Search:

SIYE Time:5:00 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Gambit
By Mirloc

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, Drama
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 79
Summary: Harry makes a massive gamble to draw out a Dark Lord in hiding.
Hitcount: Story Total: 39158; Chapter Total: 3313







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 6

Harry awoke the next morning to an empty bed, and groggily looked about trying to gain a proper perspective. The first thing he focused on was three figures sitting at the table, he reached for his glasses and sliding them on Ron, Hermione and Ginny came into focus. Harry’s mouth began working trying to formulate an excellent reason why he was sleeping in Ginny’s bed, and furthermore why he couldn’t find his boxers.

Slowly, and with great care not to draw too much attention to himself, Harry searched under the covers for his boxers, after ten minutes of fruitless searching, he shoved his head into a pillow and sighed, reaching around he managed to wrap himself in a sheet and get out of bed.

“Good morning Harry.” Ron said his voice flat and even. “Lost something have you mate?”

Harry blushed, and looked at where Ron’s eyes were glaring at Harry’s boxers hanging from one of the posts right next to Ginny’s bra. “Well, isn’t that odd Ginny… Look what happened when we…” Hermione raised an eyebrow. Harry plopped into the fourth chair and buried his face in his hands. “Would you believe this is the absolute last way I intended on letting you know?” He asked weakly.

“If you weren’t already dead Harry, I’d have to kill you now.” Ron set his cup down with the utmost care. “However, seeing as there are special circumstances I can see fit in ignoring this indiscretion.”

Ginny was almost in tears, at the last statement. “Oh, as if you and Hermione…”

But oddly it was Harry who interrupted her speech. “Ron, you are my best friend, and Hermione is like my sister. I care for you both very much, and you are like my family. However there is no indiscretion Ron. You will overlook this, as you have no business interfering with your sister no matter who she chooses to date or sleep with, that’s her choice not yours.”

All three people listening to Harry’s mouth opened in shock. “Now if you please, piss off, and let my fiancée and I get back to whatever the hell it is we decide to do.” With that Harry stalked over opened the door and waved Ron and Hermione out.

Shocked, the two left, and Harry closed and sealed the door with a spell. He turned to see Ginny trying to hold back laughter, and looked down to see that he had left the sheet on the chair. “Bloody hell…” Ginny broke up in laughter, and wound up pounding her fist on the table. “Ha. Ha. Ha.” Harry said darkly and pulled on his shorts and pants. He reached into his trunk and pulled out a shirt, and slid it on, and sat next to Ginny.

She had just composed herself, drying the tears of mirth from her face. “Well, that could have gone better.” This had the effect of starting her all over again, Harry sighed and opened the door; Ron and Hermione were still standing there having a whispered argument. “You can come in now.” Harry said ushering them in.

Ginny had managed to compose herself; and still wearing only Harry’s shirt gathered a few things and headed to the shower.

“We just stopped in to talk to Ginny, to you know, let her know that there’s still hope.” Ron looked at the bed a moment. “You can somewhat imagine our surprise to see she already knew…” Ron looked at Harry pointedly. “How long has she ‘been in the know’ Harry?”

“That is none of your bloody business Ron.” Harry growled, and called for Dobby.

Dobby brought Harry and the rest breakfast, and tea and then vanished, returning a few minutes later with Harry’s clothing. Throughout it all Hermione glared venom at Harry. Harry whispered to Dobby, and the elf took a seat in a small chair that he conjured.

“Now, let’s settle a few things. One: Ron, your business with your sister’s affairs ends right now, understand?” Ron glared at Harry, refusing to speak. Harry folded his arms over his chest, and with his voice calm, and inflecting no emotion. “Ron, your business with my fiancée’s affairs ends as of right now. Do you understand?”

Ron struggled, and finally dropped his head, and muttered “Yes.”

“Good, Two: Hermione, get used to the house elves, they are a part of our society, and with a few exceptions, they enjoy their lives, you are making them miserable. Stop it.”

Hermione opened her mouth to retort, and Harry held up his hand. “Dobby, please fetch some elves, I’m going to end this here and now.” Dobby stood, and bowed vanishing and returning a moment later with a dozen elves. Harry walked over to his trunk and pulled out a misshapen hat, and placed it on the ground in front of the elves. All but Dobby instinctively recoiled from the item on the floor.

“Dobby, how many of these do you have?” Harry asked gently.

“Dobby has many, many of them.” Dobby looked proudly at Harry “Dobby keeps them in his room.”

He looked at the other elves. “How many hats did you guys pick up over the last three years?”

The elves looked at one another muttering to themselves. Dobby spoke up. “That is easy Harry Potter, sir. Dobby has all; no elf cleans Gryffindor but Dobby now.” Hermione’s face fell.

Harry looked at her pointedly. “So you see Hermione, by interfering you made Dobby into the Gryffindor Tower slave, you made the situation far worse than it had ever been, because you were so certain you knew better than everyone else.”

Hermione’s eyes shone with tears. “I — I just wanted…”

“You wanted to poke your nose where it didn’t belong, the elves don’t mind, they enjoy their lot in life. Leave them be.”

“Third: You can stop playing games Albus, and show yourself.” Harry glared at a corner, and as Ginny walked out of her bathroom toweling her hair dry Dumbledore became visible.

He looked at Harry, “So how did you know?”

“Two reasons Albus, first I was here, and I was sure you’d wander in eventually.” He then looked Albus directly in the eye. “And having glasses can be highly beneficial, particularly since there are simple charms to correct vision, isn’t that right?”

Albus smiled. “You are correct Harry, how did you find out?”

“I always wondered why the most powerful wizard in our age still wore glasses, when a simple charm any fifth year student could do was available. Then it occurred to me, Mad Eye can see invisible things, whatever charm was placed on his eye could naturally be placed on anything else, like a pair of glasses. Finding the charm was actually rather easy, and now Albus, we are on even ground.”

Harry looked at a piece of parchment he had in his hands. “Here, is the new Marauder’s Map. I finished it last night.” He unfolded it, and tapped it with his wand, and whispered a phrase to the parchment. Lines crossed and spread, soon a map of Hogwarts rested in his hands. “And this places us on the final ground evening Albus. I have everything at my disposal you do, save one thing.”

Albus poured himself some tea. “And that would be Harry?”

“The castle.”

Albus paused a full heartbeat before drinking. He set the cup down, his mind racing. “I’m not sure I understand.”

Harry reached into his rucksack and pulled out a book, an old tome bound in silver and aged cracked leather. He flipped through the book a moment and handed the book to Albus. “I’ve copied down the pertinent information, so keeping the book has no real value to me.”

Harry could tell by Hermione’s look at the book she’d never seen it before. Her look was like a person dying of thirst, looking at a glass of water on the other side of unbreakable glass. “This book details the construction of Hogwarts. What could you have…” his voice died out as his eyes widened. “No, I refuse.”

“It really is the only way Albus; I’ll return control of the school to you once he’s dead.” Harry began to outline his plan of attack.

“It’s brilliant.” Ron said an hour later, the elves had long gone, and Dobby kept the supply of snacks and drink coming.

Albus sat chewing on his mustachio. “I need time to think about this Harry. The risks are more than great, you are risking literally everything.”

“And you think Voldemort will be kinder?”


Reviews 79
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear