Search:

SIYE Time:4:42 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Dream Unlocked
By sugarquills23

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Humor, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Violence, Extreme Language, Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 131
Summary: This adventure begins post 6th year. Harry is suddenly having nightmare's again despite his Occlumency training. He is uncertain of who is haunting his dreams, but knows he must help her. What unforeseen dangers are awaiting Harry in his nightmares and how will he unlock the mystery of the girl trapped inside his mind... A/N: The first 5 chapters have been revised with the development of a new chapter. I'm working with a beta now to improve this story. I hope you like the changes.
Hitcount: Story Total: 68963; Chapter Total: 5241







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 8 Into Her Dreams

The air hung thick and stifling in Harry’s room. Seeking relief, he shed his clothes and pushed open the window to breathe in the night air. Tiny bumps formed on his bare skin as a gentle breeze drifted over him.

Ginny, he sighed as he rubbed his hands roughly over his eyes in frustration. Just wipe the sensation of her from your mind Potter. You have to, he told himself as he turned and slipped between the cool linens of his bed. Settling into his downy pillow, he closed his eyes and slowly massaged his temples with his fingertips. His breathing grew deep and deliberate, but sleep stubbornly eluded him.

Falling asleep, a simple task when you think of it, Harry reasoned. Yeah, except when you’re in a hurry to do it and your body feels tense enough to explode. To make matters worse, Ginny’s words, not to mention how she looked, kept invading in his mind.

Relax, relax, relax…he chanted. Getting into her dream is what matters now, not the way she smells or how it feels to be close to her, he admonished. Those nightmares are Riddle’s sick, sadistic idea of fun. Well, play time is over Tom. She’s faced you alone for the last time. I’ll make sure of that.

Precious moments ticked by, as determination turned to regret. What was I thinking? He lamented. I never should have stormed off to bed when I was so riled. By now he was mentally kicking himself. Why didn’t I listen to Ginny? She knew I was too intense to sleep. If I wasn’t such an idiot, I would have stayed with her. We could have stayed together until we were both too sleepy to speak. Surely, we could have found some way to fill the time, he thought as a rebellious image crept back into his mind.

Ginny’s long, fiery hair was flowing about her shoulders and she was biting her lower lip in concentration. Those lips, he moaned with longing. For all his efforts, the only thing he’d managed to accomplish was to conjure a vision that made him anything but sleepy.

“This isn’t working!” he grumbled in aggravation as he wracked his brain for ideas. I need to clear my mind, he thought, trying his hand at one of his Occlumency relaxation techniques. Seconds later, though, he knew it was futile as his mutinous thoughts slid back to Ginny.

Pangs of guilt struck as their encounter in the hallway was embellished in new and enticing ways. The harder he fought to erase her form from his mind, the more vivid the image seemed to become. Finally, he simply quit fighting and let the images overtake him.

In an instant he was back in the hallway and standing before her. In reality it had taken every ounce of his self-control to resist moving his lips over hers and pulling her into his arms. Now, in his fantasy, there was no reason for restraint.

With fluid ease the hallway around them morphed into a scene in his room. He found himself lying in bed, watching as she slowly moved to join him. He imagined the feel her skin under his touch as his body tingled with a renewed primal heat. Closer she moved, until they met in a warm, welcoming kiss, awakening the beast within him in almost painful ways.

I’ve got to snap out of it. Harry, shook his head, fisted his bedding in his hands and fought down the growing need within him. “Stupid!” he growled in frustration. His brief visit into the world of fantasy had only served to make his lot worse.

“Why?” he gasped shaking his head, but deep down he felt he knew the answer. Ginny is special. She’s the only friend I have that knows what it’s like to have Voldemort inside her head. She understands what I’ve been through, and amazingly, she still wants to know me. It’s more than that, though. It’s like she’s captivated me without even trying, claimed a part of me that Cho never knew. Suddenly, he found himself wishing she’d claimed of bit more. The thought of her touch caused a stirring in him like he’d never known. His heart pounded wildly and a warm flush crept over his face.

Do I fancy Ginny Weasley? Is that even allowed? He wondered nervously, picturing a virtual horde of brothers, surrounding her. I fancied Cho, but that was nothing like this.

Harry recalled how forced everything had felt with Cho Chang. We both tried to make something develop that just wasn’t there. With Ginny it’s different, easy, but why now? We’ve spent loads of time together at the Burrow and at Hogwarts. Of course, there were always plenty of people around. This is the first time we’ve been completely alone; alone enough for me to appreciate the person she is and get a glimpse at the woman she’s becoming.

Harry had seen a new playful, yet alluring side of her that he found utterly intriguing. Add to that her strong independence and her blind trust in him and the result was an unsettling, but empowering combination. The fact that she remained totally unaware of her charms only made her more irresistible. Harry had never wanted to be ‘the hero’ before, but tonight he did. She needed him. He could feel it in her body’s reaction to his touch. Even in her dreams, she had reached out to him. He needed to make her safe, wanted to make her happy again. Just a few short steps down the hall and I could be with her, a small voice taunted in his head as the temptation grew at an alarming rate. Her soft skin, the blush of her cheeks, the fullness of her lips, his imagination was killing him. His eyes flew open and he struggled for control.

What is the matter with me? He berated himself. Ginny is being tortured in her dreams every night, but instead of going in to help her, I’m lying here wondering what her skin would feel like against mine!

Harry squeezed his eyes shut tightly; pressing his palms firmly against them as if the action would clear the thoughts from his mind. With a sigh of resolution he rose, throwing the covers aside in his wake. In one smooth motion, he grabbed a robe and crossed the room to his door. He needed to find some way to release his tension or he’d be of no use to her tonight.

Quietly, he peered out into the hallway. No Fred and George. Still off doing business, Harry assumed in relief. Good, I really don’t want to try to explain this to them tonight. I don’t even know what I’d be explaining. Ginny didn’t want them to know about her dreams, not yet anyway. He wasn’t going to betray her trust. As for rest, he wasn’t about to confide in Fred and George about his new feelings for their sister either. Even if they had been blokes he could talk to, it was useless. She ended her crush ages ago and moved on, right? …but what if she hadn’t? He argued, as he considered her possible reactions to him loving her in his mind. Would she be happy or throttle him with a vicious, but legendary bat-bogey hex.

Reviews 131
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear