Search:

SIYE Time:0:24 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Those Girly Things
By wishing4penguins

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 24
Summary: Harry's on a mission! But this has nothing to do with Voldemort. It has to do with a certain redheaded witch and her 'time of the month'...
Hitcount: Story Total: 6149







ChapterPrinter


Those Girly Things

"What!" I yelled.

She looked at me, her big brown eyes wide and her nose red from sniffling. "Please Harry," she begged.

I looked her over. Her red hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and she was in her bathrobe. I wonder what's under it... Wait, no, concentrate. Her face was red, and she was clutching a tissue. Hermione had told me she was sick, but I didn't think it was this bad. Another sniffle brought me back to her.

"Please?"

I sighed. "Can't you ask Dean?"

She cast her eyes down, "No. Harry, you were my last resort. Ron and Hermione have a date, so I couldn't very well ask her. You think this is embarrassing for you? I'm the one who needs them."

The desperation in her voice touched me. She was right, it took a lot of nerve for her to ask me. "What did you need again?"

She blushed a crimson, "Tampons."

I closed my eyes. If someone had told me I'd be out buying...um...tampons... three hours ago for my best friend's little sister, I would have told them they were crazy. But, here I am, actually thinking about actually doing it.

"Fine."

She smiled, "Thanks Harry."

I turned around and headed towards the front of the castle. Once getting outside, I sighed. I was going to buy those...those...girly things for a girl who wasn't even my girlfriend. Oh God, help me.

I got in a carriage, and to my utter embarrassment, Ron and Hermione followed me.

"Harry," Hermione exclaimed when she saw me, "I thought you weren't going."

Yeah, well I wasn't. But a horribly sick and very attractive girl asked me to go buy 'those things' for her. Yea, Ron it just happens to be your sister. I couldn't tell them that, so I said, "Yeah, I needed to buy a... um... book." Way to be smooth Potter.

"What type of book?" Hermione asked.

I started sweating, "Um, an important book." Wow, I'm really good at this. I'm going to change my name to Mr. Smooth.

Hermione's eyes narrowed and she went into interrogation mode. "Really?"

"Ye- Yes." I managed to spit out. By now Ron had caught on.

"Mate, Mione loves her books. Just tell her which one." My God, he may be the closest thing to a brother I have but he is by far not the brightest bulb in the box. Thankfully, we were there so after a quick goodbye, I got out of there like a bat out of hell.

Now, what store would have these 'girly things'? I stopped in the store closest to me, and looked around. Now, what aisle? Finally, I wrestled all the courage left in me. I actually asked.

"Um, ma'am?"

The storescleck turned around. "How may I help- O, O my! You're Harry Potter!"

No shit, really? I never knew. "Um, yeah. Can you help me find something?"

"Of course! What can I do ya for?" She smiled this sickening sweet smile at me.

"Can you help me find...um," I dropped my voice to a whisper, "Those, um, girly things?"

She leaned in, "Sugar, you're gonna have to speak up."

I died. I felt my face heat up and I repeated, "Those, um, you know, girl things."

"What?"

Was she deaf? Or blind? Here I am, dying of embarrassment. What does she think I'm asking for? Season tickets to the Cannons?!

"TAMPONS!" I bellowed. I heard people drop their items, and I buried my face in my hands.

She, much to my annoyance, giggled. "Oh, do you have a girlfriend? I bet it's that bushy-haired one that the papers were talking about. Hermione Grandly?"

Ewww. I love Hermione like a sister. That's nasty. "No, just a friend. Can you just tell me where they are?" I was begging by this point.

"Aisle 5," she told me, "Do you need help?"

"No."

I just wanted to get out of there. Several people were still looking at me, but I ignored them.

I finally found Aisle 5, and much to my horror, the um, girly things. Do you know how many of those things there are? Supers, regulars, lights, ultra-supers, God, I'm glad I'm not a girl. But that doesn't help my situation.

After 5 minutes and several snickers and stares form practically everyone in the store, I just bought one of each. I put them on the counter thing and she rang them up. After putting them in a bag I ran out.

After hopping in a carriage, I realized I was not alone.

"Potter."

Blaise Zambini. Why, oh why.

"Zambini," I replied evenly, hoping he wouldn't ask about the bag.

"So, what's in the bag?"

Nosy bastard. "Nothing that concerns you."

He arched his eyebrow and it was then something hit me. The Slytherins are gay! I mean, Malfoy and his hair gel (don't get me wrong, a little is alright but that guy plasters it to his head), and now Zambini and his eyebrow arching, they have to be!

"Buying something for your girlfriend?"

I looked down and realized the bag had a hole in it. Busted. Oh well. "No, for a friend."

Instead of ridiculing me, like I thought he would, he smiled. "Yea, Susan needed some too." He pulled out an identical bag.

"How did you know what she needed?" I asked, amazed that there was only one box, not five.

"I did what you did the first time, but eventually you learn," he said, shrugging.

One things for sure, I do not plan on doing this again. The carriage stopped and I jumped out, running inside. After going up three flights of stairs and bounding through the portrait hole, I found Ginny asleep on the couch.

She looked so peaceful, sitting in a mountain of tissues with hers knees pulled up to her chest, that I felt bad I had to wake her. "Gin," I whispered softly, moving her hair out of her face.

Her eyes fluttered open and she sniffled, "Oh, hey Harry. Did you get them?"

I nodded and handed her the bag. She giggled, "Whoops, guess I should have told you which ones." She looked up at me, "Thanks." She kissed my cheek and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I watched as she ran up the dorm stairs.

She came down later, and sat next to me. "I'm so sorry you had to do that," she began, "I just couldn't go out and-"

I cut her off, "It's no problem Gin."

She turned to me and smiled. I don't know if it was her or me, but the next thing I knew, her lips were pressed to mine. Even sick, she was a great kisser.

She broke away suddenly, "Oh, I'm going to get you sick."

I shrugged, "It'll be worth it."

And it was. I was sick for a whole week, but I still had my girlfriend, who never made me get girly things again.

Reviews 24
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear