Search:

SIYE Time:17:00 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Weasley Family Reunion
By Midnight White

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Harry goes with the Weasley's to a big Weasley family reunion!
Hitcount: Story Total: 5538







ChapterPrinter


A/N: This is one of my earlier works, and I have to admit it, it’s certainly not a favorite piece of mine. This was actually my first attempt at H/G goodness. Try to enjoy and be nice! :) This story has three chapters, by the way.




The summer before Harry Potter’s 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was very hectic. Not because of Voldemort, but because he, Hermione, and the Weasley’s were going to America for a Weasley family reunion.


“Mum,” said Ron, the evening that they were to leave. “How are we getting to Aunt Lisa’s?”


“By Portkey. We’ll be leaving in an hour, so finish your dinner and get ready.” Said Mrs. Weasley.


Harry gulped. He hated traveling by Portkey. But Hermione and Ginny had other worries.


“An hour?” Ginny asked. “That doesn’t leave much time! C’mon Hermione, hurry up! We must get ready!” Ginny her and Hermione’s plate into the sink and ran upstairs. Hermione followed closely behind her. Harry could’ve sworn he heard Ron mutter “Girls” under his breath.


Harry and Ron finished eating and went up to finish packing. A half hour later, they were downstairs waiting to leave.


Slowly, the other Weasleys came down, but after everyone else arrived, the girls were nowhere downstairs.


“Oh, honestly.” Said Mrs. Weasley, as she climbed the stairs towards Ginny’s room. A few minutes later, Mrs. Weasley came downstairs, followed by Hermione and Ginny.


“All right, now,” said Mr. Weasley. “Everyone ready? Good. Just a finger now, that’s it.” He said, as all the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione scrambled to place a finger on the half eaten sandwich. “Three… Two…”


Harry felt the jerk behind his navel as he felt being launched forward. But instead of feeling a thud on the ground like he would usually feel, he landed on something soft. That “Something Soft” happened to be Ginny.


“Hey Potter! Get off our sister!” Yelled Fred, as he and George pulled him off the youngest Weasley.


“Sorry,” Harry muttered as he tried to keep himself stable. He looked around. It looked like he was outside in the meadow by the Burrow. But actually, they were in a field somewhere in Pennsylvania, USA.


All the Weasleys looked excited, but none as much as Ginny. She looked around, as if expecting to see someone.


“Mum,” She piped, in a higher voice than usual. “Can we go inside? I…”


Mrs. Weasley cut her off. “Yes, yes, hurry up. Go on.” She said. All of the Weasley children ran off to go inside, leaving Harry, Hermione, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, watching them run ahead.


As the remaining four got inside, Mrs. Weasley ran over to hug her sister-in-law, while Mr. Weasley walked over to his brother to shake hands.


As Harry looked over to Ron, who was talking with Fred, George, and two twin cousins, he spotted Ginny talking excitedly to her cousin. She had the same Weasley red hair, but everything else about her was very, well, un-Weasley-ish. She was barely taller than Ginny, had a hook nose that reminded him greatly of Snape (Though is wasn’t nearly as greasy) and had very light brown eyes that looked almost red.


Ginny caught Harry looking at the girl and beckoned him and Hermione over.


“Harry, Hermione, this is Lucy, my cousin. Lucy, this is Harry Potter and Hermione Granger.” Ginny introduced them.


Lucy surprised Harry. She stuck out her hand to Hermione and said “You’re Hermione Granger? I’ve heard that you helped Gevie out of a few tight spots.” Lucy said shaking Hermione’s hand.


“Luce!” Whined Ginny.


“Gevie?” Hermione asked, smirking a bit.


“Ginevra is my real name, Hermione. You know that,” said Ginny, making a face. “Gevie is what some of my family calls me.”


Lucy then turned to Harry. “So you’re Harry Potter? Gevie’s old me an awful lot about you. She said… Ouch! Gevie!” cried Lucy. Ginny had obviously just kicked her. Ginny merely shrugged.


“Oiy! Harry! Hermione! C’mere!” George called. Harry and Hermione made their way over to Ron, Fred, George, and the two cousins. Ginny and Lucy were coming too.


As Harry got closer to them, he noticed the resemblance between Fred George, and the two twins. If he hadn’t known Fred and George for years, he could’ve sworn the four of them were brothers.


The nine of them got into a rather long conversation about the difference between Hogwarts and Salem School, Quidditch, and many other topics, until it was time for bed. Harry was grateful.


The female Weasley’s stayed inside, like Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, and Hermione (she’s close enough to a Weasley anyway). The male Weasleys, including the ones who lived there, camped outside.


Harry had a hard time falling asleep that night, but not because of Voldemort. It was because of the tough ground, and because a certain girl was on his mind. Not Cho, not Hermione, but Ginny, or Gevie to some of her family.


He thought about when he had landed on her earlier that evening. Although it was a very embarrassing moment, he enjoyed it as well. Even though it was just a split second that he was on top of her, he saw the innocence of her face, but when he looked into her eyes, he saw many different emotions. He could almost make out her personality by looking at her and in her eyes.


Ginny was not the kind of quiet girl she used to be. She was outspoken, confident, and loud, yet still held that innocent look. He saw that she was sneaky and very much like Fred and George.


Yet Harry saw something that surprised him. In Ginny’s eyes, he saw pain. Not the pain that he was causing by being on top of her, but internal pain. Whether it was from her encounter with Tom Riddle in her first year, or the way she had suffered last year, he didn’t know, but whatever it was, he wanted to stop it. He wanted o stop whatever was hurting her, and cure the pain. Nobody should feel that way.


He sighed and turned over on he side. He was being a hypocrite. “Stay away from those thoughts,” he told himself. “Not while you’re here, at least.”


Harry suddenly grinned. His thoughts turned back to Ginny, and all was peaceful once again. His last thought before drifting off to sleep was “This is going to be a very interesting summer.”
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear