Search:

SIYE Time:10:06 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


What The...?
By Lucritia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 16
Summary: Five years since Ginny left Hogwarts, she's been having a decent time. She broke off her doomed engagement with Colin Creevey and lives contentedly in a cottage. But what happens when someone she once loved returns to her? Fluffy, all right? Please read!
A/N: This was written 5 years ago...and my writing has definitely improved since this story! Please read with care. :P
Hitcount: Story Total: 13011



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I want to warn readers that this was written when I was 14 in 2003...and my writing has definitely improved since this story. Despite this being a novice work, I hope it holds some merit and you find some value in the time that you read it. :)




ChapterPrinter


There, the house was sparkling clean. Ginny brushed off her hands happily and pocketed her wand, pleased that she had finished her first cleaning spell. Since it was a small house, it didn’t take much effort to work: just the flick of a wand in a few rooms. To Ginny, having a small house was a relief after living for years in a huge house crammed with redheaded brothers.

“Now I can relax,” the young woman sighed contentedly, walking into her bedroom, which contained a lovely wooden shelf with all of her treasures.

Ginny often looked over her treasures…they were as precious to her as jewels were to a Malfoy. There was the engagement ring Colin had let her keep after she told him they just weren’t right for each other, as well as a lock of her own hair from when she was thirteen, when her hair was bright red instead of the darker red it was now. Also lying there was a stack of parchment, letters from friends and family, and a bunch of love letters from Colin when they were in the heat of their romance.

Suddenly, her eyes lit upon a framed picture. Her mouth almost dropped open as she saw the four people in it, waving and laughing. It was herself at fourteen years old along with Hermione and Ron (Hermione had her arm around the blushing Ron) and Harry, who was laughing and smiling next to Ginny.

Ginny still remembered the long ago feelings she had once had for the black haired boy. Now that he was famous and AWOL (no one had seen him since Ginny’s graduation, the year after Voldemort was defeated and Colin asked Ginny out), Harry Potter was actually far out of Ginny’s mind. She was too busy with her own comfortable life to waste any thoughts on Harry, the boy who had lived and left.

Yet, what was this strange feeling Ginny was having now?

The doorbell rang unexpectedly, sending Ginny up to her feet. She brushed back her hair and hurried towards it, expecting a customer who wanted a party catered or maybe Colin, come to spend a nice, friendly day with her.

But it wasn’t.

It was someone much different.

“What the…?” Ginny’s eyes stared up at the man who was now in front of her. He was taller than she was, leaning his lanky body against the door, and his green eyes, framed by his glasses, stared down at her. He was dressed in a blue dress shirt and black pants, and his black hair somehow shone, his bangs brushed away from his forehead in order to reveal a lightning bolt shaped scar. “H-Harry?”

“Hullo, Ginny,” Harry greeted, his voice deep and soothing, his British accent strangely comforting to Ginny, though she had heard so many speak with one, including herself. “It’s been a long time.”

Ginny nodded, afraid her mouth was going to drop open. Harry looked at her, smiled, and stood up straight, clearing his throat.

“Mind if I come in?” he asked, gazing at her with his intense green eyes.

“No, not at all,” Ginny quickly replied, her heart racing. She straightened herself and stepped aside. “After you.”

Harry walked in, his eyes darting from her kitchen to her nicely furnished living room.

“Er, it’s rather small,” he commented shyly, sitting down in a wooden chair at the table.

“I like it that way,” Ginny smiled, taking out her wand and muttering a word. Soon, two steaming mugs of coffee appeared. “Coffee?”

“Yes, please,” agreed Harry, taking his mug in both hands. “So, Gin, how have you been? Still with Colin Creevey?”

Ginny giggled and shook her head. “He proposed, but I broke it off. We’re not meant for each other.”

Maybe it was her imagination, but Ginny could swear she saw a trace of a relieved smile on Harry’s lips as he sipped his coffee. He set the mug down and folded his hands, resting his chin on them and watching as Ginny sat down across from him.

“You’ve gotten prettier,” Harry complimented, grinning at her.

“Thank you.” Ginny suddenly quickened her voice pace. “But where on earth have you been? We’ve all been worried sick about you! Hermione and Ron are even postponing their wedding until they know you’re back and safe!”

“Ginny, calm down. I stopped by Ron’s place, and I know they’re ready to marry. In fact, the reason I found you was because of their directions,” Harry replied. “Ginny, I left you and the others because I needed time to think. I needed to think about what I wanted to do with my future besides being some hero who will soon vanish into the shadows. So I traveled all over the world, and I’ve decided that I want to be a writer.” He smiled widely. “Ginny, I’ve written a book. I came because…well, because I think you want to see it.”

“I’d love to,” Ginny answered, watching as Harry pulled a small book from the bag he had been carrying with him and place it into her hands. “But, how long is it?”

“Not that long,” Harry assured her. “In fact, it’s just a book of short stories I’ve written. Read the dedication. That’s all I want you to see for now.”

Ginny read, her surprise growing with every word…

"I never knew I would fall for her. She had always been my friend, helping me when I needed it, and now, as I write this book, all my thoughts are of her. She is the reason I still write, knowing in a while, I’ll see her again, and be able to play with her fiery hair and tell her how I feel. Ginny Weasley, this is for you."

“Harry, I…I don’t know what to say…” Don’t cry. “Harry…”

“Ginny. I love you.” Harry’s green eyes gently looked into hers. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Harry. I always have. I always will.” Ginny didn’t know why the words were tumbling out, but she knew that if she didn’t say them, she’d probably burst into tears.

Before she knew it, Harry’s lips were on hers, caressing them and capturing them in their passion. The two were soon kissing as if there were no tomorrow, that they were just fourteen and fifteen again, two innocent teenagers in school.

“Ginny,” Harry started when the two broke it, “may I stay here? With you?”

“What the…?” Ginny thought, but then she knew, finally knew, her dreams were coming true. “Yes, Harry. Yes.”
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear