Search:

SIYE Time:16:32 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


2000 Miles
By Fire

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, Tragedy, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 453
Summary: When Harry realises his need for Ginny he eventually finds a way to tell her how he feels, but their fairytale romance is interrupted by a battle with the Dark Lord, and Ginny is determined that she won't lose Harry and is prepared to go to any lengths to prevent it. H/G, R/Hr.
Hitcount: Story Total: 163873; Chapter Total: 8730







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


O that ‘twere possible,
After long grief and pain,
To find the arms of my true- love
Round me once again!…
A shadow flits before me-
Not thou, but like to thee.
Ah God! that it were possible
For one short hour to see
The souls we loved, that they might tell us
What and where they be.
~By Alfred, Lord Tennyson




A/N If you don’t like R/Hr, then skip this chapter, nothing important happens in it, it’s just all about Ron and Hermione, with plenty fluff. H/G will be back with a swing in the next chapter though.


Chapter VIII: Two to Tango


Sixth year Gryffindor prefects, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, wandered through the dungeon corridor checking for students who were out of bed.

“I still have trouble thinking about Harry, my best mate, snogging my little sister,” said Ron.

“Oh, Ron,” said Hermione exasperatedly. “We’ve been through this about two thousand times. It’s not all Harry, I’m sure Ginny has a hand in it somewhere. It takes two to tango, you know.”

“I just don’t want Ginny to get hurt,” said Ron.

“Do you honestly think that Harry would hurt her? He’s known her for years and has a great respect for her, and besides, he’s terrified of you laying into him.”

“What about Cho, though? That didn’t work out too well, did it?”

“Cho was a walking tap, crying every other minute. How on earth was Harry of all people going to be able to deal with that?”

“True.”

̶ 0;Just trust him, Ron. Even if he doesn’t know it yet, he loves her. Just watch him when they’re talking and you’ll see it in his eyes. He won’t hurt her.”

“Maybe you’re right, Hermione. Anyway, what time does our watch end tonight?”

“In about ten minutes. Why?”

“How about we go and find a spare broom cupboard?”

Hermione rolled her eyes.

“Is that all you think about?”

“Mainly,” said Ron, with a wide grin.

“Oh fine, come on,” she said, taking his hand. “There’s one just over there.”

Ron pushed the door open.

“After you,” he said.

“Thank you,” said Hermione.

Ron followed her in and shut the door. Hermione smiled at him. They moved closer together. Ron bent down and his lips met hers. Hermione’s hands slid up his back and into his bright red hair. Ron deepened their kiss. Hermione moaned deep in her throat.

They broke away after the need for air became to extreme.

“I love you, Hermione,” whispered Ron.

Hermione’s eyes widened. Whatever she had been expecting him to say, it wasn’t that.

“I love you too,” she replied, knowing suddenly that it was true.

Ron pulled her into a tight embrace.

“Ssssh!” somebody outside hissed.

“Sorry,” another voice whispered.

“Are they in there?” the first voice whispered.

“I don’t know,” whispered the second voice.

“Check the map,” hissed the first voice.

“Oh, right,” whispered the second voice.

The people outside began to rummage in their robes for something. In the cupboard Hermione looked at Ron and shook her head. She pulled open the door to reveal nothing.

“Harry Potter!” said Hermione, angrily. “Ginny Weasley! We know that you’re there so take that cloak off now!”

Harry looked and Ginny and the two burst out laughing as they removed the cloak.

“We wanted to catch you snogging, for blackmail,” said Ginny. “See, Colin even lent us his camera.”

Harry held up the camera.

“Why do you want to blackmail us?” asked Ron.

“Well, we’re planning a little prank, and we wanted to make sure that you’d let us set it up during your watch,” said Harry.

“Cool,” said Ron.

“It’s not cool,” said Hermione. “I won’t let you do it.”

“Ah well,” said Ginny. “We’ll just have to find another way.”

She winked at Harry. The two walked away. Hermione watched them leave and shook her head.

“Those two!” she said. “I swear they’re channelling the spirits of Fred, George and the Marauders.”

“Don’t worry about it, Hermione. We could all use a laugh. This school’s been prank free for too long,” said Ron.

Hermione rolled her eyes.

“Ginny’ll end up losing her badge,” she said.

“And Ginny won’t care,” said Ron.

“So how’s your defence project coming on?” asked Hermione.

“Terrible,” said Ron. “Turpin keeps having a go at me over the whole Sirius/Wormtail row. She’s refusing to let me write that Wormtail was the spy. It’s doing my head in.”

“That’s pretty bad. My partner doesn’t care. He just lets me do all the work,” said Hermione. “I don’t mind though. At least I know that it’s been done well.”

“True. I still don’t think it’s fair. Ginny and Harry hardly have to do anything for it. All Harry needs to do is write down what he remembers. And lets face it, he can’t get any less that full marks, because he knows even better than Moody what happened,” said Ron.

“I wouldn’t whinge too much,” said Hermione. “Moody will come up with something that Harry can’t do easily.”

“Hopefully,” said Ron.

He bent down and kissed Hermione again.

“I love doing that,” he said.

“Well stop talking and do it again,” Hermione said, grinning.

Their lips met once more. Ron pulled Hermione closer into his body. He deepened their kiss.

“We need to go back to the Common Room,” said Hermione, breaking away. “Our watch ended fifteen minutes ago.”

“Come on then.”

Ron took her hand and the two ran back to Gryffindor tower.









A/N Unbelievably short, I know. The next one will be much longer. It will be Hallowe’en. Starting in the morning and ending with the end of the ball. There will be lots of fluff, H/G and R/Hr. Draco Malfoy finally makes an appearance and tries to stir up trouble with our favourite couple. It’s taking me longer to write this fic than I expected, especially with all the coursework I’ve had recently, but I’m off school this week so I’ll try and get the next chapter at least written.

Reviews 453
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear