Search:

SIYE Time:13:45 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


When I Said I Do
By Luna_Lovegood831

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 9
Summary: Harry and Ginny's first dance as a married couple. They know forever because they see it in each others' eyes. The song belongs to Clint Black.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3962







ChapterPrinter


In slowly revolving circles they danced, completely lost to the world, only known to each other. Their wedding song played on, words reflecting what they felt. She breathed in his smell, and he ran his fingers through her hair. The contented silence had a stronger meaning than all the words in the world. Complete and utter bliss in a world full of pain. Comfort suspended in a moment, that would surely too soon be over. They had faith though. Faith that they would have happiness again.



These times are troubled and these times are good
And they're always gonna be, they rise and they fall
We take 'em all the way that we should
Together you and me forsaking them all
Deep in the night and by the light of day
It always looks the same, true love always does
And here by your side, or a million miles away
Nothin's ever gonna change the way that I feel,
The way it is, is the way that it was.



Voldemort was not yet defeated, and though the couple’s hearts were happy, there was always the nagging fear of an attack. Dumbledore had been the one to suggest getting married before they took on Voldemort. He believed that ‘happiness should be here in the darkest of times,’ and they agreed. It had been a simple ceremony, and as small a wedding as could be with a family as large as the Weasleys. The only other people who had been in attendance had been Order members. They didn’t need anyone else; they didn’t want anyone else. The ceremony had been simple, an exchange of love, promises, happiness; and support. They promised to be strength for one another through whatever was to come; faithful to the end. They had crossed their wands, their vows complete, and put a seal on their new life, together.


When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do



His head rested gently against hers as they looked into each others eyes, each content with just being near the other. They didn’t know what tomorrow would bring, but as long as they were together they could face anything that came their way. She would let nothing bad touch him, and he would protect her with his life. She was his all, and he was her everything. Time always brings change. It changes everything except true love. They would love each other until forever, and when forever was over, evermore. Everyone in attendance was reminded of the ones who had come before them, who had lived and died love… Lily and James were there again, through the couple, with the couple. Little did they know that later on, long after they were gone, their love would overshadow that of Arthur and Guinevere. More famous would their love be than any that had come before, and any that would come after.



Well this old world keeps changin', and the world stays the same
For all who came before, and it goes hand and hand
Only you and I can undo all that we became
That makes us so much more, than a woman and a man
And after everything that comes and goes around
Has only passed us by, here alone in our dreams
I know there's a lonely heart in every lost and found
But forever you and I will be the ones
Who found out what forever means



In their dream world they continued to dance, both seeing wonderful eternity in the others eyes. Harry bent down slowly and kissed her, letting her know exactly what he was feeling. She returned the kiss with everything she had, all the love she possessed was thrown into that kiss.



She had dreamed about this day since she was little, her happily ever after. She didn’t know what was to come but together, they would beat it. She knew they would. She had faith. In him, in herself, but most of all, she had faith in them together. She could see their future in his eyes. It included kids, a Weasley amount, some with dark raven hair and almond eyes, some with hair as red as fire, with emerald eyes. She saw a house, clichéd of course, the beautiful Victorian with a white picket fence, with a red door and blue shutters. A weeping willow swayed before it. She and he, on the front porch, holding hands and looking at each other with as much love as ever, hair graying. Their kids appeared, with their children. Everyone was there, her brothers and their families, her parents beaming at their children’s happy life. They looked so proud. Their children had fulfilled their wildest dreams. They had defeated the darkest wizard and his legions, and lived to be happy again. They were all so cheerful. That’s what she wanted, that’s what she wanted more than anything.



He had dreamed about it since he was little. It had been all he wanted; someone to love and to love him in return. “We’re gonna make it,” he thought to himself, and the smile that had graced his face all day widened. He loved her. He loved her more than he thought he could ever love anyone. Everything about her; the way she never let him be an idiot, the way she loved him unconditionally, the way she let him take care of her, the way she took care of him, the way her eyes shone brighter than the evening stars, the way her hair perfectly framed her pretty face. He loved it all. He looked deeper into her eyes. In front of him was all he had ever wanted. The best thing he could ever have was in his arms. He held her tighter and they kept dancing.



When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do


He twirled her around and pulled her back to him again. They danced and danced, neither letting the other go. Ginny looked up at him again, and kissed him.



Love radiated from them. Love so strong that all the people that surrounded them felt it. The warm feeling of love so strong invaded each of their hearts, causing many to shed tears.



They loved each other. They loved each other with all their hearts. They lived and breathed each other, their existence resting in the hands of the other. True Love.



Truer than true, you know that I'll always be there for you
That's what I had in mind, that's what I had in mind,
When I said I do
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear