Search:

SIYE Time:1:30 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Hidden Path
By harrystwin1

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Mild Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 15
Summary: Ginny discovers a hidden pathway in the hills behind Hogsmeade. The week before Halloween, she meets Harry there and shows him what she found at the end of this secret path in the woods.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4504; Chapter Total: 601
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thank you all for your kind support. This is the last chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny stooped over and selected a stone from the edge of the Black Lake. The water appeared light green in the afternoon sunlight. A slight breeze blew little ripples across the surface as she aimed. The rock skipped twice; as it lifted, a tentacle reached up and snatched it out of the air.

“Hey,” Ginny complained.

“I guess he’s in a good mood,” said a voice behind her.

“Hey, Hermione. Nice day.”

Hermione sighed and studied the castle. “I guess.”

“Hermione, we’re going home tomorrow. Smile, laugh, jump up and down. We can get on with our lives now.”

Hermione frowned. “I suppose you’re right.”

“Hey, why are you so down? You acheived twelve NEWTS. You can do anything you want with your life.”

“Again, you’re right. I guess I’ll miss Hogwarts.”

“Hermione, I know you love school, but there are other things in life besides books.”

“That’s not it,” Hermione said. “You wouldn’t understand.”

Ginny picked up another stone, skipped it four times, and sank beneath the water. “Tell me,” she said.

Hermione sighed. “ You’re pure blood, and I’m muggle-born. You’ve known about magic since birth. I found out when I was eleven because I was accepted here. I met my best friends here and “ last year. I saw it rise out of the ashes like a phoenix.”

“You can come back. You can visit Hogsmeade anytime you want.”

“Speaking of Hogsmeade,” Hermione said. “You meeting Harry there one last time before we leave on Friday?”

“Yes. I'm going to miss Hogsmeade with Harry.”

“As you said, you can come back,” Hermione said.

Ginny gave her a look, then sighed and smiled. “You’re right. Come on. It’s nearly lunchtime. I’m starved.”

CMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Harry sat next to the mirror-like surface of the pool when Ginny walked into the secret clearing. He’d ignored the stone bench and had spread out a blanket. He looked up and smiled at her in a way she hadn’t seen since before the death of Dumbledore.

A sharp prick of pain accompanied the memory of her beloved headmaster. Harry loved him like a father in many ways, and Ginny secretly considered him a grandfather figure. His death had bit her to the core.

“Hello, Luv,” she said and joined him on the blanket.

‘Hello,” he greeted her and then kissed her.

“Beautiful day.”

‘Yes. I can’t believe we leave for home tomorrow.”

“You okay,” Harry asked as he reached out and tucked a lock of hair behind her left ear.

Ginny blew out a breath. “I acted tough in front of Hermione the other day, but I’m a little anxious. I have to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life.”

“I thought you wanted to play professional Quidditch.”

“I did when I thought I’d blow my NEWTS, but I didn’t.”

“I’ll say, you did exceptionally well with eight,” Harry said proudly. “You can do what you want.”

“I love Quiddich,” Ginny said.

“Then you should play. I’d love to see you go to your matches and cheer you on.”

“Oh, Harry,” Ginny said and surveyed the green grass, the multicolored flowers, and the trees swaying in the June breeze. The sun in the dark blue sky stood overhead as if waiting for her to speak, too. “I guess I thought “ well, this is going to sound so patronizing.”

“What?”

“Are you sure you’re okay if I play Quidditch? You’re a legend at Hogwarts, the best seeker in three hundred years.”

“Ginny!”

“I’m sorry. I know you hate when people make a fuss, but it’s true.”

“Luv, I am so proud of you,” Harry said as he put both hands on her cheeks and held her face, so they maintained eye contact. “Once I thought about playing professionally, but that was a boy's dream. I love working at the Ministry. I found my calling, and if Qudditch is yours, I fully support you.
“Honestly, you not just saying?”

“No. I mean it. I look forward to bragging about my wife.”

Ginny flushed red, and it made Harry smile. Her blushes reminded him of a simpler time when they were children.

“Alright, then, I had better start thinking about where to try out.”

“That’s my girl.”

They were silent for a moment, and then a strange sound distracted them. For the first time since Ginny had discovered the hidden path, the pool of crystal water shifted and began to change. The water started to shape into a human-like figure in front of their astonished eyes.

“Ginny,” Harry said as he pulled his wand from his jeans pocket.

Ginny pulled her wand, and they scrambled to their feet. “I’ll distract it and “ “

“Don’t tell me to run, Harry Potter. I’m not leaving you.”

“Ginny.”

“Do not fear,” said the figure, who shimmered in the sunlight like freshly fallen snow. The face of the Being reminded Ginny of an Angel she’d once seen in a book when she was a child. It was so beautiful. She lowered her wand.”

The figure formed from water appeared to have the same effect on Harry because his wand dropped. “Who are you?” He demanded.

“I am the Guardian of this hidden place. Godric Gryffindor created my body, you see, but I have been here since the beginning of magic. I was a spirit that dwelt in this clearing, but one day a student from Hogwarts found my home. She was crying over a lost love. Every tear she shed multiplied until this pool formed.”

Ginny listened in awe as Harry stared at the figure with a woman's body and a voice that reminded him of rushing water.

“But, I don’t understand,” Harry asked. “Why make yourself known to us now?”

“Because I sense the bond of love felt by the young girl who created the pool that gives me a form. Godric Gryffindor used those tears to make me more than a magical force, but the young one provided the material.”

“Why do you hide yourself and this place,” Ginny asked.

“Because only special people are allowed to find the path. I wanted you both to have a secret place for a short time. I sensed your great love,” said the Guardian to Ginny.

“Why,” Harry asked. “You don’t know us.”

“I know of you, Harry Potter. You are the Chosen One, the Boy Who Lived. You destroyed the Dark Lord, and you sacrificed your life for your friends and family when you did. There is no greater love.”

“I think I see,” Ginny said as tears welled up in her eyes.

Harry blinked his eyes, and Ginny saw them shimmer. “I did what I had to do.”

“Nevertheless, you earned the right to enter this place and my blessing.”

Harry looked at Ginny and back at the Guardian. “I am not sure I understand.”

“When Godric Gryffindor created my physical body, he promised me that one day I would meet the one worthy of my blessing and after I bestowed it, I would return to my actual magical state.”

“You mean you’ll disappear,” Ginny said, wiping her eyes.

“Yes, Ginevra Weasley. Do not despair. I will remain in all things good and pure.”

“Why us,” Harry asked again.

“It is my choice, and I choose you,” said the Guardian. “I give you my blessing of love with my free will. You will live out your days together and have the happiness you deserve and a family that others will look to as an example.”

Harry opened his mouth to say thank you, but the Guardian nodded and then sunk back into a pool of crystal clear water reflecting the trees and flowers that danced in the breeze.

“Wow,” Ginny said. “That was “ amazing.”

“Yes, it was,” Harry said and stared at the water for a minute. “Come here,” he said and tugged her hand.

He sat her down on the stone bench and then blew a deep breath. “I wanted to do this today, but I was afraid. Now, I think I better say it because I love you more than I can express.”

Harry dropped to one knee and pulled a small box from his pocket. Ginny began to cry as he opened the box and showed her a ring with a small square-cut diamond. “This is my mother’s engagement ring. Professor Lupin kept it hidden for me and it was returned to me by Kingsley Shackelbolt after Mooney died.”

“It’s beautiful.”

“Will you marry me, Ginevra Molly Weasley?”

“Yes,” she shouted and flung herself into his arms.

Harry stood and kissed her until he couldn’t breathe properly. “I love you so much.”

“I love you, too,” Ginny said and looked at the clearing around them. “Do you think we’ll be able to come back to this place, again?”

Harry sighed. “I hope so. Thank you,” he said in the direction of the pool of water. “I’m glad you found this place,” Harry said to Ginny.

“Me too.”

“Come on,” Harry stood and held out a hand to Ginny. “Let’s go. You have a train to catch tomorrow and we have our lives to live.”

“Yes,” Ginny said. “We do.”

THE END









Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear