Search:

SIYE Time:0:03 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


It's you
By Nigella Black

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 16
Summary: Harry and Ginny come together through a diary. This is a one-shot and my first fanfic. I have re-vised it so please R/R
Hitcount: Story Total: 3922







ChapterPrinter


"It's you" lyrics belong to Michelle Branch

It's you
The Gryffindor common room was deserted on this beautiful November afternoon.

Most students were outside enjoying the sunlight, or studying for their exams in the library.

Sitting alone with her divination book open, fast asleep, was Ginny Weasley.

She had stayed up all night studying for her O.W.L.s.

Harry entered the common room. He had had enough studying for the day. It seemed his brain couldn't take it, not to mention he had been studying alone since Hermione and Ron had a prefect meeting they needed to attend. He had even tried looking for Ginny, without luck. He could also not find Neville and Luna. Giving up, he had gone to the library.

Nearly four hours later, he began to doze off. Waking himself he decided that returning to the common room would be a good idea.

Placing his bag on a nearby table, Harry stopped at the sight of the youngest Weasley, her fiery hair blazing in the patch of dusty light coming in through the windows. He smiled slightly to himself at the sight of her calm and peaceful face.

Slowly walking over to where she now lay slumped in a cushy royal red chair, he marked her page and placed Unfogging the Future onto the table next to her other books. His gaze came to rest on a periwinkle blue diary with the words Ginny Weasley stamped in gold on the bottom right hand corner.

He knew he shouldn't pick it up. But, with trembling hands, Harry caressed the cover. Something inside him really wanted to know if she still liked him. Maybe just maybe, she even loved him.

Harry sat next to her, his hands shaking and heart thumping. He was sure it was going to wake her up from a slumber of happy dreams. He watched her shift and curl her legs under her, serene and cat-like. Her hair was like scarlet waves as it tumbled over the arm of the chair, and he had caught a whiff of the pleasant smell of peaches and mangoes.

How he wanted to run his fingers through it, wanting to know if it felt as soft as it looked. A small smile had spread across her sun-kissed porcelain face, and it made Harry turn back to the diary.

With a deep breath he opened the small book, eyes clenched as if he was waiting to be sucked into it. Nothing had happened, and his eyes averted to Ginny who was still asleep. He turned to the first page and began to read:

September 1, 1996

Today is the first day of my fifth year; I picked this diary up at a shop in Diagon Alley a month ago. It was very pretty, all alone and standing out among the red and black journals. I assure you that this is not enchanted by Voldemort, but it was high time to get a new one to confide in and share my secrets. Even share some of my fears. I'm on the train along with Neville, Luna and Harry. Hermione and Ron were made prefects again for Gryffindor house, and are probably off snogging in a compartment somewhere. Also more good news for, ickle Ron. He was made Quidditch captain this year. I was so sure that Harry was going to be made captain.

So many things have gone on that Dumbledore must have noticed Ron's ability. He isn't stressed like Harry; no man should ever have to go through what he did.

I'll write more later.

Ginny

Harry flipped through the pages and suddenly stopped for no apparent reason. Then there was a feeling tugging at him to read a page at the middle of the book.

November 15, 1996

I gave him up and moved on, but then slowly he has crept back into my heart. Do I let him take hold again, or do I push these feelings even farther from my mind, yet again? I have noticed that my feelings are different now. No longer that of a crush-crazed eleven-year-old. No more squealing and hiding, or putting my elbow in the butter dish. I've come to know Harry. We may not be as close as Ron and Hermione, but I owe him.

He didn't have to save my life. Could this be why I've changed? I know I owe him a wizard debt. Am I so willing to lay down this life of mine for a man who has hurt me in so many ways, yet is so brave and loyal? A man I love on an adult level. I know this feeling, the look in his eyes, the way the room feels when he has just walked into it, and the way he looks when he is asleep. He will always be my Harry.

It's you by Ginny Weasley

"If tomorrow never comes
I would want just one thing
I would tell it to the stars and the sun
I would write it for the whole world to see
And it's you
The light changes
When you're in the room
Oh it's you oh it's you"

I know that there will be another verse but I'm far too sleepy to think.

Goodnight.
Ginny

Harry marked the page with his finger, giving Ginny another glance.

Walking over to where his bag lay he retrieved a bottle of ink and an eagle feather quill. Snuggling back into his chair, he opened the diary. With a dip of the quill in scarlet ink he began to write.

Closing the book, Harry placed it back onto the table with a soft sigh.

Ginny stirred a little, stretching and moving slightly in the chair, then curling back up into her cat-like stage. Without another thought, Harry leaned over her, gently running his fingers through the autumn sunset of her hair. He let his hand lightly caress her peaches and cream complexion. Tracing her mouth with the tips of his fingers, Harry ever so gently placed a kiss onto her rose-colored lips.

It wasn't until dinner that Ginny awoke to Ron prodding her, and Hermione prodding Ron to hurry. She quickly put her books away and met them in the Great Hall. Sitting down across from Harry, she swore she could feel those green eyes on her. Then she sat in reminiscence of the dream she had while sleeping on the chair.

Warm feelings, hands through her hair, and lips upon her own. It had been so real, and such a long time since she had had any dreams of this nature.

Looking up from her potatoes and chicken, Ginny met Harry's gaze.

"Sleep well?" asked Harry taking a bite of his roll, eyes still on her.

Ginny broke into a smile. "Very well," she replied.

Trying not to sound too knowing about the smile on her face, he raised an eyebrow. "Why is that?" He had to force himself not to smile.

"Like it is any of your business!"

Ron had caught a whiff of this last statement, and asked through a mouth full of kidney pie, "Well ith it ithn't Hawwy's then it thure ith mine."

Ginny shook her head, and got up from the table.

"It's a boy isn't it?" Harry asked.

Her breath caught in her throat. Had she looked that obvious? "Maybe," she said, and with that she made her way out of the hall to the common room.

Ginny had just sat herself with her diary, quill, and ink into one of the chairs by the fire when Harry returned from dinner earlier than usual. She felt him walk past to sit a few feet away in a chair.

Plopping himself down, he watched her, listening to her quill scratching the surface of paper. How he wanted into her head right now. He wanted to know what she was pouring out into this book.

After only moments her quill had stopped, and the pages could be heard shuffling.

Ginny had absentmindedly turned to the page she had been working on the previous day. Only to find words that were not her own. Carefully scanning these words…

It's you by Ginny Weasley and Harry J. Potter

If tomorrow never comes.
I would want just one wish.
To kiss your quite mouth
Then trace the steps with my finger tips
And it's you
The light changes
When you're in the room
Oh it's you oh it's you
Here is your second verse.
It is so good to know you care for me, and I love you for that.
You keep me inline, and make me smile. It's you!

Love,
Harry

She closed the book and, in one swift movement, Ginny was off her chair clutching the diary. Scanning the room, she found Harry asleep on one of the couches. Kneeling next to him, Ginny reached out to sweep the dark hair off his forehead and gently trace his scar, before placing a kiss on his lips.

"Harry, I know that I should be brave, and yet love is almost scarier than any death eater. So I guess it's good that you are sleeping because I love you, and I'm going to be there for you."

Placing a kiss on his cheek, she made her way up to the girl's dorm - only to be stopped at the bottom step with masculine arms firmly wrapped around her waist.

Harry held her as close as he could. If he had his way he would hold her all night.

"Please," Harry whispered, his voice soft and hoarse, "say those words again." Turning her to meet his gaze, he whispered again, "Please?"

When she still said nothing, he licked his lips nervously. "Tell me you love me."

Ginny brought her hand up to his cheek. "I love you Harry!" Tears fell from his emerald eyes. "What's wrong?"

"No one has ever told me they have loved me, and I'm glad you were the first because I love you also." Harry leaned down gently placing a kiss on Ginny's lips, and Harry finally knew what it felt like to be whole.

Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear