Search:

SIYE Time:8:05 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Sometimes Dreams Do Come True
By Professor Scroll

- Text Size +

Category: Dream Adventure Challenge (2005-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 34
Summary: Harry and the gang are on the Hogwarts Express. Bored, they fill the afternoon with dreams.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4541





Author's Notes:
A/N: For now I'm saying this is complete, but in the back of my mind I'm working on what they will all see in the Mirror Of Erised. Thanks for reading. Please leave a review. P. Scroll Disclaimer: This world and its characters are from the amazing JKR. I am only borrowing them.




ChapterPrinter


Sometimes Dreams Do Come True



The clackity-clack of the steel wheels rolling quickly along the rails was soporific, especially after a large lunch of snacks purchased off the trolley. Almost everyone in the compartment was taking a nap. The only one awake was Ginny Weasley. She was watching her boyfriend sleep. It was such a rare experience to see him let down his guard anywhere but at Hogwarts or the Burrow. Whatever it was that Professor Dumbledore had told him right before Harry had boarded the Hogwarts Express must have eased his mind.

For the past two weeks, he had been wrestling with his feelings about returning to Privet Drive and his awful relatives. They were the meanest, rudest, nastiest people that Ginny had ever had the misfortune to meet. Their dislike for Harry and distaste of the Wizarding world and all things magical, always caused difficulties for Harry over the summer. She hated it, when he had to spend time with them.

Life for him in their home was depressing. Although it was getting better, it would never be good. After his First year, they had moved him out of the cupboard under the stairs into his cousin’s second bedroom, the room where Dudley stored all of his broken or unwanted toys. His uncle had even gone as far as to put bars on his window, and he padlocked Harry inside whenever he felt like it. Sometimes for days on end, they only let him out morning and night to use the loo, even going so far as to push his cold food through the cat door that they had installed for that very purpose.

His messy black hair fell across his forehead, covering the scar and she couldn’t stop herself from running her fingers through the silky strands. It still felt so strange to be able to give in to the impulse, that she smiled from the sheer joy of being able to touch him.

Ginny was wishing with all her might that this summer would be different. This holiday, her Mum would win the battle of wills with Professor Dumbledore and Harry would come straight home with them. That circumstance wouldn’t separate them for weeks. Not just for herself, but, it would mean that Harry wouldn’t be cut off from those he loved and who loved him in return.

The arm that Harry had wrapped around her tightened and looking up at him, she saw that he was awake. Reading the message in his brilliant green eyes, she began to kiss him. Sitting side by side on the train’s hard bench seat was not conducive to snogging, so Harry lifted her onto his lap, and they spent a few pleasurable moments lost in each other. He sighed and they kissed again. “What a wonderful way to wake up.”

Smiling, she drew his head down for more. “I agree. I could get used to this.”

Harry’s arms tightened. His almond shaped emerald eyes filled with love as he gazed into her glowing honey brown eyes. She was floundering with emotion, when he whispered, “If I could wake up beside you every day for the rest of my life, each time would be perfect.”

Tears filled her eyes. She felt the same way, but Harry had always been careful not to talk about their future. They hadn’t made any plans. Harry was trying to stay focused on his immediate task, which was defeating Voldemort. “Me too, Harry,” she whispered. “There is nothing that I would like more.” There was something strange happening! As she spoke, it felt as if her life had just changed, that what they were saying went deeper than the words, that they had sealed a magical commitment. She felt a deeper connection to Harry that hadn’t been there before.

Harry nodded gravely, as if they had just settled something momentous. “Knowing that you feel the same way means a lot to me. You don’t know how long I’ve been dreaming about this.”

“What are you saying, Harry?” asked Ginny. “I don’t want any misunderstandings about this.” She watched as his eyes darkened. He was asking her to spend the rest of their lives together. The message in them was clear. They were giving her heart the answer that she longed to hear. Ginny closed the gap between them and sighed as he kissed her.

The sleeping students were beginning to stir. “Now that everyone’s awake, how about some Exploding Snap?” asked Ron loudly.

Ginny closed her eyes in exasperation and groaned softly. Grinning, Harry said, “We’ll talk about this at the Burrow.” After another quick kiss, Harry set her back on the seat and turned towards Ron and Hermione. “There are too many people for Exploding Snap. Why don’t we just talk?”

Ron groaned. “That’s so boring! There’s nothing to talk about.”

“We could discuss what lessons we are planning to take next term,” said Hermione. She was always eager to talk about a new course of study.

More than one person groaned and shouted ‘no’ at that. Shaking his head, Ron pulled her hands away from her schoolbag. “No, Hermione. We just finished last term. No one but you is interested in next term.”

“Why don’t we talk about what everyone would like to do over the holiday?” asked Ginny.

This suggestion was met with some excitement. “Oh, that sounds like fun,” squealed Lavender, while Luna looked bored and raised The Quibbler in front of her face.

Ron rolled his eyes, but at the same time, he gave Hermione a long questioning look. Hermione grinned back. “Anything?” she asked.

“Anything! C’mon, this could be fun. What would you do if money, knowledge or skill was not an issue?” The compartment fell quiet as everyone began to daydream. Ginny glanced around excitedly, before turning to Harry. His eyes were searching her face. She smiled at him. “You too, Harry. I want to know what you’d like to do this summer.”

“I think that I already answered that question.” His hand rose to rest upon her cheek, as she blushed at the implied intimacy. Endearingly, he said softly, “I don’t want to repeat it for everyone else to hear.”

Sighing, Ginny turned her head and kissed his palm. “Yes, well, then choose something else. We’ll talk about your first idea later.”

“Hey you two, save that for another time.” By the twinkle in his eye, Ron was teasing as Hermione shushed him. He had been instrumental in bringing she and Harry together, so Ginny knew that he didn’t mean anything by it. Both she and Harry grinned cheekily back.

“Okay! Who would like to go first?” asked Ginny.

“I think that you should. It was your idea,” said Hermione. “Then we could just go around the compartment.”

Ginny nodded. She looked around at her friends and tried to think of something to say. Her greatest wish had already come true. For the last five years she had dreamed that Harry would notice her as more than a friend or worse, Ron’s little sister. The night that he had told her how he felt was a night she would never forget. Harry had been so flustered and tongue-tied that she had just stopped his stuttering words with her mouth. The rest, as they say, was history. Her eyes locked with his, and she knew. “Ever since Ron wrote home about seeing himself in the Mirror of Erised, I have wanted to know what I would see. For him, it was his Seventh year at Hogwarts. He was Headboy and saw himself as Captain of the team holding the Quidditch Cup.” Ron was grinning sheepishly, as a Weasley blush turned his ears crimson. “At the time, he thought it was depicting the future, but since then, we have found out that it shows your deepest desire. That was what Ron wanted most, at the time. What I would like to do if I could do anything in the world is to stand in front of the mirror and find out whether I truly understand what my heart’s desire is.” She smiled at Harry. “I think that I’ve found my future. But I would love to have it confirmed.”

Harry smiled back. He had been much more open about his feelings since realising his love for Ginny. “I remember sitting in front of it every night for three nights. It was the first time I ever saw my parents. My Dad would smile and ruffle my hair, while my Mum would rest her hand on my shoulder. I imagined I could feel the weight of their hands. It was the greatest feeling. At the time, it was the closest thing to feeling a parent’s love that I had ever experienced. Professor Dumbledore caught me out of bed the last night. He told me that a person could go mad staring into the mirror instead of living their lives. I asked him what he would see, and he smiled and said that he would see himself holding warm socks. Then, he told me that he would be having the Mirror of Erised moved. I doubt if he’ll tell us where it is,” said Harry.

“It wouldn’t hurt to ask!” said Hermione. “I think this is a great idea. If he would give his permission, this would be an easy dream to fulfill. What do you think? Should I owl him? We could all have a go. Wouldn’t you like to see if your desires had changed?”

“Not me,” said Ron. “I liked what I saw!”

Hermione turned and glared at him. “This isn’t your dream. This is important to Ginny.”

Not wanting them to begin fighting, Ginny said, “Hey, let’s move on. Lavender, you’re next!”

“If I could do anything and money was no object, I would like to go to the shops and purchase a complete new wardrobe. I can’t wait until after next year when I can throw away all my Hogwarts uniforms.” Her eyes went all dreamy. One hand skimmed down her robe as if she were feeling something soft and silky, as she continued. “First, I would buy some of the sheerest lace undergarments and they would do wonders for my figure.”

Seamus was ogling her, while Ron blushed again. “Oh Ron, grow up!” Hermione said. As she stared at Lavender in amazement, Luna snorted behind the magazine that she kept in front of her face.

“After that, still wearing a matching set I’d begin to try on casual wear - shorts, trousers and all kinds of assorted tops. You can never have enough, so I would buy a few halters, t-shirts, button-up blouses, and even slinky cropped tops for wearing to the clubs.” She sighed. “Then, I would move on to dresses. There are so many styles. I would want strapless sun dresses so that I wouldn’t have any tan lines, with flirty little short skirts that moved when I walked. I would need some everyday ones in bright colours, for wearing under my robes.” Closing her eyes, she leaned her head back against the seat, and smiled.

Believing her to be finished, Ginny asked, “Seamus?”

“Wait, I’m not through,” said Lavender. “Finally, I would buy some formals. Long elegant slim fitting dresses, at least one of them in black and maybe a midnight blue one. A pink ball gown with yards of material that would make me look like a princess would be last. After the store wrapped up all the packages, I would go to a shoe store and purchase dozens of pairs of shoes in assorted styles and colours, and handbags. Finally, because, your look is not complete without jewellery, I would have to visit a jewellery store next, where I would buy gold and silver chains, some dripping with diamonds or sapphires. Maybe, some dainty ruby earrings that came with a single ruby on a long necklace.” Lavender sighed. “I could shop all summer and never be tired of doing it.”

“Thanks,” Hermione said. No one else in the compartment seemed to be able to speak after that display of narcissism. “Seamus?”

Seamus was still staring at Lavender with a bemused expression. He was drooling almost as much as Fang chewing on a large dragon steak. “I want to go with Lavender and watch her model everything.” Waggling his eyebrows suggestively, he winked. “And, I do mean everything. You didn’t say anything about a swimsuit. I pictured you in a bikini. It was red. A Weasley hair red. You looked magnificent in it.”

“Thank you, you say the nicest things,” Lavender said, before bestowing a kiss on his waiting lips.

Still hiding behind the Quibbler, Luna said, “Interesting, Seamus. I like Weasley red, but not in a bikini.” She had turned the magazine upside down, and Ginny had thought that she was completely ignoring them. “There are so many other uses of my time that I don’t go shopping.”

Lavender and Seamus glared at her, before standing and leaving the compartment in a huff. Ginny was sure that it was just an excuse to find somewhere more private so that they could snog.

When the latch on the sliding door shut with a snap, Luna continued, “I’m going to work on The Quibbler this summer. My father said that I could have my own by-line. I always wanted to see my name in print. I don’t know what story he is going to assign me, but I hope that it has something to do with his new discovery. Did I tell you that we travelled to Antarctica and trekked to the South Pole over the Christmas holiday? It was so eerie standing directly on top of the pole. I think the South Pole is where all magic originates from. My wand wouldn’t even work. However, if I moved a step in either direction it worked normally. I would love to write a paper on my findings.”

“Wow! Luna, why didn’t you tell me any of this before? I could have been researching this all year. I’m sure that there is another explanation, one that seems more reasonable.” Hermione was breathing rapidly, her eyes flitting to her schoolbag. Ginny could see her fingers curl around an imaginary quill. “I have never read anything about that phenomenon before. I wish we were still at Hogwarts. I don’t have the proper books at home to research this accurately. If I give you the money, will you send me a copy of the Quibbler when your article is published?”

Seeing her reaction, Ron grabbed her hands before she could reach for her bag. “No, Hermione. You are not going to start now. We are on holiday. Now breathe and calm down. Neville, what would you like to do?”

Neville shrugged. He wasn’t nearly as timid as he had been the first year or so at Hogwarts, but he certainly looked nervous now. “I don’t know, I dream of making my Gran as proud of me as she is of my Dad.”

“Oh Neville.” Ginny jumped up and rushed over to sit beside him and hug him. He was one of the sweetest boys she knew, and she wished that something nice would happen to him. All year she had hoped that he would find a witch that would love him and respect him for the caring, considerate wizard that he was. “I’m sure that your Gran is proud of you.”

Shaking his head, he hugged her back. “She is forever comparing us and I never match up. How will I ever. He and my Mum were both Aurors. I could never do what he did. I would rather be growing something than fighting, but I try so hard to be the person she wants. I don’t know what else I can do.”

Harry stood and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Neville, you can only be the person you were meant to be. Your Gran needs to stop comparing you. Who knows what your Mum and Dad would have been doing now, it they hadn’t been tortured so.”

“I’m sure that they would be doing something grand. My Gran says that he was a wonderful person.”

“I’m sure he was. I think that you’re a wonderful person as well. You are a steadfast friend, and magically you have matured so much. The time you spent in the DA proves that, to say nothing of our trip to the Ministry. Without your help, I wouldn’t be here right now. We both know that. You saved my life that night. Have you told her everything that you did at the Ministry?” Neville shook his head, his embarrassment evident. “Well, you should. She might see you in a different light.” Harry stepped back and sat down.

Neville gave Ginny one last hug and kissed her cheek, before nervously glancing at Harry, who just grinned good-naturedly back. Ginny knew that he trusted her implicitly. He wasn’t a jealous idiot like Michael was. She returned to her seat and nodded encouragement for Neville to continue. Swallowing hard, he swiped his hand across his cheeks and then through his hair. “I guess that is really everything. My dream is simply to make my Gran proud of me.” Embarrassed he got up. “I need to - ” and he quickly left. Ginny vowed to talk with Harry, Hermione and Ron. Together they should be able to compose and send Mrs Longbottom a letter explaining the way that they saw him, and telling her about his dreams.

“I think that someone should go check on him,” said Luna. For once, the Quibbler rested in her lap, forgotten, as she looked worriedly after a retreating Neville. “I’ll go. You haven’t finished telling about your dream holidays and I know that Ginny will want to be here for Harry’s. See you later.”

“Is it my turn?” Ron grinned at Hermione. “This is going to sound silly to everyone but Hermione. I know that I gave you a hard time before the Christmas holidays in our Fifth year. You were going on and on about taking a trip to Switzerland and skiing with your parents. I was jealous because they were going to be able to spend the holiday with you and I wasn’t.”

“But Ron! You said - ”

“I know what I said, Hermione. That’s in the past. If I could do anything over the holiday, I would like to spend it with you and your parents skiing. You made it sound so silly, but millions of Muggles do it every year. I’ve been thinking that if they could ski, then I certainly can. Muggles are crazy, we all know that - but they enjoy it. Just thinking of all that snow and not being able to cast a Warming Charm, makes me cold, but that’s the fun of it. You would have to keep me warm, so it has its compensations.”

Harry grinned. “Sorry, mate, but I can’t see you skiing.”

“I would do anything for Hermione, even ski. Hermione showed me pictures and they wear these skintight clothes in really bright colours. Everyone has these huge goggles on their eyes. The boots look heavy. They’re not stylish at all, and Hermione said that they are designed to support your ankles so that it’s hard to walk in them.” Ron stood up and clomped across the compartment without flexing his ankles. It was really quite hilarious. “Then you tie yourself to two long thin sticks, put gloves on and hold two canes, except they are made of metal and have dangerous points on the end. After all that, you walk sideways over to a ski chair - ”

“Ski lift!” corrected Hermione.

“Yeah, ski lift. That’s a chair that’s moving constantly. You stand in front of it, it hits you in the back of the leg, making you sit down and it carries you up the mountain. At the top, you jump off while it's still moving and shift out of the way in a hurry so that the next person can get off.” Looking at Hermione, he smirked. “And you said that Wizard's Chess was barbaric. This sounds positively crazy. No wonder most Wizards look on Muggles as silly young children.” Smiling, he glanced at his friends who were laughing in delight at Hermione's expression. Dismay and laughter were fighting for control of her features. “The fun doesn’t end there. No! Now that you are on the top of the mountain, you have to get down. Sidestepping or sliding to the edge of the path, you start skiing, that means sliding on the long sticks, down the mountain. The Muggles have left trees and rocks in your path so you have to turn and miss them, while speeding uncontrollably down the hill.” Ron was still standing, but now he was crouched like the picture of the man skiing. His knees were together and he was leaning from side to side, his arms flailing as he pretended to evade obstacles in his path. When he reached the imaginary bottom, he wiped his brow, and said, “Whew! That was exciting.”

Harry and Ginny were laughing so hard that they were almost falling off the seat. Ginny had tears streaming down her face, and the only reason she wasn’t prostrate in the aisle was that Harry was hanging on to her. “Ron, that’s priceless.”

“I would do anything for Hermione. If that’s what she wants to do, then I will learn how to ski.”

Hermione threw herself into his arms and kissed him. “Ron, I love you. But you don’t have to learn to ski to make me happy.”

“I don’t? You said that you loved it.”

“Are you kidding? I was soaked to the bone. Frozen clear through, all I ever did was fall down. I never got off the bunny hill. I hated it! I was just teasing you because you were making such a big deal about it. I was trying to get you to realise that I meant something to you. To make you jealous, even if it was over a sport.”

“I was jealous. I was afraid that you would find some good looking wizard that liked to ski as much as you did.” Ron leaned over and kissed her softly. “I meant what I said, I would do anything for you.”

Neither of them was paying any attention to the other two occupants. Ginny caught Harry’s glance and she rolled her eyes. They were used to this, it happened quite often when it was just the four of them. Before she and Harry became a couple, it was embarrassing; afterwards, it just gave them time to snog as well. However, they were almost to the station and Ginny wanted to hear both Hermione’s and Harry’s ideas. “Ron — Hermione — now is not the time.” They groaned. “Sorry, but we’re almost to the station. Hermione, what is your holiday dream?”

“Well, it wouldn’t be skiing. If I had unlimited time, I would spend the entire holiday in Hogwarts’ library. Do you know that it is the largest library in the Wizarding world? I would start on the bookcase next to the entrance and read my way through. It wouldn’t matter how long it took. I would be happy if it took me the rest of my life. I think that no one can ever have enough knowledge.”

“Where does that leave me?” asked Ron.

“You would be right beside me.”

Ron was already shaking his head and scowling. “Hermione, you know my limitations. Spending days on end in the library is one of them. I just wouldn’t be able to do it. I would support you in fulfilling your dream, but I’m afraid that I would distract you from your reading.”

“You’re right, you are a huge distraction,” she said. Grinning, she kissed his cheek. “But I would want you there every time I needed a break. You keep me balanced. You have shown me that there is something valuable that I can’t find in books. Love and the ability to enjoy myself and have fun, are what you’ve added to my life. They will always be more important than musty old books. However, that doesn’t change my dream of reading the entire library, it just gives me balance. Thank you, Ron.”

“That brings us to you, Harry.” Ginny was looking at him earnestly. She hoped that she would be able to help him fulfill his dream. He had so much on his shoulders and he never asked them for anything. She felt that it was because of being raised by his Aunt and Uncle. Even if he had asked for something, she was positive that they wouldn’t have given it to him. The way they treated him, they would probably go out of their way to make sure he never got it. “If you could do anything, what would it be?”


Staring at her, Harry lifted their joined hands and kissed the back of hers, reminding her of their talk earlier. Her eyes widened. Harry surely wouldn’t mention that in front of Ron and Hermione. Harry grinned when he saw her reaction. “If I could do anything in the world, I think that I would like to walk down Diagon Alley with Ginny. Just a bloke and his date.”

“Harry, you could do that anytime. Well, anytime after You Know Who is defeated. That’s not a proper dream,” said Ron.

“You didn’t let me finish. I would like to go on a normal date with Ginny and not have anyone recognise me. No one would gawk at my scar. I wouldn’t get preferential treatment. The Daily Prophet wouldn’t send a reporter or photographer around to take a picture. No one would accost us in any way. We would enter the Leaky Cauldron, and Tom would say, ‘Good evening, Mr Potter, Miss Weasley,’ not because I was famous for being The Boy Who Lived, but because that is how he greets all of his patrons. I would nod back and together we would walk through the pub. Everyone would continue chatting. No one would pay us any attention. We would walk out the back door and I would hit the appropriate bricks. The entrance would open and all the treasures of Diagon Alley would be before us.”

Ginny was crying, while Harry continued, “We would nod at a few friends, maybe stop and chat for a short while, before strolling to Quality Quidditch Supplies, where we would check out the latest brooms. Because we both play on the house team and should have the same quality broom, I would have to buy Ginny a Firebolt.”

“No, you don’t, Harry.” Ginny cupped his cheek with her hand. “I don’t need you to buy me things.”

Harry took her hand and kissed the palm before going on. “This is my dream, Ginny. Not yours! If I want to shower you with gifts then I can. From there, we would stop in at Madam Malkin’s and we would order new matching formal robes. I was thinking a deep green.” Reaching out, he threaded his fingers into her curls. Mesmerized by the way the tresses embraced his fingers, he watched for a moment. “Green would be spectacular with your red hair. While we waited for Madam Malkin to do any alterations, we would sit at Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour and eat banana splits. After picking up the robes, we would visit the Magical Menagerie so that you could choose a pet of your own. I think that a visit to Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes would be our last stop. We could hang out with the Twins and Lee until dinnertime. Then we could borrow their flat to shower and change, before walking back to The Three Broomsticks for a candlelight dinner in one of their private dining rooms. Taking our time, we would eat all of your favourite foods, ending with chocolate cake. The evening would take many hours because we would dance between each course. Later, we would Floo home to the Burrow, where we would sit in the family room watching the flames in the grate, while we snogged and talked about our future.” Harry was looking earnestly at Ginny. With his hair mussed, his heart shining from his expressive emerald eyes, his mouth turned up in a shy smile and his dimples winking at her, Ginny melted. What else would any girl want? This gentle man was everything that she could ever want or need. “That is my greatest wish. A day spent with you. Without Voldemort, his Death Eaters, or my scar. Just you and me, Ginny, having a very normal outing at Diagon Alley.”

“Oh, Sweet Merlin, Harry!” Ginny said, as she burrowed into his arms. This was where she belonged! Home was within the circle of Harry’s arms. She was crying and shaking, but Harry was so used to her ability to express her feelings that it didn’t even faze him anymore. He just held her close and stroked her hair, while pressing tender little kisses on her brow. After gaining a little control over her emotions, Ginny lifted her head and knowing that Ron and Hermione would ignore them, Harry used the opportunity to snog. Hadn’t the other couple just been doing the same thing?

When she had calmed down a little, she looked at her best friend and brother and noticed Hermione trying to get her attention. Receiving the message, she nodded. Wiping the tears from her face, she said, “I need to find a washroom. I’m sure that I’m a mess. Would you like to come with me, Hermione?”

Harry kissed her softly. “You always look beautiful to me,” he whispered.

She smiled tremulously at him as she stood and walked to the door behind Hermione. “We’ll be right back.” Entering the aisle, Ginny closed the door and hugged her. “Sorry, I’ve never heard Harry talk like that before. I guess we got carried away.”

Hermione said, “Don’t worry about it. It was beautiful. I think that we should try to fulfill some of these dreams. Don’t you agree?”

“Yes. I was hoping that we were thinking the same thing. We could owl Neville’s Grandmother and tell her how he feels.”

“I’ve thought of that. I think if we get Harry to tell her how much better Neville is at doing Magic now, that it might help.”

“I agree. Luna will be all right. I can’t wait to read the article. Lavender and Seamus’ dream I wouldn’t touch with a ten-foot broomstick. What about Ron’s dream of going skiing, Hermione? Is there any way we could go?”

“Not during the summer. If we could get enough protection, maybe Professor Dumbledore would let us go next Christmas. Who would expect to find us on the slopes skiing? I doubt that we would see Voldemort there. I could talk to my Mum and Dad and see if they would make reservations.”

“That would be brilliant. I feel like a Fairy Godmother.” Giggling, Ginny pushed open the door of the girl’s bathroom. “That only leaves us with two more.”

“Three! Who were you leaving out?” Hermione asked.

“From what Harry said, I didn’t think that Professor Dumbledore would let me look in the Mirror of Erised, so I was discounting mine.”

Hermione was shaking her head. “If I’m going to ask the Headmaster to let me read all the books in the library this summer, I think that we can ask him about a silly old mirror. Don’t you?”

“Okay. Unfortunately, I don’t see any way to grant Harry’s wish. Do you?”

“I have great respect for Madam Pomfrey. I think that she can help us. Healers must have all kinds of spells to hide hideous scars. Not that Harry’s is hideous, except in his mind. I don’t even notice anymore, do you?”

“No. Most of the time, his eyes or his smiles mesmerizes me. To me he’s perfect.” After washing their faces and hands, they left to return to the compartment.

“As his girlfriend, I would expect you to say that. However, hiding his scar is only half the dream. He wants to be treated normally. With or without the scar, everyone will still recognise him and treat him differentially. I’m not sure how to get past that.”

“Why don’t we talk to Madam Pomfrey and then Professor McGonagall? Maybe she could Transfigure him for the day.”

“That wouldn’t work, you would still be you, and if anyone saw you out with someone besides Harry, it would cause a lot of gossip. Maybe a Dissolution Charm would work? I hope that we can do this. As far as I’m concerned, I think that Harry is the most deserving for a Fairy Godmother to help.”

By the time the two girls returned to the compartment, the Hogwarts Express was pulling in to King’s Cross Station. The excited students gathered their belonging and disembarked. Harry seemed quite excited, but Ginny was dragging her feet. In a few minutes, Harry would be leaving to go to his relatives. She didn’t know when he would be allowed to come to the Burrow, but she already missed him. Poor Pig was going to be quite busy this summer until Harry arrived.

Ever since they had discovered their mutual attraction, they had been almost inseparable. There hadn’t been an evening without a goodnight kiss or a morning without its twin. What was she going to do? She felt as if her heart was being ripped out. This was so unfair. They could protect him, his relatives couldn’t and wouldn’t. Her Mum loved him as a son, and his relatives hated him. He was lonely at their house, but masses of people that cared for him would surround him at the Burrow.

She caught up with him, just as her Mum smothered him in one of her famous hugs. He hugged her back, grinning and then she turned to Ginny. “Why so glum, honey.”

“I already miss Harry.” Ginny began to cry. “What did Professor Dumbledore say? How long does he have to stay at his relatives?”

“Why don’t we all go outside? Come along, Harry. Walk with us. I don’t see your Uncle, do you?”

An arm around Ginny, Harry smiled. “No, I don’t see him either.”

They followed in Mrs Weasley’s wake through the station. Fred and George had met them as well, so there was quite an entourage. With her Mum in front, followed closely by Ron and Hermione, then she and Harry, all four of them pushing laden carts piled high with their Hogwarts gear, topped by two owls and Crookshanks, that left Fred and George bringing up the rear. Molly, Fred and George all had their hands inside their jackets and she was sure that they were holding on to their wands.

When they reached the street, there was a Ministry car and driver waiting. Turning to look around her, Molly motioned the students to climb inside. Shutting the car door, the driver, Fred and George then stowed their baggage. After making sure the driver and Molly had climbed into the front seat safely and the car began to move away, the Twins Disapparated.

Molly turned and said, “Sorry, Ginny. I couldn’t say anything on the platform. That was part of the security. The answer to your question is... Now! Today! Harry isn’t going to his uncle’s this summer. Professor Dumbledore has finally agreed that Harry is better off with us.”

Ginny sat forward and kissed her Mum’s cheek. Her Mum winked at her before turning to stare out of the window. Ginny hurled herself into Harry’s loving embrace and pulled his head down for a kiss. They would have the entire holiday to spend together, which would make another dream come true.



Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear