Search:

SIYE Time:15:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Memories
By TaintedSerenity

- Text Size +

Category: Dream Adventure Challenge (2005-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Angst, Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 15
Summary: "By hope and fear. A forever in an ocean, a destiny so defined. But now you, all nightmares left in dusty daydreams."-Joel Rashotte... Harry slips into memories of his past on a train ride home from a heart breaking reunion
Hitcount: Story Total: 3389







ChapterPrinter


The Castle loomed eerily on its perch at the apex of the lake, its unique contours fading into the distance. Harry looked away from the window, sighing with sadness. He looked to his beautiful red haired wife, who sat in the seat and sobbed uncontrollably.

“Hon. Beauty, I don’t know how to make you feel better. It’s killing me to see you like this,” Harry said to Ginny and the train’s wheels rolled along noisily. Ginny looked at Harry, her big blue eyes brimming with unspent tears.

“I-I just can’t help it Harry. I mean…Oh dear God! Harry what do I do?” Ginny asked. Harry was controlling his emotions. He had to be strong for Gin right now because he was the only strong hold she had left.

Harry understood her pain though. He sat in a daze, past memories flashing in front of his eyes. At one point, the car seemed almost to brighten and he and Ginny were sixteen and fifteen again. Neville and Luna sat next to Ginny, laughing over something Luna had just said. Opposite to Harry were Ron and Hermione, who seemed only to have eyes for each other. Harry smiled at them, as they blushed at being caught. Beside Ron sat Seamus and Lavender, who smiled and laughed together as they made inanimate objects fly around the car. Ginny, who was previously silent as she listened to people’s random conversations about the summer, finally spoke up.

“I have an idea!” Ginny stated all of a sudden, “If you guys could do anything you want to this summer, what would you do and what happened while you were doing it?”

Everyone seemed excited to share a story and they all huddled into pairs to talk about it amongst themselves. After a few minutes of discussion, Ginny put up her hand to silence them.

“Okay, we are going to start with Seamus and Lavender,” Ginny stated, looking at them expectantly. Seamus cleared his throat.

“If we could do something together, we would sail across the ocean to see Canada,” Seamus stated. He fell silent and everyone stared at him.

“What happened?” Ginny asked.

“Ohhh, I see. You guys want me to explain what our experiences would have been?” Seamus asked. They all nodded their heads.

“Okay, so Lavender and I had been planning this trip for a long time, but we weren’t sure when to go. Finally, halfway through our sixth year, we decided to go that very summer and had owled our parents. They seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the idea and said that they would make the arrangements. The fifth year seemed to crawl by so slowly after that,” Seamus said.

“The day we were meant to leave, I couldn’t find Seamus anywhere. It seemed like he had just disappeared. I was filled with anger and sadness, because I thought he had left me by myself. That is when I saw him in the boat. Oh my dear lord, the colour of it was so bright, so vibrant you could say, that I was momentarily blinded. It was red. Weasley hair red. Yes, it was that red Ron.” Lavender continued, “ We started off on our journey, just the two of us and for the first week it was okay. We had plenty of supplies, and everything seemed perfect, but then disaster struck.”

“There was a strange scent in the air, the one a fisherman can smell when a storm is brewing. We had gone underneath the deck when we noticed something strange. A black creature was in our food and we had no idea what it was, until it turned around. It was a flobberworm but no ordinary flobberworm… no, it was humongous. It had to be at least five feet long and four wide. It was monstrous. I was so afraid and angry, that I tossed the thing over board. You would think that fish would have eaten it but no, they all swam away upon impact. Little buggers. We had lost most of our food and I had to fish if we were expecting to eat. That is how I got a terrible flu and the scar on my foot. I was fishing one day when I felt a rather large tug on my line. I investigated and found that I had difficulty reeling in whatever was on the line. So I climbed on the railing and pulled back, but when I put my second leg on the railing, another tug pulled me off the boat,” Seamus paused for breath.

“So you got wet?” Luna asked.

“Are you kidding? I was soaked to the bone!” Seamus explained. Lavender continued the story before Seamus got anything out of his mouth.

“The fish had tugged him overboard and I, of course, was down below and didn’t know he was overboard until a loud splash. Now me, forgetting about my wand, I jumped in after him to save him. I grabbed him around the waist and tried to swim back with him,” Lavender said sternly.

“I felt a rather odd sensation from my…erm...areas below the waist and above the knee,” Seamus said, winking, “I told her, I said, ‘get off my bait and tackle’”
Lavender smacked him gently on the arm, getting indignant.

“YOU KNEW WHERE MY HANDS WERE!” she said indignantly, “It was the flobberworm that you had dumped over board. Anyway, I managed to pull him back up with the fish too. His foot was bleeding were the flobberworm had chewed at it.”

“Yeah, and they said flobberworms were vegetarians,” Seamus fumed quietly.

“But was Seamus worried about his foot, no! He was worried about cooking the bloody tuna. So he hobbled over to pick up the giant tuna and dropped it… Right into the bloody ocean.” Lavender glared at her partner.

“To add insult to injury, guess who ate it? GUESS!!! The bloody flobberworm!” Seamus said growling, “Came up out of bloody no where and ate the bloody fish whole.”

“Anyway, so I nursed the bugger back to health and we finally arrived in Canada. Thank God!” Lavender finished. She gave Seamus a quick kiss and they looked around to the others.

“Okay, now everyone has to use the flobberworm in their story!” Ginny added as a last minute thought, barely able to contain her grin.

“Alright, so Luna and I have thought about this and decided to go to Canada as well. However, we are traveling by the Thestrals. We had wanted to see Canada and its many inhabitants. I had asked Luna’s parents and because I’m no bloody celebrity, they decided I was okay,” Neville said.

“We had decided to write Professor Dumbledore to borrow the Thestrals and he had agreed. We got the ones named Red and Bacon,” Luna continued. A snort came from where Ron sat, “We had to strap ourselves in and decided to place saddles on them. The Thestrals did not like that. Poor Neville got hoofed in the face.”

“Anyway,” Neville intoned with a warning, “I had firmly planted myself in the saddle and prepared for the worst. I put my lucky flobberworm, Jez, into my pocket ‘cause Trevor couldn’t come and he was my lucky flobberworm.”

“We took off towards the stars; a mystical vapour hung in front of the moon, leaving it an eerie picture. I thought, when I looked to the ocean, I saw a giant creature flying over it, but I was lost as to what it was. There was something strange happening! I mean, the creature was doing circles and swooping down at something,” Neville paused for breath and Luna took the opportunity to add more.

“We decided to fly over to see what the beast was attacking. The closer we got, the more of it we saw. It was a Hippogriff unbelievably and it flew right at us. I watched as a flobberworm crawled out of his pocket and couldn’t resist saying, ‘Is that a flobberworm in your pocket or you just happy to see to me.’ Neville turned beet red and as he was fumbling for the flobberworm.”

“I lost my flobberworm but without much delay we ended up in Canada where we stayed with relatives of mine. My aunt Pam and Uncle Ted. My cousin Nicole was visiting somewhere else but Aaron was there. God that girl is crazy.” Neville grinned. Silence ensued.

“Alright, that was kind of short but okay. Ron, Hermione, its your turn,” Ginny said. The couple looked at each other before turning to the rest of them.

“Okay, so as depicted before, Ron and I have decided to go to Canada to meet up with my Aunt Annette and Uncle Danny. We decided to take muggle way and travel by airplane. We were all packed and ready to go, when, as Pavarti had said about Seamus, I could not find Ron. That is when I found him in a Radio shack! Oh my god guys. He’s as bad as his father. He’s standing there, sniffing a pair of batteries, and trying to shove an CD into his ear-”

“It said it was a Compact Disc…It should have fit!”

“- He kept grabbing plugs and stuff off the shelf for his dad.”

“They were souvenirs!” Ron muttered. Ginny and Harry looked at each other, amusement in their eyes.

“We hadn’t even left for Canada yet!” Hermione responded.

“So we got on the huge contraption called a plane and it took off. I did not like that. It was all wobbly but eventually it got better. For the first few hours we were fine, but as I looked out my window, I saw something go through the engine and it just lit like a candle.” Ron said.

“Yeah, we are having difficulties and the first thing that comes out of Ron’s mouth is what is this for as he pointed at one of the plastic air bags. I told him we were going to crash but he just suggested getting on his broom. He wanted to be a Hero! As usual,” Hermione said rolling her eyes. Harry felt a surge of guilt but that quickly passed.

“I thought it was a good idea but some people are so ungrateful. I enlarged my broom…” Ron paused for a moment, thoughtfully, “By the way, don’t take that the wrong way. But I made it bigger and told all those ingrates to get on. I did not know where we were. I landed in three feet of snow… It was so cold. I asked where we were and Hermione suggested using my wand…again don’t take that the wrong way.”

Everyone in the compartment had huge grins on their faces and Ginny and Lavender covered their mouths to hide their insistent laughter. Harry smiled warmly.

“It was so cold that my wand wouldn’t even work but Hermione managed to get her wand working and she transported everyone down into southern Ontario but she mixed in an obliviate spell into it. Everyone, we hope, forgot about it. Then we used our apparition and ended up at Hermione’s aunt and uncle’s house.” Ron said.

“I met up with my cousin Dana and Aaron, who further introduced us to a woman named Dianne. That woman was crazy she went on about writing stories about us and everything. She was scary Harry,” everyone laughed at the rhyme.

“And then we met up with Seamus at the beach and a huge flobberworm jumped out of the water. Seamus screamed like a little girl. We also saw Neville and Luna. Anyway but we decided to package it up and send it to Hagrid. Although I think Ron creeped the FedEx guy out. What was you said?”
“If it isn’t there over night, the flobberworm will eat your delivery boy!” Ron said grinning. Everyone laughed and the compartment grew dark once again bringing Harry back to the present. Ginny sat beside him; her tears were done but had left streaks on her face. Harry, after thinking of that last memory, thought about where everyone was now. Luna and Neville were the best of friends. Such good friends in fact that they got married. So did Seamus and Lavender, and Hermione and Ron, and Harry and Ginny. Seamus and Lavender have two beautiful children names Dean and Pavarti after their best friends who had died in the war. Luna and Neville had three kids named Charlie, Minera, and Lulu. Hermione and Ron had two beautiful children as well. One named Molly and the other Arthur for Ron’s parents who had died, in hope of keeping their memory living. But that was nonsense. Now the whole family was buried underneath the whomping willow in Hogwarts grounds. Harry cursed the man who had done it. They had all thought that Lucius Malfoy was dead! But he hadn’t been; he was now, but now was obviously too late. His two best friends were dead and as for Harry and Ginny, they had one on the way. A girl, the doctors said. Harry, through his tears, smiled all of a sudden. It mattered that they were dead of course but if their was one thing they could be happy about, it was that they had gotten their dream vacation…

Flobberworm and all!





Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear