Search:

SIYE Time:5:05 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Year To Remember
By littleWoNdErFuL

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 124
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry Potter is dying after a final battle with Voldemort. Ginny Weasley visits him at St. Mungo's, and confesses her true feelings for him. She falls asleep on his hospital bed, and flashes back to the year that was. Come along as Ginny experiences emotions that she never knew before, and goes through great lengths all for the one boy she loves... Please read to find out more, and don't forget to review! This story was written pre-HBP, and is now being considered AU.
Hitcount: Story Total: 56541; Chapter Total: 3336







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny Weasley sat curled up in a tiny ball, trembling violently and gasping hard. She clenched her eyes tight and drew in a large, sobbing breath. Why me? she thought to herself. Why him? she thought again. She couldn’t take it. She was going to die like this. Ginny had never in her life been in so much pain. She let go another heavy sob. There was no way she would get through this alive.

Ginny looked up and saw the hospital waiting room. She had been in Saint Mungo’s before, but this time was different. She looked around to see her family and friends. All were sitting together on the other side of the room, except for her and Ron, who sat in the opposing corner to her own. Her father was pacing, and comforting her mother. Fred and George sat with blank stares on their faces. Hermione sat alone three seats from her mother. Her face was red and tear streaked, and she wrung her hands impatiently. Hermione’s hands bore deep, shiny cuts, and she had a bruise blooming on her left cheek.

Ginny looked over to her brother Ron. He looked almost as bad as she imagined she did. Apart from a slash across his face, and the bruises and scratches that framed his arms, he looked absolutely dreadful. His head was in his hands, and he was taking in sharp, stuttering breaths. His ears blended with his hair, a sure sign that he was very upset. Ginny felt horrible for him, and a part of her wanted to sit with him, but she knew he wanted to be alone. She wanted the same, too, anyway. She didn’t want to talk to anybody right now.

A different kind of pain shot through Ginny’s body, now. This was the pain of injury. She looked down at her arm, which housed a long, deep wound that was now sticky with drying blood. She touched it lightly, and winced. It hurt very badly, and she knew she had to get it looked at, but that was the last thing on her mind right now. Suddenly, a healer walked into the waiting room. Ginny’s mother, Molly, stood up.

“Is-is there any news?” she stuttered.

“There isn’t much else we can do. He’s just hanging on right now. Surviving one killing curse is one thing, but two? We’re amazed he’s made it this far. I’m sorry to bring the news that we don’t think he’ll make it through the night. We’ve done all we can. I’m very, very sorry. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you all. You can come in his room, though to say goodbye. Only one or two at a time, please.”

Tears welled in Ginny’s eyes. She wanted nothing more than to scream at the man that there had to be something more that they could do for him, but she knew in her heart that there wasn’t. Ron looked to be crying heavily now, too, pushing aside the theory that boys don’t cry, and Hermione was crying silently into her battered hands. Ginny imagined how they felt. He was, after all, their best friend. And to Ginny he was more, but he would never know now.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley followed the healer back into the room, now. Ginny put her head in her hands and cried. She looked up about two minutes later to find Hermione standing over her. She looked at Ginny with sad eyes.

“F-Fred and G-George are going in when your parents come back. I’m going after them. D-do you want to come with m-me or Ron?” Hermione asked through stifled sobs.

“By myself,” Ginny said in a barely audible whisper.

“What?” Hermione asked.

“I…I want to go in by myself.” Ginny responded.

“Okay.” Hermione nodded. She went back to her seat.

About five long minutes later, Ginny’s parents came back. Mrs. Weasley was crying greatly and was being supported by Mr. Weasley who looked like he was having a difficult time, himself. Fred and George got up and walked back to the room together. They came back about ten minutes later, with very long, sad faces. It was now Hermione’s turn to go back. She went in by herself, and then came back after about forty minutes later only because Mr. Weasley went in to see if she was all right. Hermione collapsed onto her chair and cried.

Ginny looked over to Ron, who was now looking up, too. He slowly rose from his chair and followed the healer to the wards. He was back in a few seconds. He turned to his mother.

“I can’t do it.” His voice was like rough sandpaper.

“I know how hard this is for you,” said Mrs. Weasley, trying to comfort him.

“I can’t see him like that. I-I can’t,” Ron stuttered.

“Ron. This could be the last time you see him. Go on, please,” Mrs. Weasley urged him. He slowly walked back again.

Not too long after Ron went back, Ginny saw Remus Lupin come in. He signed in at the front desk, and turned to Mr. Weasley.

“I’m sorry it took me so long to get here. I had to sort some remaining things out with the Ministry. How is Ha–” He was cut off by Mr. Weasley shaking his head. “He hasn’t–” He was cut off again.

“No. He’s hanging on, but they say they don’t think he’ll make it through the night,” said Mr. Weasley. As he said this, Lupin’s face dropped. Ginny thought she saw a tear run down his cheek.
“And how are the children?” Lupin asked.

“Well,” sighed Mr. Weasley, “they have some minor injuries, nothing serious, though. And about, you know, they’re handling about as well as they can. Ron’s in his ward right now, you can go back after him, if you want.”

“I think I will. But I’ll leave Ron back there as long as he needs to say goodbye to his best friend.” Lupin sat down next to the twins. He looked at them and nodded. Ginny felt another surge of sorrow creep through her veins, and tears dripped off her eyelashes quietly. She would go to see him last.

Ginny closed her eyes. She was tired. His face weaved in and out of her head. She couldn’t bear to see it anymore, so she forced herself awake. Ron was back, looking worse than ever. Lupin was now missing from the waiting room. Ginny rubbed her eyes sleepily. Lupin walked back through the waiting room door. He sat down, and buried his face in his hands. Ginny realized it was her turn to go back. She got up slowly. Her legs felt like jelly, and they wouldn’t allow her to walk straight. She went over to her mother.

“If I don’t come back soon, don’t send anybody back to get me, please,” Ginny whispered to her mother. Mrs. Weasley nodded in reply.

As Ginny walked the long hallway, it seemed to take ages to get to his room. Her mind was racing with so many different thoughts. She walked slowly to a room at the end of the hallway. Ginny pushed the door open, and saw him lying on a bed, eyes closed, barely breathing. The sight of him like this made her knees weak and her stomach turn in knots. She knew now why Ron didn’t want to see him. She herself almost wanted to run out of the door, so she did not have to remember him like this. She took in a heavy breath. Ginny walked over to his bed.

“Harry,” she spoke in a wavering whisper. “Oh, Harry,” she whispered again. Ginny sat next to him on the bed. She reached over, and brushed her hand across his cheek. He was barely warm. She pushed his hair away from his scar, which almost glowed a deep red from his recent attack.

“I hate seeing you like this, Harry,” Ginny said to him, softly. She waited for a response, but knew she wouldn’t get one. “They--they said that you might not get through the night, and I want to believe that you will, Harry, I really do, but,” she drew in a breath, “but it’s hard to.” Ginny wiped her face. She was crying again. She bit her lip, and looked at Harry lying there, not saying a word. “Say something to me, Harry, tell me you’re alright, please just say something!” She was angry with him. Mad for putting her through this pain. She got up of his bed and sat down in the chair in the corner of the room.

“Why are you doing this to me, Harry?” Ginny stared at him for what seemed like five minutes. She left the chair and sat on the bed again. She couldn’t bring herself to stay mad at him. Ginny leaned over him. “Do you remember,” she said, smiling some, “the day I first saw you? I was so excited. I think you thought I was a nutter. But, you didn’t really know who you were then, did you? And the next year you went and saved my life. For that I am ever grateful. I wish there was some way for me to save yours. And I never really got to tell you how I feel.” Ginny sighed. She felt tears in her eyes again. She curled up next to Harry, and laid her head on his chest. She could just make out his heart beating faintly.

“Harry,” she whispered. “This year was wonderful. We got so much closer, and now it’s all gone. But I have to tell you the truth. Remember earlier today, I was going to tell you something? I wish I would’ve told you then, but I guess it’s better later than never. I hope you can still hear me in there, Harry,” Ginny sighed again, and looked straight into Harry’s closed eyes. “I love you,” she said to him. She laid her head back down on his chest. She closed her eyes, and felt herself falling asleep. Her mind flashed back to the beginning of the year…


A/N-I hope you liked it! Why don't you tell me what you thought? Love always, Wonderful
Reviews 124
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear