Search:

SIYE Time:6:48 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Gambit
By Mirloc

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, Drama
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 79
Summary: Harry makes a massive gamble to draw out a Dark Lord in hiding.
Hitcount: Story Total: 39164; Chapter Total: 3396







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 6

Harry looked around almost furtively as he made his way into the manor house. It took him four wrong turns and several times consulting the map he had of Malfoy Manor, but soon enough he had located Lucius Malfoy’s private library. He rapidly selected the books he needed, and placed them in his rucksack. Sealing it from the elements, he shouldered it, and left the manor, drinking the last of the Malfoy Polyjuice as his foot touched the bottom stair.

Everything was going smoothly; he had the books and was less than ten paces from freedom. A silky smooth voice behind him stopped him cold. “Going somewhere Draco?”

Harry turned to see Lucius. “I — I’m just going out for some air.”

“Going out for another of those disgusting muggle cigarettes then?” The older Malfoy’s face twisted at the word.

Harry contemplated this for a minute. “That’s right father I am.” His hand grasped the cold brass doorknob and twisted it.

“Fine. At least do something worthwhile while you are moping about out there. Check the old shack, it looks like some transient may be using it as a hovel again, and we can’t have that, now can we?” Lucius left and Harry breathed out in relief, and left Malfoy Manor.

He had a lot to think about as he made his way back to the shack. He pulled open the door as streaks of black began to appear in his blonde hair. “Draco, I had a small chat with your dad, let’s discuss this shack, shall we?” Harry pointed his wand at Draco lying on the floor. “Why would your father care if anyone was here? And more importantly, why watch it so well?”

At first Malfoy said nothing assuming the noble and righteous Harry Potter was incapable of hurting another human. It was during the next couple hours that Draco learned Harry was more than capable, both mentally and emotionally to deal out pain. He talked then, explaining that the shack was a spot Death Eaters would use to gather.

Harry looked around the shack again; it was little more than a single room, a fireplace, rug, and some old furniture. Honestly, if it had been left to its own devices surely it would have collapsed by now. It was on the second pass through Harry noticed the floor by the rug was discolored in several spots. He grabbed the rug and flipped it over, and there on the floor was a small brass ring set into a door just big enough for a man to enter.

“What will I find under there Draco?” Harry asked shoving Malfoy ahead of him.

Malfoy remained silent. “Fine, have it your way.” Harry opened the trapdoor and pushed Malfoy down into the hole, Harry followed with his and Draco’s wands safely in his cloak pocket. The rather large room below them was filled with crates of supplies and trinkets. “So this is where your father stores all the items the Death Eaters need eh?”

Harry jotted a few notes down, and then saw the door set into the wall. “What’s behind the door Malfoy?” Draco again refused to talk. “Right then, on we go.” Harry prodded Draco at wand point.

Draco opened the door, and behind it was living chambers for about a dozen. “Very nice hotel your father runs here Malfoy. So who are the guests then?” Draco remained closed mouthed. “This will go so much faster if you actually talk Draco my lad.” Harry wrapped an arm companionably around Dracos’ shoulder.

Draco simply glared at Harry who shrugged. “Makes no difference really.” Harry removed his rucksack and reached in pulling out a pin. He quickly cast a spell on it, and pinned it and the envelope containing all his notes to Dracos’ chest, placed him in a full body bind and activated the Portkey. Draco vanished, appearing at the headquarters of the Magical Law Enforcement, with Harry’s notes pinned to him.

Within the hour Aurors had seized Malfoy manor and arrested Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy for aiding and abetting fugitives from the Ministry. Harry watched all this from under his cloak. Confident that he had what he needed, Harry Disapparated, and appeared in the Shrieking Shack. After skimming through the first of the books, he found his mind wasn’t on the spells contained in the books of powerful magic, rather on the red headed woman in the castle.

Harry found himself walking almost in a daze, and realized just as his head popped out from under the roots of the willow that he was still visible. He tossed on his cloak, and silenced the tree, and continued to the castle, not stopping until he was outside her door, his hand once again on a cold doorknob, only this time it was anticipation, and not fear that had his hand trembling.

He eased open the door and saw her resting in her bed, her red hair fanned out around her, her eyes closed, and one hand behind her head the other tucked under the covers. He walked forward as if in a trance, her face calm, beautiful, and peaceful. She was like a siren, calling to him. Almost subconsciously, he flicked his wand behind him and the door to her room closed and locked. Next a silencing charm passed his lips as he licked them nervously, and put his wand away.

Ginny’s eyes fluttered open as soon as Harry sat on the bed, and it took her a moment to gather her thoughts. When she did, she began to smile at the young man sitting next to her. “Back so soon?”

“Couldn’t stay in the shack knowing you were up here.” He admitted. He reached a slightly trembling hand to stroke her cheek. “I shouldn’t have come, but I can’t stay away.” He looked horrible.

Ginny smiled, “How about you crawl in here and get a good night’s sleep?” She flipped the covers back, and Harry saw what she wore to bed.

“Hey, that’s my shirt.”

“Was yours. You left everything to me, and it was in your trunk. It’s mine now.” She patted the bed. “You getting in here or are you sleeping on the floor?”

Harry huffed, but stripped out of his clothes and leaving only boxers and a tee shirt on slid into bed beside her. “It’s still my shirt.”

Ginny chuckled. “You have a lot to learn Mr. Potter.” They both yawned, and fell asleep rather quickly.
Reviews 79
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear