Search:

SIYE Time:16:49 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Green Eyes
By Pokie4389

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Songfic
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: Sequel to 'Grey Street' in Harry's POV. His thoughts while waiting for a certain witch to find him.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3800







ChapterPrinter


Green Eyes



Based on the song by Coldplay

Sequel to ‘Grey Street’



~*~

Ho ney you are a rock
Upon which I stand



She’s outside the doors, thinking perhaps, pacing. I can see her.

Dumbledore is speaking to me, I should be listening. What he says is always important. Wise and important.


And I come here to talk
I hope you understand



But she’s distracting me.

Why didn’t she come to see me sooner, I thought the worse. When Malfoy had taken her—I killed him. Not physically but emotionally, he needed a way to get back at me, he picked the wrong way. Ron got to him before I could.


That green eyes
Yeah the spotlight shines upon you



Ron, where is Ron? And Hermione? Why is it that the only company I seem to attract is Dumbledore.


And how could anybody deny you
I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter



She hasn’t looked through the window of the doors yet. Is she scared of what she’ll see?

Dumbledore has a frown on his face and has stopped speaking. He knows I can’t listen.


Now I met you
And honey you should know



‘Where are Ron and Hermione?’ I ask.

He gives the same response, ‘they thought you were dead.’


That I could never go on without you
Green eyes



‘But why did they leave?’ She didn’t leave.

My gaze gravitates to the doors again. He knows. He looks as well. She’s still pacing. Why doesn’t she just come in?


Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float



‘The entire wizarding world believed you to be dead.’ But I’m not and she’s stayed.

I want to see her clearly, I want to be able to hear her voice.


And I came here to talk
I think you should know



Finally she’s stopped. Dumbledore is getting to his feet. ‘Good luck Harry,’ he tells me.

I nod, why would I need any luck seeing her?


That green eyes
You’re the one that I wanted to find



He passes her on the way and stops to speak to her, why does he get to see her first? She gives a nod and I can see her bracing herself.


And anyone who tried to deny you
Must be out of their mind



A glimpse of her face is all I have before she pushes through the doors and I get caught up in her. Her hair, her body, her eyes, her face. She stares at me for a moment as if she’s looking at a ghost. She looks a bit pale and there are dark circles under her puffy, bloodshot eyes.

‘Harry,’ she says and her voice gets choked up.


Because I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter



I try a smile, maybe that’ll bring her closer. It works. Suddenly like she’s awoken from some dream she throws herself at me.

‘Harry,’ she sobs. ‘I thought you were gone.’


Since I met you
And honey you should know



I rub circles into her back reassuring her. It feels good to be able to touch her.

‘It’s alright, Gin. I’m fine,’ I tell her.


That I could never go on without you
Green eyes



Her head leaves my chest in a second and a truly dazzling smile breaks through her tears. ‘Fine?’ She wonders with a soft hiccough from too many tears.

I nod again and more tears fall from her eyes. I reach up and wipe the tears off her cheeks, brightening her smile. But still the drops fall from her eyes.


Green eyes


‘I’m sorry Harry, but—,’ she tries to speak again but chokes on another sob.

I sit up a little taller and she moves to sit on the bed. Her chest heaves with her sobbing and I pull her into a hug.

‘Shh, Ginny, it’s alright. Everything’s ok,’ I tell her.


Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand



After awhile her sobs quiet and her breathing calms down. I pull away so I can see her properly and simultaneously kiss her forehead.

‘Feeling better?’ I ask her, tucking in a piece oh her coppery curls. She nods this time and wipes her face on a sheet from the bed I’m in.

After a minute of watching her I can’t bare it anymore. ‘Ginny,’ I breathe, but she doesn’t wait to respond and our lips meet.

‘I love you,’ I whisper against her and she repeats it as her lips meet mine once more.


The end.



A/N: I’m not totally sure if these lyrics fit the story, but I thought they went together nicely. I realize that Ginny does not have green eyes but I figured that people could assume the ‘green eyes’ part was about Harry. It actually (to me) fits both ways, the song could be from either Ginny’s POV or Harry’s. Hope you liked it. Here are the uninterrupted lyrics, download the song. It is so sweet sounding. Ahh Coldplay. *sigh* Gwyneth Paltrow is so lucky, her hubby is a sweetie. :D

Green Eyes
By Coldplay

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand
That green eyes
Yeah the spotlight shines upon you
And how could anybody deny you
I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter
Now I met you
And honey you should know
That I could never go on without you
Green eyes
Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know
That green eyes
You’re the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who tried to deny you
Must be out of their mind
Because I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter
Since I met you
And honey you should know
That I could never go on without you
Green eyes
Green eyes
Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear