Search:

SIYE Time:19:51 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Dream Unlocked
By sugarquills23

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Humor, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Violence, Extreme Language, Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 131
Summary: This adventure begins post 6th year. Harry is suddenly having nightmare's again despite his Occlumency training. He is uncertain of who is haunting his dreams, but knows he must help her. What unforeseen dangers are awaiting Harry in his nightmares and how will he unlock the mystery of the girl trapped inside his mind... A/N: The first 5 chapters have been revised with the development of a new chapter. I'm working with a beta now to improve this story. I hope you like the changes.
Hitcount: Story Total: 68959; Chapter Total: 5160







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 14 The Power of the Amulet

Turning to climb the stairs, Ginny slowly made her way to her room followed by her family, Hermione, Dumbledore, and pretty much… a whole crowd of individuals. She felt like the subject of some new and interesting experiment, as the stares of dozens of eyes upon her gave her a burning sensation in the pit of her stomach. She turned to hug her mum who was smiling through her tears.

Mrs. Weasley could sense her daughter’s uneasiness and it pained her to see her emotions getting the better of her. Soothingly she spoke as she gathered her into a hug. “Now, it’s going to be alright dear. You promise me you’ll be careful, right?” She asked as she looked lovingly down at her youngest child. “Trust in Professor Dumbledore and it will be okay.” Ginny nodded as her mother added, “You find him, Ginny. You find Harry and you bring him home. We’ll be right here when you wake up.”

Again Ginny nodded silently. Her mother’s words had bolstered her resolve. Mum’s right, she thought. It will be alright. Harry needs me. I got him into this mess…I’m going to get him out of it. Slowly she climbed into bed feeling quite self-conscious again at the number of people looking on. “Er…professor? Do all of these people really need to watch this?”

Dumbledore smiled warmly and answered, “No, Miss Weasley. You’re right. Perhaps a little more privacy is in order.” With that, he motioned for the Order members to leave the room. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Hermione stayed. All of her brothers came to give a few words of encouragement before leaving quietly with the others. Ron was the last to exit. He came over and leaned down to kiss her on the top of the head. “I love you, Gin. Be careful.” He reached out and gave her hand a quick squeeze before turning to follow Charlie out of the room. As he crossed the room, he glanced knowingly at Hermione before entering the hall and closing the door behind him.

Ginny was lying in her bed with her thoughts racing. Before, she couldn’t wait to get to Harry, now she was feeling a bit nervous and tense. If only they could have done this straight away…all this waiting and planning had taken a piece of her courage. It was too much time. It was too much time to think about Riddle and his disgusting hands and tongue on her body. Helping Harry meant possibly doing some things that she wasn’t sure she could do, but she was determined to try. She loved Harry…she knew that for sure now. Anything was worth making him safe.

Pulling Ginny from her thoughts, Madame Pomfrey approached her with a small blue bottle of potion in hand. Ginny reached out a shaky hand to take the vial and slowly drank its contents. It burned going down her throat, but as she felt it sliding down she suddenly felt a rather strange but comfortable warmth fill her body. She was almost numb to the nervousness that had threatened to engulf her only seconds ago. In moments, Ginny felt the room begin to spin. Her body felt heavy and her head was swimming with images…a foggy swirl containing images of Harry and Riddle and the chamber of her nightmares. Odd though. She wasn’t at all alarmed as she logically thought to herself…I’m going to find Harry and he’s going to be fine. We’ll both be fine.

Slowly the misty curtain cleared and she found herself standing in a dimly torch lit passageway. She began to move through the corridor. This was the first time she had entered the chamber in this manner. Usually she entered the dream already bound to the stone table that she had come to dread for nearly a month. This time, things were different. She had back up. Although she couldn’t see Professor Dumbledore, she could sense him around her. The knowledge of his presence urged her on as she quickened her pace. As she turned the corner, a heavy wooden arched door came into view. There was a glow emanating from under the threshold that made her heart skip a beat. She was really going back in…Suddenly she felt a surge of panic. How would she do this? How would she keep things from going too far, but still keep Riddle occupied and interested?

Focusing herself and regaining control she approached the door and grasped the serpent that served as a handle. As the door slowly swung open she stepped into the warm glow of the room that had bathed her night after night. She looked around to find herself completely alone at the moment, but she knew it wouldn’t last. The portal across the room was already glowing with a hazy blue hue that gave her chills.

She moved further into the room as she tried to acquaint herself with her surroundings. This was a much different perspective than what she was used to in the chamber. She was searching for something that may give her an advantage when she heard a strange watery movement coming from across the room.

Her mouth fell open as she watched a leg erupting from the portal followed by Riddle’s entire body. He looked soaked and chilled, but instantly he began to dry in a billow of steam. He was wearing a smirk and was looking at her as if she was a starving man’s first meal.

“Well, well, well…I just knew you couldn’t get enough and that you’d be back for more.” He drawled as he licked his lips seductively and moved toward her fluidly.

She stood frozen to the spot as she fought off the urge to run. “Where’s Harry you bastard?”

Riddle stopped momentarily then continued to move in on her as his grin widened. “Information isn’t free, love. What will you give to have your precious Potter back? How about a little information about the Order?… or perhaps Dumbledore?”

“You’ve already got Harry! Do you really think that I’ll just hand everyone else over to you too?” She glared defiantly as she shot, “You can go straight to Hell ‘Tom’!”

He cringed at the sound of his name. She knew what would happen if she continued to bait him, but she didn’t care at this point…It was buying them time. “Tell me where Harry is right now! I’m not giving you anything until I see him…not until I know he’s okay!”

With a smirk he began to circle her like a shark. “Oh, little Ginny…you see, that’s where you’re wrong. You don’t have a choice here.” With that he raised his wand and yelled “Crucio!”

Ginny felt the curse hit her instantly. She crumpled to the floor as a wave of intense, searing pain washed over her. Riddle lifted the curse and watched her moaning on the floor clutching her aching body. “You see? This is not ‘your call’ Miss Weasley.”

With a grin he approached her grabbing her roughly by the arm and pulling her to her feet. He looked directly into her eyes and moved within inches of her. In a low, threatening voice he spoke “You may not remember, but you were quite reasonable under the Crutiatus curse.” Narrowing his eyes, his gaze was piercing as he continued, “Oh, I’ll admit, you took a little…‘convincing’, but in the end…you did tell me Potter was coming after all. I believe in time…you could be very informative indeed.”

Looking up and down her body he added, “What’s even more enticing… was how incredibly passionate you were under the Imperious Curse. You, my dear, are in very serious need of a man’s touch.” He paused watching her face. He relished her expression of denial as he continued. “I felt your heat. Don’t even try to tell me that you’re not ready to ‘have your flower plucked’, when it’s so obvious that you are completely… raging with need.”

He grabbed her face roughly then growled, “There’s no denying it, the desire that came from your body was definitely that of a young woman wanting desperately to be ravaged.” He forced her gaze up to his and added, “Not to worry, I’m up for the task…even if you are a Weasley.”

He took his wand and placed it at her throat, pushing it hard against her skin, so much so that her breathing was becoming difficult under the pressure. Keeping his eyes fixed on her expression, he slid his other arm around her, pulling her body roughly against his.

He was enjoying the slow torture he was inflicting upon her, as he decided to push it to the next level. “Who am I to refuse a virgin…especially one with your fire?” He licked his lips impulsively as he moved his free hand wantonly and slowly over her body, keeping his wand trained on her exposed throat.

Ginny watched helplessly as lust began to fill his dark and hollow eyes. He leaned in closely to her ear and breathed, “I can’t wait to feel your innocence tear away as I take you tonight.”

As he nipped at her ear and neck and began to lathe his tongue over her, tears began to form in her eyes, but she refused to cry out. She refused to struggle because she knew it would only make Riddle more aroused. She tried to focus on Harry. With everything that was in her, she was crying out to him in her mind.

Little did she know that Harry was watching the entire scene as it unfolded…He was watching and his blood was beginning to boil with the rage of a territorial animal wanting to attack.

Harry had been sitting on the floor in the room that had held him for what felt like hours, when a strange thing began to happen. When Ginny entered the chamber, the mirror above the fireplace had changed. It was no longer an ordinary mirror, but a window to her experience. He now knew why Riddle hadn’t killed him. He now knew why Riddle had wanted him to wake up coherent and completely aware of his surroundings. He wasn’t going to torture him with curses…not yet at least. The bloody, son of a bitch was going to torture and rape Ginny… and the bastard was going to make him watch.

Harry was raging as he watched Riddle grab her and rake his hand over her body. He wanted to kill him…He wanted to make him suffer for touching Ginny. He listened helplessly as Riddle told her what he intended to do to her body in disgustingly graphic detail. Harry’s emotions were so intense. His hatred of Riddle and his love and fear for Ginny were swallowing him… he was losing control. He felt his feelings for Ginny surging through him and he desperately needed to help her…he had to get to her!

Dumbledore felt helpless as he watched the scene from his vantage point in Ginny’s subconscious. He was unable to intervene. They had to find Harry first. He tried to use his mind to calm her, but he could feel the tension as it wracked her body. He tried to keep his expression smooth and unrevealing so that Mrs. Weasley wouldn’t become alarmed. If she could see what he could see…well, it would serve no one’s purpose to add a frantic mother to the list of his other concerns. He knew that they couldn’t wait any longer for Harry to appear. They would need to go in and find him. He glanced quickly at Ron, who had returned after Ginny had gone under, and nodded to him discreetly.

Quietly Ron excused himself from the room. He went directly to his brothers who were waiting expectantly in Fred and George’s room. He quickly entered, closed the door with a snap and shielded the room. “It’s time.” His five brothers all jumped up from their seats at the sound of Ron’s voice.

Gradually, they each exited the room in turn. Fred and George went first, who disapparated immediately. Percy was the next to go as he headed down the stairs to the lounge. Ron and Bill headed to Harry’s room and Charlie turned to enter Ginny’s room. Finally, they were all in place.

“Let the games begin.” George ground out as he and Fred set their diversion in motion and apparated back to their room.

Percy made his way through the group of wizards milling around the lounge. He was waiting for the inevitable chaos that was about to ensue.

Charlie entered Ginny’s room and signaled Dumbledore that things were under way. With that, Dumbledore concentrated very hard on shielding Ginny’s mind from the pain she was enduring. “Just a little longer, Ginny…it will all be over soon” he told her.

Ron and Bill found Professor McGonagall on guard duty in Harry’s room. Madame Pomfrey had been in briefly to check on Harry’s condition. There was absolutely no change, other than the fact that his heartbeat was pounding fiercely and sweat was rolling off his body.

Just after Madame Pomfrey left the room, a huge bang and the sound of numerous explosions erupted in the front garden. McGonagall jumped to her feet in alarm. Bill quickly took her arm and looked down at her apologetically before he said, “I’m really very sorry about this Minerva.”

There had been no time to explain. She looked up in confusion as Bill stunned her and laid her gently on the floor. Ron looked at him and then at his professor, now lying unconscious on the floor. Suddenly he was quite glad that it was Bill’s job to stun her and not his. After all, he still had his 7th year to survive at Hogwarts. She was going to be completely hacked off over this when she woke up.

Bill withdrew the amulet from his pocket and slid it around Harry’s neck. Suddenly Hermione burst into the room, causing both Ron and Bill to jump and draw their wands on her. Completely unaware of the fact that she was almost stunned, she ran to Ron and grabbed a fistful of his shirt in her hand pulling him down to her roughly. “Everyone is in a panic…go quickly…and be careful!” With that she pulled him to her and kissed him hard on the mouth and ran back out of the room locking it behind her.

Bill looked at his youngest brother with a grin of pride and a raised eyebrow. “Plan B then?”

Ron glared at him, “Oh, shut up Bill! You can wind me up later. You heard her… we don’t have much time!”

“On three then…1...2…3” Simultaneously they touched their wand tips to the deep green amulet around Harry’s neck. The dull glow inside the stone began to grow to a white-hot light. Their wand tips began to tremble as the power of the amulet surged up the shafts of their wands and into their bodies. Ron felt his body crumbling as he hit the floor hard. In the next second everything went black.

Harry felt a strange surge of power around him as his fury was building. He watched as Riddle ripped Ginny’s shirt and tore it from her body. She had lost all pretense of remaining stoic under his grasp, as she cried out begging for him to stop.

Harry ran at the door feeling his shoulder buckle as he rammed into it. He stepped back and focused all of his energy and fury on the door that separated him from her. In seconds, the door began to creak and rumble. It was shaking at its very hinges. Seconds later the door virtually exploded as pieces of wood and metal ruptured into the waiting corridor beyond. He burst through the threshold and began running down the corridor that lead away from his prison. As he turned a corner another door came into view. He recognized it immediately. It led to the chamber that he had entered into from the portal.

As he came closer, he suddenly saw a shadowy figure standing in his path. It was very large and blocking the way. It seemed to appear out of nowhere. Without a second thought he rushed at the mass of shadows and tackled it. His mind was racing with what he would do. He had no wand, no light, and no idea what or whom he was facing. Then suddenly, he heard a voice. It was a very familiar, but angry voice. “Fuck Harry! Get off! We’re here to help you!” It was Ron.

“Ron?” Harry asked. “Yeah, it’s me. What did you have to go and tackle us for?”

Harry rolled off and realized that it wasn’t one person, but two. “Sorry, I thought you were Riddle. Wait… did you say us? …Bill? Is that you? How…how the hell did you two get in here?”

Bill answered as he rubbed his aching ribs gingerly. “We don’t have time to explain right now. We’re here, that’s what’s important! Now, how do we get to Ginny?”

Harry snapped out of his shock as he quickly moved passed them and shoved open the door to the room that served as Riddle’s lounge. “It’s through here! Come on!”

They followed him and stopped only momentarily to take in the room. “Bloody hell! What is this place? It looks a bit like… Malfoy Manor!” Bill said.

“It may as well be…its Riddle’s. Let’s go…it’s over here. Oh, wait…Accio wand!” A drawer shot open violently and Harry’s wand zoomed to him from the cabinet across the room.

He then turned and sprinted across the room with them following behind. They stopped in front of the portal looking a bit uneasy. “You have to trust me…just step through. It’s the only way out!” With that Harry climbed into the portal disappearing from their view. A rush of icy cold liquid washed over him, penetrating his body completely. Next he felt a wave of nausea take him as his body began to rocket upwards through the thick liquid.

He burst through the portal at the other side gasping for air as he lunged on an unsuspecting Riddle who had Ginny pinned to the floor beneath him. Harry hadn’t even raised his wand yet. That would be too easy on Riddle. He was going to beat the bloody hell out of him first. Even if Riddle was only an image in a dream, in that moment, Harry was going to become his worst nightmare. He was going to make him suffer for every horrible, disgusting thing he had said and done to her.

Ginny lay curled up sobbing and half-naked on the floor as Bill and Ron came through the portal seconds later. Ron ran to Ginny’s side covering her with his robes and gathered her into his arms.

“Sshhh…it’s okay now love. We’re here. He’s not going to touch you again. We promise.” She sunk into her brother’s chest and she felt his arms envelop her.

After a few seconds, she remembered her mission, “Harry? I have to help Harry!”

Ron helped her to stand, but continued to hold her back from the battle now raging on the other side of the chamber as he growled, “No Ginny! You have to get out of here! You’re going right now!” He helped her to the door and pushed her out into the corridor, “Run Ginny…NOW!”

With that he turned and went to join Harry and Bill. Harry was no longer pummeling Riddle on the floor. Instead they were throwing curses at each other. Bill and Harry had been backing him up towards the portal as Ron joined them with his wand at the ready.

However, Riddle’s power was unbelievable! He was actually holding all three of them off. He wasn’t advancing on them, but he had stopped their advance on him. He was standing before the portal looking smug and bragging about the things he had done to Ginny.

Suddenly out of nowhere Ginny came barreling at him. Using the momentum of her body, she shoved him into the portal and dove to the side. “Do it now! Destroy it!”

Bill quickly reached over and closed his fist around the amulet that hung from Harry’s neck…ripping it violently and breaking the chain. Harry hadn’t even noticed that it had appeared there in his rage. Bill pulled back and flung the stone into the portal.

“What the hell was that?” Harry asked rubbing the skin where the chain had burned him as Bill tore it from his neck.

Ron shot, “It’s the reason we’re here!”

Ignoring Harry’s further inquiries, Bill yelled. “Now Ron! Now!” They both hit the portal with a spell that Harry had never heard before. The amulet that Bill had chucked into it glowed with a fiery white light. Instead of passing through the portal it hung suspended within its surface. Riddle’s face appeared behind the watery curtain of the portal’s surface, but he appeared unable to pass through. The amulet’s power was forming a barrier between them. They could see Riddle raging and pounding his fists against the interior of the portal. As the surface began to ripple and wave, Riddle’s image seemed to ripple with it. In the next second, the portal burst violently into millions of tiny droplets of blue liquid. Instantly they froze in mid air and then disappeared into nothingness. The portal had vanished and left a scorched halo of blackness where it had hung. It was gone…closed forever along with Riddle’s ability to haunt Ginny’s… or anyone else’s dreams, ever again.

Recovering from the shock of what Bill and Ron had just done Harry thrust his wand into his robes and ran to Ginny who was still crumpled on the floor. “Oh God, Ginny…Are you alright? Did he…What did he do to you?” A mixture of panic and sadness filled his voice.

She looked up weakly and softly cried out his name as she flung arms around his neck and allowed him to lift her gently and cradle her against him. She didn’t answer his question but instead, buried her face in his shoulder as she clung to him. She kept saying “You’re here…you’re safe.”

Even after what she had been through, she was still worried about him. He held her tight as he whispered, “Oh God Ginny…I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through. I promise you. He’ll never hurt you again…I’ll see to it.”

There were tears forming in his eyes as he looked at her brothers in desperation. It was as if he was looking for some sense of compassion in their eyes for what he felt. He had an overwhelming surge of guilt take over him…this was his fault. Because she cared for him, she was hurt…maybe beyond recovery. Harry knew they didn’t blame him, but he still felt as though he needed to ask their forgiveness for just… just being alive. If he no longer existed, there wouldn’t be any reason for Riddle… or any other dark wizard… to harm the people he loved any longer.

Ron and Bill stood frozen as they watched him holding their sister in his arms. Ron had seen that look before. He recognized guilt and misery when he saw it on his best mate’s face. Sensing Harry’s conflict of emotions Ron broke the deafening silence in the chamber. “This isn’t your fault…you know that don’t you? We’ve got her now, Harry. She’s going to be okay. We need to wake up…all of us. We need to get her out of this nightmare.” In the next breath, Harry felt her body go limp against him. “Let’s…let’s go. It’s this way.” Harry said his voice cracking slightly.

With a nod from Bill and Ron they made their way out of the chamber and through the passageways to the door at the end of the tunnel. Bill and Ron went through first. Feeling her stir against him, he glanced down at her tear-stained face. His heart was breaking as he leaned down and kissed her forehead warmly. He paused briefly with his lips pressed lightly against her skin, savoring how it felt to hold her, safely in his arms. When he broke away from her he felt a renewed strength. Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward passing through the doorway and carrying Ginny through with him into the light of day.

In an instant, he gasped for air as he sat upright in his bed. Light glared in his eyes as he suddenly realized he was back…he was home.
Reviews 131
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear