Search:

SIYE Time:7:04 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Seeking the Truth
By Been Reading

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 364
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

**March Dumbledore Silver Trinket Award winner for Best Drama and Best Romance**

Ginny Weasley's excited about starting her first real job after finishing school, except for one small thing: she'll have to face Harry Potter for the first time in over a year. Ginny struggles to deal with feelings she thought she had long put behind her, and with figuring out what really happened between Harry and Ron to fuel Ron's sudden hatred of his ex-best mate. Ginny is forced to make the ultimate decision... true love or family loyalty.
Hitcount: Story Total: 93595; Chapter Total: 4789
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter





There was a feeling of dread hanging in Ginny’s bedroom. She pulled her comforter high above her head and tried to hide from the sun’s first rays peaking through her window. The last day in the house had passed quickly and had been uneventful. Everyone had been too tired from practice and packing to a farewell celebration, so they had called it an early night. And now the time had come to say goodbye to their peaceful little existence; the real world was knocking on their door.

The team had the Saturday off before heading to Japan for their first match on Sunday. They were going to a small island off the coast where the pitch was actually built inside of a dormant volcano. It was said to be one of the most exquisite places in the wizarding world, and a very intimidating place to play.

The soft click of her door made Ginny sit up straight in bed. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw her door open and close without any visible person entering. She could hear the footsteps moving closer to her bed.

“Scoot over,” Harry said as he pulled off his invisibility cloak. Ginny happily obliged; Harry got in bed with her and pulled her close. After the last time he had unexpectedly appeared in her bedroom, Ginny had made sure that her nightgowns were a bit more appropriate.

“I was wondering if you’d show up before we had to leave,” Ginny said sleepily, placing her head on Harry’s chest.

“How could I leave without saying goodbye?” Harry asked.

Ginny began to draw small circles on his chest, enjoying their quiet time together. “You’re going to see me again tonight, and then we’ll be traveling together on Sunday.”

Harry sighed. “It won’t be the same. Hermione is my date tonight, not to mention Ron will be at the party, and then I’ll be under constant supervision while we’re traveling with the team.”

“You’re right; this isn’t going to be any fun,” Ginny pouted.

“Just remember that the end is in sight now. Soon, we can be together whenever we want,” Harry assured her.

“If we can get Ron and the rest of my brothers to accept us,” Ginny reminded him.

“Things will eventually work out,” Harry said, sounding like he was trying more to convince himself than her.

Ginny longed to just stay in Harry’s arms for the rest of the day, but she knew that wasn’t a decision she could reasonably make. Even if it were allowed, she had too much work to do to waste a day by staying in bed. “We should get up,” Ginny said reluctantly.

“I know,” Harry replied. They got out of bed and Harry picked up his invisibility cloak before heading for the door.

“I’m going to miss this,” Ginny said, wrapping her arms around Harry’s waist.

Harry rested his forehead against hers. “And here I thought it was me you were going to miss,” he said playfully.

“You know I will.”

Harry leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips, careful not to get carried away with his emotions.

“Bye,” Harry said softly before disappearing again beneath his cloak. Ginny looked longingly where she knew he was still standing. Her heart longed for her to tell him she loved him, but she knew it wasn’t the time or the place.

“Bye, Harry.”

The door opened and closed again, and Ginny knew she was alone. She knew that if she didn’t do something to keep her mind off Harry, she wouldn’t accomplish anything all day. She then now turned her attention to packing the last of her belongings. It felt strange to be packing up the room she had come to think of as home, but she knew it was time to say goodbye. She knew that in order to move on with the future she had to say goodbye to the past. And moving on with Harry was at the top of Ginny’s to-do list.




Before she knew it, Ginny was levitating her trunk on the front stoop of the Burrow. She didn’t want to come home; she knew that the memories might haunt her, but she didn’t have much of a choice. She just reminded herself that it was only temporary; that she would be leaving again on Sunday morning. Of course if she didn’t find another job, she’d never be able to move out after the World Cup. Just as Ginny was contemplating retreating and hiding out until the party, the front door swung open.

“Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to come inside?” Tonks asked, smiling at her.

“I guess I’m coming in,” Ginny said with a sigh.

“Well, you don’t sound too excited or anything,” Tonks teased.

“I was just thinking about what I’m going to do when the World Cup is over,” Ginny explained as she entered the house. “It’s hard not to think about it when there is a real possibility that everything could be over on Monday.”

“I’m sure you’ll figure something out,” Tonks assured her. “Here, have a cup of tea.” Ginny smiled gratefully and took the cup, sitting down at the kitchen table.

“I hope so,” Ginny said, taking a sip of her tea. “What are you doing here, by the way?”

“I’m here to do girly things with you,” Tonks said with a giggle.

“Excuse me?”

“Well, I’m going to the party tonight as unofficial security, so Charlie thought you might like to have someone here to get ready with,” Tonks explained. “I think he thought that we could both use some fun time away from work and away from boys.”

“Does it bother Charlie that you work mostly with men?” Ginny asked.

“I think he’s okay with it,” Tonks said with a shrug. She then smirked and raised an eyebrow at Ginny. “Does it bother Harry?”

Ginny laughed. “I don’t think so. In fact, it’s hard to get Harry to admit that anything bothers him, and that bothers me. He was so calm when he got the second threat and we had a row about it.”

“And then he destroyed his bedroom,” Tonks finished. “Minister Bones wants him to come into the Ministry on Saturday to undergo some tests.”

“But that’s his birthday!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Well, if there’s something we can do to stop his night terrors, I think it’s all right to give up some time on his birthday.”

“I’m sure you’re right,” Ginny said. They sat in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes, each lost in their own thoughts. Ginny felt like she still needed to clear the air with Tonks, and decided that this was as good of a time as any.

“Tonks,” Ginny began slowly. “Are you still against me and Harry?”

Tonks looked surprised to hear Ginny ask such a blunt question. “I was never opposed to it. I think that if you can make Harry happy then you’ll be good for him. I’m just concerned that you won’t be there for him if things get tough again.”

“But it’s not my fault I wasn’t there for him the first time,” Ginny argued.

“I know that, but you just said so yourself that you don’t know what you want to do with your life. Harry is a person who needs stability; he needs to surround himself with people he knows are definitely always going to be there,” Tonks explained.

Ginny rolled her eyes in response. “And you and Hermione were both so reliable with your Auror and Department of Mysteries careers?”

“Well, Hermione is settling down now; she gets Lily soon. And hopefully Charlie and I will be settling down and starting a family soon, and when that happens I’ll be taking some time off work,” Tonks said, trying to justify her thoughts.

“And all of that is better than me just not having a set plan for my future?” Ginny asked. “I’m only seventeen; I don’t think it’s the end of the world if I’m not sure what exactly I want to do.”

“Exactly. You’re only seventeen. Are you really ready to take care of Harry?” Tonks asked.

“Who says he needs taking care of? Isn’t he a perfectly capable wizard? Arguably the most powerful wizard of our time? I mean, why did you all send Dobby to take care of Harry? He seems to get along just fine to me, outside of his night terrors of course,” Ginny said, her frustration growing.

“You just don’t understand!” Tonks exclaimed.

“Well maybe I would if someone would just tell me what was really going on!” Ginny dropped her head on the table in frustration. She felt Tonks’s hand on her back and looked up.

“Listen, I’m sorry. I don’t mean to sound that you don’t care about what happens to Harry, but it’s been a long, rough year for all of us and being protective over Harry is part of my job,” Tonks said gently. “I think you’ll know what’s going on soon enough. I know that Harry will tell you everything himself, as soon as he’s ready.”

“Knowing him, it’ll be another year before he’s ready,” Ginny said with a sigh.

“Have faith in him,” Tonks reminded her. “If you care about him as much as you say you do, you’ll wait until he’s ready.”

Ginny sat in silence, contemplating everything Tonks had just told her. She made the mistake of not believing in him once; she wasn’t going to do it again.

“Tonks, I need your help with something,” Ginny said finally.

“Shoot.”

“Do you know where I could get a picture of Harry’s mum? I’ve never seen one, but I wanted to do something special for Harry’s birthday,” Ginny said.

Tonks furrowed her brow in thought. “I think I’ve got something that you can have in some of Sirius’s stuff. I inherited several of his personal belongings, and I always meant to give the picture to Harry, but for some reason I never did.”

“It would be great if I could have it,” Ginny said enthusiastically.

“Well no promises, but I’ll pop over to my flat and look if you’d like,” Tonks said.

“That would be brilliant!”

“One condition though: when I get back we’re going to forget all of the serious stuff and do fun girly things we were supposed to do.”

“Deal,” Ginny said, smiling. She was determined to win Tonks over; to make Tonks see how dedicated she was to Harry, even during a time when she couldn’t be with him. A little brownnosing never hurt anyone.

“All right, I’ll be right back.” Tonks stood up from the table and walked into the living room so she could floo over to her flat.

Ginny stood up from the kitchen table and decided to take her trunk up to her room. She levitated it up the stairs, and hesitated before opening the door of her bedroom on the third landing. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to face the memories that would be invoked by that room. She’d only stayed at the house very briefly since she started her seventh year at Hogwarts, and for some reason, the pain she had been able to ignore before was currently resting in the front of her mind.

She took a deep breath and slowly turned the doorknob. She took a step into the room and looked around; it was now covered in dust. It was obvious that her father and brother didn’t bother to clean the rooms they didn’t use. The room looked liked it belonged to a little girl with no problems in her life, and it made Ginny want to scream. The peaceful images brought on by the room conflicted so completely with the memories in the front of Ginny’s mind it made her feel nauseous.

She looked at her bed and she saw her mother taking care of her when she was sick. That image suddenly turned into the memory of her mother being hit directly in the chest with the Killing Curse and falling to the ground. Ginny looked over to her desk and saw Percy helping her with her summer homework after her first year. Then she saw Percy’s dead body appearing in the backyard of the Burrow with a warning written in blood across his chest. Ginny could feel the tears streaming down her cheeks, but she was powerless to stop the images that were now pouring through her mind: Bill helping her break into their broom cupboard for the first time… Bill diving in front of Harry, taking the Killing Curse that was meant for Harry before his body went limp.

The images were coming faster than Ginny could handle. She collapsed to the floor, her body shaking from her sobs. The things she had worked so hard to forget, the things she had buried in the back on her mind, were forcing their way out. She couldn’t breathe, she couldn’t see straight. She was on her knees, gasping for breath and praying for someone to show up and find her.

“Ginny!”

Ginny was aware of someone else’s presence in the room, but her mind couldn’t acknowledge them. She could feel someone pulling her up from her floor and out of the room, but all she could see were the faces of the people she’d seen die. She felt her body moving down stairs, but her mind was watching Lupin die trying to protect his former students. It was becoming easier to breath, but the images refused to go away.

“Ginny we’re going to use a Portkey,” she heard the same voice say, but she couldn’t respond while she watched Justin Finch-Fletchley bleed to death. Her mind then switched to the memory of her Hogsmeade date with Justin, followed by the image of him Petrified. She felt something being placed in her hand, followed by a tug at her navel.

She fell onto the ground; though the fall made the memories temporarily leave her, they were slowly starting to creep back into her consciousness once again. She closed her eyes tightly, and she started to hear the voices around her.

“Tonks! What’s wrong with her?”

“I think she’s having some kind of mental breakdown. I left her alone for a few minutes to get something at home, and when I got back, she was on the floor.”

Before the second voice had finished speaking Ginny felt a pair of strong arms around her. She felt a warm body behind her own, clutching her close. She felt safe, protected. A hand was gently stroking her hair, and there were words being whispered into her ear that she couldn’t quite comprehend. It suddenly felt like a wall was constructed in her mind, forcing the bad memories away. Ginny slowly opened her eyes. Her mind was clear, and she could focus on the room around her.

“Harry?” she asked, very confused. Although the bad memories were gone, she felt like she had just encountered a dementor.

“I’m here,” Harry whispered. He picked her up from the floor and sat down on the couch, pulling her into his lap like a little girl. He continued to stroke her hair with one hand, while making sure to hold her close with the other. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked gently.

It didn’t seem to hit Ginny until that moment exactly what had just happened to her. Whatever the wall was that had formed in her mind had allowed her to temporarily block out everything she had just been through, but Harry’s simple question had brought it all back to her. But now it was the memory of her panic attack instead of the memories of death and destruction. It was easier for her to handle in one piece instead of separate memories. Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck and buried her face in his shoulder and started to cry again.

“I was in my bedroom and all I could see were the people I loved dying,” she sobbed. “Mum, Bill, Percy… there were so many people!”

“It’s okay; it was just a memory,” Harry said soothingly.

“It hurts so much,” Ginny whispered. “I miss them all.”

“They wouldn’t want you to dwell on the pain,” Harry said slowly. “But I don’t think they’d want you to completely block it out like you’ve done, either.”

Ginny thought about what Harry had said. It was true; she had never really dealt with all of her pain. She had suppressed everything so she could focus on school, but now it was all coming out. “It was just too much at once,” she said. “I had held it all in for so long that when it finally came out it overwhelmed me.”

“You just can’t let it all build up inside again.”

Ginny sniffed and wiped her nose on Harry’s sleeve. “Like you?”

“I let things out in ways you don’t know,” Harry explained. “When the World Cup is over I’ll show you. But for now we just need to focus on getting through one day at a time.”

“I think I can do that,” Ginny said, drying her eyes. “Oh Merlin, I must look like a total mess!”

Harry leaned down and kissed her forehead. “I think you look beautiful.”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “I’m a mess.”

Harry placed a gentle kiss on her lips. “Beautiful.”

“How did I get here, by the way?” she asked, fighting a smile.

“Tonks made a Portkey and brought you. She left when she thought I had things under control so that we could have some privacy,” Harry explained. “It’s a good thing she’s an Auror and that I’m an important person, otherwise her unauthorized portkey could have gotten all of us in trouble.”

“I’m sorry to be such a hassle,” Ginny said sheepishly.

“I’m just glad I got to see you again before the party tonight,” Harry admitted. “I miss you when you’re not around.”

Ginny grinned. “So you helped me for entirely selfish reasons?”

Harry frowned. “I helped you because you’re important to me and I couldn’t stand to see you suffer. I’d do anything to help you.”

A thought crossed Ginny’s mind. “Harry, exactly how did you help me?”

Harry looked down, embarrassed. “I entered your mind and built a wall to block out all the memories.”

Ginny’s jaw dropped. “That’s really powerful magic, Harry.”

“I know. I can do it, but I can’t always control it, so I only use it in the most extreme of circumstances,” he explained.

Ginny reached up and kissed him. “Thank you.”

Harry smiled and kissed her again. “You’re welcome.”

Ginny pulled his face towards hers and covered his mouth with her own. After everything she had been through, she needed to fill her mind with a happy memory; she had to get rid of the cold feeling that was still dwelling in her heart. Ginny put all of her energy into kissing Harry, as if she were fighting a battle in her mind between good and evil, and kissing Harry was the only way good could win. Harry seemed to sense her need for intensity, and was happily trying to help her mission.

Simply kissing Harry and letting him hold her wasn’t enough for Ginny right now, though. She needed to feel his skin, feel the warmth radiating from his body. Her hand strayed down his chest and tried to work its way underneath his shirt. Harry jumped at the first contact, but soon relaxed again into her kiss. Just her hand on his chest still wasn’t enough; she needed more. Ginny pulled her other hand out of Harry’s hair and began tugging at the hem of his shirt with both hands; struggling to get it off over his head. When she finally succeeded, she stifled a giggle at the flush that crept from Harry’s face all the way down his chest. She pulled her body close to his and ran her fingers along his bare back. Finally, she was starting to feel warmth fill her heart again. She was brought back to earth when she felt Harry’s hands begin to slide on her back, underneath her shirt. It was something Ginny hadn’t even considered in her desperate search for the warmth of Harry’s skin, though it wasn’t completely unwanted.

“Oh my!”

Ginny jumped and landed beside Harry with her legs still dangled across his lap. She slowly turned her head and saw Hermione standing in the room. Hermione had turned her back to them, obviously embarrassed, but Ginny felt that if Hermione was embarrassed, she had to be mortified.

“I am so sorry,” Hermione said, still not facing them.

“No, it’s entirely my fault,” Harry said. He gently pushed Ginny’s legs off his lap and began to look around for his shirt.

“I think it’s behind the couch,” Ginny said, dropping her head into her hands embarrassedly. “And it’s my fault, not Harry’s.”

Harry found his shirt behind the couch like Ginny said, and quickly put it back on while Ginny tried to straighten her own appearance. “Hermione, you can turn around.”

“Again, I am so sorry,” Hermione said.

“You didn’t do anything wrong; you just walked into your home,” Ginny assured her. “I’ve just been having a rough day and Harry had been helping me.”

“Right, well, I took a half day at work so I could get ready for the party tonight. The new dress robes are beautiful, Harry. I love them.” Hermione smiled warmly at Harry, and Ginny couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy. Harry should be buying her new dress robes and taking her to parties, not Hermione.

“It’s nothing,” Harry replied with a shrug, casting a nervous glance in Ginny’s direction.

Hermione turned to look at Ginny again. “Did Harry tell you I’m working in the Care of Magical Creatures Department? I haven’t run into Charlie yet, but I’m sure I will eventually.”

“He does a lot of work out of the office,” Ginny explained. “I think he misses Romania, but he’d miss Tonks more if he was there.”

“I’m sure,” Hermione replied. Ginny couldn’t be sure, but she thought that Hermione looked to be on the edge of tears. “I’m just going to go take a shower. I’m sure I’ll see you tonight, Ginny.”

“Bye, Hermione,” Ginny said. As soon as Hermione disappeared into her bedroom, Harry collapsed onto the couch next to Ginny again. Ginny buried her face in Harry’s shoulder and started laughing. “I am so embarrassed.”

“At least you still had your shirt on!” Harry exclaimed.

“Sorry about that, by the way,” Ginny said, blushing.

“Don’t be,” Harry said softly, brushing a lock of hair off her face.

“I should be going,” Ginny said reluctantly. “Will I get to see you tomorrow? I need to give you your birthday present.”

Harry frowned. “I’m not sure. I don’t know how long I’ll be at the Ministry for testing.”

“So I won’t see you again until Sunday?” Ginny pouted.

“You’ll see me tonight,” Harry reminded her.

Ginny groaned. “It won’t be the same. Our boss will be there… Ron will be there… Whoever’s threatening us will probably be there.”

“Don’t think about that. Just enjoy yourself tonight.”

“I’d enjoy myself more if I was going with you,” Ginny said with a sigh.

“You know we can’t do that,” Harry said gently. “But I’ll make you a deal: as soon as the World Cup’s over you’ll be my date to every party I go to.”

Ginny smiled despite herself. “I think I’ll like that.”

Harry chuckled. “You say that now; just wait until you find out exactly how many parties I have to go to every year.”

“I’m really going now,” Ginny said unconvincingly.

“Bye,” Harry said, leaning over and giving her a kiss. Ginny jumped up from the couch before she could get too involved in the kiss to completely lose track of time again.

“I suppose I should get back,” Ginny sighed.

“I suppose,” he replied. “Tonks did say that once you felt better she expected you home.”

Ginny giggled. “I’m afraid I’m going to owe Tonks a day of doing girly things. I think this one has been officially ruined.”

“It’s not too late,” Harry said, laughing. He stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. He returned a few seconds later holding a teacup. “Here you go.”

“So, bye then, I guess,” Ginny said, wishing she didn’t have to return to the place that sparked her mental breakdown.

“I’ll owl you on Saturday when I finish at the Ministry,” Harry promised.

“Okay. Bye Harry,” Ginny said, making no real effort to move.

“Bye, Gin.”

“Girly!” And with a tug at her navel, Ginny was gone.




Ginny arrived back in the living room of the Burrow where Tonks was sitting nervously with Ron. Ginny realized that she must look like a complete mess. Her state of appearance was confirmed when Ron jumped up from where he was sitting as soon as he saw her.

“Ginny! Are you okay? Where were you?” Ron cried.

“I’m fine, Ron,” Ginny assured him. “I just had a bit of a reaction being back in my room, and I needed to get out of the house.”

“Well you could have at least told Tonks where you were going,” Ron said, the relief showing on his face.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking straight,” Ginny added.

“Well, the important thing is that she’s okay,” Tonks said. Ginny shot her a grateful look at her attempt to close the conversation.

“Ginny, I need to apologize to you,” Ron said suddenly. “I was being a real arse the other day at the manor. I just didn’t handle seeing Harry with Hermione very well… I never do.”

“I’m not going to say that it was okay for you to yell at me like that, Ron. You really hurt me. You should be glad that I haven’t started hexing you yet for some of the things you’ve done,” Ginny said, using all of her might to keep her cool. She wanted to have her wits about her when she finally got to confront Ron on keeping her letters from her.

“I should have never accused you of betraying me with Harry. I know you wouldn’t do that to me,” Ron said.

Ginny had to fight to keep herself from bursting into tears. She couldn’t confront Ron now. How was she supposed to explain to him exactly how she knew about the letters? No, she would just have to wait until after she and Harry put forward their plan to get Ron talk to Hermione. Then, maybe he could understand.

“I forgive you, Ron. But it still wasn’t okay,” Ginny said.

“By the way, a package came for you while you were gone,” Tonks interrupted. “It’s right over there.”

Ginny shot Tonks a curious look and walked over to where she had pointed. She saw a large box, and when she took off the packaging she saw it was from Madam Malkin’s. She couldn’t help the grin that covered her face. She lifted the lid and revealed a beautiful green material. She pulled the robe out of the box and touched the soft cloth to her face.

“Who’s that from?” Ron asked.

Ginny exchanged a nervous look with Tonks. “I don’t know,” she lied.

“There wasn’t a card,” Tonks added.

“That’s a pretty expensive gift from a stranger,” Ron commented. Ginny couldn’t help but think he sounded a little suspicious. “I mean, who would send you something like that? You don’t have a date for tonight, do you?”

Ginny shook her head. “I’ve been too busy to worry about things like that.”

“You know, I ran into Dean Thomas the other day at the Ministry,” Ron said nonchalantly. “He was asking me how you were doing. I bet if I Flooed him, he’d love to go with you tonight.”

“Because he and I parted on such good terms,” Ginny muttered under her breath. “I’ll be fine,” she assured her brother. “Besides, you don’t have a date either, do you?”

Ron shook his head. “I don’t plan on staying very long.”

“Well, I’ve got a very sexy date for tonight,” Tonks said grinning.

“I can’t believe you actually got Charlie to come,” Ron said.

“Not everyone hates these things as much as you do, Ron,” Ginny pointed out.

“All right, that’s enough chitchat,” Tonks said, putting her hands on her hips. “I came here to do girly things with Ginny and get ready for this party we all have to go to, so we are going to do girly things even if it kills us!”

“You’re not including me in that, are you?” Ron asked.

Tonks slapped his arm, laughing. “No. Come on Ginny, grab those gorgeous new robes and bring them upstairs so we can start getting beautiful!”

Ginny grinned, picked up the box containing her present, and ran up the stairs with Tonks, leaving Ron puzzled behind them.

When they reached the door to Ginny’s bedroom Tonks went right in, but Ginny stood hesitantly outside the room. She wasn’t sure if after everything she’d just been through she was ready to face the memories again.

“Are you coming?” Tonks asked.

“I’m not sure,” Ginny replied hesitantly.

“You have to face your demons eventually,” Tonks said gently.

“I know,” Ginny said quietly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She tried to focus on the wall that Harry had built in her mind and the warm feeling that being close to him gave her. Feeling as prepared as she could be, Ginny opened her eyes and crossed into her bedroom. She saw that the bed was just a bed, the desk was just a desk, and the window was just a window.

“Everything okay?” Tonks asked, examining Ginny as if she were about to break.

Ginny let out a sigh of relief. “Yep.”

“So I’m assuming Harry sent the dress robes?”

“I’m assuming the same thing,” Ginny said with a shrug. “I know he bought Hermione new dress robes for tonight, so it would only make sense that these are from him as well.” Ginny pulled them completely out of the box and held them up against her body.

“They’re beautiful,” Tonks gushed.

Ginny couldn’t stop the silly grin that crossed her face every time she thought about Harry. “I wish I was going with him tonight.”

“No, you don’t,” Tonks said, chuckling. “You wouldn’t want to deal with the situation you’d be putting yourself in if you went to the party with Harry tonight. The press, the attention, your family, your boss… Trust me; it’ll be much better if you don’t go to the party with Harry tonight.”

“But does he really have to bring Hermione?” Ginny exclaimed. She quickly brought a hand up to cover her mouth. “I said that out loud, didn’t I?” she asked sheepishly.

Tonks looked at Ginny sympathetically. “I know it’s going to be hard, but you just have to remember that even though he loves Hermione, he’s never been in love with her.”

“But even you think she’d be better for him,” Ginny said, falling backwards onto her bed in frustration.

“I never said that,” Tonks said defensively. “It’s just that she’s Hermione, you know. She’s smart and reliable, and she’s been there with Harry through the worst of it.”

“And I’m hot tempered, unreliable…”

“That’s not what I said!” Tonks interrupted her. “You and Hermione are just two different people; you’re the one Harry fell in love with. That’s what’s important.”

“I hope you’re right,” Ginny said with a sigh.

“Well, you won’t ever know if you don’t start getting ready for this party,” Tonks said, doing her best to sound cheerful.

“All right,” Ginny replied, forcing a smile. “What kind of girly things do you have planned?”
Reviews 364
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear