Search:

SIYE Time:10:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Waiting
By LadyTory

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 68
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

This is the continuation of the promise that Ginny made Harry in the grass. He has fulfilled his side of the bargain, and now he has to wait for her to fulfill hers. The story will mostly be in the form of owls back and forth with occasional narrative. Sequel to Run Away, but you don’t really need to read that first. Fluff, fluff, fluff and more fluff! Cause Voldemort can’t stop the fluff!
Hitcount: Story Total: 14744; Chapter Total: 2790







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Two:

Dearest Beautiful Wonderful Ginny,

First off, I would like to thank you for gift wrapping my present. The thought of Dobby’s bare hands on your knickers might have scarred me for life! And I really don’t need that again!

My dreams were rather nice last night, Love. It has been a long time since I looked forward to going to sleep, or dreaming. It’s not so bad now. Most nights you are there in my dreams. The nightmares don’t happen every night now. I think that Dream Ginny is slowly kicking Nightmare Voldemort’s arse. He has no idea who he is up against! Dream Ginny is nice, but I miss you. I miss the way that your hands make mine feel big, the three freckles that are in a straight line on your right cheek, the way that you sing out loud to the Wizarding Wireless when you think that you are alone in the kitchen (you do a lovely job on that Weird Sisters number), and the way that look of yours (and yes it is one of my favorites, so far) makes me feel like I am starving and you are the only thing in the world that will fill me up. Are you smiling yet, sweet Ginevra? Are you nibbling on your lip? Just the thought of it is driving me mad.

Two weeks is too long, Love. If I go completely round the twist, will you come visit me in St. Mungo’s? Will you teach me joined up writing? Just don’t bring me any potted plants!

How are your classes, Love? You know, you are brilliant, that is one more of the reasons that I love you. I know that you will do well, and as much as I miss you, I am glad that you are finishing school. Of course, if you were to pull a Fred and George tomorrow and show up here, I won’t care one bit. Just teasing, Love. I think that your mother might make me care more than a little bit. And, no, I haven’t decided where we should run away to in June. I figured that we can talk about it over Christmas hols, between snogging sessions, of course.

Speaking of snogging session, exactly how big are the fitting rooms at Madame Malkin’s? Cause at this point that is sounding pretty good. I miss your mouth and the way that you taste. Like pumpkin juice and sugar quills. And, no, I don’t want anyone else to ever know that either.

I got another letter from the MoM today asking if I would consider going into Auror training. You know, Ginny, I really think that I have achieved all I can in the Defense Against the Dark Arts area. After this next year is over, I know that I will want to do something, but I really want to have a career where I can actually get better at what I do. I mean after getting rid of Voldemort is there really anywhere to go but down in the Defense arena?

Soooo, I was thinking. How would you like to be the wife of the Boy Who Lived turned Professional Quidditch Star? Do you think that I could make it in the leagues? I mean really after marrying you there will only be one goal that I haven’t accomplished. And as I am sure Ron would tell you, I am better than that slimy git Krum any day! Okay, Ron may be a little biased on that one. Did Hermione tell you that Krum is coming to the wedding? I almost fell out of my chair! I think that Ron is actually looking forward to Krum being there so he can rub his face in the fact that Hermione is marrying him over a World Cup Seeker.

Speaking of which, how is the Gryffindor team shaping up my dear sweet captain? Are you channeling Oliver Wood yet? You never played for him, but I am sure that Fred and George told you stories! Are you staying at Chaser or moving back over to Seeker now that I am gone?

It is so strange not being at Hogwarts now. I know that things aren’t the same anyway, but I still miss it. Not the Dark Lord trying to kill me on a regular basis part, but pretty much everything else. I miss the Quidditch, even practices. I miss how quiet the castle was at night. I miss finding you asleep in a chair in the common room. I love the way your hair and skin look in the firelight. I miss a lot, but mostly you.

I love you. You are my reason.

The Currently Unemployed Boy Who Loves You
Harry

P.S. Hermione wants a copy of my best man’s toast by the time we go for the fitting. I think that she can’t stand that I have no homework to do!



My Dearest Unemployed Boyfriend,

Hello, Love. I hope that you are having a lovely day lounging around as I am slaving away like a (dare I say it?) House Elf! I don’t know if you realize this, but even without the threat of impending death and destruction N.E.W.T. year is HARD! I seriously entertained the idea of getting a Quick Quotes Quill to write your letters, but then I realized that I would have to talk out loud to it and I doubt that the whole common room or the rest of the seventh year girls really want to hear my love sick ramblings. So you should be very appreciative of my efforts to keep my hand moving at this point! In other words, don’t tell anyone else how long your letters are because theirs are getting really short right now.

Being Quidditch captain is almost a welcome distraction. I am staying at Chaser. We are trying out new prospectives this Saturday. As next Saturday, I plan on being otherwise engaged with a handsome dark haired boy in a dressing room at Madam Malkin’s. Don’t tell my boyfriend; he might get jealous.

Oh, and next to being my boyfriend and vanquishing evil dark lords with misguided fantasies of world domination, I think Seeking is your greatest talent. I would say that you could pick your team Mr. Thanks-to-me-you-are-all-still-alive Potter. If you wanted to continue acting out of your generous nature, you could try to get on with the Canons. It would almost be like donating your talents to a charitable cause. And you could possibly work out a deal to make Ron your slave for life as a side benefit. Of course, I think that Hermione beat you to that one.

I can’t believe that she is making you write out your toast! I want before and after copies. I want to see what her corrections are. Oh, and if you can sneak the same of Ron’s vows I would have enough ammunition for a life time of sibling taunting. Ah, the power! Sorry, was entertaining my own evil fantasies there for a second.

Not the type of fantasies that you would like me to be entertaining? Did I actually hear you think that, or is it just that I know you too well? Hmmm, well, I will redirect my thoughts then. Oh, now this is better. Wouldn’t you like to know? How bout I show you one of these days?

Maybe you could just dream about it. I am afraid that dreams will have to do for now. You are in my dreams, too. Do I really taste like pumpkin juice and sugar quills? I miss your kisses. I wish that you were here. I am so tired from all this work, and all I want to do is sleep. But I wish that I could be in you arms while I did. We could curl up in your favorite chair in the common room and just stare into the fire until we fell asleep. Last night, when I came in from the library, that was the first place that I looked. It will take awhile, I think, before my mind stops looking for you. There are just too many places here that it thinks that you are supposed to be. It is almost like I feel lost for a second when I walk into the Great Hall for meals. A part of me says that you are supposed to be there saving me a seat. Oh, Harry I think that my heart is hurting. Can you check on it? Because it happens to be with you right now, and it always will be. I need to sleep love. At least I can be with you in my dreams.

I love you more than anything. You are my everything.

The Girl Who is Going Mad Missing the Boy Who Lived
Ginny


Ginny,
That’s it. I am not the “Greatest Wizard of this Generation” for nothing. The map will show you which knot to push on the Whomping Willow. Use a long branch or a brave first year. I will meet you in the Shrieking Shack after lunch on Sunday.
Love you,
Harry


Harry,
I love you. I’ll be there by one o’clock.
Yours only and always,
Ginny
Reviews 68
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear