Search:

SIYE Time:13:21 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Girls night In
By Hahtoo

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 29
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

Ever wondered what happened when Viktor asked to speak with Hermione at the end of her fourth year? Or why Ginny and Dean had broken up and how? And what are Hermione and ginny doing in the boys dorms at midnight? All these questions answered in this girly fic!
Hitcount: Story Total: 3495







ChapterPrinter


A Girls Nitght In






Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or anything to do with Harry Potter. You should be thankful for that or I would have made Harry Potter defeat Voldermort in his sixth year so I could change the whole series into a giagantic fluffball where Harry and Ginny get married, have three kids, and a Puffskein called Bob. So like i said, Okay, enough rambling, on with the story.






An eruption of giggling gushed out of the 6th years girls dorm high in the Gryffindor tower.


“No way!” screamed Parvati, swishing her black shiny hair out of her face, “I don’t believe it!”


“Believe it.” Rachel said simply.


The Gryffindor sixth year girls had invited the young women in the year below them for a night of pampering and gossip in their dorm. Ginny had always found this tradition highly amusing, but not as much as the rest of the girls seemed to.


“Holy fudge, you CANNOT be serious.” Said Lavender, as she chewed on a chocolate frog, “your first kiss was Colin Creevy?!”


Rachel nodded and hid her face in a cushion, “It was in second year and it was a dare and he just kinda — came at me and…” her muffled voice paused for dramatic effect, “ JAMED HIS TOUNGE DOWN MY THROAT!”


The giggling began again at the dismay of Rachel, but Ginny rolled her eyes, as she knew her fellow classmate must have been lying. Poor Colin would have never had the guts to ‘jam his tongue down anybodies throat’.


“Okay Hermione,” Laura said once the laughter had died down, “Who was yours?”

Hermione gave a start from behind the book she was reading. The rest of the girls in the dorm were staring at her, and it was now Ginny’s turn to start laughing — but she at least had the manners to do it silently in her pillow.


“Wha… what?” Hermione said, a dull blush creeping across her cheeks, “My what?”


Ginny felt horrible to leave her being questioned by the hyenas, but couldn’t bring herself to bail her out just yet. She wanted to remain as quiet as possible, just in case they got bored and started to discuss their favourite subject again — her own love life.


“Your first kiss,” said Parvati, rolling her eyes.


“Er…well,” Hermione stuttered and her blush deepened in colour even further. She tried to hide behind her book, but if she thought the rest of the girls were going to let this go, she was sadly mistaken.


“Don’t worry about it Hermione,” said Lavender with a smirk across her glossed lips, “It’s okay if you haven’t been kissed yet. I mean you are only sixteen, right?”


“I have been kissed, thank you very much!” exclaimed Hermione indignantly.


“Got proof?” asked Lavender and Parvati in unison.



“Yeah, she does actually,” said Ginny casually, “I saw her.”



Ginny felt she had left Hermione at the clutches of the rest of the girls for long enough. They all turned around to look at her in doubt, but the look on Ginny gave them was definitely proof enough. They turned their stare back onto Hermione.


“No way.” Whispered Laura, as Rachel and Cate stared at her dumbfounded.


“Yes way,” said Hermione getting her confidence back as she went back to her book. But Lavender didn’t let her get away that easily.


“Who was it then?” she asked, her voice sounding maddening, “Was it Ron or Harry?”


Hermione dropped her book in shock. “What makes you think it was either Harry or Ron?”


It was Parvati’s turn to smirk now. “How stupid do you think we are Hermione? You spend all your time with two guys and you don’t expect us to assume — wait, to know that you must fancy at least one of them. We’re not completely dumb, y’know.”


“Yeah, well, your doing a good impression of it.” She said under her breath.


“Ha ha, so funny Hermione. Just tell us who it is.” Lavender said.


“Or what?”


“We’ll keep bugging you about it,” Parvati said as she hopped onto her bed and got within inches of her face, “Over and over and over…”


“And you know we won’t let up,” said Lavender casually, helping herself to another chocolate frog, “We never do. In fact, if you don’t tell us, we may even have to ask Ron or Harry themselves. One of them might get a wee bit jealous if you ask me.”


Ginny could see Hermione start to weaken. She tried to think of a way out for her, but couldn’t find of one. It looked like Hermione was trapped — poor thing.


“Oh alright FINE.”


The rest of the girls squealed in delight and jumped on her bed. Ginny followed them with her eyebrows raised and a small smile tugging at the sides of her lips.


“My first kiss…” Hermione started, “Wasn’t with either Ron or Harry.”


“What?!” said Lavender choking on the chocolate frog she was eating.


“Whatever!” exclaimed Parvati. She turned around to look at Ginny,


“Is this true?”


“Yep.” She said proudly. “I’m not saying that she doesn’t like one of them though…”


Hermione slapped Ginny across her arm.


“Who then?” asked Lavender, recovering from choking on her chocolate frog. She must not have heard Ginny’s last comment.


The girls in the dorm were in rapt attention. They were looking at Hermione in almost hungry eyes, wanting to grab hold of such a juicy bit of gossip.


“Viktor Krum.”


Five girls let out screams of surprise while Ginny started laughing hysterically. Hermione gave them all a sly smile.


Ginny remembered that day about half a year ago. She was coming out of the castle hand in hand with Michael when she saw Viktor drag Hermione behind some trees and kiss her abruptly. She smiled at the thought of her dear older brother seeing what she was remembering now.


“OH-MY-FRICKIN’-GOSH!” screamed Cate, “VIKTOR KRUM!”


“I don’t believe it.” Whispered Rachel, as if she was out of breath, “no way. I just can’t.”


“Well, they were getting pretty cosy at the Yule Ball in fourth year…” said Parvati thoughtfully.


“And he did seem to have the hots for her…” added Lavender.


“When was this?” asked Laura, with a touch of spite in her voice.


“At the end of my fourth year, when we were waiting for our carriages.” Said Hermione, who suddenly had a deep pink blush on her face. ‘You won’t tell anyone, will you?”


“Nah, we won’t,” said Parvati, stealing one of Lavender’s chocolate frogs, “If you want to keep it a secret than we will. We’re not completely evil.”


Hermione made a face.


“We won’t tell! Honest!” said Cate, nodding her head ditzily.


“Are you going out with him?” asked Laura.


“No! I mean… no… but he did ask…” said Hermione turning redder by the second.


There was a dead silence in the dormitory. Even Rachel, who was mid-way through chewing a Liquorice Wand, stopped to gape at her. Again.


“Victor Krum,” Said Parvati, “the famous Quidditch player, the guy who has nearly every girl in the whole school with a poster of him hanging on their wall, not to mention is four — count ’em, FOUR — years older than you, asked you out?”


“And you said ‘no’?” Asked Rachel, with a look of dismay on her face.


‘Um yeah, I did…” she said slowly, “Is that wrong?”


For the second time that night five girls in that dorm started to scream as another burst out laughing.


“Why, Hermoine? WHY?!” asked Lavender falling off the bed with a pained expression.


“Well, because I… because I…” Hermione looked down at her quilt cover and stated to trace the intricate designs with her finger, “don’t like him in that way.”


All the rest of the girls (minus Ginny of course) fell off Hermione’s bed in expiration. Ginny let out a small giggle and slid over to where Hermione was sitting, slipped an arm around her shoulder and watched while the other girls were screaming with terror on the floor because of the fact that Hermione had said no to Viktor, and because they had all crashed into each other on their way off Hermione’s bed.


“They’re making a big deal out of this, aren’t they?” Asked Hermione, as Ginny nodded her head.


Ginny knew enough about these girls to know that they would. She was just happy that they weren’t picking on her tonight.


“No, seriously Hermione,” Said Lavender’s re-appearing head, “Why didn’t you say yes? I mean, I know you said you didn’t like him in that way, but you must have found him at least a little bit, oh, I don’t know, fun?”


“Yeah, of course I did! He is a really good friend.” Said Hermione.


“Is it because of someone else?” Parvati asked suspiciously.


Hermione looked uncomfortable. Ginny could see the two things Hermione was most certain of trying to fight their way out of her mouth. They were of course to tell the truth, and to hide all feelings she ever felt towards one redheaded wizard.


“Maybe…” Said Hermione, now looking out the window beside her bed for any sign of changing the subject.


“Is it Ron?”


Ginny watched as Hermione’s head snapped straight to Parvati’s intense gaze. It was if her dark brow eyes were ploughing into Hermione’s bushy head. She didn’t really have to try hard because the expression on Hermione’s face had given it all away. Ginny couldn’t stand it anymore - she had to shove a chocolate frog in her mouth to stop herself from laughing out loud again.


“N…no….” Hermione said, though no one believed her.


“Oh, c’mon Hermione!” exclaimed Lavender when she had hoisted herself on top of her bed, “We know it has to be either Ron or Harry, and with the way you and Ron always act around each other, we’re kind of suspicious.”


“What do you mean, ‘the way we always act around each other?’ we don’t act like anything!” Hermione said while a blush redder than before had appeared on her face.


“Whatever. You’re always fighting and arguing, and everyone in our year knows it’s because,” Lavender, like Rachel paused for dramatic effect, “of all the sexual tension.”


All the girls started to cackle again. Ginny was about to join in, but faltered after the seeing the look on poor Hermione’s face.


“I don’t know why you’re so embarrassed Hermione,” Said Cate, still chuckling, “Ron isn’t all that bad… especially since this year. You know, he’s filled out pretty well…”


It was true. Ron had been working out during the summer, as Fred and George loved to remind him. He said that it was for Quidditch reasons, but Ginny knew it was because he was starting to realise his feelings for a certain bushy-haired witch.


“And,” Rachel said dreamily, “He has really big feet.”


This was too much for Ginny. She couldn’t take her own silence anymore.


“That is beyond disgusting!” she yelled as the rest of the girls collapsed into a fit of laughter, “This is my brother you’re talking about! I am so not listening to you people anymore…”


“Calm down Gin!” Cate said, wiping a tear away from her eye, “We’re only mucking around. And besides, Ron has definitely improved.”


“He’s still not as hot as Harry though,” Said Laura, twirling her blond hair around her finger, “He’s gotten buff as well. And he’s tall, dark and handsome…”


Ginny caught Hermione’s eye.


“And mysterious,” Rachel added, “y’know, kind of like the brooding bad boy type…”


For the first time tonight, it was Hermione who squealed with laughter as Ginny joined in with her.


“What?” Rachel asked uncertainly. She didn’t know Harry the way Ginny and Hermione knew him. And if he had heard the conversation right now, his face would have been absolutely priceless.


“Nah, I could never go for Harry,” said Lavender, “don’t get me wrong, he’s completely hot and everything, but he’s got too much baggage. He’d be too complicated too deal with.”


Ginny felt a white-hot anger flicker up inside of her.


“Shut-up Lavender.” She said, “He doesn’t need that. You don’t know what he’s been through and no-body in his place would need that.’


“Whoa, Gin!” she said defensively, “easy tiger. I didn’t mean to sound rude or anything, but it is the truth. Harry would need someone to fall in love with or whatever and I reckon he doesn’t need another casual relationship that most guys want at this age. That most girls want at this age.”


Ginny kicked herself mentally. She was so defensive when it came to Harry. Not even Hermione had retaliated, and she was supposed to be one of his best friends… then why was she so protective of Harry? Was it because she still liked him?


“No Ginny,” she said to herself in thought, ‘you do not fancy Harry Potter anymore. You are with Dean Thomas. Dean Thomas…”


“Hey Ginny, how’re you and Dean going?” Asked Laura innocently.


She forced a smile, “Alright I guess. We’re going on our first date this Saturday to Hogsmead.”


There was a cry of ‘aww, how cute’ from the girls. Ginny usually wouldn’t talk about her love life without a struggle to keep it private first. But with her last out burst still ringing in her ears, she decided to move the subject on as fast as she possibly could.


“So,” Rachel smirked, “Are you going to do anything with him?”


“Rachel!” Hermione said in a shocked tone, “Ginny wouldn’t do anything of the sort!”


Ginny bit her lip. She had the same thoughts over and over again while dating Michael. He had always wanted something more than just harmless kissing, but Ginny had always refused. She had never admitted it to anyone but Hermione, but it was part of the reason why they had broken up in the first place. That and because of bloody Cho Chang and interfering big brothers.


“Oh come on, we don’t mean sex or anything,” Lavender said, “I just mean, y’know, whatever. Okay let me re-phrase that. How far did you go with Corner?”


“Not far… just kissing and making out really… no, not that kind of making out!” she exclaimed as she saw the look Rachel and Laura were sharing.


“Well, would you ever go further than that with Dean? Or anyone, for that matter?”


Ginny thought for a moment. “Only if I fell in love with him. I mean, could you imagine what Fred, George and Ron would do to him if they found out? It’s hard enough for me to get a date around her already.”


“Too true.” Said Cate.


“Can I ask you another personal question Gin?" Asked Parvati.


“I guess…” answered Ginny uncertainly.


“Why did you and Michael break-up? And don’t give me any of this, ‘over Quidditch’ crap. We all know it’s not the reason.”


All the girls looked stunned at the frankness in Parvarti’s voice. Ginny came to the conclusion that it was because of the bust up of her and Dean’s off and on again relationship, and the fact that she was now dating him. She felt bad about it, but Parvati had dumped him, and she just wasn’t taking Dean seriously. Even though Ginny and him had agreed that their dating was purely a fun thing, it did make her feel uneasy that she still had feelings for him, and he probably her. But then again, sometimes, when no-body was looking she would sometimes sneak a look over Harry’s way.


“Stop it!” she thought furiously, “You haven’t thought like that for a year and a half now! Now is not a good time to start again!”


But then again, the affection she was feeling towards Harry wasn’t the same as it used to be. Ever since Harry had been coming to talk to her about things and really start to open up, this new ‘love’ had been growing inside of her. Wait. Love?!


“Gin, er, are you alright?” Hermione asked quizzically, bringing Ginny out of her confusing thoughts.


“What? Oh, yeah, I’m fine.” she said shaking her head, “Okay then… so you want to know why Michael and I broke up?”


They all nodded their heads and got themselves comfortable. Ginny had never told anybody the real reasons before, and now would probably be as good as a time as any.


“It all started when I met him at the Yule Ball a while ago. I had always thought he was pretty cute, but had always been, um, ‘preoccupied’ with someone else before then.”


They all smiled knowingly at each other. It was common knowledge that Ginny Weasley had had the biggest crush on Harry Potter since she had first laid eyes on him at Kings Cross Station all those years ago. Common knowledge to everyone except Harry, of course.


“So, yeah, that night I realised that he would never fancy me back and was completely smitten with… Cho Chang.” She said with disgust.


“What’s up with you and her anyway?” asked Lavender questioningly.


Laura answered this. “It all began on first day of Hogwarts. Ginny was walking backwards and accidently crashed into her and she spilt pumpkin Juice she had in a flask all over herself,” Laura giggled at the memory of this, “She started yelling at Gin like she was all high and mighty, and Ginny being Ginny, yelled back. They’ve hated each other ever since.”


“But they don’t look like they hate each other,” said Parvati, “In the D.A. they were being pretty civil.”


“Only because Harry was there.” Ginny said heavily.


“What does that have to do with Harry?”


“I’ll explain in my story.” Said Ginny, “anyway, I was pretty upset when I saw Harry goggling at her the way Ron was looking at Hermione’ (Hermione turned a shade of red again for the umpteenth time tonight) ‘and decided that from now on I would try to start getting over the guy. It was pretty hard when Neville had to go to the hospital Wing after eating something nasty and leaving me alone, so I went to sit down. Then this guy — Michael of course — asked me to dance as he had gotten into a fight with his date. So yeah, we had a good time and continued to talk and stuff during the year. He did ask me out a couple of times, but I was trying to get over Harry and knocked him back. At the end of the year I finally said yes, and we started going out.


“So yeah, the problems started to show themselves at the beginning of my fourth year and his sixth. I had decided to sit with Harry on my way back to Hogwarts, and Michael got all jealous. But we smoothed it out, yata, yata, and we were back on merry way again. He then found out that I used to have a crush on him and that he had spent most of the holidays with my family and me, and his jealousy began to get insane. To cap it all off, someone’ (she cast an evil look at Hermione) ‘let it slip to my git of a brother Ron that I had a boyfriend. He then told the rest of my ugly big brothers and they started to give Michael a hard time — you know, sending him howlers, testing all of Fred and George’s mad inventions on him, hexing him when he wasn’t looking — the works.”


“Damn.” Said Lavender shaking her head.


“Yeah.” Ginny sighed “We were so close to breaking up so many times, but we managed to keep it together. I mean, it wasn’t all bad… we did have a lot of fun moments. Well, until I found out that he used to fancy Cho.”


“Why should that bother you? You did used to fancy Harry.”


“It wouldn’t usually. It was just the way that he kept going on about her, and he always kept staring at her. In fact, when I became seeker for the Quidditch team, he asked me if I could let Ravenclaw win if we ever versed them, because he felt sorry for her.” Ginny said with disgust, “Well, I thought he was joking. It turns out he wasn’t, and on the day grad-final day when we bet them, she cracked a mental’ (“we know — she looked like she was about to kill you.” giggled Rachel) ‘and he went spazo at me. Then we ended having this huge argument about everything — Him being jealous of Harry, Me being supposedly jealous of Cho, my brothers picking on him and not to mention the fact that he, er ‘tried’ to do stuff with me. I always said no though and he just kept getting frustrated. So I ended up spending the night I was supposed to be celebrating crying in my dorm room.”


There was a silence that filled the room. The girls had never known any of this (not even Hermione, who Ginny usually trusted with everything). Lavender broke it.



“That’s really depressing and all, but you didn’t explain why you and her weren’t trying to kill each other in front of Harry.”


Hermione did know this one though. “It’s because Cho knew that Ginny was Ron’s little sister, who is Harry’s best friend,” she sighed heavily, “Ginny didn’t say anything either as she thought it was between her and Cho.”


“Even if I did tell Harry, do you really think he’d take me seriously though?” Ginny pointed out, “We weren’t as good as friends then as we are now. He probably would have thought I was some jealous fan girl.”


The silence came back as the girls mulled things over. They all knew that Ginny’s accusations weren’t in vain — in fact Cho and Michael were still going out with each other. Their silence was rudely interrupted by the muffled clock down in the common room letting the girls know it was midnight. Mischievous grins were now plastered on all their girls’ faces — everyone’s except Hermione’s.


“Midnight.” Ginny whispered softly, “You know what happens now.”


It was a tradition that had started ever since the girls had started these get togethers. It was a tradition where two girls’ names were drawn out of a hat and dared to do something completely crazy and irrational, and were made to do it or the rest of the gang would tell all their deepest secret to the whole house. How else did all the Gryffindor’s in Hogwarts find out about Ginny fancying the boy who lived?


“Okay, it’s my turn to pull the names out of the hat,” said Laura excitedly.


She got off the bed and walked over to the dressing table by Lavender’s bed. She opened the third draw from the bottom and got out the old hat they used. It wasn’t any old hat though — it was in fact, Professor Lockhart’s one that he signed and gave Hermione for getting a hundred and eight percent on an exam he had set them. Though all the girls knew that Professor Lockhart had turned out to be a fake, they still used the hat for the game for sentimental reasons.


“Okay. Here I go.” Laura said, as if she was announcing the nominations for Teen Witches most drop dead guy.


Her perfectly manicured hand had pulled out the first piece of paper. She unfolded it and read out the name.


“Ginny Weasley.”


Ginny wasn’t fazed at all by this. In fact, she was hoping it would be her. “Yay!” she exclaimed brightly and jumped up and out of Hermione’s warm blankets.


“Ginny! You’re not supposed to be celebrating.” Said Cate smiling slightly, “It’s supposed to be a punishment where all the rest of the girl’s got the chance to laugh at you! You were always the weird one.”


Ginny poked her tongue out at her as Laura pulled out the next name.


“Hermione Granger.”


Ginny’s and Hermione’s expressions were completely different to each other. While Ginny was thrilled at the prospect of doing something like this, Hermione was not so happy.


“Oh c’mon guys!” Hermione wailed, as the rest of the girls burst out laughing, “Can’t we change? Please?”


“Oh, chill out Hermione.” Said Lavender, rolling her eyes, “We’ll be nice. And you have to do it — or we’ll spread all the juicy goss about you and Viktor — I’m not so sure Rom would be too happy…”


The girls burst out laughing again at the look Hermione gave her.


“Okay. The dare is…” Parvati started as the rest of the girls made drumming noises with their hands hitting the posts on Hermione’s bed “To go to the sixth years boys dorm, steal the most foul pair of underwear you can find in their trunks, and bring them back here.”


Ginny rolled her eyes at the stupidity of the dare. Hermione quivered.


“Oh come on, that’s pretty tame!” laughed Rachel, “Lets spice it up a little!”


“I know! Make ‘em go in their pyjamas — no cloaks!” smirked Parvati. She was probably still feeling bitter towards Ginny about Dean.


Ginny looked at Hermione. She was still looking quite scared at the prospect of being caught in the boys dorms at midnight, but she at least, had suitable pyjamas on. It was a white night dress that came down to just below her knees, and though was quite tight fitting, it looked a lot more decent than Ginny’s, for she was wearing a small pair of light blue sorts that looked more like hot-pants and a matching Singlet that barely reached her belly button. Ginny didn’t usually wear such revealing things to bed (as she preferred the old cannons shirt her brothers had grown out of), but everything else was in the wash.


“But it’s freezing!” Hermione said in despair.


Parvati shrugged her shoulders annoyingly. Ginny wanted to say no, but couldn’t look like a pansy in front of the other girls. Instead, she grabbed Hermione’s hand and dragged her out of the room.


Ginny held Hermione’s hand and dragged her until they reached the common room and out of ear-shot of the other girls.


“Hey Hermione, are you okay?” Ginny asked.


“Oh, I’m absolutely fine! I’m just about to break into the boy’s dorms, steal their underwear and-”


“Hermione!” said Ginny grabbing her shoulders, “Get a hold of yourself! It isn’t that big a deal. I’ll tell you what, you can grab Ron’s undies and I’ll get everyone else’s. Okay?”


Hermione nodded. “Okay… thanks. But why Ron’s?”


“Because,” Ginny said with a smirk, “ I’ve seen the state his can get into. I wouldn’t touch them with a ten foot pole.”


Hermione smacked her.


“I’ll take that as a yes then.” Said Ginny, heading for the boy’s dorms.


“Hang on a moment Gin,” said Hermione, pausing as though she was questioning herself about something. Ginny turned around and prompted her to continue. Hermione looked at her inquiringly and asked, “When did you and Harry get so close?”


Ginny was shocked as she wasn’t expecting this question. “I dunno. There wasn’t really a set time I guess… just when he started talking to me about Sirius.”


Hermione looked at her with a strange look in her eyes. It was as if something had clicked in her head.


“That doesn’t mean that there’s something going on!” Ginny exclaimed, “We’re just friends! I mean, he must talk to you and Ron, right?”


“Well actually,” said Hermione, still with the look on her face, “He doesn’t. I mean, not about Sirius at least. He doesn’t even talk to Lupin about him…”


This news shocked Ginny. Sure, she knew their relationship had definitely improved since last year, but she would have never imagined he would have confided something in her he didn’t even tell Ron and Hermione. But why though? Why had he confided in her? Ginny shook her thoughts out of her head. If he really trusted her with something, she wasn’t going to blow it. She would keep his secrets.


“C’mon,” said Ginny, grabbing Hermione’s hand again and leading her towards the boys dorms, “If we don’t hurry, mornings gonna come before we get the chance to even get up there.”


The girls walked steadily and quietly up to the highest dorm room. Ginny’s heart was thumping with adrenalin, while Hermione’s hand was shaking with worry. Ginny silently opened the door to a chorus of Neville and Ron’s thundering snores. She caught Hermione’s eye and suppressed a laugh. Hermione let go of her hand and walked over to Ron’s trunk and opened it quietly. She sat rummaging through it while Ginny started on Seamus’s and Neville’s. She giggled when she found a foul pair fading purple jocks in Seamus’s trunk and a pair of boxers covered in black and white sheep from Neville’s. She then went over to Dean’s trunk and looked at Hermione. She seemed to be entranced with something in Ron’s trunk but couldn’t see what.


When Ginny started to look through Dean’s trunk, he found something she had not planed on finding. It was a photo of himself and Parvati, looking extremely happy. Ginny looked at it for a while, and decided something that had been weighing on her heart for a while now. She had to break up with Dean. Their relationship had been fun and all, but she could see that no matter how badly Parvati treated him, He was in love with her. And with the way that she was acting tonight, it seemed that she was in love with him too. Ginny smiled and grabbed a pair of bright blue briefs. Hey, if she going to let Parvati have her boyfriend, then she had to accept all of him — ugly undies and all.


“Hey Ginny!” whispered Hermione, as though she was finding it hard to control herself, “Check these out!”


Ginny looked over her shoulder as Hermione showed her brother’s foulest underwear. They were Bright yellow, orange and red, and would have clashed horribly with his hair. Ron had had them since Ginny could remember and wouldn’t let his mother throw them out as he considered them to be his lucky-undies as he had worn then the day he won the Quidditch final, and the day he passed his potions O.W.L. on his path to become an auror.


“Listen, take these back up to the dorm and I’ll meet you back there,” Said Ginny when the giggles had subsided, “I just have to get a pair from Harry, and that’ll only take me a sec.”


Hermione nodded and took the underpants Ginny was holding and slipped quietly out the door. Ginny then went to sit by Harry’s trunk and open it. She felt bad going through his things, but knew she had to. And besides, it was only one pair on undies. Right?


She looked up onto his bed and realised something that neither she nor Hermione had not realised before. Harry was not in his bed. Panic started to fill Ginny. What if he’s hurt? Was the first thing that ran trough Ginny’s mind. But the, she reasoned with herself, he was probably just walking around the grounds like she knew he did sometimes to clear his mind. She blew a sigh of relief.


Ginny went back to his trunk and started to rummage through it. She didn’t know why she wanted to be alone while looking through his things, but she did. I guess I’m just trying to understand him she thought to herself.


After about five minutes of rummaging through clothes, books and a photo album she decided not to look at, she found a pair of dark green boxer shorts. Well their not exactly ugly, but they’ll have to do.


She closed the trunk, got up and was about to slip through the door when she heard footsteps coming up the passage. Dread started to consume Ginny as she searched the room for place to hide. With the footsteps getting louder, Ginny’s panic started to rise. Then she spotted a cupboard right in the corner of the room, which thankfully, was empty. She got in just as soon as the Dorm door was slowly pushed open and closed again. Ginny was unable to close the door properly in time, so had to settle with their being a small crack she could peak through. Ginny looked at who had entered the room — it must have been Harry. He must be in his Invisibility cloak Ginny thought, as she remembered the countless times this year they head snuck around the school under it.


Harry took off the cloak. Ginny could see his face through the shine of the moon through the window. His features were different now to the ones she remembered as a ten year old. His face before was childish and cute, but now his jaw line was more prominent, his Adams apple was visible and a small stubble could be seen around his chin and mouth. The only things that hadn’t changed about his appearance were his messy jet-black hair, lightening shaped scar and his now tired but alert green eyes.


Ginny was so transfixed by his face that she didn’t even realise he was starting to undress. Ginny knew she needed to look away, that she should look away, but she just couldn’t. His body had transfixed her just as his face did. He had definitely been ‘buffing-up’ this year as he now had a prominent six-pack and full biceps. Ginny tore her eyes away. Ginny you idiot! She thought furiously to herself you will not perve on Harry!


All movement stopped. Ginny turned back to her peeping hole again. To her complete and utter horror, Harry was staring right at the cupboard. Right at her.


“Ginny?” He said uncertainly, as if he wanted to make himself believe he wasn’t seeing her standing there in minuscule pyjamas.


There was no way out of this. She just had to grin and bare it.


“Hi Harry!” she said brightly, as if there was nothing more natural in the world than seeing him topless.


“Hi.” He said blankly. “What are you doing here?”


“Er, well, you see…” Ginny couldn’t tell him the truth. All the girls had all promised that if any of them were caught during a dare, they would never tell of their true nature there.


“Oh. I get it.” He said with a dawning comprehension on his face. Ginny knew that in this situation, Harry was probably adding two and two together to make eight hundred, “You were, er, with Dean?”


Ginny gaped at him. She could not imagine that Harry would think that she could do something like that.


“Of course not!” she said indignantly as she felt him give her a stare with those brilliant green eyes. It was if he was reading her mind…


“Okay, I believe you.” He said after what felt like forever, “So, what are you doing here?”


“I can’t tell you.” Ginny said, getting her spunk back, “Maybe one day I might.”


Harry gave her a lopsided grin. “Oh! Be careful when you get out of that cupboard-”


But it was too late. Ginny had tripped over a shoe that was probably left by Ron as the cupboard was right next to his bed. Luckily, Harry caught her before she hit the ground. Ginny looked up into those green eyes again. She knew at once that it was a mistake because once she started looking into them; she couldn’t look away…


A grunt from Ron’s bed snapped them out of their trance. His slow figure sat up, rubbed his eyes, and stared at the situation in front of him.


“Wha?” he said stupidly.


“You’re dreaming Ron,” said Ginny, thinking quickly.


“Oh. Okay then.” And with that, he got back under his quilt, and within seconds, his snoring had started again.


Ginny and Harry both let out a nervous laugh before they both realised what a close proximity they were in. Ginny was still in her barely their pyjamas, and Harry in his boxer shorts. Ginny could feel Harry’s breath on her body, his bare skin touching hers…


“Well… um, I’d better go.” Ginny said softly. “Goodnight Harry.”


“Nite Gin.”


And with that, Ginny left the dorm, still shaken up about being so close to Harry in minimal clothes, but proud that she still had his under-wear in hand and he hadn’t even realised.



~FIN~




A/N Well, there you have it! My very first fan fiction! If you liked it (or even if you completely hated it - just don't flame me) PLEASE read and Review!
Reviews 29
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear