Search:

SIYE Time:18:09 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


It's Just One of those Days
By Alyssa Raven

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 17
Summary: Harry let go of his toe and sprawled out all over the carpet, "I think I'm going to stay here. Right here. And I'm not moving because I've had such a terrible day that if I dare move, I will most likely inflict more unnecessary pain upon my body, which I would much rather spare myself the trouble."
Hitcount: Story Total: 5127







ChapterPrinter


As Harry crept through the doorway, he found that the bedroom was quiet and still. Ginny had probably already fallen asleep. He carefully (so as not to wake her up) closed the door behind him, and blindly attempted to find his way over to the bed. Yes, he very much needed that bed. It had been a really, really rough day, and all he wanted to do now was to crawl into bed and sleep off today’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad events.

If only he could do so without stubbing his toe on the bedframe. Which he did so, very unsurprisingly.

Harry yelped and fell back onto the floor, clutching his throbbing toe in his hands and curling up into a ball on the carpet. The bedroom light from his girlfriend’s side of the bed clicked on, and he found her round, freckled, red-headed face smiling at him from the edge of the bed.

“Glad to see you’re home,” she chirped, watching him gingerly nurse his toe.

“Ginny,” he mumbled, “since when did the bed get smaller?”

“Never did. You just got more gangly,” she quipped, disappearing from the edge of the bed and flopping onto her back.

Harry slowly released his toe, which was beginning to turn into a rather nice shade of reddish-purple, and sprawled out on the carpet. “I think I’m going to stay here. Right here. And I’m not moving,” he muttered, looking up at the strange paint pattern on the ceiling. Whoever had built the quaint little house that he now shared with his girlfriend had decided to have textured painting done on the ceiling, and thus the ceiling was covered in a mass of funny-looking white swirls.

“Now why on earth would you do that?”

“Because I’ve had such a terrible day that if I dare move, I will most likely inflict more unnecessary pain upon my body, which I would much rather spare myself the trouble.”

“So you would rather stay on the floor and risk getting stepped on by me, if I were to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, or get slobbered on my Gallagher when he comes in here to sleep?”

Harry pushed his glasses up off the bridge of his nose, and massaged it with his forefinger and thumb. “We can leave the mangy mutt outside tonight.”

Ginny’s face appeared over the edge of the bed again, and she smiled. “I’ll have you know that’s your mangy mutt you’re talking about. And you wouldn’t dare do that to him.” Harry sighed. Ginny’s smile turned into a smirk as she raised an eyebrow. “I’m very much interested in this bad day of yours. Tell me how it went.”

Harry propped himself up on his elbows. “So I wake up an hour late for the Ministry, in which I am never late. Never. And in my rush to get ready, I slip on a bar of soap in the tub and I get my first bruise of the day, which is on my tailbone, I may gladly add.”

Ginny giggled. Harry glared at her and promptly told her there was nothing funny about bruising one’s tailbone. As soon as Ginny stopped giggling, Harry continued, “As soon as I get to my office I realized that I forgot my wand. So I figure, why not hit the Floo network to get it and be back in a jiff? But no, it doesn’t quite work that way. I just have to bump my head on the top of the fireplace on my way out.”

Harry pushed his bangs back to reveal a nice purple bump on his forehead.

“Aw, Love,” Ginny managed between giggling and looking sympathetic.

“Thank you. As I was saying...” Harry pulled himself up into a sitting position, “Then I go out to grab a bite of lunch with my boss, who buys shellfish for me even though I can’t eat shellfish because I’m allergic to it. But, of course, I’m not going to say anything because he’s my boss! So in the middle of lunch I get this awful allergy reaction and I have to rush myself into the bathroom to cast a relief spell before any muggles, as well as my boss, can see it,” Harry stood up and took off his Ministry robes, leaving him just a pair of khaki-colored trousers and a t-shirt.

“I get back to the office and I have to fire my secretary because I find her snogging Darren, the intern, on my desk! On my desk, Ginny!” Harry unzipped his pants and kicked them off, leaving him in nothing but a pair of green plaid boxers. “I go through a banshee-load of papers to file a new request for a new secretary and I come home late. I trip over the dog on the way in, in which I so gracefully bang my knee on the coffee table that’s much too big for the living room. And just now, as I come in here to make love to my beautiful, gorgeous, and sexy girlfriend... the bed shrinks and I stub my toe.”

Ginny giggled again as Harry crawled beneath the covers, and put his glasses down on his bedside table. She smiled at him, “It sounds like you’ve had a very bad day, Love,” she cooed, running her soft fingers over his cheek.

Harry let his face fall into the palm of her hands, and sighed. He turned his face to kiss her fingers one by one, and then slowly began trailing kisses up her arm. As soon as his lips reached her neck, he carefully settled himself on top of her, careful not to crush her under his weight.

“Harry...” Ginny said as he began to kiss down her collarbone.

“Hmm?”

“We can’t do this tonight.”

Harry’s head shot up. “And why not?”

“I’m having my monthly.”
Reviews 17
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear