Search:

SIYE Time:5:55 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


2000 Miles
By Fire

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 453
Summary: When Harry realises his need for Ginny he eventually finds a way to tell her how he feels, but their fairytale romance is interrupted by a battle with the Dark Lord, and Ginny is determined that she won't lose Harry and is prepared to go to any lengths to prevent it. H/G, R/Hr.
Hitcount: Story Total: 163884; Chapter Total: 7505







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter



O that ‘twere possible,
After long grief and pain,
To find the arms of my true- love
Round me once again!…
A shadow flits before me-
Not thou, but like to thee.
Ah God! that it were possible
For one short hour to see
The souls we loved, that they might tell us
What and where they be.
~By Alfred, Lord Tennyson



A/N this chapter takes place around November 20th.


Chapter X: Nightmares and Feinting


Harry sat on a chair staring into a dying fire. There was a knock on the door.

“Enter,” hissed Harry in a cold, high voice.

A woman entered. She was tall and slim with blonde hair. She knelt before Harry.

“My Lord,” she said.

“Narcissa,” said Harry. “So good of you to visit, it’s been lonely here without you.”

Narcissa Malfoy looked up.

“I bring news from my son, Draco,” said Narcissa.

“Ah, yes,” said Harry. “My spy at Hogwarts. What does he say?”

“Harry Potter is in love, my Lord,” said Narcissa.

“For how long?” asked Harry.

“About a month,” said Narcissa.

“A MONTH!” shouted Harry standing up and drawing his wand. “And you did not see fit to tell me?”

“My son informed my only this morning. I brought this news to you as soon as I could,” said Narcissa, now trembling.

“Very well,” said Harry, sitting back down. “Is there a reason why your son left it so late to inform you?”

“Yes,” said Narcissa. “He wanted to see how serious Potter was about this girl, because, apparently, the girlfriend that he had at Christmas last year only lasted through one date, so Draco waited until he was sure that this wouldn’t do the same.”

“I see,” said Harry. “The boy has done well. I will see to it that he is rewarded. Now, who is the girl.”

“She is a sixth year Gryffindor,” said Narcissa. “A pure blood and her name is Ginny Weasley.”

Harry let out a cold, cruel laugh.

“Bella!” he shouted.

Another woman, with heavy lidded eyes, entered the room.

“Yes my Lord?” she said kneeling before him.

“Find Wormtail, and meet me here tomorrow. We have a kidnapping to plan,” said Harry, his red eyes alive with mirth.

Bellatrix nodded and left the room.

“Potter’s love will be his downfall, as was his father’s,” said Harry, venomously. “It seems that Ginny Weasley and I will meet again.”

He laughed.


*+*+*+*



&# 8220;AHHHHHHH!” screamed Harry, from his bed in Gryffindor Tower, “NOOOOOO! GINNY!”

Ginny awoke suddenly at the sound of the screaming. She knew immediately who it was. She leapt out of bed and dashed from her dormitory. She sprinted down the stairs and through the passageway, brushing aside the younger students who were emerging from their dorms. She pushed open the door to Harry’s dorm and ran inside. It was Neville who met her.

“Ron,” he said. “She’s here.”

Ron looked up from where he was stood over Harry’s bed and beckoned them over.

“He had a nightmare,” explained Neville. “He woke up screaming and clutching his scar, and now he keeps saying your name over and over again.”

Ginny rushed to his bedside and dropped to her knees. She took hold of Harry’s hand and kissed his forehead.

“Ginny?” he asked.

“I’m here, Harry,” she said quietly.

“I need to talk to you,” he said.

He glanced around the room.

“Privately,” he added.

“Ok,” said Ginny. “We’ll go to the common room.”

She stood up and helped Harry out of bed.

“By the way,” she said as they turned to leave. “You’d better get everyone back to bed, Ron.”

In the common room Ginny laid Harry down on the couch and sat down on the rug beside him.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I had a nightmare,” he whispered hoarsely. “I was Voldemort again. Malfoy has been spying on us. He sent a message to Voldemort via his mother. It was about my feelings for you. And now Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange and Wormtail are planning how to kidnap you. He remembers you, Ginny. He remembers you from the chamber, and the diary.”

The colour drained from Ginny’s face.

“I’m not afraid, Harry,” she said solemnly. “I’m safe here, right? I mean, Dumbledore is the only one that Voldemort was afraid of.”

“I know,” said Harry. “I just don’t want you to get hurt on my account.”

He stroked her cheek softly.

“I knew that there would be a risk when I agreed to go out with you, Harry,” said Ginny. “I accepted the risk. There was always a risk for me anyway, because of you, because of what happened in my first year and because of who my parents are and the Order. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I don’t care.”

She gave him a small smile.

“You’re the one who’ll beat him, Harry, and I want to be there at your side when you do,” she said.

He grinned at her.

“I’ll keep you safe,” he whispered.

Ginny smiled at him, and touched her lips to his.

“I love you,” she whispered.

“I love you too.”


*+*+*+*



Harry walked across a large field and sat down on a bench over looking a small wood.

“So, who’s the cleverest Godfather in the world?” said a voice, approaching him from behind.

Harry turned.

“Sirius!” he exclaimed.

“Damn right,” said Sirius grinning.

He sat down on the bench beside Harry.

“So, come on. Was I right, or was I right?” said Sirius, cockily.

“You were right,” said Harry. “I do need her, more than anything.”

“And, let me guess, she’s always there when you need her the most,” said Sirius, grinning widely.

“Yup, she’s always there,” said Harry. “And looking more beautiful every day.”

“You’ve got it bad, mate,” said Sirius.

“What do you mean?” asked Harry.

“L… O… V… E…” said Sirius. “You’ve fallen hard.”

“Yeah,” said Harry. “I guess I understood what Dad meant now, on that parchment you left in the boy’s dorm.”

“Oh that,” said Sirius. “What did I say again?”

“Some unimportant rubbish about being hungry, and some girl’s tits,” said Harry.

“Oh, yeah, now I remember,” said Sirius looking dreamy for a moment. “Which reminds me. I have a message from your Dad.”

“You do?” said Harry incredulously.

“Yeah,” said Sirius. “He says: Don’t let her go.”

“Who?” asked Harry, blankly.

Sirius clobbered him around the head.

“Ginny Weasley, you idiot,” said Sirius.

Harry rubbed his head.

“There was no need to hit me,” complained Harry.

“Believe me there was,” said Sirius.

“I would have done the same,” said a voice behind Sirius.

Harry looked up and gasped. It was James Potter.

“Hey, Harry,” said James.

“Hey, Dad,” said Harry shuffling up to make room for him. “Why are you here?”

“It’s about time that I gave you some fatherly advice,” said James.

“But if you want the sensible stuff, then go to Moony,” interrupted Sirius.

“Shut up, Padfoot,” said James, smiling all the same. “Anyway, it appears to me that you’ve found your one and only.”

“Ginny,” said Harry.

“Yes,” said James. “Don’t ever let her go, Harry. Padfoot is right, which has to be a first. You need her, and she needs you. Please forgive me for the mushiness of this next statement, but you complete each other. Don’t let Voldemort get in the way.”

“I won’t,” said Harry. “I die for her, just like you died for Mum and me.”

“How do you know that, about me, I mean?” asked James.

“I used to hear it when the Dementors came to close,” said Harry.

“What do you hear now?” asked James.

“Last summer it was the graveyard, when Voldemort was reborn, but now, I reckon it would probably be the day Sirius died,” said Harry, looking at the two men.

“Done any pranks yet?” asked Sirius.

James glared at him.

“I was just changing the subject,” said Sirius.

“No,” said Harry. “Ginny and I are planning to do something to the Slytherins, but we haven’t had many good ideas yet. We want to upstage Fred and George.”

“Wait a minute,” said James. “Isn’t Ginny a prefect?”

“Moony still pranked with us when he was a prefect,” said Sirius.

“True,” said James. “If I were you, Harry, I’d make their food explode at supper, when the hall is fullest. We tried it once at breakfast.”

“Oh, I remember that, Prongs,” said Sirius. “There weren’t many Slytherins in the hall at that time. It had been fuller earlier though. Why didn’t we do it then?”

“Snivellus hadn’t turned up,” said James.

“Speaking of Snape,” said Sirius. “He hasn’t been giving you a hard time, has he, Harry?”

“No worse than usual,” said Harry, shrugging. “He has a special look of loathing that he reserves especially for me, although he wasn’t to keen on Remus when he taught at Hogwarts. But don’t worry. I always return the favour.”

Harry, James and Sirius grinned.

“That’s my boy,” said James, ruffling Harry’s hair.

“Hey!” said Harry. “It’s messy enough as it is!”

“It’s the Potter curse I’m afraid,” said Sirius sadly.

“Curse?” said James. “The girls always loved it. Well, except for Lily, and she was and is the only one that matters.”

“Do all Potters fall so hard, Prongs?” asked Sirius.

“Probably,” said James. “Usually redheads too. My mother was a redhead, and my grandmother, and my great-grandmother. After that I don’t know, but it sounds pretty ominous, doesn’t it?”

“There’ll only ever be one girl for me,” said Harry.

“A redhead,” said Sirius. “Not just any red, but Weasley red.”

“I think it’s about time we got going, Padfoot,” said James. “Lily will be wondering where we are.”

“She’ll be coming to talk to you next time, Harry,” said Sirius.

“Bye, Harry,” said James. “And remember, don’t ever let her go.”

“Bye,” said Harry sadly.

He watched the two men fade into the mist that had blown in from nowhere.


Harry felt a gentle kiss on his cheek as his eyes fluttered open.

“Good morning,” said Ginny.

“Where am I?” asked Harry.

“On the couch in the common room. It’s about half seven in the morning,” said Ginny.

“That’s the latest I’ve slept in a long time,” said Harry. “I think that you have a good effect on me, Miss Weasley.”

Ginny grinned. He tightened his arms around her and she snuggled into his chest.

“You are so beautiful,” Harry whispered into her ear.

“That tickles,” she said, giggling.

She turned her head so that she could look at him and gaze into his electric green eyes.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

He leant in and kissed her, slowly but passionately. Her hands slid down his back to rest on his more intimate areas, while he moved his hands to lie protectively on her hips. He continued to kiss her, savouring every moment.

“Don’t ever let her go.”

Those words were resounding in his head. That sounded like good advice to him. He definitely did not want to let her go. Without warning, he felt her hand slide down underneath the waistband of his boxers and only stop when it reached the most sensitive part. Harry moaned deep in his throat when her hand began to stroke gently, feeling the wetness on her fingers. After what seemed like hours, they broke away and Ginny pulled her hand away.

“I’m sor…” she began, but Harry touched his finger to her lips.

“Don’t you dare say that,” he said.

She grinned at him.

“I must have get caught up in the moment,” she whispered.

“Then I’ll have to arrange that more often,” he said seductively. “By the way, when will it be my turn to do some exploring.”

Ginny giggled.

“Whenever you want,” she said, before kissing him again.


*+*+*+*



R 20;Right everyone,” said Harry in the Quidditch changing room before the first match of the season. “We’ve been training for this match for weeks and now it’s finally here. Slytherin have gone for size rather than skill, again, so I want you all to be careful. Andrew and Jack, keep close on those bludgers, don’t give Crabbe and Goyle much chance to beat them at our team. Ginny, Katie and Colin, Slytherin play dirty, so watch out. Katie, you know what you’re up against, so will you keep an eye on the others. Ron, you can save anything. You’ve barely let any goals in practice and that was with these three shooting, I don’t think you’ll have a problem. Just keep an eye out for bludgers. They had a habit of knocking Wood off his broom, and I really don’t want that to happen. And me, I’ll take care of Malfoy.”

Everyone nodded in agreement. They knew what they had to do. They had all been practising hard. They lined up ready to fly into the stadium. Ginny grabbed Harry’s hand and squeezed it.

“I love you,” she mouthed to him.

He grinned at her.

“I love you too,” he mouthed back.

They took off into the stadium.

“Here are the Gryffindors!” bellowed Seamus Finnegan, the new commentator. “Weasley, Kirke, Sloper, Bell, Creevey, Weasley aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Potter!”

Cheers erupted from three-quarters of the stadium, with the other quarter booing and hissing. The Gryffindor team circled around waving to the crowd.

“And here are the Slytherins!” shouted Seamus, in a much less enthusiastic tone. “Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, Baddock, Zabini, Parkinson and Malfoy.”

The Slytherins flew round the pitch to be met with cheers from their supporters, but loud hisses from everyone else. They landed next to the Gryffindors and Malfoy, as captain, stepped forward to face Harry.

“Captains,” said Madam Hooch. “Shake hands.”

Malfoy grasped Harry’s hand for less then a second before releasing.

“You’re dead, Potter,” he said venomously.

Harry laughed.

“I’m sure,” said Harry.

“Mount your brooms,” said Madam Hooch.

The fourteen students prepared for take-off. Madam Hooch blew her whistle and fourteen brooms flew into the air, six in close pursuit of the quaffle.

“And they’re off,” shouted Seamus. “Ginny Weasley with the quaffle for Gryffindor. She is heading down the pitch towards the hoops. She passes to Katie Bell, veteran chaser for Gryffindor. Watch it! Bell drops the quaffle and it is caught by Parkinson, a new addition to the Slytherin team. Well done Ginny! She steals the quaffle and heads down pitch to the Slytherin hoops. She passes to Creevey, who passes to Bell, who returns it to Weasley, who shoots! SHE SCORES! Ten points to Gryffindor.”

The stadium erupted into cheers. Harry, who was watching the match from above grinned from ear to ear.

“Slytherin with the quaffle. Zabini has it. He passes to Parkinson. Nice bludger there from Andrew Kirke. So it’s Creevey in possession. Watch out, Colin. Slytherin chaser Baddock is flying straight for him. FOUL! He could have knocked Creevey from his broom, you dirty cheating bas… Sorry, Professor. Ginny Weasley comes forward to take the penalty, and she scores! Well done Ginny! Another ten points to Gryffindor. Oh! Potter is diving. Has he seen the snitch?”

Hundreds of heads turned to stare at where Harry was diving.

“And Malfoy follows him. They’re heading for the ground, neither is pulling away. Ten feet from the ground, five feet, two feet, and Malfoy crashes. Potter pulls away just in time. Take that you Slytherin fool! He was feinting, you idiot! Well done, Harry!”

The stadium was cheering again as Malfoy was carried away on a stretcher, leaving Harry free to look for the snitch alone. Ginny looked up at where he was circling once again. She smiled at him and he winked back.

“Gryffindor in possession. The quaffle is with Bell. She’s sprinting for the goal. She swerves to avoid a bludger, nice one! Creevey is waiting behind as back up. She shoots!”

The stadium held their breath.

“Saved by Slytherin keeper Nott. He passes to Zabini who drops it. Weasley with the quaffle. That’s a bludger, Ginny! She passes to Bell, who drops it. And it’s Parkinson with the quaffle, heading for the hoops. This is the first test of the match for Gryffindor keeper, Ron Weasley. Creevey is following close behind Parkinson who shoots… Excellent save, by keeper Weasley! Brilliant. So the score remains Gryffindor 20, Slytherin Nil. Potter’s seen the snitch!”

Harry was diving again, and this time it was definitely real. He zipped past the Gryffindor hoops and grasped the snitch which was hovering metres below Ginny’s broom.

“He’s caught it! Potter’s caught the snitch!”

Madam Hooch’s whistle blew.

“GRYFFINDOR WIN!” she shouted.

Harry and his team sank to the ground and hugged each other.


*+*+*+*



Hour s later, after Harry and Ginny had made an emergency trip to Hogsmeade for butterbeer and sweets, the whole of Gryffindor tower was partying. Harry had brought his gramophone down from the dormitory and was currently playing his mother's record.

“What is this, Harry?” asked Katie Bell.

“It’s called the Thirtieth Flower,” said Ginny, overhearing.

“It’s very good. I’ve never heard of it before,” said Katie.

“It’s very old. Late seventies, I think,” said Harry.

“Who is she?” asked Seamus. “The girl who is singing.”

“Like it says on the cover,” said Ginny. “Her name is Lily.”

“Like your mum, Harry,” said Neville.

“Yes,” said Harry. “She does a duet later on with a man. You’ll find the part very interesting.”

Ginny grinned.

“Most girls will be in tears,” she said, with a small giggle.

“Will you cry?” asked Neville.

“Nah,” she said. “I’ve heard it before.”

Harry put his arm around her and kissed her gently.

“So, Neville,” said Ginny. “Is there any girl that you like at the moment?”

“Erm… well… I…” stammered Neville.

“So, there is,” said Ginny.

“Who is she?” asked Harry.

“L-Luna,” said Neville, turning beet red.

“Oh that’s great,” said Ginny. “She likes you too! She’s been begging me to ask you if you like her for weeks.”

“Really?” asked Neville, his face brightening.

“Yes,” said Ginny.

“Cool,” said Neville. “I’ll ask her out tomorrow. Thanks, Ginny.”

“No problem,” said Ginny, with a smile. “Sometimes people just need a push in the right direction.”

“See you later,” said Neville, heading across the room to talk to Lavender and Parvati.

“Will you be doing any more matchmaking this evening?” Harry asked Ginny with a smile.

“No,” said Ginny. “I think I’ll save it for tomorrow.”

She laughed, and melted into Harry’s next kiss.














A/N Thanks to everyone who has reviewed so far, please keep it up. I like to know what you think. I know there hasn’t been much excitement so far, but there will be in a few chapters from now, I think. Please review.




































Reviews 453
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear