Search:

SIYE Time:21:59 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Dream Unlocked
By sugarquills23

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Humor, Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Violence, Extreme Language, Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 131
Summary: This adventure begins post 6th year. Harry is suddenly having nightmare's again despite his Occlumency training. He is uncertain of who is haunting his dreams, but knows he must help her. What unforeseen dangers are awaiting Harry in his nightmares and how will he unlock the mystery of the girl trapped inside his mind... A/N: The first 5 chapters have been revised with the development of a new chapter. I'm working with a beta now to improve this story. I hope you like the changes.
Hitcount: Story Total: 68961; Chapter Total: 5199







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 9 More Than A Dream

Ginny lay bound to the stone altar of her nightmares sobbing, her spirit nearly broken. There was no denying it. In desperation she’d cried out and revealed Harry’s intentions to Riddle.

Horrified by her own betrayal, she tried to forewarn Harry. Her efforts proved futile. A strange tightening gripped her throat. It sucked the air from her lungs, rendering her screams completely useless. Riddle sneered as her words were swallowed up, her voice completely absorbed in a deafening vacuum of silence.

Breathe Ginny, she thought. You have to breathe. She felt faint. Her thoughts grew fuzzy. Her lungs burned with need as her suffocating body tingled with the sensation of a million tiny needles prickling her skin.

Suddenly, the pressure lifted and she gasped, rapidly refilling her lungs. Riddle had made his point clear. She had no choice but to abandon her efforts. Harry would be there any second. She could feel his presence drawing nearer. There was no way to warn him, except one. With tears streaking her cheeks, she began reaching out in her mind. Go back, Harry! He knows! He knows you’re coming!

Riddle loomed over her helpless, trembling body. He studied her wild eyes and frantic expression. Whispering, he leaned in close. “Ginny, Ginny, Ginny…No fair telling. Now, where’s the fun in that?” he asked. Then louder, his voice heavily laden with sarcasm, “I’m afraid that was very naughty.” Ginny watched his eyes narrow. She braced herself for retribution, but instead his expression smoothed into one of amusement. “Not to worry, my feisty little blood traitor. It just so happens, I have a bit of a soft spot for ‘naughty’ little girls.”

Riddle stared fixedly into Ginny’s eyes. A sickening smirk spread across his face, “I do believe our guest of honor has arrived.” He paused again, allowing the meaning of his words to settle in her mind. “Let’s give Mr. Potter a proper welcome, shall we? Perhaps a little ‘performance’ of sorts is in order.” With that, he released her binds. She was struggling to sit up when he raised his wand again, “Imperio!”

Her eyes went glassy, her expression vacant. Vaguely, she could hear someone’s voice whispering inside her head. “Wrap your arms around me. Make me feel your body burning for me. Kiss me as if your life depended on it! Do it now!”

Strange, she thought. Ginny could feel the strong sensation of her body and mind fighting over the confusing orders, but somehow she was totally calm. It was an odd, pleasant sort of feeling. When she came ‘round from her daze, she found herself clinging desperately to a smug looking Riddle with her hands roughly tangled in his dark hair. Their lips were only a hair’s breadth apart as if she’d just given him a mind-numbing kiss.

Riddle grinned with pleasure as his tongue darted out to touch her lips once more. “Yeeessss,” he hissed, caught up in the heat of her temporarily willing body. “I knew there was more to you than meets the eye. This may work out better than I imagined,” he said, his fiery eyes filled with selfish want.

Ginny recoiled, repulsed at his tongue touching her lips. As she attempted to wipe him from her skin, it hit her. She was free. Without hesitation, she threw herself to the floor, narrowly evading Tom’s grasp as he reached for her. When she hit the cold stone, she heard a horrible crack and a renewed jolt of pain shot like a knife through her arm. She was certain it was broken. She winced, clutching her useless arm to her side. It doesn’t matter! She told her self, ignoring the pain. For the first time since her nightmares had begun, she was free of her bonds.

From across the chamber, Harry watched in silent horror as the events played out before him. He’s controlling her! He has to be! His gut clenched at the thought. It’s the only possibly explanation. She would never kiss Riddle like that willingly. What other things did he make her do under the Imperious Curse? Harry pushed the repugnant possibilities from his mind. He needed to focus on the here and now.

Quietly, he advanced until he was standing mere feet away. Prepared to attack, Harry reached up to pull off the invisibility cloak. Instead of surprising Riddle, however, Harry was the one caught off guard. At the last possible second, Riddle launched an unexpected and powerful banishing curse at him, blasting him back against the far wall. Riddle’s mirthless laugh echoed through the chamber as Harry fell to the floor with a sickening thud.

“It’s not polite to attend a party uninvited, Mr. Potter. Didn’t your mother teach you that?” Riddle admonished with a vengeful gleam in his eye. “Oh that’s right, how silly of me,” he simpered. “She snuffed it before she had the chance to teach you anything at all. Pity, you know. She may have proved useful, even if she was a mudblood,” he added for good measure. “No matter, school is in session now Potter. Perhaps that little lesson will help you learn some manners!”

Ginny cringed and gasped at the sound of Harry’s body crashing then sliding down the wall into a heap on the floor. Tears stung her eyes as the cloak slipped from his legs. He’s not moving! An intense surge of adrenaline all but erased the pain in her arm as she scrambled to her feet and ran. She threw herself to the floor at his side and carefully pulled the cloak away to check his motionless body. Relief filled her as he moaned. He’s still alive! With renewed hope she snatched his wand from the floor beside him and thrust it back into his hand.

Groggy and bleary-eyed, Harry gazed up at her. “Gin… Ginny? Wha…What happened?” he stuttered faintly.

She didn’t answer; instead she gripped her throat and shook her head desperately. He rubbed his eyes, blinking and tried to steady himself. The room seemed to spin and her face slid out of focus. Tightly he squeezed his eyes shut against the swirl of images and the pain in his body. Memories flooded back to him: the dream, the Chamber, Riddle... He reopened his eyes and the realization struck home. Riddle’s done something to her. He’s hurt her so badly, she can’t even speak.

Riddle circled like a shark to the feed as Harry and Ginny huddled together on the floor. Tiring of waiting for his prey to react, he opted for a psychological attack. “You know Potter, Miss Weasley and I had rather ‘private plans’ in the works for this evening. I’m afraid that you’ve ruined the mood. I don’t think I can allow your intrusion to go unchecked.”

Riddle glared contemptuously at Harry. He did not need his wand to inflict pain as he made eye contact and drove himself into Harry’s mind. In his weakened state, Harry was unable block the intense neurological intrusion in time.

He swore as the prickling in his scar morphed into an explosion of searing pain. Tears formed in the creases of his eyes and a wave of nausea threatened to overtake him.

Ginny felt helpless as she pulled him against her body. She shook with fear and silent tears trailed down her cheeks. Harry, I’m so sorry! I never should have brought you into this, she thought filled with fear and remorse. Please, you have to be okay. Hopeless, she began to smooth his throbbing forehead as she rocked him in her arms. Harry, please; I can’t do this alone.

Just as she was giving up, her closeness began to recharge him. It refocused his thoughts and strength trickled into his limbs. With new determination, Harry concentrated on building a barrier against Riddle in his mind. She needs me, he thought. I can’t let him hurt her.

Drawing from his feelings for Ginny and her presence, Harry evicted the dark wizard from his mind. As Voldemort was forced out, the pain in his scar eased. He regained enough control to pull away from Ginny, point his wand at her throat and lift the silencing charm that engulfed her. The second her voice was restored she grabbed Harry’s wand and yelled, “Enervate!” Her quick thinking rejuvenated him. He took back his wand and rose to his feet.

It was as if the volume in the room had just been turned up. Ginny’s voice restored, Harry now heard her crying out to him. “I’m so sorry Harry! It’s my fault! I was weak! I…I failed you!” She was sobbing, but there was no time to calm her. Instead, he moved to position himself in front of her crumpled form, shielding her with his body.

Riddle laughed and clapped his hands sarcastically, “Oh, bravo. What a touching performance. She’s quite the little actress isn’t she? After all, you saw her a moment ago didn’t you Potter? She’s simply aching for me to make her a woman,” he smirked casting his gaze quickly to Ginny and back. “I’d wager that I could show her pleasures like no other can.” Riddle watched with satisfaction as Harry’s anger swelled. Amused at the results, he chose to up the ante, “I do have to admit, I don’t blame you one bit for coming after her, Potter. She’s one hell of a shag.”

Harry’s blood boiled as he grappled with thoughts that his worst fears were true. Riddle raped her under the Imperious Curse! Harry tried to remind himself that it was still a dream. It wasn’t really Ginny’s body he had, but that private invasion of her still maddened him. If it was possible to destroy a person’s subconscious, Harry would find a way to obliterate Riddle’s! He’d annihilate him and his little dream portal!

Then he heard Ginny’s voice ringing through his head. “It’s not true Harry! It never happened! I swear! That was his plan tonight, but I made him angry and he stopped! Please Harry, you have to believe me! He’s only saying it to get to you! Don’t let him!” Ginny was gasping as she struggled to her feet, pushing off with her good arm.

“Ginny! Stay behind me!” Harry yelled as he flung one arm out to hold her back. Slowly he moved forward, wand raised, watching and waiting for his moment. If Riddle wants a war, he’ll have it.

Harry was older, better trained, and more experienced than the last time he faced Voldemort’s teen-aged personification. The next time Riddle threw a curse at him, he was ready. He deflected it to a nearby statue which exploded into shards of stone. Immediately, Harry threw a curse of his own and they began to duel. His confidence seemed to cause Riddle to falter a bit as he backed away slightly.

Curses ricocheted in all directions. Harry found it miraculous that Ginny wasn’t hit in the crossfire as he continued to advance on Riddle, pushing him back. When he was level with the bizarre mirror that hung on the wall, Harry began to work a plan in his mind. That’s it, just a bit further. I’ve got to force Riddle through, then destroy the portal.

Harry held his wand tightly as it vibrated with unbelievable energy. An endless volley of hexes raged between them until something went terribly wrong. In a cruel twist of fate, Riddle and Harry threw the same curse at precisely the same moment. The two curses were fused upon impact and white-hot liquid dripped from the vertex. Riddle’s eyes shot open wide in response and Harry’s body shook with the jarring force.

Harry gripped his wand with both hands to control it as Riddle struggled with his. Slowly they each moved forward, curses literally melting between them. It took immense concentration to maintain the connection.

Harry and Riddle squared off, mere meters apart. Harry was unfaltering, focused, centered. They were now positioned directly in front of the portal. The hazy blue glow radiating from the rippling surface cast an eerie glow upon their faces. Ginny stood by, wandless, searching her mind for ways to distract Riddle and weaken his focus.

Harry’s anger and his need to protect Ginny sent power pouring from every cell of his body. Remembering the unearthly advantages afforded him in the dream world, he began using his mind to blow Riddle off his feet. Harry steadily closed the distance between them until only centimeters separated their wand tips. The unexpected surge from Harry, coupled with the resonating pressure from the fusion of wands, sent Riddle reeling. In his shock, he overcompensated and lost his balance. Attempting to regain his footing, his wand lifted and broke their connection.

Ginny looked on speechless at the scene unfolding before her. Everything happened in a matter of seconds, but time felt strangely frozen. Harry had such incredible powers inside of him. It was almost frightening. Part of her knew that after that moment, Harry would never be the same. He had come to help her, save her. Now, Riddle was falling through the portal, in a moment she’d be free.

She moved closer to reach out to Harry when suddenly Riddle reached him first. He grabbed Harry by the arm and in the next second, they were gone. Riddle had fallen through the portal and pulled Harry in with him!

“Noooo! Oh Harry, NO!” she screamed. Her heart was pounding out of her chest. She was in a state of shock and panic! Seconds ticked by and Harry did not return. “Oh, please NO!”

Ginny took off at a sprint for the chamber door. She tore through the passages until she came to a door with light glowing beneath it. She grabbed the knob and wrenched it open. As the light hit her eyes…

Ginny gasped as though emerging from underwater and sat bolt upright in her chair. She was panting, sweaty and aching all over. Tears stung her eyes as she jumped up from her chair, screaming her dismay. As she ran into the hall, Fred and George appeared from their room.

“Ginny! What’s going on? What’s the matter? Did you have a nightmare or something?” Fred asked, trying to make sense of her ranting.

Ginny ran at her twin brothers screaming Harry’s name. Instead of throwing herself at them, she shoved them out of her way, knocking Fred painfully against the wall.

“Bloody hell, Ginny!” Fred yelled after her. The twins exchanged looks of shock then ran off after their sister.

Ginny reached Harry’s door and flung it open. Once inside, she practically dove onto his bed, grabbing him by the shoulders. She shook him desperately hard as she straddled him, crying out his name.

By all rights, he should have jumped right out of his skin from the rude awakening he was receiving, but Harry didn’t move. He looked dead as his head bobbed back and forth with the rhythm of her shaking.

Fred and George, who had followed their little sister at a run, were now trying to pry her away from Harry. “Is he dead? What the hell is going on, Ginny? Have you gone completely mental?!” She didn’t stop to explain, but instead fought them off and protectively clung to Harry.

She was absolutely hysterical. George shrugged his shoulders and tilted his head toward Ginny while looking at his twin as if to ask “What the hell do we do now?” For lack of a better idea, Fred slapped her across the face, bringing her back to reality.

George grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her to face him as he crouched on the floor next to Harry’s bed. “Ginny? Calm down! You have to tell us what’s happened!”

Her shoulders fell and she slowly brushed Harry’s cheek with her trembling hand. The life had gone out of her. She slid from his seemingly lifeless body and collapsed into George’s arms in desperate sobs. She clung to her brother as if she was drowning and he was her only lifeline. George pulled her to him and wrapped his arms tightly around her as she buried her face in his chest. All she could manage to say was “Riddle…Riddle…took Harry!”

Over the top of Ginny’s small form the twins looked at each other in utter shock and disbelief. Their eyes darted from Ginny to Harry’s form on the bed. Something was very, very wrong. He had been completely unaffected by her attempts to wake him. Whatever was happening, it was much more than a dream. They were sure of it. It was a nightmare; a nightmare they feared that had just come to life.

Reviews 131
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear