Search:

SIYE Time:22:21 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Thank You, Harry...You're Welcome, Ginny
By ElvinPrincess5

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

After returning from the Chamber of Secrets, Ginny goes off to the infirmary. Even though it doesn't say, Harry must have gone at some point or another. What happens when Ginny awakes to see Harry sleeping in the bed right next to hers?
Hitcount: Story Total: 6572







ChapterPrinter


Ginny awoke with a terrible headache. She felt weak all over and sick to her stomach. When she opened her eyes she saw that the only light shining was faint candles on the wall. She sat up in bed and rubbed the back of her hand across her eyes. The last thing she remembered was taking a potion, and her parents saying good-bye. She sighed and was about to lay back down when she heard someone whimper next to her. She turned her head to see Harry Potter sleeping in the bed directly next to her. She didn't ever remember him coming in here. She most certainly would have if she saw him though. The bed next to Harry had curtains all the way around it, and Ginny suspected that was where Professor Lockhart was.

At the sound of hearing another small whimper from Harry, she threw off her covers, and steadily walked to his bedside. Her long nightdress swishing across her ankles. Her hair was no longer straight but wavy from her long adventure. She stopped at the side of his bed and took in the sight of him. His bedding was in disarray as well as his hair. It was matted to his forehead that was covered in sweat. His eyebrows were furrowed, and a frown was apparent on his lips. Just briefly, a pained expression crossed his face. His breathing was coming in fast, short hitches as if he was running.

A lump appeared in Ginny's throat when she heard him mumble, "No….Leave Ginny alone….Please….Ginny don't die on me….Wake up for me…."

Harry began to thrash around in his bed slightly, and Ginny almost started crying. She reached out with one hand and softly touched his forehead with a trembling hand. Almost instantly, he began to settle down. "Ginny….Where are you? Ginny!" She began to brush away the stray hairs off his forehead saying soft things to him.

"It'll be alright Harry. I'm right here. And I promise I'm not leaving you," she whispered in his ear.

He became completely still and just faintly mumbled, "Ginny….Gin….Ginny."

She stroked his cheek with the back of her hand and whispered, "I'm right here, Harry. I'm safe. You saved us. We're both alright."

Harry swallowed and didn't say anything else. His breathing went back to normal, and he shivered slightly. She reached down and covered him up with the covers that he managed to kick off while tossing and turning. He curled up under them and gave out a huge sigh. His face loosened up a bit as she stood there and continued to stare at him.

Over the past few months, she realized that she just didn't like Harry because he was famous. She liked him because he was…well…Harry. He was funny, he was sweet, he was smart, and he was very friendly. Whenever Ginny was about to spill out everything to him and Ron at breakfast that one day, his face was full of such concern for her.

Ginny smiled down at the now peaceful Harry as a tear fell down her cheek. "I know that you may not like me that way I like you, Harry, but just remember this….I'll always be there for you. No matter the costs. I'll do anything for you. You no longer have to do this alone." She then leaned down and kissed him ever so softly and gently on the forehead; right where his scar lay. Her lips lingered there momentarily before she stood again and whispered, "Thank you, Harry. For everything you've done." She turned and went back to her bed, feeling that she could finally be able to sleep peacefully.

If Ginny had waited a few more moments, she would have realized that Harry had a slight blush apparent on his cheeks, and he was no longer sleeping. He had woken up when she had re-covered him with his covers. He opened his eyes to see that Ginny was already fast asleep. Harry looked around the infirmary as if looking to see if anyone was watching him. But he knew very well that the only people there were Professor Lockhart, Ginny, and himself. He then threw back the covers and slowly walked to Ginny's bedside.

He looked down at her with furrowed eyebrows. She looked so innocent; her skin pale from her long journey making the freckles across her nose and cheeks completely visible; her hair was an array on her pillow. Along with the light candlelight, it looked like she had a fiery vale about her head. A small smile could be found tugging at her lips as Harry watched her sleep, suddenly intrigued by the sight of her. He reached up to remove a strand of hair that had fallen across her face without even thinking. Ginny seemed to let out a small sigh as Harry slowly pulled his hand away, letting it slowly stroke her cheek. He looked down the rest of the length of the bed and found his eyes rest upon her left hand.

There was a deep gash running right through the palm of her hand. Harry gingerly picked up her hand and studied it carefully, cautious not to wake her. He ran a finger along the line and heard Ginny take in a sharp breath. He looked up into her face, waiting for her to wake up. But she never did. Looking at it closer, Harry could see that it wasn't exactly straight. It was sort of jagged like a…

"Paper cut," said a voice softly from behind him.

Harry whipped his head around to see Madam Pomfrey standing there wearing a dressing gown and a nightcap. The corners of her mouth were tugging upwards.

Harry gently set Ginny's hand down before he completely turned to Madam Pomfrey. "I'm sorry. I was…I was just-"

Madam Pomfrey held up a hand to stop him. "It's alright, Mr. Potter. I don't need an explanation. Although I do have to ask you to get back into bed, please."

Harry slowly nodded his head before heading back to bed. He sat down, but wasn't even completely on the bed before he asked, "How did she get it?"

Madam Pomfrey sighed and sat down at the end of his bed. "At first she wouldn't tell us; her parents and I that is. All she could do was cry. And I needed to know what it was to be able to mend it. So I did the only thing I could do; I put veratiseum inside the calming potion I gave to her. I wasn't happy about it, but it was the only other option.

"When I asked her, she said it was from the diary. We thought that would be the end of the answer, but she continued." Madam Pomfrey sniffled a bit before she continued. Harry stole a glance at the sleeping Ginny. "She continued to say that Tom gave it to her because she had protested against writing the last message on the wall." She gave a shaky breath. "The veratiseum wore off, and I automatically went to heal the wound. Well, I did what I could…but it seems that she'll have that scar forever."

Harry let these words wash over him before he looked back over at Ginny. She looked so peaceful in sleep. He looked down at her hand that had the jagged cut drawn into the perfect smoothness of her palm. She now had a scar that she would have to look at everyday to remind her of the dark and painful time she went through; of how she had been possessed by the most wanted wizard of all time; of how she had almost died. Just like…him.

Harry looked back up at Madam Pomfrey to see a small smile on her face. It was as if she had read his mind. "Now I think it's time that you and I went back to sleep Mr. Potter. Good-night." She raised herself up off of Harry's bed, looked down at Ginny's sleeping form before turning and disappearing behind the other side of the curtains. The soft 'click' of a door told Harry that she had gone back to her office.

Harry rose out of bed once more and walked to Ginny's bedside. He looked down at her and then down at her hand. He suddenly felt a stinging sensation in his eyes. The next thing he knew, he felt a sudden wetness and coldness on his cheek. He reach up a hand to wipe away what ever it was, but found that it happened again on the other cheek. It took Harry a moment to realize that he was crying. He was crying for Ginny. Ginny didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve to go through the same pain and suffering that Harry was experiencing. She was too good for that. Sure she wouldn't go through the same suffering with a lot of the things that he had and will experience. But she still had to look at that scar everyday and remember. Just like he did. And he never wanted to remember, and would bet his life that she didn't either.

Harry wiped his tears before he took Ginny's damaged hand in his. He looked at in for a moment before he looked up to see that Ginny no longer had the innocent peaceful smile on her face. There was now a deep frown that made it look like she was fixing to cry. Harry peered up into her face with a concerned look on his face. Ginny's chest rose and fell rapidly as if she were running from something. Harry watched with a new sudden sadness and anger as a tear fell down Ginny's cheek, and she murmured, "No Tom. Please don't make me!"

Harry reached up instinctively and cupped her cheek. He leaned down so that he was inches from her face and whispered, "Tom's not here, Ginny. He's gone. But I am here, and I promise that nothing's going to happen to you as long as I am."

Ginny automatically calmed down, relaxing and breathing normally. Harry started to absentmindedly stroke her cheek with his thumb as Ginny calmed completely down. Soon, the small innocent smile was back on Ginny's face. Harry smiled slightly as he registered the soothing words that Ginny had said to him. He also could have sworn that there was a voice inside of his head saying that everything was all right, and that they were safe because of him. And it sounded oddly just like Ginny.

Harry then remembered the very last thing that Ginny said to him before she went back to bed: "Thank you, Harry. For everything you've done." Before he even could completely register in his mind what he was doing, Harry leaned down and softly kissed her cheek. It was quick; not as long as the kiss Ginny gave Harry on his forehead. He then whispered softly into her ear, "You're welcome, Ginny."

Harry gently dropped Ginny's hand back onto the bed before turning and going back to bed. He wrapped himself in his covers and went back to sleep with a small smile on his face, and Ginny's soothing words running through his head.

*~*~*


In a dark corner of the infirmary, close to the door, an elderly man with a long white beard and half moon spectacles watched the situation before him. A small smile was on his lips as he watched Ginny comfort Harry, then Harry comfort Ginny. As he watched young Harry climb back into bed with a smile on his lips, Dumbledore couldn't help but smile wider himself. He knew that one day, fate would bring them together. He knew that the two had more in common than they could even think of. But he also knew that for now, they couldn't be bothered with mushy stuff like that. Dumbledore chuckled slightly to himself before stepping quietly out of the infirmary to go back to his office.

*~*~*


In a dark corner on the other side of the infirmary, stood Madam Pomfrey. She came back out almost as soon as she walked in, wanting to make sure Harry went back to sleep. But what she saw made her heart stop in astonishment. There stood Harry next to Ginny's bedside in tears. He then comforted her as she had a nightmare of the recent events. Then, what shocked her most of all, was the innocent kiss that Harry had left on Ginny's cheek. Madam Pomfrey could feel tears in her eyes as she watched them. She had realized earlier that the two of them together reminded her of a loving couple she once knew. James and Lily Potter. Madam Pomfrey gave one more small smile in the direction of the two now sleeping children before turning and going back to her headquarters.




(AN- I always love reading behind the scenes fics. And I just couldn’t help myself from writing this one. It’s too sweet and innocent not too. I have a feeling that JKR would have written this originally if she wanted to give away the fact that ORANGE CRUSH really does exist (;-p). But, sadly, she didn’t. I know that it will one day. And you know what…I’m getting very impatient waiting for it to arrive! ;-p)
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear