Search:

SIYE Time:14:48 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Goodnight indeed
By HeenieandMikki

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: Can the youngest Weasley help Harry out of his shell? This story is a one-shot written by Mikki, not Heenie (My partner)
Hitcount: Story Total: 5472







ChapterPrinter


Chapter One: The Goodnight

THIS IS A ONE SHOT ( That means it only has one chapter)

"Do I have to?" Ginny begged with her mum.
"Yes. And I want you to go now!" A slightly irritated Mrs Weasley added.
"But Mum-
"No buts-
"How come Ron and Hermione and Harry don't have to go to bed so early?"
Ginny slowly made her way up the stairs to the bedroom she was sharing with Hermione, Her mother following behind her.
"Because they are older." She simply stated.
"Mum! I'm almost fifteen! Don't you think that I'm old enough! Don't you trust me?"
"It's not that I don't trust you dear-
"Then why?"
"Well, One, They ARE older than you-
"Harry's fifteen too!"
"Don't interupt when I'm talking ,Ginny",Mrs Weasley warned,
Hmph. It's not fair. (This is Ginny's P.O.V by the way)
"Now using Harry as an excuse isn't approriate. His birthday's in three days! Your just being silly. Now get to sleep-
"But Mum-
"Thats enough Ginerva Anne Weasley! I have no Control over what Hermione does as long as she gets enough sleep. Ron can stay up because he is older and because he's trying to cheer Harry up and you know that he needs it. So just let Ron and Hermione do their thing-
"Mum, I can help Harry too you know-
"I will not hear of it. Ron and Hermione are his closest friends. Let them try first-
"They've been trying all week! Please Mum, I CAN help, you just have to give me the chance-
"How, may I ask, are you going to help him. Sirius's death is weighing on all of our hearts. He was a great man and he was very special to Harry-
"He needs someone to talk to-
"What do you think Ron and Hermione are doing"
"I-

Arg! Why can't mum just understand? Harry's in pain right now and I wan't to help him! Mum can be so stubborn. But then again, I don't think that Sirius is the only thing thats going through Harry's mind. There's something else... But I can't put my finger on it... You can see it his eyes... He alway's has this haunted, sad look in his eyes... But there was a mixture of Anger and guilt too... The guilt is for Sirius I'm sure... Harry was always blaming himself for things, the poor soul, but thats just Harry... But why I really want to talk to Harry is because I have gone through the same kind of thing in my first year... After Harry had deafeated the basilisk and I had woken up, I was horrified! I still had that silly crush in him at the time...But what would have happened if he had got hurt?! He could have died! And it would have been completly my fault... But years of convincing myself lead me to belive that it's not my fault, I couldn't have done anything, this was Voldermort I was up against...It's not my fault...It was Tom's fault... or better yet, it was Lucius Malfoy's fault... And Harry's feeling all guilty cause he thinks its all his fault that Sirius died... But he was tricked, he could have done nothing, He did what anyone would have done in his position... And now I have to help him see that...

Mrs Weasley sighed. "Ginny, you can talk to him tommorow..."
I sighed ,a big sigh.
"Fine... I'll see you in the morning...Good night..."

She had to stop herself from laughing at look af surprise on her Mother's face. She knew she had given up pretty easily but she wasn't giving up. She was merely giving up for the moment. There's a difference.

"Ok then dear. You get a good night sleep and I'll see you bright and early in the Morning, ok?"
"Ok, mum. Night..."
And with that Mrs Weasley was heading down the stairs. Ginny chut her door with a soft 'snap' and walked over to her bed and ploped right down, deep in thought.

She needed to help Harry...How... And then she got it.

"I know! I have to see Harry...Tonight! That way Mum can't strample all over me and say "Let Hermione and Ron do their thing...". She can be so annoying sometimes..." Ginny muttered to herself. She had gotten into the habit of talking to herself when she was angry or sad or fusturated. She had talken to herself during the summer holidays after her first year. For some reason, it made her feel more safe and secure hearing her own voice when she was sad, well, not just her's, any voice would do, but she on;y had herself to talk to so, yeah...

She walked over to her full length mirror and stuck on it (With some blu tack that her father had boght from a muggle shop) a note reminding her to finish her Transfiguration homework before Tuesday and then she walked over to her muggle alarm clock, set the alarm for 1 in the morning, crawled under her bed covers and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Come on, you can do better than that!’ Sirius yelled ducking from a jet of red light from Bellatrix’s wand. He stood there laughing at her. Then a second jet of light came across the room heading towards him. He was caught of guard. Sirius fell through the veil as in slow motion while Harry bounded down the stairs towards him. ‘SIRIUS!’

Harry woke with a start and sat bolt right up on his bed. After he had relaxed a bit he pulled off his covers and started pacing the room. (He isn't sharing Ron's room cause he could use Fred and Gorge's and cause they all thought that he should be alone anyway) He had dreamt about Sirius...AGAIN...This was the gazillionth time since his death and each time the nightmare got worse and worse...


He had accepted the fact that Sirius was gone but it didn't make him feel better, if anything, worse. Sirius had been the closest thing to a father for him and now he had lost him...and it was all becuase of Harry's 'love of playing the hero'. It was all his fault... Though Ron and Hermione were in some way helping him come out of shell a bit they could never understand, they hadn't been through what he had...It seems that everyone thats close to him dies or nearly dies... First his Parents then Cedric and now Sirius... and Ron and Hermione have come extreemly close, as did Luna, Ginny and Neville... And then there was the prophecy and all... For one cannot live while the other survives... The one with the power to vanqish the Dark lord will be born as the seventh month dies...stupid prophecy...and now Harry had reached his decision... Now that Voldermort could enter his mind, what's stopping him from possesing Harry and making him Hurt his close ones? Voldermort could posess him right now and make him go and kill Ron, and Harry wouldn't be able to stop it... What power does he have over Voldermort? So he had been forced to distance himself from his friends for there safety... Hermione had found out what he was doing and tried to stop him, but he wasn't going to let them stand in his way, He was determined...

"Harry?"

Harry spun around so quickly he was sure he heard something crack. He looked towards the door and there stood, Ginny? What was Ginny doing at ten past one in the morning in his room?

"Uh... Hello G-Ginny" He stampered nervously.

Ginny was openly staring at his chest now nad that just made Harry turn a more deeper shade of red.

"Uh, Ginny...?" He said again.

This time it snapped her out of her stumer (Sp?) and when she realised what she had been doing her cheeks burned ten times brighter then her hair.

"Uh, S-sorry H-Harry...I-I want-wanted to talk to y-you", Ginny stampered turning, if possible even more red.

"You too, huh?" He muttered under his breath."Let me put a shirt on and I'll be right out" He replied. He was sure she wanted to talk about Sirius with him too. But for some reason he wasn't bothered by this. He didn't see how but maybe talking to Ginny might help him better than talking to Hermione and Ron. He didn't feel comfortable talking to either of them, Even though they were his best friends. He couldn't help notice that Ginny had grown over the summer and wasn't the little girl that dropped whatever she was holding when he was around. She had grown to be, well, a woman to be exact. A very beutiful woman, at that- He had to stop thinking of Ginny that way! She has a boyfriend! Get it through your thick skull, Potter!

"Um...I wanted to talk to you in here..." Ginny said turning even more red.

"Whoa Gin" Harry said walking over to her, "Relax, If you could go any shade brighter you could win an Order of Merlin first Class"

Ginny decoulered aftrer that, though she still was a bit pink in the cheeks.

Harry walked over to his trunk and pulled out a Blue-black shirt and slipped it on over his head. This seemed to have an effect on Ginny. She looked a bit upset.

"Do you want me to keep it off?" He teased

"What? Oh, n-no-

Harry laughed at her discomfort, sat on his, or more Fred's, bed and patted a spot beside him on the bed, inviting her to sit down.
Ginny walked over to the bed and sat down.

"So..."
There was an awkward silence. Either were looking at eachother.

"So-
Ginny looked up from the polished wooden floor. "Harry, I wanted to talk to you about-
He looked up when he heard her voice. "Let me guess-
"Sirius" they said together.
They both turned away from eachother, in embarrament or laughter, who knows?

"Look Harry", Ginny said making eye contact with those emerald green eyes. Those eyes that made her feel dizzy and fuzzy inside...

"Look I know what your gonna say. Your gonna go on about it not being my fault and all-
"Well, it isn't your fault-
"And then your gonna say that I couldn't do anything to stop it
"That's true-
"And that I would have done what anyone would have done-
"I would have done what you did-
"And then your gonna ask me to move on cause there's nothing I can do-
"Harry, Can you listen-
"And that Sirius would have wanted me to be happy-
"Harry-
"And I really don't feel like listening to all that again-
"Harry! Can you just listen to me!" Ginny said urgently.
There was a silence. (Not an Awkward one, just a normal one ;D )
"Look Harry, all that stuff is true-
Hmph.
She continued as if she hadn't heard him, "But I wanted to talk to you because I might understand you better than Ron and Hermione could. Just hear me out, ok?"
Silence.
Harry gave a big sigh. "I'm listening" He said.
"Good", Ginny said, relived that he wasn't going to shout at her. He alway's was a bit snappy these days.

"Ok, I won't even bother talking about all that atuff that you just mentioned, you know about 'not feeling guilty', I'm sure Hermione and Ron have already bombarded you with those But it doesn't mean they're not true. Harry, I kinda went through the same thing in my first year."

"How?" Harry asked with a confused expresion on his face,"You never lost anyone just because they were close-

"I never said I did"
"Then why-
"
After my First year when you had saved me from Tom Riddle, The basilisk and all, I spent most of my summer crying and locking myself in my room, not opening to anyone. Mum and Dad, Ron and even Fred and George tried to convince me that it wasn't my fault that you had almost died and that I could have done nothing to stop it. I was against V-Voldermort, for goodness sake. It wasn't until around June in my second year that I stopped blaming myself for what I could have done nothing about. I was tricked, Harry. And with you ,well your in the same kind of situation You were tricked and there was nothing you could do against it. You were against V-Voldermort, one of the strongest wizards in the world-

"There was something I could have done! If it wasn't for my 'love of playing the hero' S-Sirius would have never died-

"Harry. First of all, You did not Kill Sirius, Bellatrix did-
"But he never would have gone if I hadn't fallen for that dream-
"Second of all, that was Snape's fault. He stopped teaching you Occlumnecy."

Harry looked a bit surprised at this.
"How-How did you find out about my Occlumnecy lessons? I didn't tell you."
Ginny just smiled at him with an mischievous twinkle in her chocolate brown eyes and answered, "Fred and George did invent Extendable ears, you know."

Harry looked at her with a mixture of amusment and pity.
"What?" she asked innocently.

"I bet your mum would be really disapointed if she got hang of the fact that your like your twin brothers" He lectured, waving his index finger teasingly.
"Oh, and she'll be upset if she ever finds out that your here in my room at half past one in the morning" He added, "Especially after all the fuss you made about not wasnting to go to bed and wanting to talk to me too".


"You heard that", She asked surprised.

Harry smiled one of his mischievous smiles and simply replied "Your not the only one that thinks about using Extendabale ears."

They both started laughing but stopped when they realised how loud it was.

"Man, it's feels good to laugh again..." Harry said, a sda smile playing at his lips.
"Yeah... You know you shouldn't keep youself locked up like this..."
"Yeah, I know...
There was a few minutes of silence before Ginny thought she mind round their talk up. It was getting late.

"Yeah... So Harry?
"Mm hm?" He answered.
"It's getting late...
"Oh, yeah, I know, You should get to bed, Your mum would skin you alive if she found you here, or worse your brothers."
Ginny gave a little chuckle. "Yeah..." She started walking towards the door but Harry grabbed hold of her hand and spun her around to face him.
"Ginny, I... Thanks. No seriously, you don't know how much this means to me…
“It’s ok Harry, someone had to make you see sense and I’m happy to do it, it was nothing-
“No it wasn’t nothing, thanks Gin-

What he did next even surprised himself. He took hold of both Ginny’s hands and kissed her. He didn’t know why or how he had the guts to do it all he knew is that he was really happy. He had been trying to hold a private conversation with Ginny away from her brothers so that he could tell her how he felt. But he never had the guts to tell her anyway. He was proud. Her lips were so soft… She smelt like strawberry’s and cream…

(Ginny’s P.o.v)

OH MY GOD! How’d he find the guts to do this!? OH MY GOD! I AM KISSING HARRY POTTER! THE BOY I’VE LOVED FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS! I THINK MY HEART MIGHT JUST EXPLODE, RIGHT ABOUT NOW!

(Back to Harry’s P.o.v)

Ginny was the first to pull away. She looked both shocked and surprised. Was that a good thing?

“O-oh, S-sorry Gin, I-I don’t know w-what came over me, I’m sorry-

Ginny just looked at Harry, who was apologising and looking lost, why was he sorry? She wasn’t. That was the best experience of her life!

She silenced Harry with a kiss. She was practically melting! How she stood her ground? She didn’t know. All she knew is that she didn’t want it to end…

But all good things must come to an end. She pulled away and whispered in Harry’s ear “Why are you sorry? I’m not…”

Harry just stood there a glazed look over his eyes. He was obviously in shock. Ginny started to giggle. That seemed to bring him out of his little world.

He had a small smile on face, which instantly turned into the hugest grin the whole world has seen. And she flashed the hugest grin in the world back.

“I think I better go to bed now…”
“What? Oh yeah… I could just imagine what Ron would say if he found his best friend snogging his sister. He would so kill me…
Ginny just laughed.
“You’re forgetting something, Harry. I’m a Weasley; therefore I have the Weasley temper”
“Harry laughed at that.
“Ooh, I’ve got to watch my step now…” Harry teased.
“You bet you will”
They both started laughing, forgetting that it was around two in the morning. That was until they heard a shout.

“Shut it up up there! Who’s laughing? Is it you Ginny?!”

They both shut up instantly.

“Ok, Harry, now I’ve really gotta go. Goodnight!” Ginny said quickly and gave him a peck on the cheek. “Think about what I told you. I’ll see you in the morning.”

And with that Ginny ran down the stairs to her respectful room, her long, silky hair whipping behind her.

“A Good night indeed” Harry whispered and closed the bedroom door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear