Search:

SIYE Time:9:08 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


My Front Porch Lookin In
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: Harry reflects on his life and how his wife changed him, gave him life, and how lucky he is to have and to hold her, and what beauty and happiness really are and how they are the simplest things in life like family, a few of his favorite memories remind him of that.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4908







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter or any of the characters except for the plot. I don’t own the song either, Lonestar does.

A/N: I hope this one is good please R&R; the song is called “My Front Porch Lookin In” by Lonestar….Enjoy J


After the war, and after Voldemort, it was then that I was fully able to appreciate life.
Ginny was the one who made it all worthwhile, after it was all over I found it easier to talk to Ginny, she had Voldemort in her head as well, she understood what it was like to sleep in fear if he came back, and to be haunted by him, eventually we washed away each other’s nightmares and set our souls free.
I have no idea when it started, all I knew was one morning I just had to talk to her, and over the next few days I opened up more, I felt more comfortable around her, she held me when I was lost, shut me up when I was being a git, and she loved me when I thought no-one else did.
But I was so grateful for her, she’s not the overly sweet-make you sick-corny type, but when she does something or says something affectionate…it’s really...cute.

The first time I realized I loved her was when I saw her dance, she was always a good dancer and music took up her whole life, she loves dance and R’n’B and Rock, her favorites are Britney Spears, Mis-Teeq and Black Lab, after Ginny went to Hermione’s for a fortnight she came back for a taste for Muggle artists, and even acquired a small stereo….
She was always dancing, Ron would tell me how good she was (and everyone else for that matter). Every time she walked, she’d sing and twirl or do something with her feet or hands, I never saw Ginny dance and I really wanted to, one day I got my wish.
The first time I saw Ginny dance was at school, I was walking back to Grffyindor tower and these girls in black pants and tops were walking further in front, one, I noticed had red hair, that shone gold in the sunlight, they walked right into the Great Hall, and a bunch of people (including myself) followed them in.

The tables were all moved to one side and a kind of dance floor was in the space. I shuffled past a few people to get to the front, the girls outnumbered the guys, most of the girls were there for the entertainment and to see the moves, the guys, well, you know why they were there, anyway, I had a good spot, I found Ron and Hermione chatting happily to one another, they both looked up and waved to me, I was about to wave back, but all the girls came out and took their places, the hall was immersed in applause and wolf whistles, another girl walked out and took her place right in front, I knew her.

It was Ginny.

The music started with a familiar sound, it was a really Indian sounding song, then a husky sounding voice came on and I knew that it was a Britney song, and Ginny’s favorite (because she played it all the time) she began to move before any one else

~*~*~*~
Ooo yea woo yeaaaa oo yea
The only ground I ever owned was stickin to my shoes
Now I look at my front porch in this panoramic view
I could sit and watch the field fill up with rays of golden sun
Or watch the moon lay on the fences like that’s where it was hung
~*~*~*~

I was completely blown away, the things that girl can do with her hips is unbelievable, the way she moved, it was so sexy, it was such a turn on, the audience appreciated it a lot, you could tell, when Ginny and the other girls finished the room was deafening with applause and other forms of appreciation, someone had written with their wand WAFE WICCA ROX in the air the letters flashing all different colors, Ginny smiled appreciatively at them, then she spoke, I didn’t hear what she said, I was still bewildered at how someone could move like that, a moment later, Ginny was the only on the floor, and again, my eyes didn’t leave her, I couldn’t believe anybody could be that beautiful, when I was finally able to peel my eyes away from her, I looked over to a beaming Ron, and in a way, I felt proud for them.
I later found out what WAFE WICCA meant, Water, Air, Fire, Earth and Wicca is a form of witchcraft that worships the earth, it’s the only witchcraft muggles understand and practice.

~*~*~*~
My investments are in front of me it’s not about the land
I’ll never beat the view
From my front porch looking in
~*~*~*~

During my last years at Hogwarts, Ginny and I became really close friends; I learnt that relationships get stronger when partners or friends expose their real selves, even if it’s something painful. The risk you take when you show a part of yourself builds trust, which adds to your connection. Ginny showed me that no matter what happened or who I became, she’d always be there for me and she’d always love me, and in the end, when it came to facing Voldemort for the last time, Ginny’s words were a matter of life and death for me, after all the taunts and having my strength drained from me, I remembered what Ginny said and I stood up and realized I did have something to live for, my mother died for my life, I had to rid the world of this monster, I had to see Ron and Hermione again, I had to see Ginny’s smile again, so I yelled that final curse to the snakelike face that haunted my dreams for 16 years, and it was over.

~*~*~*

One Sunday Ginny and I were walking around the castle, when it happened; some girls walked in front of Ginny and I and began giggling
“People are so rude.” I said
“Yeah and immature.” Ginny commented.
As we continued walking a whole bunch of girls started following us.
“Can’t have a private conversation in this place can we?” Ginny said.
“Obviously not!” I replied
I heard one of the girls behind me whisper.
“They’re going out.”
Ginny must’ve heard it too, because we both looked at each other and smiled, I knew this would be both fun and unpredictable, she looked at me and rather melodramatically said.
“I love you so much, Harry!!”
Even though it wasn’t real I felt so happy, like my life was complete, I also had to stop the laughter boiling in my stomach and stop the smile tugging my lips.
“Ginny, I love you too.” And she bounced into my arms and I carried her outside the castle, hearing the girls behind us gasping and saying “See, I told you so, I told you they were dating”
I set Ginny down on the ground outside and we both collapsed into the grass laughing, after we sobered up a bit, we sat and watched the sunset, Ginny’s head resting on my shoulder, we didn’t say a word, we were just so content, we didn’t need to speak.
It got darker and colder, so we headed inside, Ginny grabbed my arm and I turned to face her.
“You do know that as soon as we go back in there, everyone’s gonna think we are going out…”
“Yeah, and?”
“That doesn’t bother you?”
“Yes, it does!”
That didn’t mean to come out, Ginny looked at me puzzled.
“Why?”
The way Ginny looked at me I knew I couldn’t lie to her anymore, I had to bite the bullet and tell her
“We’ve been best friends for ages and I love being with you, I always want to be with you, you are like the best thing that’s happened to me….and it bothers me because I do want to go out with you…”
She just looked at me, dumbstruck no readable expression on her beautiful face.

Crap, what have I done?

And to make it worse, I continued.

“I like you heaps Gin, and I do want to be with you…if you feel the same way?”

She was hust still standing there looking at me…I blew it, she hates me, she is never gonna talk to me again, I’m dead, I’m done for….

And then she smiled.

Maybe I wasn’t doomed, but she still scared me.

A million things ran through my head at once, if we do date, what’s gonna happen when Ron finds out? Am I gonna be a good boyfriend? What do I do?

Ginny was still silent, that’s another question that ran through my mind. Is Ginny ever going to speak again?
I wanted to shake her to make say something.

Speak Ginny; you’re scaring me, SAY SOMETHING.

“Harry”

She spoke….uh-oh this cant be good

“Harry, you know how I feel…”

She’s gonna say no.

Oh brilliant plan Harry, way to get REJECTED!!
Shut up!!
Why did you even have to open your trap in the first place?

I braced myself for a NO.

“So if you’re asking me out…”

Here comes the NO!!
Sssssh! She’s still speaking
You’re gonna get rejected
Shut up!!
Here comes the no, its coming!!

“Then…yes, I’d love to be your girlfriend!!”

WHAT??!!
The no never came?
You did hear the right thing didn’t you??
Yeah, dumbass, I did

You wanna know what my reaction was?

I stood there like a complete idiot and gaped at her… then even more stupidly I found my voice.
“You did say yes, didn’t you?”
“Yes, I did!”

And still I stood there and gaped at her, it hadn’t sunk in yet that Ginny was now, my girlfriend.

I smiled.

“Harry…” Ginny said cautiously

“Say something you’re scaring me.”

I laughed a little.

You don’t know how long ago I was thinking the same about you.
Well shut up and say something.

Then it hit me, it sunk in.

“You’re my girlfriend?!”

Ohmigod, hey Casanova, could you think of anything more brilliantly stupid to say?

Ginny looked at me as if I was a complete idiot, she was probably right to do so, coz I am.

“Yeah”

I grabbed Ginny, hugged her and spun her around.
“What’s that for?” she giggled
“I’m so lucky, I can’t believe you’re my girlfriend”
“Get used to it” Ginny smiled.
“Believe me, I am”

I put my hand under her chin and guided her to my lips.

Holy shit, I’m kissing Ginny.

You think she can do things with her hips? She does the most amazing thing with her lips.

~*~*~*~
There’s a carrot top who can barely walk
With a sippy cup of milk
A lil blue eyed blonde with shoes on wrong cuz she likes to dress herself
And the most beautiful girl
Holdin both them
Yea the view I love the most is my front porch looking in
~*~*~*~

By the time we walked back into the great hall, everyone knew, they all stared and whispered, but I didn’t seem to care and neither did Ginny, eve the teachers knew, it spread like wildfire.

“Harry!”

I turned around to see Ron bounding up to me.

Oh no
Here comes trouble, Ha Ha
Shut up, I’m gonna get bashed
No you wont
How the hell would you know?
Because in case you haven’t noticed there’s a smile on his face and he just congratulated you.

“WHAT!!”

I said that a bit to loud

“I said congratulations, it’s about time you and my sister got together, geez you guys were more blind than me and Mione”

“At least we didn’t bicker all the time,” Ginny cheekily replied from beside me
“Hush up little Miss!” Ron said smiling as, much to Ginny’s annoyance, he ruffled her hair.

~*~*~*~

Ginny was always one step ahead of me, she always made me think, I’d think I’d know her inside and out, but then she’d go and do something that’d remind me I didn’t know her at all.
One of my favorite memories was when I realized I wanted to be with her forever. We had moved out of the Weasley household and we moved to Sydney, Australia to a little muggle suburb called ‘Castle Hill’. We brought a big house with a pool and tennis court, Ginny loved it, it was her little palace, she adapted well to the muggle lifestyle, soon she was so well adapted you could’ve swore she’d been a muggle her whole life….except for the times she used her wand, she even got a job at a muggle music store in the shopping center two streets from where we lived, (I got lost so many times looking for her store, the complex is massive).

It happened one night after we came back from clubbing in Parramatta, we were trying to get to sleep in bed and she cuddled up to me, my hand was playing with hers on the pillow, my other arm was slung loosely over her waist. We were talking about anything that came to mind, that’s when I knew I wanted to be with her forever, we were looking at each other our noses inches apart…

“This is nice being here with you!” Ginny said
“Mmm” I replied lazily
“This could last forever” Ginny said, yawning, about to fall asleep…she woke me

Do it, it’s perfect
NO!!
YES!!
Ok, Ginny please don’t fall asleep, not now, not yet

“I want it to!” my hand slid underneath my pillow.
“Hmm?” Ginny replied sleepily

Don’t fall asleep, Ginny
Not yet

“I want this to last forever, I want you to be with me forever” Ginny opened her eyes and I opened the box, she smiled.

“I want this to last forever as well” she said, and I placed the ring on her finger, and with our noses inches apart, our lips met.

~*~*~*~
Yea yea
I travel here and everywhere
Following my job
I’ve seen the paintings from the air
Brushed by the hand of God
The mountains and the canyons reach from sea to shining sea
But I cant wait to get back home to the woman he made for me
~*~*~*~

Two days later, after I came home from the ministry (yes there is one in Australia) Ginny was waiting outside for me.
“Hey” I said
“Hey” She was suppressing a smile
“What?!” I asked suspiciously
“Mum and Dad are here!”
“Yeah? How are they?”
“Ok, I guess, everyone else is here too, even Hermione!”
“What?” I said a little to forcefully
“Yep, they apparated just after you left this morning, I owled them to tell them what happened and they all came, I’m just warning you they could be loud and very curious about different things” Ginny finished
“I know, cant wait to see them all, hopefully your dad isn’t playing with the phone!” I joked; Ginny looked horrified and ran back inside, I followed her in laughing heartily.

“HARRY! CONGRATULATIONS!!” the room exploded
“Hello everyone!” I replied, Mrs. Weasley came over and wrapped me up in a hug
“So nice to see you dear! How have you been?” She always worried about her children which I loved, it showed she was a real mother, and I was one of her children….the “dark-haired” Weasley.
“I’m fine, I’ve missed you! How have you been coping!” I asked
“It’s a bit quiet in the house now, but very well” Mrs. Weasley replied with a smile, Ron came bounding over.
“Bloody hell mate —“
“RONALD, watch your language” Mrs. Weasley shrieked
“Sorry” Rona said sheepishly
“That’s better, excuse me for a second” She bustled over to the cooking on the stove
“You and Ginny have really cool Aussie accents” Ron smiled at me
“Thanks mate” I said.
“Hey Harry, congratulations!” Hermione said as she got up from where she was sitting and approached me
“Congratulations to you!” I said patting her bulging tummy, Ron and Hermione had been married twelve months ago, much to their, and, everyone else’s pleasure, and although everyone thought Hermione just had to much of her wedding cake, she only told everyone she was pregnant two months ago, shocking us all.
“How many months now?” I asked
“SEVEN!” Ron beamed, Hermione smiled at her husband’s eagerness.
“What’ll it be?”
“A BOY!” Ron said
“Geez Ron, if it turns out like you, thick-skulled and slow, I’ll harm you” Ginny said.
“It’ll have its mothers brains!” I said, as Ron started chasing Ginny, she squealed happily and ran around the kitchen, much to everyone’s amusement, Ron grabbed Ginny and they started play fighting, Ron tickling Ginny.
“Harry-Help!” She said in between gasps of breaths’
“Oh-no, I’m fine, by all means continue…” I laughed
“Harry…” Ginny broke free and hid behind me, Ron walked over to me and said to Ginny.
“Geez Gin, if your baby turns out like you, scared and cowardly, I’ll harm you”
Ginny’s mouth fell open, it was the only time she’d ever been speechless.
I laughed along with everyone else because it was now Ron’s turn to run.
“Dear brother” Ginny said, still chasing Ron
“Just hold still while I put a bat bogey hex on you”
“Fat chance” Ron yelled, after being yelled at by Mrs. Weasley they soon stopped. Dinner was excellent.
“Mrs. Weasley, that was excellent” I said
“Harry, dear, Mrs. Weasley sounds too formal, you’ve been part of our family since we met a confused little Harry Potter at Kings Cross station, why don’t you call me mum instead?” I looked at her, she must’ve thought she made a mistake or made me angry
“Harry, I’m sorry, if it offends you because of your own mother-“
“No, no, I was just so happy that you’d ask me to say that, of course I will, you’ve been practically a mother to me anyway…so Mum, dinner was excellent!” She smiled at me.

Sitting on the around the lounge room afterwards gave me the greatest feeling of what family was really like, it was amazing, I realized that no matter what I had a family, I watched Ginny in amazement, she was now sitting on a cushioned foot rest opposite Hermione, swinging a ring on a chain around her stomach, they were giggling with excitement.

“What are you doing?” Ron asked and everybody turned their attention to the girls.
“Seeing what sex your child is!” Ginny said
“It’s a boy! we already went through this!” Ron said, rolling his yes
“It’s a girl, you prat!” Ginny retorted
“No!”
“Yes, watch the ring” The ring was moving in an oval shape
“Doesn’t prove anything!” Ron replied defiantly
“Yes it does, it’s a muggle trick, that’s how they knew what a gender a child would be before it was born and most of them were 60% accurate” Hermione corrected Ron, who grinned cheekily at her
“I do it with my friends all the time” Ginny said, spinning the ring again, before I could stop myself, I blurted out.
“What’s our child gonna be Gin?”
Everyone went silent, Ginny’s brows furrowed in concentration.
“I don’t know, I haven’t had a child…” She looked up at me
“And…I’m not pregnant, and it’s the only way it works, but here’s to hoping for a girl!” She grinned at me, I could only smile back, you don’t know how much I wanted to take her upstairs and give her a little girl right there and then.
“Gin, it’s a boy! I don’t know why you’re doing this, see, the ring’s going funny”
Ginny and Hermione gaped at each other.
“Twins…” was all that escaped their lips and they started giggling, the ring was doing a figure eight
“It’s not twins, Gin, you’ve done it wrong!” Ron said
“I HAVE NOT!” Ginny got up and went to her mothers side, she rubbed the ring against her wrist, Ginny held it in the air and the ring made a figure eight over Mrs. Weasley’s wrist.
“’Mione, you’re destined for twins” Ginny said with finality in her voice.
“Yeah, your gonna get a prat and a princess!” Fred and George smirked and clapped Ron on the back.

The night rolled on and before we knew it dawn was approaching, finally at one o’clock, Mrs. Weasley shuffled us all off to bed. Mrs. Weasley made a few alterations to the rooms (except Ginny’s and mine of course) and all ploughed off to bed, sleep washing over us wave after wave after wave…
I went to sleep thinking how it’s so amazing what a family can find to talk about…

~*~*~*~
Cuz anywhere I’ll ever go and anywhere I’ve been
Nothin takes my breath away like my front porch looking in
~*~*~*~

A month later, Ginny and I were married, in a little, small outdoor wedding, it was in a botanical garden with lots of flowers (the way Ginny wanted it), she was wearing a simple ivory dress with a plunging neckline and low cut back, she had yellow flowers pinned in her hair, Ginny loved color and it was splashed everywhere, she held a bouquet of yellow flowers, I thought Ginny looked in everything she wore, she doesn’t go tot much trouble but looks naturally gorgeous in all she wears, but she was absolutely…..exquisite, there is no word that could possibly describe how angelically beautiful she looked, as soon as she walked towards me I knew I made the right decision to be with Ginny for the rest of my life. I knew I wanted to be with her and when I said those vows I promised I’d love her more than I’d know, I felt a tear slide down my cheek, Ginny noticed and smiled at me, this was what I had fought for my whole life, I defeated Voldemort for this, I had a family and I swear, even my parents were there.
Everything went with Ginny, the yellow matched her skin tone perfectly, same with the ivory. She was absolutely beautiful, but most of all she matched with me.

After the wedding we went back to England with the Weasley’s, it was so nice walking through the halls of Hogwarts, and laughing with Ginny about the time Ron and Hermione finally got together, and the tree where Ginny and I had our first kiss as a couple.
“You were pretty slow as well,” Ginny giggled
“Not as slow as Ron!” I replied
“True” she stated.
Seeing Dumbeldore again was brilliant we had so much to tell him and he congratulated Ginny and I on our marriage (unfortunately he couldn’t be there) we talked for ages…seeing the other the other Professors was wonderful as well…especially Snape, he was actually happy to see us and we had a long talk about the old days, I think students severely misunderstand him, he was polite and didn’t have that cold stare, or maybe because we were all adults and we respected each other.
Professor McGonagall gave Ginny and I a nasty shock when we stared kissing in the old corridors, thinking it was Mrs. Norris, Ginny and I forgot we were visitors, ran like we used to whenever that damn cat caught us jigging class, to spend “quality time” together. Turning a corridor we stopped, thinking that we lost the cat, when, Professor McGonagall came around the corner, slightly short of breath and smiling.
“You haven’t changed Potter! Just like old times!” I stared dumbfounded at her- I could feel Ginny beside me shuddering with laughter, only then did I realize that I wasn’t a student, but a visitor, and I was allowed to do that without getting in trouble, I began to feel my cheeks burn, Ginny laughed harder and Professor McGonagall chuckled.
“Nice to see you too, Potter”
I just looked from one woman to the other, when I finally realized what was going on, I laughed.
“Shut up already Gin!”
I laughed at her, on the floor holding her sides, tears seeping from her eyes, I don’t know why, but when I looked at her I knew they were the only tears I wanted to see come from her eyes, happy ones.
Once I got over the shock, we walked around the grounds and the castle and talked with Hagrid and McGonagall…before we left, we joined them for one last dinner feast for old time’s sake, a lot of the girls were ogling over me (Ginny thought that was funny) and a lot of the guys were talking about when I played Quidditch, they asked for a few pointers and advice, that was the best feast I ever had, and I had so much fun.

After three weeks, we left for home, it was so nice just to be home, to be back, in our house and knowing now that Ginny was my wife, little did I know what was to come.

A month later, Hermione gave birth to twins, a girl and a boy, the baby girl had red hair like her father and the baby boy had brown hair like its mother, Ginny and I disapparated and got to St. Mungo’s as soon as we could, by the time we got there all we could see was a mass of red hair around three brunettes (Hermione’s parents were there) Mother and children were fine, they were holding them, Ron noticed us and we walked over to them, Ginny held her niece and as soon as that baby was in her arms, I knew she’d make a great mother.

Hermione and her children, Elise and Brian, were released the next day. Ginny loved them from the moment she laid eyes on them and they seemed pretty fond of her.
Ron just kept gazing at his wife and children as if he was dreaming and he’d wake up any moment.
Later Ron and I took a walk later on that afternoon.
“She’s just so beautiful, she’s glowing and she gave me my life, my children, they are my universe, I love her so much and I’m forever thanking her for never giving up on me, and I’m always thanking God for never letting her leave me”
As Ron finished tears slid down his face.
We went back to the house so I could hold their children, I was so happy for Ron and Hermione; their children were perfect little bundles of joy.
“They’re beautiful Hermione” I said
“Thank-you, we want to know something!” she said as her husband sat next to her
“Of course, go ahead” Ginny said
“We’d like to know if you and Ginny would like to be God-parents to our kids to our children?” Ron asked
Ginny and I smiled
“Hermione, I’d be honoured” I said
“I can’t wait, can I look after them when they get older? They can come to stay….oh I can’t wait, this is going to be so cool!” Ginny squealed
“It’s settled then,” Hermione said

~*~*~*~
There’s a carrot top who can barely walk
With a sippy cup of milk
A lil blue eyed blonde with shoes on wrong cuz she likes to dress herself
And the most beautiful girl
Holdin both of them
Yea the view I love the most is my front porch looking in
~*~*~*~

Three days later, we became God-parents to Elise and Brian, they came back to visit us and I got a huge surprise, Ginny had been a bit dizzy at work so she got sent home early, she was very secretive so after she put the twins to sleep upstairs, she came down the stairs, smiling like she always does, Hermione looked up and said.
“You’re glowing”
“I know” Ginny giggled, for some reason I looked around and Hermione was staring at Ginny.
“You’re not?”
“I am!”
Hermione jumped up and hugged Ginny, I had no idea what was going on and by the look on Ron’s face, he didn’t know either.
“Excuse me Mrs. Potter care to tell us what you’re hiding?” I asked
“Harry, if you had more tan 3 brain cells you’d be dangerous” Hermione said, I rolled my eyes and looked at Ginny, she smiled angelically and placed a hand on her tummy and looked down, I was dumbstruck

Are you serious?
Obviously
Ohmigod
I can’t believe it
This is the greatest day of my life
I’m gonna have a family with the one I love

I ran from where I was to Ginny and put my hand on hers.
“Really?”
“Yes!”
I picked her up and spun her around. I was so happy, I could her Ron cheering and saying
“My lil sis’ is growing up to be a mummy”
The phone rang and I put her down “Hello Megan…” it was her manager from work “No, she cant come back this afternoon, I just found out she’s pregnant and I’m keeping her to myself, we’re going to celebrate” Ginny pulled the phone out of my hand
“Don’t listen to him, I can work”.

She ended up going to work.

~*~*~*~
I see what beautiful is about
When I’m looking in
Not when I’m looking out
~*~*~*~

Ginny always dreamed of having a little girl, a little angel she could call her own, she dreamt of a daughter all her life, her name was Amelia.

9 months later on the 5th of July, Amelia Lily Potter, came into the world, she had inherited the blazing red hair like her Mother and brilliant green emerald eyes like her Father. She looked alarmingly like my mother, Ginny said that was a gift, my mother sent a little angel to remind me she was looking after me.
As Amelia grew a year older, her Mother gave her a brother with unruly black hair like his Father and chocolate brown eyes like his Mother, Daniel Sirius James Potter opened his eyes to the world on the 29th of June.
Together, Ginny and I raised them and loved them. As they grew older, Hermione and Ron’s children grew with them, now that our family was bigger, I was so proud about being a dad, I knew this was the reason I defeated Voldemort, while I lived, to protect my children and my wife and to love them, like my parents did for me.

~*~*~*~
There’s a carrot top who can barely walk
With a sippy cup of milk
A lil blue eyed blonde with shoes on wrong cuz she likes to dress herself
And the most beautiful girl
Holdin both of them
Yea the view I love the most is my front porch looking in
~*~*~*~

So as I stir in my bed, I hear muffled voices and whispers downstairs, and the smell of pancakes wafts past my nose and enrages my stomach. I hear footsteps and the soft voice of my two children next to my bed.
“Daddy…” Amelia whispers, I feel Daniel jump up on the bed and sit on my back.
“Dad, wake up” Daniel says, I roll over so he falls on the bed next to me, I hear his squeal of laughter as he jumps back on me and I sit up to met Daniel’s happy face.
“Good morning Mister, you gotta stop waking Daddy up” Daniel pokes out his tongue as I ruffle his hair.
“But it’s your birthday, that means lots of presents” He smiles happily; I turn to Amelia, waiting patiently beside the bed holding pancakes and juice.
“Morning Angel” and I take the pancakes from her, she smiles at me
“Happy Birthday Dad” they chorus together, Amelia jumps up on the bed next to Daniel, and I take a bite of a pancake.
“Thank-you, Daddy was hungry”
“That’s ok” Amelia tells me
“I want some” Daniel says, Amelia starts to tickle her brother, and he laughs happily, she stops to look up at me.
“Cheeky bugger he is! Huh Daddy?”
“Yeah, sweetie he is” and I offer them some pancakes, which they take eagerly.
“Nana, Granddad, Hermione, Ron, Elise, Brian and everyone else is coming over tonight, so can we have a swim and a barbeque?” Amelia asks brightly
“Sure, Angel” I say, Amelia claps happily
“Very cool, who made these?”
“We did” Daniel replies, as I set the empty plates on the bedside table
“Mummy helped us” Amelia corrects him, I look up and see Ginny leaning against the doorframe, smiling, I smile back, as Ginny comes towards me.
“Mummy is Yummy,” I say
“Happy Birthday baby” as our lips met, she sits on my lap as I hear our children laugh
“Muuum!” and they pull her off me onto the pillow beside me, they fall onto the bed beside their mother, laughing and tickling each other, I sit and watch them laughing before joining in. I knew Ginny would make a good mother and a beautiful wife to me. I thank her for everything she has given me and I always will, she believed in me, when I thought no one else did and I love her more than anything in the world, I’m so lucky to have her and I’m so grateful to God that we have each other forever. I’m so grateful for her and the life we’ve made together, I wouldn’t want it any other way.

~*~*~*~
There’s a carrot top that can barely walk
(From my front porch looking in)
A lil blue eye blonde with shoes on wrong
(From my front porch looking in)
The most beautiful girl
Holdin both of them
Oooo yea
~*~*~*~

The End.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear