Search:

SIYE Time:4:35 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Whisper
By Susan Bones

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: A Death Eaters an Dementors attack in Hogsmeade...
Hitcount: Story Total: 3272







ChapterPrinter


Whisper

Death Eaters attacks were getting worse everyday when Harry, Ron and Hermione Began their 6th year at Hogwarts. That day, the students were enjoying their first Hogsmeade weekend. Fortunately, after many debates, teachers hadn’t cancelled them, although many of them came to look after the youngest. It was good to have something to keep the mind off the war or the mountain of homeworks. Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny were just walking down the main street towards the three Broomsticks when screaming started.

Everything happened so fast then. The four of them ran, other students ran, teachers yelled, and Death Eaters were everywhere around them.

******
Ginny shouted to several third-years to go back to Hogwarts. What was going on? No one knew, but the most important was to make sure thateverybody was safe, before getting away from there.

Soon she was one of the few students still there, with Harry and Neville. Hermione and Terry Boot were there too, both of them injured, but not in immediate danger. Ron was a little apart, helping Luna to get away. She looked seriously injured. Ginny cast another couple of Stunning Spells and other hexes before she felt it. Cold. That terrible cold and this horrible feeling of loneliness. Dementors.

Catch me, as I fall
Say you’re here and it’s all over now.

Riddles voice, so cold and angry. And his eyes...
Did she screamed? Maybe. Maybe she had tried, but no sound came.

Speaking to the atmosphere
No one’s here and I fall into myself.

She burst into tears, without knowing why. It was probably because of hearing Riddle’s voice, after all these years or to see his eyes staring at her with so much hatred. She laughed. “Come on, Gin, forget it. Think about something happy. An happy memory. This is easy, isn’t it?”

This truth drives me into madness

I know I can stop the pain, if I will it all away.
If I will it all away

No, it isn’t. She could see the Dementors too, now. There were three of them, sliding towards her. In no time, they would be close enough to touch her, to kiss her maybe. She felt so numb now that this thought didin’t affect her.

Don’t turn away
(Don’t give into pain)

What was that? She had heard a voice — a voice different from Riddle’s — saying her name. Perhaps it was all in her head.

Don’t try to hide
(Though their screaming your name)

An hand, a human hand came from nowhere and landed on her shoulder. Somehow she managed to to look up, straight into Harry’s eyes. He was saying something. She couldn’t hear, but from that moment everything changed.

Don’t close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)

This look gave ginny all her courage back. She still felt very weak, but she wanted to fight with a new determination.

Don’t turn off the lights
(Never sleep, never die.)

Ginny raised her wand to conjure a Patronus. In a blinding flash of silver, she collapsed.

*****

“How can that be possible? How had they managed to get here, into Hogsmeade?The following events were easily predictable. Harry dodged some hexes, cast others towards the Death Eaters. How come he hadn’t expected something like that? It was obvious. It was the easiest way to attack Hogwarts, when half the students was far from Dumbledoreand all the protective wards surrounding the castle. “And this is only the beginning”, he thought.

I’m frightened by what I see
But somehow I know that there’s much more to come.

No matter how many Death Eaters were stricken by their spells, there always seem to have more of them the moment later. And on Harry’s side, things were getting worse very quickly. Soon he fighting alone with the teachers and a couple of students, some of them looking badly injured. Harry caught a glimpse of Hermione. She was bleeding like mad. In spite of that, she was fighting the Death Eaters fiercely. He felt guilt stab him straight in the heart. Hermione had tried to convince them to stay in the castle to study earlier taht day. Why does he always had to put his friend in danger?

Immobolized by my fear
And soon to be blinded by tears.
The familiar feeling that Dementors always brought awrned Harry of what had just arrived in the street. Surprisingly, that new annoyed him. They were already outnumbered, the last thing they needed now was Dementors.

I can stop the pain if will it all away.
If I will it all away

He turned, and what he saw made him freeze. Ginny had stop fighing. She was standing there, motionless and so vulnerable. It was due to the Dementors, no doubt about that. He had to do something or else they would kiss her. And he realized he couldn’t bear this thought. “Ginny!” he yelled.

Don’t turn away
(Don’t give into pain)

He got close enough to put his hand on her shoulder. She looked into his eyes. In hers he could see fear and pain through the tears.

Don’t try to hide
(Though they’re screaming your name)

“Ginny, I know you can do it. I believe in you, Gin. Everything is going to be alright now.”

Don’t close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)

A light suddenly appeared in Ginny’s eyes. She raised her wand and shouted : “Expecto Patronum!” A great silver unicorn shot out of her wand and got rid of the Dementors. However, the spell had took her last foces. She fainted.

Don’t turn off the lights
(Never sleep, never die.)

Harry caught Ginny a second before she felt.

*****

Moves. Sreams. Darkness. Everything was foggy and confused until Ginny realized she was unconcious.

Fallen angels at my feet
Whispered voices at my ear
Death before my eyes
Lying next to me I fear
She reckons me shall I give in
Upon my end shall I begin
Forsaken all I’ve fallen for I rise to meet the end...

Ginny opened her eyes.

******

“Harry! What happened? I mean —” “It’s okay, Gin. Everybody’s okay. Luna and Hermionehad to be taken to the hospital wing, but Madam Pomfrey said they’ll have no sequels.” Ginny nodded. She felt so right, here in his arms. “Ginny... I love you” he whispered.


END
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear