Search:

SIYE Time:1:06 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Time Enough for Yesterday
By Mirloc

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Comedy, Fluff, Humor, Tragedy, Drama, General
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 26
Summary: Life is never fair, Ginny knows this all too well. But after suffering for years, a gift from a long dead Harry Potter changes everything, and she's decided it's time for her to correct past injustices, and damn all the costs.
Hitcount: Story Total: 17905; Chapter Total: 4042







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Time Enough For Yesterday

Ginny Potter woke to another of the headaches; memories stacked one atop the other, making it difficult to navigate to the Pensive. After several attempts she finally got the disturbing memories out and into the silvery pool, and sat back in the soft leather chair and snuggled in.

The chair had been a gift from her mum to Harry when he graduated from the Auror Academy. He had loved it so much he had insisted on picking out a whole living room set to match ‘his’ chair.

Ginny’s eyes flitted around the empty room and to pictures of her young, and happy. Weariness overtook her, a deep sadness that threatened her resolve in the matter of her trying to save Harry.

Perhaps Harry had been right, she had lovely memories of a husband, and children. That should be enough for anyone.

“NO!” she shouted, her voice echoing around the room. “It’s bloody well not enough! I’m a Potter damn it! I make the rules!”

She stood and grabbing the diary of Harry threw it into the fireplace savagely. “If I can’t have the real thing, I bloody well don’t want you!” She began pacing the room, looking more and more like some feral animal all the time. Her hands clutching and releasing in a random pattern as she stalked the house.

“There has to be something.” Her eyes were drawn to his study, and she bolted up the stairs, flinging the door open she started at one end and systematically tore through the room, convinced whatever it was she needed was somewhere in his books or notes.

After several hours she sat amidst a pile of books and papers triumphantly clutching a small notebook, the one he carried with him she memorized the last few pages. And committing them to memory dashed to the comfort of the couch, and a sip of the sleeping draft.

She woke in a four-poster bed that could only be one place. Beside her, Harry lay sleeping. She carefully got up and walked to a table, and wrote Harry a rather lengthy letter, detailing everything, every last bit including the war as she remembered it, the fight at King’s Cross, and his own notes.

As she finished, he stirred. “Morning.” He mumbled and stumbled into the bathroom, only to return fifteen minutes later to find Ginny asleep, and a small stack of papers written in her own hand drafting out the next eleven years of his life.

He sat at the table and looked at his young wife. In a small basinet, lay their daughter Megan. He pondered not only the scene before him, but certain events that he had been observing over this last year. At times Ginny seemed older, wiser, confidence that he knew was there, but was buried so deep in her, and while she seemed to remember all of their conversations, she seemed oddly reticent to discuss certain events, and times.

Then it came to him. She had found the research that Harry and Hermione had found, and he thought buried. He taped the quill Ginny had used against the parchment, and frowning considered telling Hermione and Ron. It did after all concern them.

A soft knock at the door and roused Harry. He opened the door and Hermione stepped in. “Truly sorry Harry, but I needed to talk to you about something, er privately.”

Harry nodded, and walking back to the table gathered up the stack of parchment and folding them placed them into his pocket, he followed Hermione into the hallway and to her room.

“Head girl has its perks.” He teased.

Hermione glared at him. Harry held up a pair of Ron’s boxers, and her face went scarlet. “He, erm changed after a practice…”

“Practicing what exactly?”

Hermione’s mouth worked slowly, but then she steeled herself and tossed a couple pieces of parchment down on the desk. “Read that.”

Harry read less than two lines and withdrew an identical set of parchments from inside his robes. Hermione’s face paled. “Harry, we have to destroy this! It’s against the law. She’ll go to Azkaban for a very, very long time! I mean this is breaking at least thirteen laws that I know of Harry!”

Harry placed his hand on her shoulder. “I know, and that is exactly why we are going to do this…” His wand was pointed to her forehead. “Obliviate.” While she was still dazed, Harry gathered the parchment up and placed them in his pocket. Smiling he sat opposite Hermione. “Feeling ok? Or did Ron keep you up too late last night?” He dropped the boxers on the desk between them.

After a few minutes of teasing, Harry left the Head Girls room and headed to his old dorm. Ron was still asleep, an owl sat on the headboard with a bundle of parchment. He coaxed it over and unburdened it, and slipped out of the room, with all the known copies of Ginny’s confessions in his possession.

He entered the Head Boy’s room and fed each page deliberately into the fire. Then, he meditated, filing the images of the papers contents away for the time being, but preserving the contents for him to review. Occlumancy had finally paid off big time. Smiling he crawled under the covers with his wife, and rested watching her face. Inside a resolve settled in him, and with that resolve he drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Ginny Potter awoke in Harry’s chair, a quilt tucked around her, and a heavy storm thundering outside. The fire in the fireplace burned warmly, and for the first time in a long time Ginny didn’t wake feeling nauseous.

She rose and entered the kitchen, Dobby was there. “Breakfast Miss Potter?” He asked.

Ginny nodded, and sank into the chair to sip her morning tea. She ate quietly, and then headed upstairs, and dug in her closet for clothing for the day. The storm showed no signs of letting up, so she figured she’d spend the day puttering about the house frustrating Dobby to no end doing housework.

Just before noon the fireplace flared to life. “Ginny?” Hermione’s voice called out. Relieved to hear her friend she walked over to the fire. “Oh good, there you are. I was about to call for Dobby. Look could you pop over? Mark and Matt were going at it, and Mark won’t stop teasing Matt…”

Ginny nodded mutely. She grabbed a cloak and stepped into the flame shooting off to Hermione and Ron’s house.

Mark Potter sat in the corner of the house of his Aunt and Uncle attempting to stare a hole in the wall when he heard his mother agree to come over.

“Mum, Aunt Hermione is being totally unfair! I swear it was Matt this time.” He announced as Ginny appeared in the fireplace.

Matt Weasley stood over his cousin. “You fat liar! You started it all!”

Ginny sighed. They always did this, ever since first year, and that whole incident with Peeves… Ginny shook her head. First year? Incident with Peeves?

“This is going to sound very odd Hermione, but was Harry here?” She asked shakily.

Hermione looked at her and sighed. “Of course he was just ten minutes ago he and Ron had lunch here and headed back into work, though Merlin only knows what they are going to do in this weather. By the way, Megan went over to the Thomas's after dropping off Harry's Minion.” She gestured to Mark.

Harry wasn’t an Auror, he and Ron had joined the Canons they played professional Quidditch! They hadn’t been at Kings Cross! Without another word she vanished with a pop and appeared in the Apparation booth of the Canons Coliseum. And elderly wizard in the red robes of the Canons smiled warmly at her.

“Miss Potter, what a unique pleasure my dear. Harry and Ron are just inside, you couldn’t have missed them by much more than a ten minutes.” He waved her on, and she bolted into the empty stadium and into the dressing room.

“HEY NOW!” Ron yelled. “You can’t just come in here you know, we could be indecent!”

Ginny laughed, “When are any of you decent?”

Harry stepped from the showers, and Ginny’s heart threatened to beat its way out of her chest. She leapt into his arms and kissed him deeply.

Smiling Harry let her down. “Well, I think I’ll let you have a lie in in my chair more often. We've been released from practice for teh afternoon.” He kissed her again.

“Oi get your hands off my sister!” Ron threw a wet towel at the pair.

Laughing Harry caught it, and threw it back. “Alright, hey Ron, could you guys keep an eye on the kids for a little bit?”

Ron threw the towel back. “Fine, just don’t tell me what happens.”

Harry and Ginny Apparated home, and setting at the table, Ginny spilled her story to Harry, how she had broken the laws, and rules to make sure he came back to her. As the story came to a close she got an odd look on her face. “So what about Ron and Hermione, they don’t know, do they?”

“No, I got Ron’s letter before he woke up and Obliviated Hermione, and then destroyed all the copies of the notes. The only ones who know are you and I.”

The memories came back, hours and hours of occulmancy lessons with Harry to bury the memories of her alterations to the time line.

“Now, Mrs. Potter, have you mucked with time enough for your satisfaction?” Harry asked pouring them both some tea.

“Yes, I believe so Mr. Potter.” She sat her cup down and frowned. “Wait one bloody damn minute!”

Harry looked over at her. “Yes?”

“You set me up!” Her eyes went wide. “Why the hell didn’t I see this until now? You knew what sending presents to me like that would do to any man who wasn’t you! You knew!”

“You told me.” He simply shrugged. “So I did what I had to do. It’s not my fault you did more than you were supposed to.”

“You didn’t leave just the right set of books in you personal library that would allow me to travel back into time?”

“Well of course I did.” Harry looked at her almost crossly. “You had to come back you know.”

“The presents?” She asked.

“Oh, you had said in your letter that I had sent you all those things, that was actually easier than getting those books, I’ll have you know a hefty share of the Black fortune is in those books, and the time it took to research exactly the volumes you’d need, and to ‘accidentally’ leave the notes for you to find…” He sat back and smugly drank his tea.

“So does this mean I get Oblivated too?” She asked warily.

“Oh hell no, that’s why we spent so much time on occulmancy. No, you get to keep all that.” He grabbed her hand. “Now, let’s make use of some free time.”


Author Notes:
I'd like to thank everyone who responded. As many of you have figured out, I complete the stories before I post them, and recently I've gone through a bit of a slump, and just as I was touching up this story, another plot hit me. I've been working on that one almost exclusively. Thus the kind of weak ending to this story, and a burning desire to apologize to all of you. :)

Mirloc
Reviews 26
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear