Search:

SIYE Time:23:34 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Seeking the Truth
By Been Reading

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 364
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

**March Dumbledore Silver Trinket Award winner for Best Drama and Best Romance**

Ginny Weasley's excited about starting her first real job after finishing school, except for one small thing: she'll have to face Harry Potter for the first time in over a year. Ginny struggles to deal with feelings she thought she had long put behind her, and with figuring out what really happened between Harry and Ron to fuel Ron's sudden hatred of his ex-best mate. Ginny is forced to make the ultimate decision... true love or family loyalty.
Hitcount: Story Total: 93591; Chapter Total: 7364
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny snuggled up closer to Harry as she fought waking up. The sun was starting to peek through her bedroom window, a harsh reminder that morning was upon them. Wait… We’re in my bedroom! Ginny sat up in bed, and glanced at her clock.


“Harry!” she hissed as she shook his chest. “Wake up! You have to get out of here!”


Harry sleepily opened his eyes. “What time is it?”


“It’s about five,” Ginny said as she frantically looked around her room for her nightgown. She didn’t bother changing her clothes the night before, and she definitely couldn’t go down for breakfast wearing her dress from the party. Harry was watching her search, looking particularly amused. “This is not funny! My dad or Ron could catch us!”


Harry chuckled as he sat up in bed, crossing his arms over his bare chest. Ginny paused for a moment, startled by the sight of his chest. It wasn’t the first time she had seen him without a shirt on, and she was shocked by the difference a few weeks could make. He had looked almost emaciated back at the manor, but now he was toned and fit. Though Harry was still not overly muscular, Ginny thought that his rippling muscles were overrated.


“At five in the morning?” he asked cheekily.


“Well, it is a work day,” Ginny replied huffily, tearing her eyes off of Harry’s chest and starting to search the floor for his missing shirt. “Where did you put your shirt when you took it off last night?”


“They don’t have to go to work until eight, and I don’t remember taking my shirt off last night,” Harry said calmly, still watching her with a twinkle in his eyes.


“You’re impossible!” Ginny got down on her knees and looked under her bed.


“Gin?”


“What?” Ginny snapped, sitting back on her heels.


“Do you think it’s possible that my shirt is now with your dress and shorts?”


“Oh,” Ginny said as comprehension hit her. “You’ll have to go home topless then.”


“Care to join me?”


“Harry!” Ginny exclaimed. “What’s gotten into you this morning?”


Harry grinned. “I’m feeling very rebellious, lying here in your childhood bed, knowing that we could be caught at any minute.”


“I thought you said we still have time.”


“I think we do, but it’s still exciting.” Harry patted the space on the bed next to him.


Ginny obediently got up from the floor and sat down beside him. She sighed and placed her head on his shoulder. “I guess we probably do have a few minutes.”


“Feeling better?”


Ginny nodded. “I was so mad at Ron last night that I just lost control, especially when I saw what he was doing with Padma.”


Harry’s face looked like he had smelled rotten milk. “When did they get to be so close?”


“After the party. They’ve been inseparable lately.”


“Well, good for them, I guess.”


Ginny pulled away from Harry so she could look at his face. “I want to talk to Hermione.”


“What? Why?”


“Because I don’t want to feel like I’m fighting with her over you for the rest of my life. Talking to everybody last night made me realize how much I miss her friendship. We need to come to some kind of truce… I know you’re a part of hers and now Lily’s life, but she needs to understand that now you’re as well a part of mine.”


“She should be at the Ministry today,” Harry suggested. “I know that’s one of the few places you can still go.”


“Maybe we could have lunch or something.” Ginny was started to feel hopeful that she would find resolution in that area of her life. “I’m definitely going to have to do that today.”


“Maybe I’ll come by for lunch and we can all go… or would that be a problem?”


“I don’t think it would be a problem, but don’t skip out on practice or anything to get there.” Ginny crawled over so she was straddling Harry’s lap. “Now you,” she paused to place a kiss on his nose, “need to go.” Harry grabbed her by the hips and crushed his lips against hers. Ginny slid her arms around Harry’s neck and leaned her body forward against his. She felt Harry give her a slight pop on her bum, causing her to pull away and stare at him in mock horror. “What’d you do that for?”


Harry grinned. “You said I needed to go… I just wanted to make sure you’d miss me.”


“I don’t think there’s any way I couldn’t.” Ginny hopped off his lap, trying to regain the upper hand. “You should make sure you don’t start something you can’t finish, though.”


Harry raised an eyebrow. “You’re the one who says I have to leave.”


Ginny sauntered over to where she had placed her nightgown earlier. “And you’re the one who hasn’t moved from the bed.”


“True.” Harry got out of bed and picked up his invisibility cloak from the floor. He wrapped it around his shoulders, making the lower half of his body disappear. “I’ll try to meet you two for lunch. Please try to refrain from killing Hermione if she’s a bit stubborn. I don’t really want to adopt Lily tonight.”


“I’ll try,” Ginny said, rolling her eyes. “Have a good practice.”


“I love you.”


Ginny smiled. She didn’t think it was possible to hear those words come out of Harry’s mouth without smiling. “I love you, too.” She watched Harry disappear with a small pop. She changed out of her dress before heading downstairs. She knew that there was no way she’d get back to sleep now. She had almost reached the bottom of the stairs when she ran into something.


“Merlin, Ginny!” Ron exclaimed nervously. “Watch where you’re going.”


Ginny eyed Ron, embarrassed to look him in the eye knowing what he had been doing the night before. She noticed that he was wearing the same clothes he had on the night before. “Just getting in?” she asked, knowing the answer.


“It’s none of your business.”


“Tsk, tsk.” Ginny clucked her tongue. “What would Dad say?”


“Nothing, because you’re not going to say anything,” Ron growled.


“It would serve you right if I did! Honestly, Ron. Do you have nothing better to do with your time than try to set me up?”


Ron eyed her warily. “Trust me; your message rang through loud and clear last night.”


“I’m going to go fix my breakfast,” Ginny said, pushing past him on the stairwell. She heard Ron storm up the remaining flight of stairs to his bedroom. She prepared her breakfast and then plopped down at the kitchen table to eat. She glanced at the clock, trying to stop thinking about last night’s events. She wasn’t sure what would happen if she didn’t stop having panic attacks. She didn’t even want to think what might happened if Harry wasn’t around to help her.


Ginny sighed into her breakfast. She would love to finally get off the emotional rollercoaster they had been on, but she didn’t see any positive solution in the near future. She just need to take things as they came and stop being so emotional. But first, she had to get through her talk with Hermione. Ginny realized it was going to be a very long day.



Ginny felt like she couldn’t focus on her work that morning. People were popping in and out of her office to make sure that they had the plans set for when the team was to leave for Tibet. She was having a hard time believing that they were leaving again in a week. Fortunately, this time they’d be in Tibet for about a week before the match so they would get to practice on the real pitch.


The pitch in Tibet was even more famous than the one in Japan. It was hidden in a mountain valley and had a Buddhist Temple on the side of one of the mountains. The temple was actually the entrance to the Chinese Wizarding School, which was famous for its ancient architecture. Ginny was excited that she even still got to travel with the team, much less to such an exciting country.


Ginny glanced up at the wall clock and decided that it was finally time to ask Hermione to lunch. She knew that going this early would probably mean that Harry would miss them, but she thought that if she sat in her office another minute longer she’d go crazy. She stood up from her desk and walked to the lift that would take her down to level four.


Ginny grew more nervous with every step she took once she got off the lift. She glanced in Charlie’s office as she passed; it was empty as usual. She continued down the narrow corridor until she reached the office marked with Hermione’s name. She gently knocked on the door and waited for a response.


“Come in.”


Ginny pushed the door open and walked into the office. Hermione was barely visible with all of the books and folders stacked along the edge of her desk. Ginny had to stifle a giggle at the sight before her: Hermione had ink smudged on her nose and a quill stuck behind her ear.


“Am I interrupting?”


Hermione finally looked up from whatever she was working on. “Ginny! I’m sorry, I’m just not yet used to not getting any work done at home. I’m trying to do as much as I possibly can before I have to pick Lily up from the nursery.”


“Well, is there any way I can steal you for lunch?”


“Lunch?” Hermione’s voice made it sound as if it were a foreign concept.


“You know, that thing people eat in the middle of the day?” Ginny said with a grin.


“Well, I guess I could take a break.”


“You might want to get the ink off your face first,” Ginny said, the amusement in her voice evident.


Hermione blushed. “Just give me a minute and I’ll meet you at the Atrium.”


Ginny walked out of her office and headed back towards the lifts. She was surprised to see that when she passed Charlie’s office this time he was sitting at his desk, sorting through some papers. She poked her head in the door.


“Hi, Charlie.”


“Hey, Ginny! What are you doing here?”


“I came to ask Hermione to lunch.”


“Getting your plan started?” Charlie asked quietly.


“I’m starting to get things right with Hermione,” Ginny replied. “I’m going to start there, and then hopefully I’ll be able to talk some sense into her regarding Ron.”


“Baby steps.”


“Exactly,” Ginny said with a grin. “Are you coming by the house again anytime soon?”


“I’ll probably pop in sometime this week,” Charlie said.


“I’ll see you later then.”


“Bye, Ginny.”


Ginny walked the rest of the way down the hall and got on a lift. When she arrived at the Atrium she only had to wait a few minutes for Hermione to show up. Ginny waved her over to where she was standing.


“Where do you want to eat?”


“Do you want to go to the Leaky Cauldron?” Hermione asked.

“That works.” The two women exited the Ministry and walked down the road to the pub. They took a seat at a table in a corner. The table was filled with awkward silence as they looked over their menus. A waitress came and took their order and then the silence continued.


“Let’s be frank, you didn’t ask me here for no reason,” Hermione said bluntly.


Ginny frowned. “I didn’t ask you here to yell at you or anything like that, if that’s what you’re thinking. I wanted to talk to you about,” Ginny glanced around the room and lowered her voice, “Harry.”


“What about him?” Ginny could tell that Hermione was assuming a defensive stance.


“Well, I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to spend the rest of my life feeling like I’m fighting with you over him.”


“I’m not trying to steal him from you,” Hermione said testily.


“I’m not saying you are, but that’s what it feels like,” Ginny said patiently. “I understand that Harry is an important part in your life.”


“He was there for me when no one else was, and likewise,” Hermione interrupted.


“I know,” Ginny said softly. “But you have to stop holding it against me that I wasn’t.”


“You have to stop holding it against me that I was!”


Ginny looked at Hermione in surprise. She had never thought about it like that, but now that Hermione had said it, she realized it was true. She was holding it against Hermione that she was there for Harry. “I’m sorry. I’ve just felt like I had to prove to you and Tonks that I would stick by Harry. I’ve felt like you didn’t think I was good enough for him.”


“It’s not that, it’s just that after everything we’ve been through it’s hard to trust people to be there for you when you really need them.”


“I’m not going anywhere, Hermione.”


Hermione sighed. “It became second nature to take care of Harry and to go to him when I need help.”


“But you have to understand that Harry is finally moving on with his life. He can’t do that if you try to hold him back… it’s not fair to him.”


“I know he’s moving on. I’m happy for him, honest. But…”


“But you’re jealous of him?”


Hermione examined her hands on the table. “I just want to be happy again.”


“I know this is going to sound like a terrible thing to say right now, but you know you made your own bed, right?”


A lone tear rolled down Hermione’s cheek and she quickly wiped it away. “I did what was right. Ron will be much happier without me.”


“He hasn’t been until recently. But I won’t lie to you, he is happy right now. Being with Padma has brought the old Ron back, for the most part at least.” Ginny hated to say all of those things to Hermione, but she felt like it was necessary. “Will you please just talk to him? He’s moved on now; he’s let you go. If you care as much about Harry as you say you do, tell Ron the truth.”


Hermione’s eyes were glassy and she stared at the table. “I never told anyone that Ron and I were having problems before my parents died. We were arguing about our future all the time. Ron wanted a big family like yours; I wanted to have a family, but I want to have a good career first. It wasn’t like I didn’t want a family; I just didn’t grow up the same way as you two did. And Ron wasn’t trying to force me into being like your mum, but somewhere in my mind I was starting to doubt that we’d be able to make each other happy forever.”


“Is that why you started to pull away from him?” All of Hermione’s actions were starting to make more sense to Ginny.


“Well, I felt guilty that I spent that Christmas with him instead of my parents. It was my last chance to spend time with them, and I didn’t take it. And then, suddenly, they were gone. I think I subconsciously blamed Ron. I needed to be mad at someone, and Ron was the easiest person to blame.”


“It made you feel better about choosing him over your parents that Christmas.”


The tears were now streaming down Hermione’s cheeks. Ginny reached across the table and took her hand for comfort. “Yes… Harry had finally gotten me over it, though. The blame, at least. I hadn’t confided in anyone about my doubts. When I was hit with that curse, I thought it was a sign that I wasn’t meant to be with Ron. It was the final confirmation that our paths were just heading in different directions.”


“But you loved each other. Ron just wanted you, everything beyond that were just musings. All Ron wanted was you!” Ginny was so frustrated. She could follow Hermione’s train of thought, but she couldn’t comprehend how Hermione could fail to see the errors in her logic.


“I did what was for the best.” Hermione’s voice was strong, but her tears revealed her doubts. “I loved him… I still love him.”


“Then you should have never left him,” Ginny said, giving Hermione’s hand a squeeze. “But you did, and I support your decision, regardless of how much I disagree with it.”


“Thank you,” Hermione whispered, using her free hand to wipe her cheeks.


“The thing is, though, when you made that decision you changed Harry’s life. You owe it to him to set things straight with Ron. Harry’s innocent in all of this, and he deserves to have his name cleared.”


“I’ll talk to Ron.” Hermione’s voice had been barely audible, but her words lifted Ginny’s heart.


“Thank you.” Ginny pulled her hand away from Hermione’s as the waitress approached with their food. They ate in silence; both women were lost in their own thoughts. Ginny felt guilty for smiling as she ate. She knew that Hermione was feeling terrible, but she couldn’t help feeling elated. It seemed surreal; Hermione was finally going to talk to Ron.


No one spoke again until they were finishing up their meal. “Would you like to come with me to see Lily?” Ginny looked up from her food, surprised. “You don’t have to,” Hermione added quickly, “but I visit her about this time everyday, and I’d love you to get to meet her.”


Ginny smiled. “I’d love to; just let me settle our bill.”


“You don’t have to do that.”


“I insist.” Ginny stood up from the table and went in search of their waitress. When she had paid, they made their way back to the Ministry. They were halfway there when they ran into Zacharias Smith.


“Ginny!”


“Hi, Zac. You remember Hermione, don’t you?” Ginny said politely.


“Of course, who could forget our Head Girl? It’s lovely to see you again.”


“Likewise,” Hermione replied.


“So we still need to set out lunch date, Ginny,” Zac said, practically turning his back on Hermione.


“My schedule is so crazy right now I’m afraid I can’t really plan anything! Hermione and I have been trying to get together now for months,” Ginny said, shooting Hermione a look to get her to agree.


“Oh yes!” Hermione jumped in. “Ginny here is just too busy. Actually, she’s late for a meeting now, so we should be going. Nice to see you, Zac.”


“Bye!” Ginny called as Hermione dragged her down the road. “Thank you so much!” she exclaimed as soon as they were out of earshot. “He can’t seem to take a hint!”


“No problem, I owe you,” Hermione replied with a grin. “Is he one of the blokes Ron has been trying to set you up with? Not to pry, but Harry’s been filling me in.”


Ginny grinned. “He’s one of them… one of the worst, actually.”


They were approaching the Ministry and Ginny was about to head to the entrance, but Hermione pulled her to the side.


“The nursery is right through here.” Ginny followed Hermione into a building she had never noticed before. She looked around the brightly decorated room, thoroughly confused. “There’s a Confundus Charm on the building for the protection of the children. No one without a genuine purpose to come into the building will be able to see it,” Hermione explained, noting Ginny’s confused expression.


“That’s really clever,” Ginny commented.


“It’s become a much more common practice since the war.” Hermione lead Ginny down a long hall to an opening where there were almost a dozen identical looking doors. Ginny couldn’t help but shiver; something about the room reminded her of the Department of Mysteries. Hermione walked over to where there was a white panel in the wall. She placed her hand against the panel and one of the doors swung open.


“Anyone who has clearance to visit a child in the building has to submit their handprint. They can only access the room of the child they have clearance to visit.”


“This has tighter security than the Ministry,” Ginny said.


“Well, these are mostly children of Ministry employees. The employees can defend themselves, their children can’t. Come on, let’s go see my Lily.” Hermione motioned for Ginny to go through the open door. Ginny walked in, but she was barely a few feet into the room when she stopped abruptly and Hermione ran right into her. The two women froze, lingering in the doorway, watching Harry sitting on the floor, playing with the baby.


Ginny felt her heart race as she watched Harry. He looked so natural playing with the adorable little girl; she could just imagine him playing with their own children some day. She felt Hermione put a hand on her shoulder. She looked back and smiled.


“Hello, Harry,” Ginny called.


Harry jumped as if he had been caught doing something wrong. “Hi guys,” Harry said sheepishly. He stood up from the floor, carrying Lily on his hip. “Mrs. Patterson said it would be fine if I played with Lily for a bit.”


“That’s fine,” Hermione said. “Why don’t you give her to Ginny.”


Ginny left Hermione standing by the door and walked over to Harry. Harry placed Lily in her arms, and the baby instantly cradled against her chest. Harry glanced around the room quickly before placing a quick kiss on Ginny’s lips.


“Ginny, this is Lily,” Harry said softly.


Ginny brushed the dark hair out of the baby’s big brown eyes and smiled. “Hello, Lily.” She looked at Harry and her smile grew. “Hermione is going to tell Ron the truth.”


“You bastard!” They all turned around to see a fuming Ron standing in the doorway. Ginny was so shocked she almost dropped Lily. “I’m going to kill you!”


“That is enough!” Mrs. Patterson yelled. “I want the four of you out of my nursery this instant!”


Ginny silently handed Lily to Mrs. Patterson and followed Hermione back into the room with all of the doors. She was so nervous her entire body was shaking. Ron was pacing at one end of the room while she, Hermione, and Harry stood at the other. Ginny had a feeling this was going to be worse than almost all of the battles she took part in during the war.


The door to the nursery had barely shut when Ron exploded. “You!” he screamed as he continued pacing. “And you!” he stopped and glared at Ginny before turning his attention back to Harry. “Who do you think you are?”


“Ron, calm down,” Ginny said, her voice quivering. “Give us a chance to explain.”


“Explain what?” Ron spat. “How Harry knocked up my girlfriend and then took on my sister as his mistress? How stupid do you think I am? It all makes sense now; Hermione dropping off the face of the planet, now this baby with Harry’s hair and mother’s name? Come on, I may be thick but I’m not that thick!”


“She’s not my baby!” Harry exclaimed.


“Oh, so that’s the only way you care to defend yourself? It’s okay to be with Hermione and Ginny at the same time but heaven forbid you take responsibility for your baby!”


“I’m not with Hermione!” Harry cried.


“I told you to stay away from my family, Potter.”


Ginny stepped forward to put herself between Ron and Harry. “What are you even doing here, Ron?”


Ron let out a bitter laugh. “Your comment about me trying to keep you away from Harry last night sounded suspicious, so I decided to follow you today when you left the office. I saw you at lunch with Hermione, and I heard you just now, ‘Hermione is going to tell Ron the truth.’ Well, the truth is right here in front of my eyes.”


Ginny looked desperately over to Hermione who appeared to be frozen in place. “Did you hear any of our conversation at lunch?”


Ron shook his head. “The body language was enough. Is sharing Harry getting to be too much for you two? How long has this little threesome been going on, anyway?”


“She’s not Harry’s baby, Ron.” Hermione’s voice rang through the room, strong and clear. “And I’ve never been with Harry.”


“You said you loved him,” Ron accused, focusing his attention on Hermione for the first time since he made his presence known.


“I do, as a brother.” Hermione’s voice was still strong, but Ginny could see that her hands were trembling.


“I don’t believe you.”


“Harry’s in love with Ginny, not me. He has been for some time now.”


Ginny reached back and grabbed Harry’s hand at Hermione’s proclamation.


Finally it was Ron whose voice was shaking. “If you’re telling me the truth now, nothing that you’ve done over the last year makes any sense.”


“I couldn’t give you what you wanted!” Hermione shouted, her cool exterior finally cracking.


“I only wanted you!”


Hermione started to cry, and Ginny extended her free hand to her. “You know we were having problems.”


“But I thought we fixed them,” Ron insisted.


Hermione shook her head. “I had so many doubts… so much guilt…”


“You’re not making any sense! You’ve never been able to give me a good reason why you broke up with me!”


“I can’t have children! There are you happy now? Death Eaters took away my ability to have a family!”


Ginny felt her body tense as she waited for Ron’s reaction.


“But, you have a baby,” Ron argued, his face displaying his confusion


“She’s adopted, Ron,” Hermione said with a sigh. “She’s a war orphan like Harry and myself. Her real name is Lillian Casey. I felt alone and knew that I could never have a family of my own so I did something about it.”


“Why didn’t you just tell me?” Ron whispered.


“I did it for your own good,” Hermione replied softly. “I knew you’d never let me go.”


“You let me suffer all this time for nothing?” Ron shouted. “Bloody hell, Hermione, you ruined my life!”


Tears started streaming down Hermione’s cheeks. “I’m sorry. I did what I thought was best.”


“Why don’t you ask someone else next time before you decide what is best for everyone?” Ron glared at the three of them before storming back out of the room.


When he was gone Hermione leaned against the wall and collapsed to the floor crying silently. “Oh my,” she whispered. “You must all hate me.”


Harry quickly moved down to the floor beside her. “I don’t hate you, I love you.”


“But I made a real mess of everything, didn’t I?” Hermione said through her sniffs.


“Nothing that can’t be fixed,” Ginny said. “Harry and I found each other.”


“And Ron has moved on, just like I wanted him to,” Hermione added. “I just didn’t realize how much it would hurt.”


“We should probably get out of here,” Harry said suddenly. “Who knows who is lurking around the corner to sell the latest news on us to the press.”


“This is a very secure building,” Hermione assured him as she stood up from the floor. Both Harry and Ginny just stared at her until realization hit. “Oh, yeah.”


“You should probably take the rest of the afternoon off,” Ginny suggested. “Why don’t you let Harry and I take Lily for the night, and you can catch up on your sleep.”


“Are you sure? I don’t want to be a burden on you two.”


“Hermione, while I don’t think that Lily should think of Harry as her father, you can always depend on us to help you when things get rough,” Ginny replied.


“As long as it’s not on any kind of special night,” Harry added with a wink. Ginny could tell that he was trying to lighten things up for Hermione’s sake.


Hermione forced a smile. “I think a nice long bath and a good night’s sleep would really do the trick.”


“Harry, you get Lily and go back with Hermione to her flat to pick up her things. I’ll meet you at your flat later,” Ginny said.


“Where are you going?” Harry asked.


“Back to the office, I have a few things I need to take care of.”


Harry nodded and gave her a quick goodbye kiss before re-entering the nursery with Hermione.


Ginny left the building and headed back into the Ministry. She had to talk to Ron and make sure he was okay, not just physically, but emotionally with all of the information he had just heard. She got off the lift and walked straight for Ron’s office. His door was shut, but she could see light coming through the bottom. She knocked, and when he didn’t answer, she pulled out her wand.


Alohomora.” The door opened and Ginny walked into the office. Ron was sitting at his desk, with his holding his head in his hands.


“Go away, Ginny.”


Ginny shut the door and performed the Locking and Silencing charms. “I’m not going anywhere until you talk to me.” She sat down on the empty chair and crossed her arms over her chest.


Ron finally looked up to her. His eyes were bloodshot, most likely from crying. The thought surprised Ginny; even after everything they went through in the war she never saw Ron cry. “I don’t want to talk about it,” he said. “I don’t care what you all do with your lives.”


“You have to be feeling something, Ron. That was a lot of information we just threw in your face.”


“You want to know what I’m feeling? I feel like the last year of my life was a huge lie; a big joke that everyone was playing on me!”


“Don’t talk to me about lies!” Ginny snapped, leaning forward in her chair. “What about my letters from Harry that you sent back?”


Ron’s face paled slightly. “How do you know about the letters?”


“Harry told me… You’re not exactly innocent in all of this.”


“I did what I thought was best!”


Anger flared inside of Ginny. “You sound just like Hermione! If you had just read the letters–let me read the letters–we could have figured all of this out sooner! You had no right to make decisions for me!”


“I was trying to protect you!”


“From what? Harry?”


“Yes! He would only hurt you!”


“He loves me!” Ron was silent at her last words and Ginny sank back into her chair. Tears of frustration were brimming in her eyes, and she didn’t know how much longer she could stand having a fight with Ron.


After a few moments Ron spoke up. “How long?”


Ginny sighed. “How long what?”


“How long have you been seeing Harry?”


“I don’t know… maybe since the second week in the house? It was a gradual process; we were at each other’s throats for awhile. But we started to clear the air, and I realized that my feelings for him never went away, they were just clouded by my anger.”


“And his feelings for you?”


“He loved me then, and he loves me now. Thinking that we hated him destroyed him, and he had to go through a lot of stuff to get where he is now.”


“What are you going to tell Dad?”


Ginny nervously bite her lip. “They all know,” she said quietly.


“Who are they?” Ron asked, his voice shaking.


“Dad, Charlie, Tonks, Fred, George…”


“Oh, is that it?” Ron asked sarcastically.


“About a dozen people at the Ministry who work with Harry know as well,” Ginny replied, her tone matching Ron’s.


Rom slammed his hands on the desk. “I bet you were all just talking about how stupid I was for not noticing all this time, weren’t you?”


“It wasn’t like that! I talked to Dad about it when I was confused, and I only told the others recently! They all told me I needed to tell you! They said they wouldn’t support our relationship as long as we were sneaking around behind your back.”


“Then why didn’t you tell me!”


“So you could yell at me and try to kill Harry?” Ginny asked. “I knew you would never listen to me until you knew the truth about Hermione; until you knew that Harry was innocent.”


“What do you want from me?” Ron asked quietly.


“To accept my relationship with Harry.”


“Things just can’t go back to the way they were, Ginny.”


“I know. I’m not asking you to try and be friends with Harry or Hermione again, but you have to accept that I love Harry and he’s going to be in my life for a very long time.”


“I can try.”


“That’s all I’m asking,” Ginny replied softly.


“Are you happy?”


“Happier than I’ve been in a very long time.”


“Okay… Then I won’t kill Harry.” Ron gave her an awkward smile and Ginny sensed that the conversation was over. She got up from her chair and released the charms on the door.


“Bye, Ron. I’ll see you tomorrow.”


Ron looked at her curiously. “Not tonight at the Burrow?”


Ginny chuckled. “There’s still a lot you don’t know, but this isn’t the time or place to try and explain.” She started to walk through the door before Ron stopped her.


“Ginny, wait!” Ron stood up from his desk and walked over to where she was standing. He enveloped her in a tight hug. “I love you, you know that, right?” he whispered in her ear.


“I do.”


“Good.” Ron released his grasp on her. “Bye then, Ginny.”


Ginny suddenly remembered something. “Oh! You can’t tell anyone about me and Harry; it’s a Ministry secret.” She waved goodbye and left Ron to wonder what in the world she was talking about.


Reviews 364
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear