Search:

SIYE Time:2:23 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time Enough for Yesterday
By Mirloc

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy, Drama, General
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 26
Summary: Life is never fair, Ginny knows this all too well. But after suffering for years, a gift from a long dead Harry Potter changes everything, and she's decided it's time for her to correct past injustices, and damn all the costs.
Hitcount: Story Total: 17970; Chapter Total: 3739







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Time Enough For Yesterday

Waking from her chat with Harry, she padded to the kitchen being careful not to wake Neville. She clutched the diary in her hand and drank the hot cocoa, savoring the taste. An hours worth of reflection later, Ginny curled up on the couch and fell asleep.

She opened her eyes and found herself in the dark, someone had their hands playfully over her eyes, and from the scent she knew it was Harry, and that’s all that mattered for now.

He removed his hands and whispered in her ear. “Surprise.”

With a slight shock Ginny realized they were in the cabin before the wards were up, it did not have the cozy, comfortable feeling of a safe home, and rather it was more of an empty shell.

“Ugh I had forgotten that horrible color!” she giggled out, and then slapped a hand over her mouth. The walls were as Ron would so ineloquently say the next day when the couple brought him and Hermione to see it. “Puke Green.”

Harry looked at her oddly. “Pardon?”

“I — well just look at it that is just a nasty color of green.” Ginny said fumbling for an appropriate lie.

“Well, I thought it went well with my eyes…”

She wheeled on him to see the smirk on his face, and barely held in laughter in his eyes. She hugged him close savoring the feel. “Oh it’s perfect Harry.”

“Well, let’s go upstairs and I’ll show you the bedrooms.” He winked at her, and she felt her insides go all fluttery. They walked hand in hand through the house, Harry pointing out their bedroom, and the other rooms for children, his den, and where they would hang pictures.

Ginny listened to him and knew he had pretty much described the house she had been living in since… Zach? Neville? Three boys… no one boy, and a girl Megan… Yes, that’s right Megan. She’s the key. Ginny’s hand moved to her round belly and rubbed it softly.

Harry smiled warmly. “So he’s playing in there?” He leaned over so his mouth was only inches from her belly. “You’ll have to come out soon, there’s only room enough in there for one of us, and I had first dibs.”

Ginny swatted him “Harry James! There is no need to be vulgar! Besides, it’s a girl.”

Harry smiled and nodded. “Sure Gin.” His tone showed he was totally unconvinced.

“You are a major git, you know that? You and my thick brother were made for each other.” She huffed, once again allowing the youthful hormones to cover up her slip up.

“I’m sorry Love, I was just teasing. Besides there was room enough for me last night.” He kissed her neck sending a very pleasurable shock through her system.

“Alright, you are forgiven, just stop being so insensitive.” She threaded her fingers though his and they began discussing paint colors and carpeting and drapes. Through it all Harry kept a mostly serious look on his face nodding and taking all of it in.

They lunched on a picnic basket he had left in the kitchen, sandwiches, cold chicken and juice became their first meal in their house. Ginny grinned the whole time. Just after lunch her stomach gave a funny twist, and she rushed for the bathroom, as she knelt down the twist became a pull, and she woke up in on the couch.

“Damn it!” she swore, and snuggled back into the blanket her mother had sewn for Harry and her for their first Christmas together. It was comfortable, and filled with down, and warm, and Harry loved it so much…

Her eyes shot open. Harry never saw this blanket… Memories washed over her again bringing the headache Harry being a royal prat on Christmas, hanging ornaments and lights at every part of the house that would support them, Ginny scolding him for being careless.

She jumped off the couch and fled to the bedroom finding it empty. Her mind reeled again, sickness not completely unlike morning sickness, but that wasn’t it, she wasn’t pregnant…

Harry’s funeral "Dammit not again!" She screamed in agony. It had been years after Voldemorts defeat. Malfoy had been right, another would rise, nature abhors a vacuum, and apparently the world abhors a world without some tosser wanting to screw things up for the world.

He was at Kings Cross, in his uniform of the M.L.E. joking with Ron… Oh god, no! Not Ron! The attack had been planned to make a statement. Ron Weasley, Harry Potter, Megan Potter, Hermione Weasley were all dead. Ginny hadn’t been there because their son, James had taken ill. The illness had never let up. James was buried next to his father and sister a month later.

Ginny stumbled downstairs this was an occasion for a little extra in her cocoa. With hands shaking worse than before, she made the cocoa, and slipped in a generous ‘glug’ of firewhiskey.

She drank her cocoa and watched out in the garden, a gentle wind was making the plants and trees sway in the blood red dawn light. Red skies in the morning, sailors take warning… Her mother used to spout sayings like those until Ginny had been driven nearly mad. After all, weren’t they witches and wizards? Shouldn’t they just cast a spell and find out the weather?

The day dawned, and Ginny wearily made her way to the den, to extract the conflicting memories, and to consult Harry’s journal.

Several hours later she stared into space, the conversation with a seventeen year old boy had been more or less what she had expected. He was of course no help. He tried, he really did, but Harry at seventeen was certainly no Hermione Weasley. No, this one she had to work out on her own.

Her back complained as she stood and stretched. Muscled aching, and joints complaining. She fancied a nap just then, and banishing the dishes to the kitchen caused her mother’s voice to be summoned again. Hard work is good for the soul. Magic is not the answer to everything. No, but it sure as hell made life easier.

She curled up on the soft leather sofa Harry had picked out and covered with the blanket her mother had given them, and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Harry was waiting for her again. “Welcome back dear.” He smiled his crooked smile at her.

“Mmmm. You know your diary isn’t a whole lot of help.”

“What do you expect from him? He hasn’t even defeated Voldemort.” Harry asked he was balancing his wand on the palm of his hand.

“That would be more impressive if you used the pointy end.” Ginny said watching him. His concentration suddenly lost, and he dropped the wand.

“Yes, well…” Harry stooped and picked up the wand. “I am sure you didn’t come here to watch me balance my wand…”

Ginny’s eyes took on a mischievous glint. “Oh really?”

Harry seemed a bit uncomfortable. “Erm, yeah… Ah so the plan of yours is to continue then I take it?”

“Unless you can give me a damn good reason not to.” The glint left and she glared frostily at him.

Harry nodded. “You were always headstrong. It’s one of your more endearing assets.”

Ginny snorted. “You never said that before, I believe you had your mind on other assets.”

“That’s not fair, you weren’t clothed.” Harry looked uncomfortable again. “Look, we are not here to discuss our love life, or lack thereof. I need to ask you one more time if you are certain of the path you trod. You have lost everything Love, and I don’t want to see you hurt.”

Ginny put on her strong face and nodded to Harry, not daring to speak just yet.

“You know you still have more to lose…” He said cautiously, looking down at his hands. “I’d… I would never live with myself knowing you had done all this only to lose yourself in the process.”

She placed a hand under his chin. “Until I met you Harry Potter I was enveloped in a warm, loving family. Then you made me alive. I can’t live without you.”

He nodded. “So we understand one another then?”

She rubbed her thumb against the cool skin of his cheek. “Yes. It’s all or nothing. Either both of us make it or neither of us.”

Harry stood. “It’s time I’m off, and you wake up.” He faded away his eyes looking at her with profound sadness in them.
Reviews 26
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear