Search:

SIYE Time:23:05 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Waiting
By LadyTory

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 68
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

This is the continuation of the promise that Ginny made Harry in the grass. He has fulfilled his side of the bargain, and now he has to wait for her to fulfill hers. The story will mostly be in the form of owls back and forth with occasional narrative. Sequel to Run Away, but you don’t really need to read that first. Fluff, fluff, fluff and more fluff! Cause Voldemort can’t stop the fluff!
Hitcount: Story Total: 14779; Chapter Total: 2815







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Five:

Dearest Future Mrs. Potter,

Hello, Love. Well your mum has not received any owls from Hogwarts, so I am assuming that you didn’t get caught sneaking out of the castle to have a secret rendezvous with your boyfriend. Lucky man, he is! Of course it was probably one of the few times that a parent actually knew that a student was sneaking out of the castle before the student did. I am amazed that she didn’t think that we needed a chaperone. Either she trusts us or she is already picking out names for our first child. Should I ask her if she has any suggestions? Or do you think that would just get me a rolling pin to the head? Just teasing, Love. I don’t want your mum to die of shock, I rather like her and she feeds me so well.

I forgot to thank you for bringing me lunch yesterday. I am glad that you know me well enough to realize that I had been too excited to stop and eat before I came. Tell Dobby thank you for me, he did a wonderful job on that treacle tart. I am going to ask your mum if she can knit him an official Weasley jumper. He will be in raptures don’t you think?

It really was a perfect afternoon. Well, aside from the dust and boarded up windows. I like the thought of you lying in my arms on a Sunday afternoon. Can we do that always, well after you get finished with school anyway? You fit so perfectly there. It seems only right that you be there on a regular basis.

Oh, got an owl back from Moony re: our name changes on the map. It seems that Sirius tweaked the magic on the map to take the mickey out of my dad because he fancied my mum. Mooney guesses that the spell just transferred over to us when I realized how I felt about you. I mean I know that we aren’t “officially engaged” and all, but I was hoping that at this stage that was more of a formality. It is, isn’t it? Cause I can’t imagine my life with anyone else but you, Ginevra. I want to spend all my Sunday afternoons with you, and every other day possible. (Oh, nights too, best not think on that too long, I am at the kitchen table and your mum is by the stove.) Four and a half days until I get to see you again.

One thing I missed going to the Shrieking Shack with you was the way that the sun looks in your hair. I love the way you look in the sun. Your hair is blazing, like you are on fire, but never burning out. It reminds me of Fawkes. Not just the way that you look, but the way that you make me feel; like my heart will swell to bursting. Can we get married in the afternoon sun? That is how I want to see you forever in my mind when I think back on the day you married me: a fire that will never die and my heart full to bursting.

Speaking of weddings, I have enclosed my first draft of the best man’s toast, well the one that I gave to Hermione anyway. (Insert Fred and George type laughter here.) That poor girl really is mad. I know that it has got to be hard trying to sort out a wizarding wedding when half the people on the guest list are Muggles, but still. I would have thought that Ron would be taking this a bit harder, but he says as long as she still lets him go on the honeymoon, he will put up with anything. I suppose I can’t blame him there. He has been doing his best to help with the details, but I have decided that I will only be following direct orders from the bride-to-be. I figure I have less chance of getting in trouble that way. Speaking of trouble, tell me again about those dressing rooms at Madame Malkin’s.

The Boy Who Wants to Marry You,

Harry



Dear Future Mr. Weasley-Potter.

Sir, I am a busy woman. I do not have time to indulge in fantasies about snogging my boyfriend/intended husband in the dressing rooms of robe makers, but hey, I make time! (Did I get one over on you there??) History of Magic is rather handy for one thing at least, and breakfast and lunch and dinner (Colin and Dennis say hi again by the way, go ahead roll those beautiful green eyes of yours). Where was I? Oh, yes and when I am laying in bed at night, as I fall asleep. Are you sure you aren’t using all that Occlumency/Legimency training to put all these lovely and deliciously wicked thoughts into my mind?? Well if you are, don’t stop.

Thanks so much for not trying to kill my mum. I rather like her as well, most of the time. Although, I quite imagine that she is itching to see if I can’t produce at least one granddaughter for her to spoil. Ask her what she thinks of Lily for a girl. No don’t! I like your face the way it is. (Yes scar and all, boys with scars are sexy you know.) And tell Moony thanks so much. I guess it is true what they say: old Marauders never die, they just keep haunting pieces of parchment in hopes of torturing the next generation. No offense to our dear Padfoot and Prongs, love. I am sure that they would be very proud of the fact that you have decided to marry such a lovely and talented witch. (Even if you haven’t officially asked her yet.)

As for that toast that you wrote, that was very sweet, sincere and touching. Now send me the real one! And please do include the Polyjuice incident, because if Snape is in attendance I think that it would be lovely to see him fume about not being able to retroactively deduct house points!! Speaking of those who are a bit sorry you made it through, I ducked into the second floor loo yesterday. I think that Myrtle has finally come to terms with the fact that you are going to live a long and happy life. She told me that she has her eye on a rather reckless third year.

Quidditch is going well, since you asked! I think that I may get this team into shape before the first game after all. I don’t know about the House Cup, though. That may just be too much to ask of a rookie year Keeper and Seeker. But, I want to leave them in the shape to win next year if I can’t manage the House Cup this year. Of course, throwing Quidditch on top of NEWT’s is maddening. I can not believe that you did so much last year. You truly are amazing, Love. Oh and don’t blush at that because you are. Not so much in a Boy-Who-Lived kind of way, more in a my-Harry kind of way.

Hmmmm, yes I think that I should be able to clear all my Sunday afternoons for you dear. There is no better way to spend them. I know that you love the way that I fit into your arms, but I need to say something. Thank you, Harry. Thank you for letting me hold you some of the time. Thank you for allowing me in, all those times that you finally let down your guard and let me comfort you. Thank you for seeing my strength, and feeling safe enough to lean on me once in awhile. Thank you for never treating me like the witch behind the wizard. I have always know that you wanted me beside you, not behind you. That is why ‘we’ work Harry, because it is ‘we.’ Thank you for that.

Oh, Love, I am getting sleepy. Damn, Snape and his Potions essays! I am afraid that I must leave your letter and get to my dreams of you. I hope that you are dreaming of me. Cause you really should be asleep at this hour. No self-respecting unemployed wizard would be up this late!

The Girl Who Would Say Yes (if you ever actually asked her)

Ginny

P.S. Please do not ever mention my brother on his honeymoon again; one of us being scarred for life is definitely enough!

P.P.S. We may need to put a Silencing Charm on that mirror in the dressing room. They tend to be rather chatty.
Reviews 68
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear