently checking her watch.

“Yeah, watch after Pig too,” said Ron.

Rolling her eyes at Ron’s ever-present manners, she took Crookshanks’ carriage and Pig’s cage and set off towards finding an empty compartment. She chatted with some friends from different houses along the way. At the final compartment, she saw Luna Lovegood with her radish earrings and wand tucked behind her ear. She was reading the latest edition of The Quibbler upside down. Luna was her friend who was a year below her. Ginny entered the compartment, pushed her trunk onto the rack, placed the owl cage and the cat carrier on it and greeted Luna; who had looked up to see who had entered the compartment with her protuberant blue eyes.

“Hello Luna, how was your summer?”

“Hello, Ginny. It was good, Dad and I went on an expedition to find the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks. It was fun. We nearly caught one too. How was your summer?” said Luna.

Ginny, who was used to Luna’s bizarre and eccentric behaviour, replied fondly, “That’s great, Luna. My summer was good. Not as thrilling as an expedition to find a Snorkack, though.”

Only now that she sat and looked, really looked around the compartment did she see that a person was half-facing the window and sleeping. The train had crossed London and was now going through the grass fields. The boy by the window looked like he was about their age.

“Do you know him, Luna?” she asked, gesturing towards him.

“No, he was asleep when I came in here; looks like someone new to me. I didn’t want to disturb him,” said Luna, observing the stranger like he was one of the creatures Luna seemed to think of as very real. From the reflection on the window, Ginny could say that he had a pale face and several scars that looked recently healed. His clothes looked worn out from wearing them repeatedly.

She could remember her mother’s words that someone new was coming to Hogwarts. He must be that someone.

Ginny and Luna spent some time exchanging their summer stories, and whiled away their time, temporarily forgetting about the new boy.

After some time, the voices of her brother and best friend floated through the air.

“Sixth year is for preparing for the NEWTs for next year, Ron, not for wasting time“”

“Quidditch isn't a waste of time, Hermione and there is nothing wrong in enjoying the time we have. We won’t get that time in our seventh year.”

The compartment door slid open, and her long, lanky brother strode in along with her bushy-haired friend, carrying their trunks. Even after a year of having a relationship, their arguments still prevailed. The only change was the way they “made up” after their fights… gross. She didn’t even want to think about that.

Hermione, who spotted the new student faster than Ginny had, asked,
“Is he the new boy your mum talked about?”

“Yes, I think so,” said Ginny.

“He looks like a strong wind would knock him out,” said Ron.

“Ron! You shouldn’t talk about someone like that,” said Hermione, appalled at his words. How Hermione could still be surprised at her brother's pig-headedness, Ginny didn’t know.

“I am not insulting him or anything, Hermione, just stating the obvious. You can't deny it, look at him. And remember, Mum said not to bother him with questions and all. Something must have happened to him,” said Ron, quickly backpedalling.

The compartment door opened, and a familiar but unwelcome drawl came through the now opened door.

“Well… Well… Well… If it isn’t the Weasel, Weaslette, Know-It-All and Loony. All in a single compartment, how fitting.”

“Can’t start your school year without visiting us, can you, Malfoy? One would think you missed us in the summer,” said Ron impatiently.

“Just came to warn you to be careful this year Weasley, you wouldn't want to mess with me this year. Who is the other beggar, Weasley? He looks even poorer than you. Maybe now you could at least say you are richer than someone,” said Malfoy laughing with his goons, Crabbe and Goyle, who looked even more stupid laughing.

“At least we don’t resort to licking anyone's shoes, Malfoy. Heard your father did more than that. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn’t the only thing your father licked clean,” said Ginny scathingly.

Ron and Luna laughed loudly at that, and Hermione's face was struggling between scandalised at the thought and mirth. Eventually, mirth won out.

Malfoy flushed at the implication and looked about to take his wand when a groan sounded from the compartment. Ginny had completely forgotten about the new boy in the compartment. Malfoy’s face paled on seeing inside the compartment and he left the compartment with his goons following him looking as bewildered as they felt.

_________________________

A. N: Hope you like it..

I could never imagine Harry with any other name so yes, he is Harry Potter in this. He thinks he is a muggleborn and there is a reason he has that name. Potter and Harry are common names and surnames in muggle world.
Thanks to Jui (FGHermione) for her wonderful advice and help in correcting my mistakes.
It's her idea to changing Ron and Ginny's birth dates to keep them in the same year without them being twins, which became a routine.


Reviews 26
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear