Search:

SIYE Time:11:11 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Through it All
By Ima Quidditch Fan

- Text Size +

Category: End-of-Term Challenge (2004-2)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 18
Summary: Harry fights through his fear, emotion, Voldemort, and celebration to get to the right place in his life... beside Ginny.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4156







ChapterPrinter


My first fanfiction. Whew! I hope you enjoy it. This is just for fun and I am not seeking or making any monies or even brownies. I do not own nor did I create the wonderful characters in the Harry Potter world. That was done by the brilliant JK Rowling. She owns them and a host of publishers and studios… et al. Be advised that I am writing this as I job hunt, so please don’t sue me I really only have this computer and a lot of bills!



Through it all-


Thunder rumbled in the distance and the dark clouds drifted through the sky. Harry felt the breeze cool on his skin. He took in a deep breath. It was fresh with whispers of rain on the horizon. Harry closed his eyes and tried to gather himself. It was over. He had finished it. Voldemort was gone and he, Harry had had been the conqueror.

During the Leaving Feast, his final night at Hogwarts, an eagle owl had dropped a package and a note in front of Harry. Everyone in the Great Hall had watched as the owl disrupted Dumbledore’s speech. A package and a Howler. The high pitched voice boomed through the hall and the students, as well as the teachers, listened horrorstruck at the demands Lord Voldemort made to Harry. It had said simply that Voldemort was waiting outside to kill Harry. Forces of dementors, giants, dragons, and other beasts of the night were positioned to take Hogwarts if Harry did not come alone to meet him.

As the Howler exploded into flames, Harry met the eyes across the table from him. Ron’s eyes and Hermione’s. There was no need for words as Harry looked from one to the other. As Harry stood to meet his fate. Ron stood determined that he would not go alone. Then Hermione joined him. Harry raised his hands to stop them and shook his head slowly. He would not, could not let them.

Slowly Harry noticed that other students were standing with him, and not just Gryffindors, but Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and even several Slytherins. The teachers stood. Dumbledore and McGonagall walked to him. Harry met Dumbledore’s piercing stare with one of his own. Again, there were no words said. None were needed. Harry could hear shuffling and small sobs filling the room, but every face he looked into was determined and hopeful. McGonagall reached for his hand and placed hers over his. Dumbledore placed a hand on his shoulder.

Harry took a deep breath and squeezed McGonagalls hand and gave a nod to Dumbledore. As he looked around the room he felt a rush of emotion and power. He could not fail them. Harry turned on his heel to leave the Great Hall not sure that he would ever see them again. Then Harry’s eyes rested on Ginny.

Ginny sitting quietly beside him. She was not standing. She was not looking into his eyes lending support. Her head was buried beneath her hands and rested on the table. Her long read hair hung in her face and around her shoulders. She was shaking violently with her silent sobbing.

He could hear Ron in his mind “Tell her how you feel, you daft prat! While there is still time.” There was no time. Time had run out for Harry. If only he had listened to Ron weeks ago when he had first broached the idea. Harry had been in love with Ginny for months, even years if he were honest with himself. Each time he thought he would tell her, he stopped. Voldemort would find out. He had to keep her safe. And what had it cost him? Life. Life with Ginny, the one thing he knew he could not live without.

It had happened so fast Harry barely had time to react, an explosion rocked the side of the Great Hall and fierce fighting could be heard outside. Harry steadied himself to go. He had to go, win or lose, this was his destiny. As he moved to go a small hand touched his. It was Ginny. Her head turned up and her tear filled eyes locked with his.

Quickly Harry dropped to his knees beside her, and took her into his arms. Love flowing through him. He would just make time. He had to let her know. He held her face in his hands and told her the words he had so longed to say. He heard gasps and fighting and more explosions, but like the water flowing over sand, he couldn’t stop the kiss.

He could feel it, love, and strength. He looked into her eyes and saw his future. He would not fail them, he would not fail her. He would come back to her. They stood together still in each others arms and energy filled the hall. Harry whispered to Ginny, “I will come back to you.”

“You’d better.” And with tear stained cheeks she gave him a wicked smile that he carried in the front of his mind.

Harry walked out of the hall and into the battle. Voldemort’s followers surrounded him as he walked through the fighting and Aurors and Order members surrounded them. Harry found Voldemort walking out of the Forbidden Forest very near Hagrid’s hut. Harry was gripping his wand so tightly that his knuckles where white. “You wanted to see me old man?”

“Yes, Harry Potter. It is time for you to die.” Voldemort’s red eyes burned into Harry’s.

“You can’t win you know. I won’t let you.” Harry felt a surge of strength rush through is veins. He pictured his friends, his family and Ginny’s smile… The future he had with Ginny. A phoenix sang in his ears and into his very soul. And before Voldemort could answer Harry dealt him a lethal blow.

He was not sure even now how he had done it, but it was over. It hadn’t been a killing curse or even a mind controlling fight. Harry’s heart had filled with emotions, friendship, loyalty, admiration, devotion, and love. And then his eyes, his mother’s eyes, were a conduit for the magical force. Voldemort burst into fire and then ash not to be reborn.

Lighting flashed and brought Harry back to the present. Tonks was hugging him and Order members were shouting. Aurors seemed to be gathering up Death Eaters and Harry could make out Charlie Weasely fighting with a dragon. Harry noticed that the dark creatures and giants were gone. Bill Weasely was clapping his back now, as words and motions slurred through the haze. Harry couldn’t hear properly or even take in the reality around him, and it struck Harry that he wanted, no, needed to find Ginny.

Rain started to pelt Harry’s face as he ran toward the castle. Stouts and cheers around him as he ran harder. He felt a stitch in his side, and looked up as students poured out of the castle doors. Bodies wrapped around him and yells of pure joy filled his ears. “You did it! You’re alive! He’s gone! We’re free!” Harry felt his body rise and on hundreds of hands he moved above the crowd into the castle foyer just outside the Great Hall. Bodies leapt into the air and whooping sounds cracked loader than the thunder. Singing and celebration all around, but Harry struggled to be rid of the crowd. He saw Hagrid and felt relieved to be let down to the ground. Dumbledore, McGonagall and Hagrid wore smiles and looks of pride on their faces. Every person Harry saw congratulated him and they had thanks and deep admiration in their eyes.

Harry could see red hair and felt a jolt hit him in the chest. It was Hermione and Ron. He clung to them as they all fell to the floor. “You did it You really did it!” The lump in Harry’s throat caught and it dawned on him that the war was over. No more nightmares, or deaths, or hiding. He could live! He would not have to worry about his friends, his family. “I love you” he said to his two best friends and held them close and sobbed freely.

It seemed everyone wanted to touch him. His hair, arms, shoulders felt pats or brushes and he could hear words of cheer as people mobbed Harry and his friends. Dumbledore’s booming voice announced a celebration and reminded the group that this was in fact, the leaving feast. “Come inside the Great Hall. There is much to celebrate.”

As the celebration began, Harry fought to control his emotions. He knew that Ron and Hermione would want the details, but he needed to find her. Such was the chaos that he felt frightened for her. He needed to make sure she was alright and that she understood he loved her. Hermione let him go and pointed up. Harry couldn’t hear the words she was saying, but he knew to go to Gryffindor tower. Ginny would be there.

His heart was racing and adrenaline pumped through every inch of him. He pulled away from Ron and stood to leave. “Where are you going? What are you doing? We have to celebrate. You defeated V-Voldemort!” Ron stared incredulously. “Ron, will you ever get a clue?” Hermione grabbed his arms so Harry could leave. “Thanks.’ He mouthed to her. Then he shot through the crowd to the stairs.

Harry flung himself around the corner as he reached the stairs. Remus Lupin stood staring at him. “Harry.” Choking back tears of joy. “You did it. James and. Lily. And Sirius. They would. We. We are all so proud. Of you. You… Harry. You are the most brave and. How did you do it Harry?” Harry closed his eyes and hoarsely replied “Remus, I need a minute. I want to talk with you, really I do, but.” I understand Harry, and Remus pulled him into a fatherly hug. He bit back unshed tears and with a whisper sent Harry on his way, “Go to her.”

Remus surveyed the crowd moving into the Great Hall, and spotting a vibrant purple headed Arour chuckled to himself as much as to his Marauder family watching over him, “Will I ever have a normal girlfriend?” He looked into her eyes, “Hey dipstick,” she said, “Come dance with me!” Remus willingly obliged. It was, after all a new day.

Harry flew up the stairs with speed he didn’t know he possessed, and at the portrait entrance Harry gave the password, “FIREBOLT”, and scrambled forward. The disgruntled Fat Lady smirked at her friend Violet and continued celebrating the Voldemort-free day.

To his disappointment the common room was empty. The noise from the celebration radiated up to Gryffidor tower. Harry walked to the great window and saw Wizard Wheezes fireworks shooting into the air. He could see the edge of the forest where he had defeated Voldemort, and for the second time the weight of what he had accomplished hit him. Still he couldn’t react. He couldn’t move on. Comprehension hadn’t begun to take him. He just wasn’t complete.

Harry sighed perhaps she wasn’t here at all, but was downstairs and a part of the impromptu celebration. He hung his head and resigned himself to go back to find her. Then he heard a sweet sound coming from the dormitory stairwell.

“Harry?”

His head jerked around, and he saw her. Through it all, he just wanted to get to this place. This was the beginning of the rest of his life, and he wanted it to start right now.
Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear