Search:

SIYE Time:10:40 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Waiting
By LadyTory

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 68
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

This is the continuation of the promise that Ginny made Harry in the grass. He has fulfilled his side of the bargain, and now he has to wait for her to fulfill hers. The story will mostly be in the form of owls back and forth with occasional narrative. Sequel to Run Away, but you don’t really need to read that first. Fluff, fluff, fluff and more fluff! Cause Voldemort can’t stop the fluff!
Hitcount: Story Total: 14742; Chapter Total: 2783







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Three:

Harry Apparated to the Shrieking Shack about an hour and a half before Ginny was due to arrive. He hoped that she would not have any problems getting past the Whomping Willow. Sniggered to himself, Harry thought about the possible result if she had used his suggestion of a “brave first year.” He began Scourgifying every surface in sight. There were years of dust on the torn chairs and broken tables that littered the small rooms of the shack. Harry wanted to make the place as presentable as possible for Ginny. He knew that her N.E.W.T. year was hard on her even though she had only been through the first week. He had had so many distractions during his seventh year he was amazed that he had gotten the N.E.W.T.’s that he did. It was probably the force of nature that was Hermione that had kept him on task. He realized, looking back that Hermione was doing the only thing that she knew to help him keep his mind off of the “impending doom” as he, Ron and Hermione had termed it.

Harry looked around the shack; it had been awhile since he had been here. There was no need to use the shack when he had been at Hogwart’s; there had been an overabundance of broom cupboards and empty corridors. So it hadn’t been necessary, and it had been dangerous for him to leave the grounds. But here he was, trying to make the place that had harbored the changing of Lupin respectably clean, a place that was fit for his Ginny. She was his reason: the reason that he had decided to press on. Ginny was one of the reasons that made him choose the “right” choice, not the easy one. She was his best reason; his most dear reason. She was his future, he thought as he repaired the broken legs on a chair. He looked at the bed and waved his wand to reattach one of the legs. He smirked. There was no way that he would get to use that piece of furniture; at least not how he really wanted to. Ginny had been adamant about the reasons that they couldn’t. It had nothing to do with her love for him, and everything to do with her Weasley-ness. Ginny had told him that the inherent Weasley fertility was not to be trifled with, and Harry had respected and in all actuality feared it. There was no way that Harry would compromise Ginny before she was finished with school.

That had not stopped his dreams though. They kept going, always beyond where real life had stopped. And Harry reveled in those dreams. And from what Ginny had written in her letters, so did she. He stopped mid-spell and smiled. There was nothing that he wanted more that to share that with Ginny. He did desire that deep and total physical connection with her. It filled his dreams and shower fantasies. He wanted more than anything to take her and show her how completely he loved her. But he wanted her to come to him, without fear and without any reservation. Harry shook his head and continued his work: making at least one room fit for Ginny to sit in. She would be here in half an hour. He could almost taste her pumpkin-sugar kisses.
********


Ginny had forced herself to stay in the library and finish her Advanced Charms essay before she went down to the Great Hall for lunch. She blotted the last few lines and rolled up the several feet of parchment before stuffing it into her bag. With that done she could reasonably take the afternoon off and finish the two chapters she had to read for Advanced Potions after supper. She thought that it was odd, but without Harry here, she was actually able to be more disciplined in her studies. She smiled as she headed out of the library. It was easier to focus now that the threat of Voldemort and his minions hanging over their heads was gone, and Ginny wasn’t dropping everything to steal precious moments alone with her possibly doomed boyfriend.

Their moments now might still be stolen and guarded viciously, but the desperation was of a different nature. It was desperation to get to the future, not stave it off as long as wizardingly possible. That future Ginny thought of often. It was wide open, full of promise and full of Harry; a Harry that was free to be hers and only hers. His obligation to the Wizarding World had been fulfilled, even if the press and the Ministry didn’t seem to think so. Ginny smirked sarcastically as she thought of the incessant barrage of reporters that Harry now had to fend off. They weren’t as dangerous as Death Eaters, but they were possibly more annoying. She entered the Great Hall, and headed for the Gryffindor table. No, Harry still wasn’t there, but he was waiting for her in the Shrieking Shack.

Ginny walked past the group of first years and eyed them appraisingly, laughing on the inside as she did. A couple of the braver ones eyed her back and then they fell to their usual whispering. Ginny had gotten used to this type of reaction from the younger years. It was, after all, a well known fact that she was the girlfriend of the Twice-Famous Harry Potter. She was oddly thankful for Luna and her detached nature. Luna treated Ginny the same as she always had. It was a comfort. There was always Colin as well, who though he still seemed to idolize Harry a bit, had known them all long enough to tone it down to a mere friendly admiration.

Ginny ate quickly, not as quickly as Ron always did; her mother had tried to make Ginny into a lady from the start. She declined Colin’s offer of a game of Wizard’s Chess after lunch and told him that she wanted to take a walk and get some time alone. Well, time alone with her boyfriend, but she neglected to add that. Ginny took a long drink of pumpkin juice and got up from the table, forcing herself not to run from the Great Hall. Her deliberately measured steps carried her down the center aisle and then down toward the dungeon.

As the painting swung open, a House Elf arm held out a picnic basket, which Ginny took hurriedly. She turned and again focused on slowing her breathing and her steps as she made her way out onto the grounds. Getting away from the range of prying eyes, Ginny pulled out the map. It was rather amusing when she thought back on its story. Of course, no one knew exactly who Filch had confiscated it from to begin with, but Ginny thought to herself that Moony, Padfoot and Prongs would be proud to know that it had fallen into the hands of another Weasley; who was now using it to have a secret rendezvous with one of the said Marauders’ son. We do owe them so much; her thoughts mirrored those of her brothers when they had given Harry the map. She tapped the wand and proclaimed the now time honored oath. She nearly laughed out loud when she saw a small figured labeled “Future Mrs. Potter” appear walking toward the Whomping Willow. Ginny was going to have to have a chat with Harry and Remus about that one. Smiling, she noticed another figure appear “Hedwig” and looked up as the owl swooped down from the sky and straight to the trunk of the tree in front of her. Hedwig settled, neatly avoiding a couple of half-hearted slaps from the tree, on a large knot on the trunk. The tree froze and Ginny scrambled down the passage, after a cursory glance to make sure that no one had followed her.

Hands full, Ginny nearly tumbled down the steep entrance of the passage as she attempted to balance picnic basket, map and rucksack. Luckily for her, there was some one at the bottom to catch her.
Reviews 68
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear