Search:

SIYE Time:13:07 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Read Me
By BobbyRavenclaw

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death
Rating: PG
Reviews: 16
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

The Yule Ball has come back to Hogwarts. But something is going on. Please read and review. I'm 10 so don't flame me too much.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2806







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the Harry Potter characters. Rowling does.

It’s one week until the Yule Ball and Harry doesn’t have a date.

“You’ve got to get a date Harry,” Ron said as they left the Great Hall from lunch.
“I mean even Neville has a date. It’s just not right.”

“ And who are you going with?” said Harry.

“I’m going with Hermione,” said Ron.

Harry’s mouth hung open. Out of all 7 years that he had known Ron and Hermione they had bickered and fought all the time and now they were going out.

“Are you ok?” Ron asked.

Harry closed his mouth immediately. “Uh yeah,” he said.

“Ok,” Ron said. ”Lets go to transfiguration.”

They headed off toward transfiguration. (A/N I don’t know the schedule:( ). They turned around a corner and they were on the fourth floor corridor.

“Hey, weren’t we on the sixth floor corridor until we turned the corner back there? ”Ron said.

“Yeah, we were,” Harry said,” that’s ok. It saves us another two corridors.” (A/N I have no idea where any of the classes are:( ). They went to transfiguration and they had to make each other turn into any animal they want.

“The spell for this is cronivacto then the name of the animal. Ready? Begin,” Professor McGonagall said.

Harry tried to turn Ron into a rat.

“Cronivacto Rat!” Harry yelled his wand pointed at Ron.

All he managed was a tail, whiskers, and a nose. Everybody laughed and even Ron chuckled. Hermione turned Neville into a toad. Seamus got turned into a goblin (much to his discomfort). Then it happened: Neville (who is himself again) turned Harry into a toad. This is a very large accomplishment considering it’s Neville.

They left transfiguration and headed to potions.

“What happened when we turned that corner before transfiguration?” Ron said.

“I don’t know. But let’s hope it doesn’t happen again,” Harry said.











Dinner that night was very good but Harry, Ron, and Hermione didn’t have very much.

“So your saying you turned around a corner in the sixth floor corridor and you were in the fourth floor corridor?” Hermione asked them after they had told her.

“Yeah,” Harry and Ron said in unison.

“Well I don’t know what happened but I’ll go look in the library after dinner,” Hermione said,” it was probably just a spell the four founders put on the castle.”

In the common room that night after everybody went to bed Harry was alone with Ginny. She was staring into the fire. Harry wondered who she was going with to the Yule Ball.

“Ginny, who are you going with?” Harry asked.

She looked up and saw Harry watching her.” Nobody,” she said and looked back into the fire. This surprised Harry.

“Well would you like to go with me then?” Harry asked.

She looked out of the fire again and smiled.” I’d love to,” she said. Harry smiled back at her.

“Great,” he said,” ‘nite.” Then he got up and went to bed.


* * * *


The next morning Harry walked down to breakfast and took a seat with Ron and Hermione.

“So did you get a date yet?” Ron asked.

“Yeah,” said Harry dully, reluctant to start the conversation.

“Cool. Who is it?” Ron said.

“Ginny,” said Harry.

Ron raised his eyebrows.” Oh, ok,” he said surprised.

Later that day in transfiguration they had to turn themselves into animals.

“Now whoever can do this may be able to registered as an animagus. Now to do this you will have to think cronivacto then the animal. Remember think. You will not need your wands for this,” Professor McGonagall said,” begin.”

Harry thought hard about it. Cronivacto stag. Cronivacto stag, he thought. And then it happened: he looked down at his feet and they were hooves, his arms were front legs, he had a snout. Every body that hadn’t made it were staring at him, Ron, and Hermione. He looked over at Ron. He was an owl. Harry looked over at Hermione. She was a cat.

“Now to become a human again think cronivacto human,” Professor McGonagall said.

Cronivacto human. Cronivacto human, Harry thought. In a second he was a human again.

“Whoa,” Harry said in unison with Ron and Hermione. It was the weirdest experience he had ever had. Professor McGonagall was surprised any body had done it, even Hermione.

They left class and headed for potions.


* * * *


The morning of the Yule Ball had come. He was especially nervous because he didn’t like the dress robes he had and thought Ginny would laugh at them. They were green and fit him nicely but he still didn’t like them.


* * * *


Harry put on his dress robes and went down stairs to the common room. Ginny was waiting in the chair closest to the staircase. She was wearing a dark blue robe with her bright red hair in a ponytail.

“Uh you look great,” Harry said.

“Thanks. You too. Who are you going with?” she said looking at Ron and Harry.

“I’m going with Hermione,” Ron said.

Ginny looked at Harry and he shrugged. She obviously always saw them fighting also.

“She’s still getting ready,” Ginny said.

“Well shall we get going then?” Harry said changing the subject.

“Yeah lets go Harry,” Ginny said.

“I’ll wait for Hermione. You guys go on ahead,” Ron said.

“Ok,” Harry said and left with Ginny. While they were walking out however Ginny high heeled shoes got caught on the rug and she fell flat on her face.

“Ow,” she said,” I am ok. I think.” Then she got up smoothed her robes a bit, straitened her hair then said,” Ok lets get going.” Then they walked down to the Great Hall which usually had the four house tables but they were gone leaving a large floor to dance on. At the front of the dance floor there was a band playing slow music.

“Do you want to dance?” Harry asked her.

“Sure,” Ginny said so they got onto the dance floor and started dancing. (A/N Well waltzing actually :) ).

While they were dancing Harry looked deep into Ginny’s eyes. “Ginny,” Harry said.

“Yes,” she said.
“I love you,” Harry said.
Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear