Search:

SIYE Time:8:41 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Secrets
By MrsGinnyPotter

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 2
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Hary is there to comfort Ginny when she gets her heart broken, and Ginny thinks there is hope. But when Harry starts dating someone he decribes as "perfect", he doesn't notice the perfect girl is right in front of him.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2527







ChapterPrinter


I was finally happy. After Sirius died, I thought I'd never move on. Then, Dean Thomas asked me out. Finally. A reason to live. Dean was amazing. He didn't try to pry into my buissiness. He kissed me between every class and spent all his free time with me. It was the best three months, one week,and four days of my life. But just as fast as it started...It ended.

"Hey Ginny, um, I need to talk to you," Dean said, acting a bit tense.

"Hey Dean, what's up," I said, standing on tip-toe to kiss him on the cheek. But before she could get to him, he stepped aside. I was left standing there, confused.

"Ginny, somethings come up," Dean began with a slight frown on his face.

"What is it?" I asked, becoming nervous.

"Well, there's a gir-" Dean said, but never finished, as if he changed his mind half way through his sentance. "I mean, there's too much going on in my life right now. I mean, with N.E.W.T tesing coming up next year, and everything that's going on with my family, I just don't think I can fit a girlfriend in right now," he said with a heavy sigh of relief.

"Oh, um, well, are you sure?" I asked with a slight tremble in my voice. I hoped Dean hadn't noticed.

"I'm sure. I'm sorry Ginny, I love you," he said, with a last kiss on the cheek, he left her there, confused. I stood there, too shoked to move my feet. The break up came so suddenly. Everything was going great in my life. Dean was the only thing that kept my mind off Voldemort's return,and Sirius's death. And now, all the memories were back. There was no one to comfort me anymore. Or hold me when I wants to cry. No one.

"Hey Ginny, are you alright?" someone asked behind me.

"Huh?" I said, snapping back to reality. "Y-yea, I'm fine," I lied, looking at the ground.

"Well are you gonna just stand there al day," Harry said with a smirk.

"No, I'll move," I said, and he noticed something was wrong.

"Ginny, are you okay? You can tell me anything. I'll keep your secrets from everyone, even Ron," Harry said, walking around to me and looking into my eyes. I looked back into his beautiful green eyes.I loved the way the light caught them. I loved the almond shape. And at that moment, I knew he was telling the truth. He would keep the secret from anyone. Even if he was being tourchered by Voldemort himself. I wanted to tell him, I really did, but I didn't want to reveal my biggest secret. The one everyone belived was no longer true. The only secret I had ever held from Hermione, my truest and best friend. The secret I had kept for two years, the secret that if revieled, would change everything. The truth was, I still loved Harry, and always had. Until Dean. When I started dating Dean, I really gave up on Harry. At least, I thought I did. But if I tried explaining everything that happened with Dean to Harry, I might tell Harry how I really felt. And I knew that would change our relationship forever. But the question was , would it be a good change, or a bad one.

"Well, are you okay?" Harry asked me again.

"Um, well, no- I mean, I'm f-fine," I said, deciding not to tell him, but the moment that sentance came out, I knew anyone could tell that I wasn't fine. Then, I began sobbing uncontrollaly. I couldn't stop. I leaned against the wall and slid down in. I covered my face with my eyes and cried into them. Harry crouched next to me and put his arm around me. Almost instantly, I stoped crying. Just having him there with me made it all better. The world seemed to stop. And everything was fine.

"Ginny, what's wrong," he asked again, and I looked up at him.

"D-Dean broke up with m-m-me," I choked between sobs. "He said theres t-too much g-going on in his l-l-life and he c-can't have a girlfriend." Harry was silent. He finallt spoke in a cold, quiet voice.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"It's not the break up that's bothering me. It's the result of it. Dean was the only thing that kept me happy. He kept my mind off Voldemort's return. And off Sirius-" I felt Harry tense up beside me, "I mean, you know's death," I said. I looked at Harry and saw a tear in his eye. "Harry, I'm sorry for bringing it up. We'll just forget about it," I said.

"No Ginny, I don't want to forget about it. You're the only one I can talk to...him about. Everyone else keeps it all quiet like they think I can't handle it. Like I'm five," Harry said, looking straight ahead.

"Do you still think about him a lot?" I asked.

"Everyday, every second. Sometimes, I'll start writing a letter to Sirius, or I'll be this close to asking Ron or Hermione what I should get him for his birthday or Christmas, and I remember, he's..." Harry's voice faded. "Sometimes, I wonder what I could have said if I had one more second with him. And what he would s-say to me. What I could have said to change it," Harry said, with a few tears forming in his eyes.

"I talked to him one night. A few days after my third year ended. He said if it wasn't for you, he'd have no reason to live. You were what kept him sane. You kept him happy. He said he'd never forget when he first saw you. He always wanted to be there for you. He said he'd be there when you came to Hogwarts, when you graduated, when you got married. Everything," I stopped for a second to brush a tear away, but before I could, Harry had already done it. "I don't think anyone ever cared for another person half as much as Sirius cared for you," I said with a tear in my eye. I blinked it back and looked at Harry. He was crying too. I took his hand in mine. He looked at me and smiled. At that moment, I felt complete. I could never have felt safer. And that was that.

Harry stood up and helped me stand. We walked back to the common room, but I never dropped his hand. When we got back to the common room,everyone was still at dinner.

"I think I'll go grab something to eat before dinner is over." Harry said. I turned to go up to my dormitory. Harry grabbed my arm and turned me towards him.

"Harry, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Something I sould have done a long time ago," he said,leaning towards me. He gave me a gently kiss on the cheek. When he pulled back, I could see the happiness in his eyes. Without another word, he dropped my hand and left. And at that moment, my hand felt empty. But the kiss made up for it. And even though it was only a peck on the cheek, it was enough to say, mabey there is still hope.
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear