Search:

SIYE Time:12:40 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Mind of Draco Malfoy
By ecospiky

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Draco Malfoy
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: The person you least expect sees what lies ahead of Harry and Ginny, long before it happens.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4303







ChapterPrinter


This is supposed to be a journal of Draco Malfoy's, if you couldn't tell. I wrote this real quick, late at night, so I'm very sorry if I get some facts wrong about the Harry Potter world, I did it all by memory. For example, I said Ginny's eye's are brown, but I dont know if that's true. But anyway, PLEASE I would love this story to get some feedback! Tell me what you think of it, its a lot diff. then what I normally write. Thanks! (PS- all of these characters belong to the lovely JK Rowling of course, I just make up some humbo jumbo fanfics!)

If anyone was ever to read this... Oh, I don’t know what I would do, surely I would die. But I feel like I need to write this somewhere, All of this has been trapped in me for so long. My mother suggested I keep a journal, and I suppose, if I just write my thoughts here, it wouldn’t hurt. Who would read them? Surely not Crabbe Or Goyle, they never read unless absolutely necessary, and nobody else would even know I keep this. So I think it’s safe, I think I can finally share with someone everything I’ve been keeping inside me, ever since my first day at Hogwarts, and possibly even before then.



June 30th



So, once again, Harry Potter has saved the day. Voldemort has returned! Potter and Dumbledore have been correct the whole year. The Ministry members, who my father spent so much money trying to get on his side, will probably be replaced by Dumbledore supporting, Harry Potter loving pussies, who want nothing to do with my father. The Malfoy name has been trashed, now everyone knows who the Death Eaters are. Now that everyone knows that My father is a criminal, a disgusting slime ball. Am I upset? Probably not as much as I should be.



At the moment I probably should be filled with so much rage I could practically kill Harry Potter, and his old friend Dumbledore. Want to tear him to bits for everything he’s done to me. And I have to admit a few days ago, I did, I really did feel like that. But not because Harry showed the world what my father was really like, or the fact that my family name has been trashed because of him.



It’s because once again, Harry Potter, “The boy who lived” has, well, lived, and once again, he is the celebrity that he always was. Once again everyone loves him, and thanks him for saving the day. How the hell does one boy survive a man that can kill hundreds with one tap of his wand, 5 times? How, at a year old, did he stop the most powerful wizard ever, making him go into an almost deathly state of hibernation? And then, Potter beats him, still again at the end of 4th year, He is the most famous boy in wizard history.

No, I don’t hate Harry Potter for what he did to my family, I hate Harry Potter, because I would love to be him. From the day I first saw him in the dress shop at Diagon Alley, I knew he was someone special. How I wanted to get to know him, I even offered to be his friend. I thought at the time, it might help him to start off his first year at school with a pureblood as his friend- at least one from a family who is held in higher regards then... a Weasley. But he seemed quite unimpressed by me, and first day of school, before we even reached the castle, it seems that he had sealed a friendship bond with Weasley.



Ever since I was a child I had wished that I could have the fame and high respect that Potter had. But once we got to school, my jealousy grew a little more each day. Everyone was so infatuated by him. They acted as though he was a god- perfect in every way. I was sick of it. Finally on our first day of flying lessons, I had the ultimate excuse to show him, and everyone else, that there was something that Harry Potter couldn’t do. I had been flying since I could walk, and Harry had never been on a broom before in his life- probably didn’t even know they could fly since not too long ago. Taking Longbottom’s Remembrall was the perfect excuse for me to start flying. While showing off my flying skills, why not show a few seeker skills as well?
Well I was quickly proven wrong. For some reason, Potter had no trouble flying on that broom, as if he was born with the skill, and his seeking skills highly surpassed his ability to fly. Yes, instead of proving to everyone that there was something that Harry Potter wasn’t good at- I just gave him a front row ticket to become the youngest seeker at Hogwarts in over 100 years.



I can’t lie, Harry is a good, I could even go so far as to say great, seeker. As long as he is in the a good state of health, he always manages to catch the snitch at the end of a game. Second year I tried my darndest to beat him, to be higher then him for just one day, one hour. But the truth is I can never beat Potter at qudditch fair and square. He’s better then I’ll ever be, and I just have to face it. It’s just how its been for just about everything.



But I have managed to live with all those things these past 5 years, without having to resort to a journal, or going close to insanity. I’ve managed to live with the fact that he has 2 best friends, though I like to pick and prod at their faults constantly, who are actually smart, and can hold a decent conversation with you, which is something I can’t say about mine. I can even stand the fact that he is our headmaster’s favorite boy, and no matter what trouble he gets himself into, Dumbledore will always find a way to get him out.



What, I think, has driven me close to the edge, although it might sound sappier then anything, is love. Harry has gotten all the fame and glory. He has all the talent, and even all the friends. But Harry Potter, as unaware of it as he is, has the girl I love wrapped around his fingers.

No, it’s not that stupid Cho Chang girl from Ravenclaw that he had so obviously fancied for the past year. And don’t even begin to think it’s Hermione, not like I would be caught dead thinking romantically about her. And of course, If I wanted Hermione, I would be jealous of Ron Weasley, and just the thought of that makes me laugh.


Ever since forth year, and possibly before that, I have been madly in love, with Ginny Weasley. I know the idea sounds completely unbelievable to anyone who knows me. But I still can’t deny it. I know she’s a Weasley. Just the thought of marrying her would completely disgrace my family and all I stand for with being a pureblood, and a Malfoy. But I still can’t help but become entranced by her beautiful silky auburn hair, and her glowing brown eyes. Her smooth imperfection free face, is perfectly sprinkled with beautiful light brown freckles. Her tiny frame, and sweet voice, its almost more then I can bare. I’ve become quietly obsessed with Ginevera Weasley. I saw her date that imbecile Corner boy, and now she seems to be with Dean Thomas. But I can see through all of that. You can tell, just by looking into her eyes, she still loves Harry. Even if she has gotten over that awful little crush she had on him, I think the only thing it did was make her want him more. Now, when she looks at him, its almost as if her face lights up. Ginny never looks more beautiful then when she is looking at Harry.



And Potter, the little idiot, is sitting around, finding a new way to try to kill himself every school year, falling for stupid girls like Chang, when the most beautiful, smart, funny, just all around wonderful, girl in the world is just across him at the dining hall. I know I can never have Ginny. My family would turn on me as fast as you can say “pureblood”, and my friends would quickly do the same. And, I havn’t been too much of a gentleman to her or her family, ever.



But the largest reason I have never told her how I truly feel about her, is because Harry Potter always wins. My father can stay with the Death Eaters as long as he wants. He can support Voldemort, and still believe that if Voldemort wins, then something good with come out of it. I know Harry will beat Voldemort. Just like I know he will eventually see Ginny for what she really is, and most likely fall in love with her. I know this because Harry Potter has, and always will, received everything I ever wanted.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear