Search:

SIYE Time:11:28 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Emerald Eyes
By Sekai

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

The School of Hogwarts ia one very familiar with the love of young witches and wizards, happenings that in themselves are beautiful and special. But even thousand years of history could not disguise the similarities of these two couples, twenty years apart.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4265







ChapterPrinter


Emerald Eyes, a short story in three parts

Emerald Eyes, part one

Fighting the elements young Ginny Weasley pushed open the massive doors leading out to the school grounds and slipped trough before the wind snapped them shut again.
Gathering her cloak close she followed a path that led down to the waters edge. The Forbidden Forest nearby seemed to me creaking in the wind, moving rhythmically from one side to the other, like it was one gigantic tree and not the forest it truly was. The vast lake that stretched out before her was in a tumbling uproar, and no living creature dared venture to its foaming surface.
Turning sharply Ginny continued on the well-trod path that ran alongside the lake. The wind was pounding mercilessly, groping at any loos pieces of fabric, clawing desperately with icy fingers. But trough entering an outpost of the Forbidden Forest she shielded herself from the howling wind.
Over twenty years earlier another freckled redhead had attended Hogwarts. She shared many similarities with Ginny. Besides a burning temper, as often is associated with redheads, they were both bright witches with pretty figures concealed under dark school robes. But peering trough this shell of similarities you could find distinct differences. Where Ginny was embraced by an enormous family, having six older brothers defending her intentions, the redhead twenty years her senior had been somewhat an outcast of her family, standing alone with her magical abilities. In their own ways they were both loners. Though enjoying the company of others, they would both crave the comfort only solidarity could give them. They were similar souls, but twenty years and countless happenings had kept the two apart.
And now Ginny was treading her footsteps.
A stormy day two decades or so previous, that young girl had followed the path of the lake. And, as with Ginny, her mind had been pondering the mystery of a tall, messy-haired, bespectacled quidditch player.
And as Ginny waltzed trough whipping winds and playful fall-leaves, the school and it’s grounds remembered both girls and both moments as one, two girls treading each other’s footsteps.
And all that told them apart was emerald eyes.


Emerald Eyes, part two

While the wind was whistling outside Harry Potter was sitting in a wide tower window warmed by a roaring fire. Clad in grey trousers and a green Weasley jumper, he was sitting casually leaned against one side of the window. His back was against the fire-heated stone and his forehead was against the icy glass window. Though his body would signal ‘relaxed’ his eyes were as active as ever, it was as if all his other senses had been sealed shut for the day, and all that mattered was what he could see.
His eyes were slowly treading across the grounds outside; following the path if a young redheaded girl as she battled the elements. She was the only one who could keep him calm, because as he was sitting there watching her she was all that truly mattered. No dark nightmares came creeping back trying to claim his attention, even though they usually would, even in broad daylight. No haunting memories shone as a muggle slide show in front of his eyes, like they usually did whenever he let his mind wander like he did now. It was all because of her. She claimed all of his attention. And that was unfamiliar. But not uncomfortable, he decided.
An old painting not far away knew something that Harry did not. He had been hanging on that particular wall for ages, and had not failed to notice the similarity between this moment and a memory from twenty years or so previous. Those years past another boy had been glued to the exact same window, tracing the path of a young girl. His hair had been tousled, like Harry’s, his body had been built by quidditch, like Harry’s, and his shoulders had been straining from their early weight-load, just like Harry’s.
And this moment seemed to the painting to be frozen in time as these two boys and their confused minds were focused upon their very special, though sometimes troublesome, redhead.
How similar these two boys were, the painting though, trapped in this moment stretched across time.
And all that told them apart was emerald eyes.


Emerald Eyes, part three

Ginny Weasley was in the arms of Harry Potter, her arms around his neck and her head on his shoulder. Silent tears were springing from her eyes. He hugged her close, knowing that he never wanted to let her go. He stood there, smelling her hair, feeling her warmth, hearing her heart beat wildly, realising desperately that he would have to eventually. So he grasped this moment for what it was worth, never knowing when he would have the fortune to hold her again. Every fibre of his body was memorising the feel of her; how her soft hair felt against his fingers, how her heartbeat hammered against his, how her eyelashes swept across his skin. And she was memorising him; the desperate love in his clutch, the particular scent that was all him, the perfect fit of herself against him.
And in this moment they were clinging to each other desperately, like anyone would cling to a piece of floating wood in the open sea.
And trough it all they were oblivious to the happenings around them.
But the teacher who came to a halt as she looked upon them was aware of everything, even of a past memory when a young couple she had known and loved had been clinging to each other in their moment of dire need.
She had worn the fire upon her shoulders as proudly as Ginny, and he had stood solid with his ruffled jet-black hair, just like Harry.
And as tough twenty years had passed like nothing, the to images blended together before the teachers eyes, and two couples became one as they leaned on each other in their single moment of desperate fear, showing true love and passion in a lasting embrace.
And both girls lifted their heads from the shoulders of their men, and brought each a trembling hand to his face.
And two pairs of lips met twice across the years, and two couples stood united together.
And all that told them apart was emerald eyes.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear