Search:

SIYE Time:9:00 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Angel of Mine
By Lizzie Weasley

- Text Size +

Category: Haunted House Challenge (2004-5)
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 36
Summary: ** Winner of Best Romantic in the Haunted House Challenge **
The Haunted House maze is almost done. The students will be challenged to find the costume party in the center or else the can't go to the dance at all. But along with finding a way to the center of the maze, Ginny also is challenged with finding a way to the center of a certain Mr. Potter's heart. But maybe it isn't as hard as it seems. She just needs a pair of an angel wings.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4816



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


A/N) This little filet is an entry to the SIYE Halloween Writing Challenge and dedicated to the Halloween spirit. I made it up right before I fell asleep last night so I think it came out pretty well. My best ideas usually come out right before I fall asleep. So read on and enjoy. After all it was written for you. Don’t you feel special now? ^_^
~Love from Lizzie


Angel Of Mine

--------------------



The order sheet had been up for over a week and yet Hermione and Ginny still had not even come up with an idea for a costume. The Halloween party would be in only two days and their minds were blank with ideas. That was why, as Harry and Ron ordered the first years around the room in the second Gryffindor tent, they were sitting by the nearest window, thrown over a book of costumes. The process for the room decorating was simple- order the first years around to get the job done- so most of the work didn’t require the two girls’ help.

“You do know you need to order that by tonight, right?” Ron asked as he handed a string of fake bats to a little blonde girl. The little girl looked absolutely revolted but took the string without question. Ron had asked this question at least twenty times so far today and by the looks of it Hermione wasn’t getting used to it. Either that or she was beginning to enjoy the attention.

Hermione gave off a menacing growl and looked up at Ron from the magazine she and Ginny were sharing. “Yes, Ron. I know when to order. You’ve already informed me!” she screeched as she had each time he asked.

And again as always he responded, “Okay, just wondering.”

Hermione rolled her eyes and turned back to the magazines and opened one so fitfully she tore off a small piece of the corner. Ginny searched her friend with a glance and could tell that even despite the fumes she was giving off from her temper, Hermione was hiding a smile behind that scowl, one she was just too scared to show. She would never let that boy get the better of her. She’d never let Ron win. Ginny smiled to herself and went back to look for ideas knowing her time for a costume idea was very limited at the moment.

“Because you know…” Ron paused for a second as if to let Hermione heat up again. Hermione however only looked highly amused. But if Ron was looking for someone to annoy he had succeeded with Ginny. Did he ever know when to shut his fat mouth? “As you are the Head girl, if you were to show up, like, not dressed up and stuff you would be setting a very bad example for the little children. I mean what would the first years think?” Ron grabbed up a first year girl with curly black hair and showed her squished up face to Hermione with a great mocking gasp, who was starting a fit of laughter. The offended first year stamped Ron's foot as she walked away and Ron winced in pain. And then as though to pretend nothing unusually embarrassing happened, such as being beat up by and 11 year old, Ron turned back to sealing a skeleton to hang from the ceiling.

Ginny looked up at Hermione and saw her silently snicker to herself, turn her face back serious, and then retort in response as always. That girl. She could never give up a fight.

“Well what if I showed up not dressed at all. What then?”

Ron gawked at her opened mouthed and dropped the skeleton from his grip. Hermione stood up slowly from her chair and pranced in a sort of strut over to Ron. Ron gave off a whiff of a nervous laugh and got to his feet towering over her as she looked up at him, both with large grins on their faces.

“Well then, little missy, I guess I’d have to say that would defiantly be setting an even worse example,” Ron said in something short of a flirty whisper.

Ginny could still hear from where she was and listened intently. She didn’t like to think of it as snooping; it was more…observing. Besides Harry was doing it too; he hadn’t stretched out another yard of fake spider web since about the time Hermione had answered Ron back the first time.

“But you don’t mind me being a bad girl do you?” Hermione walked her fingertips up Ron's chest and placed them on his lips. He kissed them sweetly and then pulled them away from his mouth with his own hands.

“Hey! Hey! That is unwanted physical contact!” Ron said loudly pointing an accused finger down at Hermione as she smiled back up at him.

“Oh, I don’t know what you mean, Ron.” Hermione winked at him and fluttered her eyelashes. “Do you really not want this?” She traced his face with a finger from her free hand and gooseflesh burst suddenly on his arms and a flush rose on his cheeks.

“God, you know I want it, Hermione.” Ron kissed her fingers again, wiggling his eyes brows suggestively, and she bit her lip tentatively.

“Well then, you’ll just have to wait. Because you can’t have this until you’ve earned it. And you can’t earn if your not being nice.” Hermione smiled up at Ron again and then turned away to flounce back over to her and Ginny's chairs.

Ron had a flush that spread from his ears that was redder than even his own hair, but his was grinning all the same.


“Back to work now, Ronald,” Hermione said waving her hand at Ron as she sat back down at Ginny's side.

Ron bowed deeply and picked up the skeleton from the floor. “As you wish, love.” Hermione laughed as he shoved the skeleton into a small brown hair boy’s hands and taught him how to magic the skeleton to the ceiling.

Ginny watched Hermione now as she gazed over the pages of the magazine. Her face was flushed happily, and she was still wearing that sappy grin that made all single people sick to the stomach. Oh how Ginny wished to possess that sappy grin and the ability to make people feel as if they wanted to hurl like she did now just by watching them.

Harry was now fixing a zombie corpse in a coffin, and Ginny watched him intently as he did it. She didn’t even notice the tears slipping down her face until Hermione asked her what was wrong.

“Nothing,” Ginny replied a little too quickly shrugging off Hermione's hand and wishing she wouldn’t be so weak over something like this. And she only looked at him! Ginny wasn’t weak until it came to this. This was her weakness. Harry was her weakness. He had been now for an entire year- ever since she had talked with him the summer after his fifth year.

It had been a year and a half now since then, but he had spoken so deep and personal then and opened up his heart to her in a way that she knew she’d never be able to stop thinking about it. She had never shared that type of feeling with any other person, a moment so intimate and personal- one that would stay with you forever. If Ron and Hermione had never been together it would have never happened either. If Harry hadn’t felt so distance to them at that moment, she never would have shared it with him. But she did. Oh, and would she remember it forever. He cried to her, asked her for support. And she gave it to him; she gave it all, her entire heart then and forever since.

Hermione smiled down at Ginny understanding the glassy look in her eyes and then stood from her chair. “I think I’ll leave you alone for a little while okay? Just to think a little bit,” she whispered so that only Ginny could hear and then gave a little wink. “I’m going to go help out a bit as well. I can’t stand leaving Ron in charge of something for more than three seconds.” Ginny nodded her head a little, never more thankful to see Hermione's bushy head disappear into the crowd of workers again and then Ron's red haired, self skipping happily after her, oblivious to everything.

As Ginny tuned back to the magazine, intent on focusing her attention back on the task at hand and to stop herself from crying any further, five fingers embraced her magazine and pulled it from her grip.

“Hey!” she exclaimed and tried to grab it back but her watery brown eyes came face to face with none other than Harry's green ones. A shuttering breath escaped Ginny's lips, and she let the magazine be torn away from her grip yet again. It was as if for that one quick second his icy green eyes had looked into the very depths of her soul and then and there Harry knew of ever secret that had ever possessed her.

“What’s wrong?”

Well the whole ‘knowing all her secrets’ thing was just shattered there. So much for thinking he’d finally understand her feelings now. But it sure felt like it. Those emerald green eyes were more captivating than… No! They couldn’t be captivating. They weren’t beautiful. They weren’t hers. She couldn’t keep saying that! They were Harry's! Not hers!

“Nothing,” she said almost gaily. She was lying again and getting pretty damn good at it too. She smiled sweetly at him trying to fool his pitiful mind into believing she was nice and happy. But gosh, was it annoying to pretend to be happy. She was even smiling so grandly it was beginning to hurt her cheeks .To be happy, joyful, and chipper. Damn it to hell.

Harry didn’t seem to be falling for it though. He always could see right through her ever since that night- ever since their souls connected. Well that’s how Ginny felt about it anyway. To Harry it was more… the night they became friends. The night she was more than Ron's little baby sister. More than ‘that annoying pestering little girl who follows her big brother and his friends around like a puppy dog’. You know? The one with the red hair? Yeah, her.

Harry kept looking around uncomfortably then must have finally decided amongst himself because the next second, he looked back down in Ginny's eyes again.

"You want to maybe go for a walk or something?" he asked, holding out a hand for her to take.

Ginny kept repeating to herself over and over reasons why she couldn't take it, but her feet didn't seem to be listening to her anymore. Instead, she took his hand with a large smile and didn't think on anything different.

No, Ginny! No. You shouldn’t be here. He doesn’t love you. You know that. So why do you keep doing this to yourself? You supposed to stay as far away as possible. Stop doing this.

She didn’t even hear her own mind begging her to stop going on from there, but her hand just wouldn’t let go of his. She kept on following, and she didn’t know why. It was her heart she was following, even though it was the brain making the most sense.

She let Harry lead her through a gap in the tent and out onto the entrance of the Quidditch Pitch. He led her along the outer wall of the Pitch and through the edge of the Forbidden Forest. A cool breeze whiffed through the trees and lifted her hair. But when she went to tuck it back behind her ear, she realized that her hand was still in Harry's. It felt warm against her own, and she noticed as it pressed lightly against her palm while they walked on.

She shouldn't be here. She really shouldn't be here. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. She was supposed to be trying to get as far away from him as possible to stop these feelings that just seemed to keep growing. But, oh, did it feel so right, his hand in hers.

"Do you want to talk now?" Harry asked suddenly giving one more tight squeeze of her hand and then gently letting go, breaking Ginny back into reality. She realized that her hand felt empty now that his wasn't there to hold.

"No," she whispered hanging her head to watch her feet move across the grass, smoothing out clumps to form a sort of trail behind them as they went.

"Okay.” His answer had been final and unquestioning, and it was actually quite a surprise he didn’t press on.

Ginny looked up at his green eyes again and saw that they were smiling just like that gorgeous smile on his face. She hadn't expected him to be so compassionate about her privacy. She had expected him to be just like Ron and bug everything out of her. That had always make her tingle at heart, a little, in a way that made her feel as though, maybe, her feelings were worth something; their time anyway. But his smile, the less persistence and the respect for her he showed, made her feel not only cherished but also loved.

...Of course, the love of a friend. Just a friend.

"But I just want to let you know." Ginny looked up to see his head down as well as he spoke. "That, well, if you do need someone to talk to, I'm here for you."

Ginny felt a blush creep up her face and rest somewhere about her ears like Ron's always did. She felt like blurting everything out- just telling him everything she ever felt for him and how much it hurt to know he didn’t love her in return. But… she didn’t.

"Thanks, Harry, but I just need to figure this one out on my own."

"Okay," he whispered with a smile.

There aren't many smiles that come about that are truly genuine, but his was one of them. She had never seen a more beautiful smile in the world than the one on Harry's face just then. It was something that she just couldn’t describe; it was more a feeling than anything.

The burning in her cheeks rose again as his eyes dug into her own, but she just couldn’t turn away. Her heart was aching for her to tear her eyes but she couldn’t. They were glued onto his.

"But I do owe you one," Harry whispered giving her a secretive wink. “I mean you did help me a little summer before last.” He gave a nod of his head for reason Ginny didn’t understand, and then he too began to watch their feet travel across the grounds, smashing down grass along the way

Ginny smiled. "You owe me nothing. I did it for you."

Harry blushed at these words and didn’t dare take his eyes away from the ground now. "But, if you do need something-"

"I'll look you up okay?"

Harry smiled down at her looking deep in her eyes and gave another one of those beautiful smiles that told her everything would be okay. "That'll be fine."

He nodded his head again and then slipped his hand back into hers again sending tingles and shivers down her spine.

And together they walked, just like he had proposed- just walked.... but what a wonderful walk it was.
o~*o~*o~*o

It seemed funny to see a thousand or so students dressed up in front of the Quidditch Pitch the next afternoon. There were ghosts (Nick looked highly offended and was staring at them with a scowl), skeletons, the Muggle image of witches, clowns (which scared the hell out of Ginny), and so many others. Parvati and Lavender had done, as many girls had done, and dressed up like two princesses, and Dean and Seamus must have been begged by them to dress as princes.

Ginny adjusted the halo on her head and scratched between her shoulder blades at an itch she couldn’t quite reach. The angel gown was so comfortable and flowing, but Lord, were the accessories the most aggravating things to wear. Hermione had helped her pick out her costume before the order was sent out yesterday. But now, she wished she hadn't listened when the girl had said she'd look 'ravishing' as and angel.

Hermione herself was dressed in a short, light green fairy costume with a torn miniskirt and a skimpy, tanked top. Her hair was waved but not as frizzy as usual. Loose leaves and flowers were embroidered in her waves and glitter outlined her eyes in a serious streak of sparkles. She looked absolutely lovely, and, compared to Ginny, she was the bell of the ball.

Ginny tugged on the white, puffy sleeves of her gown and tried to maybe give some bounce to her limp straight hair. No body whatsoever was formed in her poor attempts though. Maybe she should have worn it up. She wished her hair would take to that curling spell Lavender taught her, but it didn't. Hermione had offered to help curl it with some Muggle contraption called a curler, but it looked absolutely lethal. Ginny had refused point blank for Hermione to take one step closer with that horrible thing in her grasp.

"Where do you think Ron and Harry are?" Hermione yelled throughout the air, hoping for Ginny to hear her over the roar of the student’s voices.

Oh Ginny heard all right, and her heart sunk to her knees when she heard it. Well just
Harry's name to be more specific.

"Uh, I do-don't know." Ginny swallowed down the knot that choked her throat and drove the thought of Harry from her mind. It worked for a minute or two when she found one of the Hufflepuff zombie girls decided to start the dance before the party began and started to moon walk her way across the Pitch. But a lot of good it did. The next second or two, Ron was calling out Hermione's name from the crowd and he and Harry pranced over to Hermione and Ginny, knocking the Hufflepuff girl to the ground. They were both wearing slacks and dress shirts and looked a little out of place among the sea of creatures, monsters, and mystics.

"Why didn't you dress up?" Hermione inquired of Harry and Ron, her hands on her hips. "You were fussing at me just yesterday about not dressing up."

"Yeah but you did, and you look hot, love." Ron grabbed Hermione in his arms and kissed her forcefully on the mouth. She didn't seem to be very pleased though and fought back at him eventually tearing her lips from him.

"Do that again and I'll hex you into next Tuesday!" Hermione threatened pointing her wand at him now. The funny thing about that was that she had put a felt star at the tip of it and draped ribbons down it to look 'fairy-ish', and it didn’t appear very intimidating anymore.

"Why babe? You know you like it," Ron said lightly rubbing her bare arm with his finger and wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Hermione slapped his hand away from her sharply and stared at him dangerously.

"You didn't answer me!"

"Ouch. But we are dressed up, love. We're Muggles. Why? Can't you tell?" Ron said indicating his and Harry's dress. Hermione’s scowl fell slightly and instead she choked on a hidden laugh.

“Muggles? Now that’s original.”

“Well, we were sort of lost for ideas, and we had nothing else to wear,” Harry shrugged his hand in his front pockets.

Ginny watched him stand there mesmerized at how nicely his eyes went with his dark green dress shirt. He looked quite handsome in fact. But then again, when did he ever not?

A blush crept over Harry's cheeks and Ginny realized it was because she had been staring at him, and he had most definitely noticed. Ron must have too because a large smile plastered his face now and Hermione had to elbow him in the ribs to stop.

“We’re going to go ahead, okay?” Hermione said as she linked her arms with Ron, who was still rubbing his side muttering to himself, and turned for the haunted house maze. “We have to regulate the Prefects moving along inside. Are you two going to be okay by yourselves?”

“If we get too scared we’ll let you know alright?” Harry winked at Hermione who suddenly looked ready to burst out laughing.

“You watch yourself, Harry or you’ll turn out just like Ron,” Hermione giggled as she led Ron towards the entrance gate.

Ginny could hear Ron suddenly shout out, “And why wouldn’t he want to be like me?” when Harry finally turned to her.

“You look really nice,” Harry said suddenly and Ginny felt a fresh wave of heat take over her body starting from her toes.

“Thanks,” Ginny whispered looking up at Harry sheepishly and then she realized he was blushing as well.

“Yeah, but don’t you think it’s a bit of a mischaracterization?” he said suggestively flicking her halo with his finger.

“What do you mean?” Ginny inquired, suddenly sounding shamefully like Hermione.

“Well, I mean, you’re sweet and everything, but an angel…” Harry winked at her and laughed when she started to blush yet again. She seemed to be blushing a lot lately.

“And you Mr. Potter?” Ginny snickered, her hands on her hips. “Are you such an angel yourself?”

“Pure as can be,” he said looking quite offended that she would ever think otherwise. Ginny pinched him playfully on his arm and together, they both set off in a fit of laughter.

A few seconds later Professor McGonagall boomed over the noise of the crowd, her voice magnified at least ten times over. “All students please report to the maze gate! When the whistle blows, you are to start straight thought the room in front of you and find your way around the haunted house. In the middle of the maze a party has been organized thanks to the Hogwarts’s Head Boy and Girl and the house prefects. If you happen to get lost within the maze you must send up red sparks and you will be sent to the beginning after only a few seconds. Please, students, resist panic. Madame Pomfrey doesn’t want any more visitors at this hour.”

A whistle blew from a distance and cheers erupted from the gatherers along the gate in a great boom. Harry linked his arm with Ginny as Hermione and Ron had done moments earlier and looked down at her grinning ear to ear.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

Ginny felt ready to drop to the ground her knees were quaking so hard. The only thing that held her up was Harry's supporting arm. Funnily enough it was also the cause of her weakness.

Ginny smiled shakily and nodded feebly in reply.

Harry dragged her forward with such force into the first room she felt liable to fall to the ground.

The room was filled with all sorts of groaning and moaning noises and dark figures were climbing out of their hiding spaces after them, but Harry was dragging her so fast she didn’t get a chance to look at it very well. They sped into the next room and Ginny saw nothing but black before she was whipped into another room.

“Harry, would you please slow down?” Ginny pleaded trying her best not to trip over her own feet. He seemed to realize what he was doing suddenly and slowed down his pace giving Ginny the ability to finally walk again.

“Sorry, didn’t realize what I was doing,” Harry said apologetically.

The next room was the first one Ginny was actually able to look at. It was a giant model of a graveyard.

“How original,” Harry laughed rolling his eyes. Ginny silently agreed, but when her laughter rang off the silence, a loud evil laugh shouted back that was one like no other Ginny had ever heard.

Ginny clung tight to Harry's arm in fright and, snickering silently, he practically carried her into the next room.

As they entered the next room Ginny actually screamed out in fright. A giant snake slithered across the floor and ran behind a tree.

“That had better be a fake!” Ginny screeched hugging Harry so tight the circulation was most likely cut off from his arm by now. He only laughed however and led her across the leaf-strewn floor.

“Hagrid probably loved this room.”

He was probably right too. There were giant clay and magical models all around the walls and the room had been decorated to resemble the real Forbidden Forest. It was beautiful, magnificent, and scary all at the same time.

A giant butterfly landed on a flower and it swallowed it in a split second. Ginny gasped. And then noticing a werewolf staring out of the corner of the trees she actually started to shiver with fright. A monstrous spider crawled across the ground and into a bush before Ginny could even get a good look at him.

“Hey!” Harry exclaimed suddenly pointing up at a branch on one of the model trees hanging overhead. “How did THAT get up THERE?”

Ginny had to search the tree for a little when she saw it. Ron's light blue jacket he was wearing with his navy blue dress shirt before he had even entered the maze, was hanging off the tree in one of the branches. Ginny pointed at the spider as it scuttled across the ground from behind its bush and smiled.

“There’s your reason,” she laughed and Harry quickly joined in.

Ginny held tight to Harry's arm as he led her into the next room. She wasn’t scared though; it was just the fact that it was there to hold. She loved feeling him against her, the warm feel of him against her arm. She didn’t even notice that they had already whipped through two more room or even when they entered the Gryffindor room, a fake pyramid with mummies, zombies, and skeletons all over the place.

She only became aware of where she was when Harry finally whispered to her again.

“Let’s go through the private door,” he said quietly and then opened up one of the mummy tombs Ginny had supposed was only a fake. He stepped inside and helped her through and she realized they had climbed right into the party room. Hermione and Ron were already dancing, though Ron did look quite pale (probably since the giant spider). Hermione however looked like she was having the time of her life, dancing all over the floor.

“Malfoy sure looks like smashing as a Ferret! Don’t you think?” Harry laughed as he led them over to the food tables. Ginny laughed and noticed Malfoy was dressed in a furry white suit, complete with tail and all.

Harry started spooning food on to his plate and Ginny started to follow suit when Harry grabbed it from her.

“I can do that for you, you know?” he offered and started shovelling food onto it.

“So can I,” Ginny cut in and scrapped off the extra two hotdogs Harry had pilled on her plate.

“Suit yourself,” Harry shrugged. “And, no, I don’t happen to have any Grey Poupon.”

Ginny looked up at Harry and realized he had been talking to a little boy behind him. The boy walked off, his head hung in disappointment, and accidentally bumped into a large, white, hairy arm before running to the back of the line.

Ginny pretended not to notice when the hairy arm brushed up against hers as the owner of the arm slid into line next to her. But she couldn’t pretend not to notice any more when he continued to bump her and small fuzzes of white began to fall into her plate. Ginny looked up into Malfoy’s pale pointed face and realized he had even painted his face deadly white and a dab of black paint was just on the tip of his nose.

“Hello, ferret,” Harry said cheerfully a large smile plastered across his face as he watched Draco cringe.

“It’s not a ferret costume, Potty!” Malfoy said forcefully as he grimaced in a way that not only decreased his looks but also made him look even more like a rodent than before.
“I am in fact the abominable snowman for your information.”

“You’re quite hairy aren’t you?” Ginny laughed without looking at him. She knew what he would do to her if she even dared to look away from spooning her potatoes into her plate.

“Hey… Weasel! No body asked you opinion! So why don’t you keep your Mudblood loving mouth shut next time!” Draco turned to Ginny and pushed her roughly to the side so that her plate fell and shattered on the floor.

Ginny looked from the food all over the floor to the glint in Malfoy’s grey eyes. But before she could react the way she wanted Harry had already jumped in her way, his wand out in the open and pointed directly at his heart.

“Make one more mistake, Malfoy,” Harry growled through clenched jaws. “One more.”

Draco clicked his tongue and grabbed up his plate of food before turning and stomping flat-footedly away.

Harry turned quickly to Ginny the minute Draco had turned out of his sight and grabbed for her arm.

“Did he hurt you?” he asked quickly and began searching her for bruises.

“No, no. I’m fine,” Ginny smiled and jerked her arm away from Harry before he accidentally tore it off in his fit. “He can’t hurt me. I can only hurt him.”

Harry smiled slightly, a small crooked smile that was actually quite cute. “Yeah, you were always the strong one.”

“Oh, really?” Ginny said, her eyebrows raised slightly.

Harry didn’t reply but only smiled and wrapped one arm around her waist. “Yeah and the only good dancer too.” He nodded at Ron and Hermione and Ginny quickly got the point. They both appeared to be wincing in pain each time they moved. They were both stepping on each other’s feet as well as their own, in time with the music and in Ginny's opinion it looked quite excruciating.

As though drawn by their names on Harry and Ginny's minds, Hermione and Ron pranced over to the food table both looking at a terrible loss for air. Hermione smiled gingerly up at Ginny then grabbed for a cup of punch. Ron, who looked as though he needed it more, however didn’t.

“Hey guys!” Hermione laughed giddily and then took another swig of punch. “Having a jolly good time like me?” She twirled on the spot slopping punch all over the floor while trying to drink at the same time.

Ron rolled his eyes and sighed. “Dean and Seamus spiked the punch,” he said to make up for the possible confusion. “Hermione didn’t know.”

Harry raised his eyebrows at Ron and then laughed. “I see what you mean.”

Hermione pointed over in the corner swaying dizzily. “Do you see that?” she said in awe. “Do you see him?”

“See who?” Ron asked squinting through the crowd to where Hermione was pointing.

“Snape is HOT!” Hermione exclaimed in a highly over reactant screech.

“Yeah, definitely drunk,” Ginny laughed and looked over at the corner Hermione was pointing at.

“And you know what, I don’t even think that’s Snape. I think it’s just someone who looks like him,” Ron shrugged taking a sandwich off a large platter. “Ah, well. Want to dance again, love?”

Hermione looked at Ron her hands on her hips with a death glare in her eyes. She almost looked back to normal again when she answered quite plainly, “Duh!” Hermione, the sane Hermione anyway, NEVER said “duh.” According to her preaching, it wasn’t even ‘a real word’.

Ron looked at her almost crossed eyed in shock. “Oookay then. That’s enough alcohol for you then.” And with that he grabbed the cup from out her hand and tossed in the nearest waste bin.

They could hear Hermione complaining that she “wasn’t even finished” when Harry heaved a great sigh.

“Why can’t she act like that in class?” Harry shrugged and took a bite of a hotdog on his plate. “Dancing and all. I don’t think she’s ever danced this much before in her whole life.”

“So anyway, what about you?” Ginny asked turning to him again and greatly trying to ignore that tingly feeling where his arm still rested on her back. “I’ve never seen you dance before.”

It took Harry a good ten minutes to realize what she was talking about then a stroke of brilliance struck on his face and a sly glint appeared suddenly in his eyes.

She had been implying it, but she never really expected him to act on what she said. The next thing she knew though, she was being swept out onto the dance floor with Harry and then his arms were suddenly wrapped around her waist, holding her against his body.

She felt herself trembling as she slid her hands over his shoulders and rested her head in the space on his chest where it fit perfectly like a puzzle.

His heart beat into her ears and it felt like it was calling out to her. If only she could answer she would, but how? It hurt her now being able to answer the call of his heart that kept calling out her name. But why, why should it call out her name? It didn’t want her.

She felt her own heart bleed as she breathed in the scent of him, turning and turning on the same spot, over and over again. She could spent eternity like this, but the hurt, would it never go away? What could stop the bleeding of a broken heart?

“Harry?” Ginny whispered taking her head off of Harry's chest to look into his eyes again. “You remember when you told me the other day that I could call on you when I needed to talk about something?”

Harry nodded slightly, but never moved his eyes from hers. He seemed to be questioning her soul with those eyes and she was pouring it out into him with her own.

“Well I have a question for you,” she continued and this time hung her head. She couldn’t bear to look at him any more. She was ashamed enough as it was and she couldn’t stand to see him laugh in her face.

“Ask away,” Harry said. He sounded serious and open but she still couldn’t face him. It would hurt her too much.

“Harry, have you ever loved someone so much it hurt, but it didn’t seem to matter all the same? You still loved them anyway.”

The revolving stopped and she began to feel his breath on the top of her head. He was so close. So close. But she had to keep going.

“Because… I have and I just can’t seem to help it no matter how hard it hurts. But no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get any closer to him. Maybe… maybe it’s time to stop. Don’t you think?”

A strong finger placed itself under her trembling chin and Harry lifted her face to meet his eyes. The green in them started to dance like emerald green flames blowing in the wind. They seemed to be singing…to her and her alone. Harry's breath waved across her cheek and goose bumps erupted on her flesh. “Why stop now?”

Ginny didn’t know what overcame her but suddenly her heart swelled fit to burst and she gave into her instinct. She sunk deeper and deeper into him and pressed her lips harder against him still. She closed the gap between them letting her heart finally find it’s rightful place inside him. And the most wonderful feeling she could ever possess, overcame her entire body when he kissed her back.

The bliss didn’t end when they broke apart; it was only lessened some by the space. He rested his forehead on hers and looked into her eyes. His breath mingled with hers and their hearts both beat madly. He pushed a piece of her red hair behind her ear knocking her halo slightly off her head. Harry laughed a little and then placed it back right.

“I was wrong all along,” He whispered softly in her ear. “You are an angel.”
-------------------

(A/N) Now it is your duty as reader to review. So go ahead. I’m surely not stopping you.

Until next time…

~Love from Lizzie


Reviews 36
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear