Search:

SIYE Time:23:01 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Moving On
By Ashlyn Alexander

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Tragedy, Drama, Songfic
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 12
Summary: This is a one shot songfic from the point of view of Harry and Ginny's daughter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3910







ChapterPrinter


Moving On


This song is by Evanscence. I’ve changed it a bit to fit in with the story.

I own only what you are not familiar with.




A 16 year old dark haired, hazel eyes girl peered around the curtain nervously. The crowd was loud and more people were stopping. Farren gazed out at the crowd, spotting her friends, all of whom had no idea that she was about to step out onto the conjured stage after the next person was done. Her stomach twisted with knots and she got the distinct feeling that she was going to be sick.

She mentally berated herself before her thoughts broke out into words. “What was I thinking? I can’t do this. I can’t get out there and do this.” Farren continued her rant against herself. She paced back and forth in the seclusion of the shadows attempting to calm herself. “Breath. Just breath,” she told herself.

“Ren?”

Farren whirled around at the sound of the familiar voice. Just outside of the shadows stood Cannon. He stepped silently into her safe haven and gave her an encouraging smile. Farren felt her nerves melt away and she returned the smile with a small one of her own. “What’s wrong?” he asked. Tears filled her eyes as she replied, “I don’t know if I can do this, Cannon. I don’t think I can.” Cannon wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on the forehead. He then cupped both sides of her face with his hands and forced her to look into his eyes. “I know you can. You want to know why? Because you are a strong person who does everything she sets her mind too. You put others in front of yourself without regard to your feelings or if it will hurt you. Just like your father. Just like he did for you. He gave his life so that you could have yours. You told me that this is your gift back to him. He wanted you see you complete all of your dreams and this is the next one on your list. You’ve dreamed of singing and now you are going to complete that dream for him. Isn’t that what you want?” he asked. Tears fell freely down Farren’s face as she nodded. Cannon nodded, using his thumbs to wipe the tears from her cheeks. He leaned forward and brushed his lips over hers. “Then get out there and sing for him,” he encouraged.

The boy who had been on stage had just came around the curtain. Loud applause sounded behind him. Cannon took her hands and led her out of the shadow and to the curtain. He brushed a stray hair away from her face and gave her another smile. Farren closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Cannon leaned his head into hers until their brows were touching. In a whispering breath they both began, “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams, wandering by lone sea-breakers, and sitting by desolate streams.” As the last word flowed from their mouths Farrren’s name was hear called out. Cannon leaned in and kissed her one more time before gently pushing her toward the curtain opening.

Farren looked back over her shoulder to see Cannon, who gave her a gently smile. She took a deep breath and whispered to herself as a reminder, “It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” She then stepped onto the stage.








The red head appeared just inside the door. “Good morning Madame,” said a familiar voice with a French accent. Ginny flashed a small smile at the man who greeted her every morning.

“Good morning David.”

“I heard your daughter in the running for head girl. And isn’t little Eli going to be starting Hogwarts in the fall?” he asked.

Ginny couldn’t help but smile, “Yes to both. We are-” she stopped short as she caught herself, “I. I am so proud of Farren and Eli. Ren is doing so well in school. I can only imagine what she will want to do next.”

David smiled knowingly at her and waved as Ginny gave a small waved and set off.



Ginny walked up four stairs and pushed a button on the wall. Moments later the door opened to reveal a semi full lift. Ginny smiled politely at several of the occupants and stepped through the door. With a start the lift began to descend. With every stop more people got off until it was only Ginny left. At last the lift stopped as a floor and the voice said, “Long term.”

Ginny stepped off the lift and walked down the hallway. “Morning Mrs. Potter,” several nurses greeted her. Ginny passed numerous rooms, each home to different people. Room 921 was the home to Gilderoy Lockhart. Neville Longbottom’s parents resided in room 924. Others she had known were also found in several rooms. Members of her year at Hogwarts like Kyan, Nelson, Colin, Abryn, and Elisha. All of whom had been in the hospital since the final battle. She had lost many beloved friends in that battle.

The last door down the hall caused her to stop. Just as it did every other day she came. Room 936. Inside that room was the one thing that caused her heart to break every time she thought about it. Breathing deeply, Ginny touched her hand to the door, waiting for it to recognize her. She heard a click as the door unlocked and turned the handle.

The air inside the room was still and slightly chilled. Ginny cast a warming charm on the room and she instantly felt the air warm. Ginny bustled around avoiding looking at the bed. She opened the curtain to reveal the simulated sky before finally turning to the bed. The crisp, stark white sheets contrasted terribly with the raven hair that was sprawled across it. Ginny sat on the bed and brushed the hair back. His skin looked paler than the day before. Ginny noticed his breaths were smaller and farther apart. She gently placed two fingers on his neck and felt a faint pulse that she noticed was also slower than the previous day. Tears instantly formed in her eyes. “Oh Harry,” she started but was choked when a sob racked her body. Giving into the tears Ginny buried her head into Harry’s chest and cried herself to sleep.

As she slept she dreamt of many years ago.




“Look at Weasley go! Ow that one hurt! Don’t get in her way there boys! AND SHE SCORRRRES!!!!

The crowd cheered loudly and many scarlet and gold flags waved wildly.

“WHOA!!! Watch out there Weasley!! Potter and Malfoy have spotted the snitch and they are heading straight for it. If Weasley doesn’t et out of the way they will move her!!”

Ginny’s head shot up and she saw Harry heading straight for her along with Malfoy. Malfoy’s attention was solely on the snitch, thus he didn’t notice the look Harry and Ginny exchanged. Just before the two would have plowed into her Ginny rolled over on her broom so that she hung by her hands and one leg, which was wrapped securely around her broom handle. Malfoy wasn’t expecting this and pulled up slightly causing his to catch the tail of Ginny’s broom. This slight hesitation gave Harry the advantage he needed and his hand closed around the snitch. Harry’s celebration didn’t come as he pulled up. He saw Ginny hanging from her broom by one hand, obviously having been knocked off by the collision with Malfoy.

Still clutching the snitch Harry reached Ginny and held a hand out to her. Ginny looked unworried and grinned broadly as she took Harry’s hand. Harry pulled his broom up slightly to give Ginny an easier time of getting back on her broom. Ginny nimbly swung her leg over the handle and whooped loudly along with the rest of the crowd. The rest of the team could be heard chanting loudly and holding the Cup. Ginny realized Harry had never released her hand and she looked at him to find him watching her. Ginny smiled at him and opened her mouth to say something when he caught her off guard by kissing her. Ginny was motionless for a moment, in shock. She then kissed him back.

They were tore from their kiss by the rest of the team slamming into them with the force of a herd of hippogriffs. Ginny leaned into Harry and laid her head on his shoulder while they all celebrated while still hovering some 50 feet above the pitch ground.





“Everyone give it up for Farren Potter!!!” the announcer called out when he stopped Farren step onto the stage. A weak smile graced Farren’s pale face and she looked back to the curtain to see Cannon nod at her.

She made her way to the center of the stage, ignoring the calls from her friends, and waited for the music to start.

Softly, the opening lyrics began. Farren closed her eyes and let herself get lost in the music. She opened her mouth and the words began to flow.

“I’m so tired of being here.
Suppressed by all my childish fears.”

By this time everyone was silent. They all knew what she was singing about.

“And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won’t leave me alone

These wounds won’t seem to heal
This pain is just to real
There’s just so much that time can not erase

When I cried you’d wiped away all of my tears
When I’d screamed you’d fight away all of my fears
You held my hand through all of those years
And you still have....All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I’m bound be the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won’t seem to heal
This pain is just to real
There’s just to much that time can not erase

When I cried you’d wiped away all of my tears
When I’d screamed you’d fight away all of my fears
You held my hand through all of those years
And you still have....All of me

I’ve tried so hard to tell myself that your gone
But though you’re still with me
I’ve been alone all along.

When I cried you’d wiped away all of my tears
When I’d screamed you’d fight away all of my fears
You held my hand through all of those years
And you still have....All of me”


Just before the last note ended Farren felt her voice break. Her throat was choked up and she had to raise her hand to cover her eyes. Several people started to clap in the crowd but Farrren didn’t hear any of it. She had just felt a large weight lift from her shoulders but it was replaced by searing pain in her chest. Cannon sensed her distress and slipped onto the stage and to her side.

“Come on, you did it. Let’s get you off the stage. What’s wrong?” Cannon asked her as he ushered her back into the shadows. Farren was hyperventilating. “It hurts-so bad. I-felt it. Some-Something’s-wrong. Cannon-I need-to get there,” she cried.

Cannon looked at her confused, “Ren I don’t know what you mean. Where do you need to go?”

Farren only said one word, “Dad.”

Cannon understood instantly. He wrapped one arm around her limp body and helped her to walk. They made it down the steps and began the trek down the street to WWW. Cannon pushed the door open with his elbow and lead Farren inside. Fred walked through the store room door laughing until he saw the state of his niece. “Farren what’s wrong? George floo Hogwarts! Cannon what happened to her?” Cannon explained everything to Fred. This cause Fred to grab the floo powder and usher the two to the fireplace. He threw in a handful of the powder into the flames and called out “Mungos!” As the word left his mouth be pushed Cannon and Farren into the flames. As they disappeared George entered the room and he and Fred quickly followed the teens.

Farren regained her balance once her and Cannon had fell through the Mungo’s grate. She broke into a run, ignoring David’s greeting and leaving Cannon behind. Cannon looked around wildly before running after her.

Farren’s raven hair whipped behind her as she raced to the door for the stairs and the lift. Not wanting to wait for the lift she slammed into the door for the stairs and flew down them. Cannon soon followed her followed by Fred and George.

At last Farren got to the door she wanted and pushed the door open hard enough to make it bounce off the wall and closed again. Cannon, Fred, and George followed. Once again, Farren ignored the words of greeting by the nurses. She stopped only when she reached room 936 she slowed. Inside she could hear the sobs of her mother. Farren lifted a shaking hand and touched the door just as the others caught up to her. The door unlocked and opened.

Farren was met with yet another sight she would never forget. On the bed next to her father sat her mother, the strongest person she had ever known, crying. Farren had never seen her mum cry before. At that she knew that what she felt earlier wasn’t nothing. It was the moment she had hoped for and yet dreaded all for many years. And yet she didn’t feel any better. She thought she would. Farren had prepared herself for this day, she had known it would come sooner or later. At least she thought she had prepared herself for it.



At the sound of the door being opened Ginny raised her head. There stood her daughter, Farren, along with her boyfriend and the twins. Ginny couldn’t stop her sobs at the sight of her daughter’s face, which looked identical to her father’s. Ginny looked into Farren’s eyes and nodded. Farren closed her eyes and winced as if that simple action had pierced her heart.

The five stood in silence.





Farren smiled widely and walked to the front of the Great Hall. Professor Dumbledore had just announced the student who graduated with the highest honors. Dumbledore hugged her before he stepped aside, giving her freedom to talk.

Farren thought back to her speech she had prepared and threw the idea out the window. She saw Cannon sitting next to her empty seat, smiling. Taking a deep breath she addressed the students.

“Today we start a new beginning. We close the door on our childhood. We have all lived in a time in which we were in constant fear. Today, we enter the wizarding world as adults and we no longer have to live with that fear. We now have the freedom, pure bloods and muggle borns alike, to live as one group, without the free of Voldemort.

“I want to take this time to thank some of you. Those of you who have been there for my brother and I. We thank you. I wanted to read to you a muggle poem that expressed how we feel. And even though it has been just over a year this holds true.

“Don’t talk to me yet;
the wound is fresh,
the nauseous pain
I can’t forget
fades into numbness
like a wave
then comes again.
Your tears I understand,
But grief is deaf;
It cannot hear the words
you gently planned
and tried to say.
But...
Pray...”

Farren cleared her throat before she continued, “It doesn’t matter who our father was. What matters is what we remember him to be. I dedicate all I have accomplished to my father. He is my motivation behind all that I do. It is my promises I mad to him that keep me going. A friend of mine once told me that I am just like my father. I have a tendency to put others before me, even if that means that I will be hurt. I ignore my own feelings. He also told me that I am a strong person who completes everything I set my mind to. I hope that this stays true. I never want to give up. Just as I hope all of you never give up on your dreams. Just as he said I have dreamed big and achieved those dreams as a gift to my father. Who gave his life to protect me. You all know that Eli and I are the children of Harry Potter. What you don’t know is that the reason he is no longer here is because of me. My father lost his soul in order to save mine. He gave his all to me in order to protect me from dementers. Therefore he is my driving force.

“I leave you with these words. My father used to tell me this every time I lose my faith in dreams. He would say, ‘We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams, wandering by lone sea-breakers, and sitting by desolate streams.’

“Thank you. And I wish you all the best of luck with your futures. And always remember. We are the dreamers of dreams.”


Farren bowed her head and stepped back down to her seat next to Cannon. Professor Dumbledore stood and dismissed the Great Hall. Farren stayed seated and looked up to the twinkling sky and whispered, “I love you Daddy.” One star shone bright for a moment before it went back to normal. Farren smiled up at it and stood. Cannon held his hand out to her. She took it and together they walked out of the Great Hall for the final time.

They were done with Hogwarts. Farren had reached all her dreams she had while she was at Hogwarts. Now it was her time to go out into the world and begin striving for her dreams in the adult world.
Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear