Search:

SIYE Time:21:05 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Year To Remember
By littleWoNdErFuL

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 124
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry Potter is dying after a final battle with Voldemort. Ginny Weasley visits him at St. Mungo's, and confesses her true feelings for him. She falls asleep on his hospital bed, and flashes back to the year that was. Come along as Ginny experiences emotions that she never knew before, and goes through great lengths all for the one boy she loves... Please read to find out more, and don't forget to review! This story was written pre-HBP, and is now being considered AU.
Hitcount: Story Total: 56225; Chapter Total: 3031







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny rolled over in her bed. She was awake again. She had drifted in-between periods of sleep and semi-consciousness. Now was one of those times when she was feeling awake. She had been restless; when she did manage to sleep she was haunted by the day’s events, reliving Seamus’ confession over and over again until she would wake up sobbing. Then she would think herself back to sleep, thinking of how to break up with him, and when. No, not when. She had to do it tomorrow, she really did. She could not go on with him when he loved her now, not while she still loved Harry.

Turning again, Ginny shifted herself up on her elbows, and fumbled her hand around on her nightstand, reaching for her wand. She found it, and whispered “Lumos,” when she then shone the light over she nightstand again, until she found her watch so she could see what time it was now. This was the eighth time she had done this tonight. 12:56. That’s all it was? All right, so she had gone to bed at five o’clock, but it was only 12:56? Ginny sighed, and shifted in her bed. She tried closing her eyes, but it was no use. No more than two minutes later they had popped open again, not allowing her to sleep. Well I’m up, she thought, there’s no point in trying to fall asleep again.

Ginny lit her wand again, quietly climbed out of bed, and slipped on her robe over her nightshirt. She slid into her slippers, which were next to her bed, then pulled a blanket around her shoulders, and tiptoed out of her dormitory, careful not to awake any of her roommates. She descended the staircase, and walked silently into the outskirts of the common room. She noticed that a few embers in the fire were still glowing, and it produced a small amount of warm light in the room, so she muttered “nox,” and her wand went out.

However, as soon as she uttered these words, something sitting in a chair in front of the fire jumped several feet into the air. This caused Ginny to jump, and whomever it was, to fall off of the chair and turn back, looking frightened at the already shocked Ginny.

“Harry!” she gasped, after seeing his face illuminated by the small glow of the fire. “You gave me a fright!”

“I gave you a fright?!” Harry said, motioning to his spot on the floor, and then pulling himself up and back into the chair.

“I’m sorry, I–well…what are you doing down here, anyway?” Ginny asked, changing the subject.

“Couldn’t sleep…I’ve got a lot on my mind,” Harry said, motioning for her to come join him on the chair. “What about you? Why are you up so late?”

“Same reason. Couldn’t sleep, and I’ve got a lot on my mind, too,” Ginny explained, taking a seat next to Harry. “You look upset. What are you thinking about?”

“It’s really not that important,” Harry said, sighing deeply. “So how was your Valentine’s Day with Seamus?”

“Harry, don’t try and change the subject. If you must know, it was…fine. And if something’s bothering you, of course it is important. Tell me,” Ginny said with a smile, “I want to know.” Hearing about Harry’s problems might make her feel better about her own.

“Mine’s going to take longer than yours,” Harry said, grinning some. “So you go on first. I’m all ears,” he said. Harry always had a way with getting things out of her.

Ginny took a deep breath in, and looked into the fire before opening her mouth to speak, “I know I just said that I had a fine time with Seamus today, but that was a lie. I didn’t have a good time at all. Well, I did, up until something happened.”

“What happened? He didn’t do anything to hurt you, did he?” Harry asked, his brow furrowing slightly.

“ Seamus–he, er, told me that he l-loved me today,” Ginny said with a stutter. She really didn’t want to be thinking about Seamus’ words at this moment in time, and she looked down and took a wavering breath in.

“Really? That’s…er…congratulations,” Harry smiled warmly at her, but Ginny noticed that it looked a tad insincere. “Why don’t you look too happy about it?”

“Because I’m not,” Ginny said, her voice quavering a bit again.

“Why? You should be happy,” Harry told her, his smile drooping.

“But I’m not. I don’t feel the same way about him. To tell you the truth, I don’t even like him like that. I mean, there he is falling in love with me, and then there’s me, feeling for him only as a friend. I feel dreadful about it. I know I’ve got to break up with him, but I guess I’m scared to.”

“Why are you scared? You shouldn’t be scared of the telling him the truth,” Harry said.

“Oh, but I am. I can’t even tell him the whole truth,” Ginny said, staring into the fire.

“What is the whole truth?” Harry asked her.

“It…doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I don’t feel the same about him and that it’s unfair for him to love me when all I do is like him,” Ginny sighed.

“It does matter what the whole truth is,” Harry said.

“I know, but I can’t say it.”

“Why not?” he whispered.

“Because I just can’t.”

“Oh, well, then I do understand about your problem, though.”

“How?” Ginny asked him. What did he understand about it? He had the perfect girlfriend, who he obviously felt strongly about, how did he know how she felt? Ginny frowned, “how do you understand? Is it something with Bridget?”

“Actually, yes, that’s part of it,” Harry said, staring into the fire in turn.

“It is?” Ginny asked, but not thinking about herself, for once, when she said it. She honestly wanted to know, not because she wanted Harry, but because she didn’t want Harry to be in pain. “Well I want to hear everything then.”

Ginny could see the look in Harry’s eyes. He was right, she could see; it wasn’t all Bridget he was thinking about. He got that look in his eyes when he was worried about something important to him, she had seen that look when he was remembering Sirius or contemplating the prophecy. She also knew Harry’s reluctance to discuss his feelings, even if it was with her. She was the first one he came to with the problems of Sirius’ death and the prophecy two years ago, and Ginny planned to stand by him through whatever this problem was, too.

Harry looked at Ginny, and sighed, “I’ve been coming down here a lot lately. I can’t sleep anymore, it’s just been weighing down my mind.”

“What has?” she asked.

“Everything. Ginny, I can feel it. It’s coming. And Bridget, she means nothing. Hurting you, it’s not fair. I don’t want to, Gin–” he put his head down in his hands and took in a deep breath.

Ginny was confused for a moment, but her brain put together his words that made only partial sense. He was scared. Scared about what was to come in his life. Harry had been allowing the prophecy’s truth to eat away at himself. It was all making sense now. Bridget, she was just an excuse. He did have feelings for Ginny; he didn’t want to hurt her. But how would he hurt her? She didn’t understand that.

“I’m sorry,” Harry whispered roughly.

“Sorry for what?” Ginny asked him, her head lowering to meet his eyes.

“For acting this way.”

“There is nothing to be sorry about, Harry. Lord…I wish I could tell you I know how you feel, but I can’t. I admire you, Harry. You carry so much with you, the least you can do is cry,” Ginny said gently.

“I–I don’t want to,” Harry muttered, putting is head down again.

“I know you don’t,” she replied calmly, but getting a lump in her own throat, seeing Harry like this. Truthfully, Ginny wasn’t sure exactly what she was replying to. There was so much he could be saying he didn’t want to do, but she thought there was a chance of him saying “no” to it all.

Harry lifted his head up from his hands, his eyes, though bloodshot, gleamed in the low firelight and he looked at Ginny again. “I need you,” he whispered.

With that, he leant over, and very gently kissed her lips. Ginny didn’t know what to think now, except that she would follow through with Harry’s wishes as best she could. She would do anything and everything in her power to ease his pain.

They broke away, and a single glistening tear fell from Ginny’s eye. She lifted her hand, and wiped it away, but Harry took it into his own hand, and then kissed the spot where it had been. Their lips met again, and Ginny realized the reality of the situation. She was here with Harry. He needed her, mentally and physically. She needed the same from him, but she suspected not nearly as much as he needed her.

The simple peck escalated to more, as Harry’s hand tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear, and laid his hand on the side of her face. Ginny couldn’t ignore the fact that she was surprised at what was going on; she hadn’t expected to even find Harry down here tonight, let alone having an intense conversation with him that would eventually lead to this. But she wasn’t stopping him. Everything she needed and wanted from Harry, it seemed he needed it or wanted it more.

Harry’s hand left the side of Ginny’s face as they kissed more fervently, and her robe was soon thrown on the floor. All Ginny knew was that this was how it was supposed to be, her and Harry, and nothing was more perfect than this moment. She pushed her body against his, letting their energy flow between them. They soon found out the armchair was not big enough for the both of them, so they abandoned it, lying in front of the fire on the blanket that Ginny had brought down with her.

Ginny put her hands on either side of Harry’s face, still kissing him. She was ravished; she was insatiable for Harry and needed him now more than ever. She inhaled deeply for a proper breath of air when Harry’s lips left hers and relocated to her neck. His hands gently skirted her body, and Ginny felt something unusual in her lower abdomen, but she didn’t care. They kissed again, and she pushed her hand against Harry’s chest, taking in how his breathing caused it to move up and down quite rapidly.

Before she even knew it, Harry’s tee shirt was off, revealing his suitably sculpted, Quidditch trained, body. He was sweating, and Ginny became was aware that she was, too. She swallowed deeply as her nightshirt found its way to her robe, which was lying a few feet away.

And then they were staring at each other. They were sitting up, in front of the fire, and looking deep into each other’s eyes. Harry’s eyes were much larger than normal, catching all of the firelight. They glistened an even more surreal emerald, and Ginny took in a deep breath. It was like he was seeing into the depths of her mind and her heart, comforting her soul. They stayed like that for a moment or two.

Ginny tilted her head down eventually, but Harry’s hand reached over gently tilted her chin up. He kissed her lightly on the forehead, and then reached out his other hand to her. Ginny was trembling; she knew what was going to happen next. She let out a shaking hand, trying hard to control it. Harry smiled warmly at her, and she smiled back, coughing up a small laugh. Her hand stopped shaking.

Harry’s hand re-found itself on the side of Ginny’s face, and he kissed her lightly on the lips again. He broke away and smiled. “Are you scared?” he whispered in her ear softly.

“Not at all,” Ginny said back quietly, smiling slightly. She wasn’t scared. She felt more comfortable with him now more than she ever had before. She could never even fathom taking this step with anybody else but Harry. She was ready, no, more than ready. She needed this. She needed Harry.

This time, Ginny was the one to kiss him, pushing him down onto the blanketed floor, and falling with him. Their bodies entwined, and Ginny’s mind floated away…

************************

Ginny lifted her head, taking in deep breaths, shaking her dampened hair out of her face. Harry kissed her again lightly, his lips trembling as he did so.

“Are you all right?” Ginny asked, looking deeply into his eyes.

“Never been better,” he grinned between heavy breaths. He kissed her again, first on the neck, then slowly moving his way back to her lips.

Ginny laid her head on Harry’s bare chest and closed her eyes. She was floating, off on some cloud. She was light as air, with no fear or worry. Everything was right. It was just she and Harry, with nothing between them at all. Ginny felt Harry’s fingers slowly run through her hair, and she smiled. He’s everything, she thought.

The two stayed like that for a while, not saying anything to each other, just letting their soft caresses and thoughts about themselves do the talking.

Ginny’s mind was afloat with thoughts about what she and Harry had just done, with what they had become. They were connected now, in a way Ginny was almost certain would never happen between them. Just when she thought they were only going to be friends, that she was going to have to carry the burden of unrequited love on her back forever, it happens. Harry happens. It was all there. It always had been. He needed her now, and she was going to be there for him every step of the way. It was if fate had waited until the perfect moment to make them come together, and it picked the most ideal time Ginny could even hope for. There was nothing more that she could ask for in her life, she was fulfilled. Her heart was truly full now.

“Ginny,” Harry whispered to her, after a long period of silence.

“Yes?” she replied.

“Thank you.”

“Thank you for what?”

“For helping me.”

Ginny smiled to herself, “You’re welcome.”

Harry kissed her cheek gently and opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. Ginny bit her lip, and looked Harry in the eyes again. It was if she was forgetting something. She then yawned, and figured it would be time for her to get some real sleep. She didn’t want to leave, though. She was perfectly content with being right here with Harry. She could probably spend eternity here with him. Time could go on without them, just leave them there for each other. It was all she needed, just the two of them forever.

“Everything’s about to change,” Harry whispered to her as they lay there together, a small smile breaking through on his face.

Ginny nodded, “I know.” He was right, everything was about to change. Everything they had talked about was going to happen, sooner or later, and Ginny wouldn’t leave his side at all. She rested her head back on his bare chest, and closed her eyes.

Ginny opened her eyes, not sure of how long she had been napping for. It mustn’t have been too long, because it was still dark. She looked to Harry, who seemed to be sleeping soundly. I really should be getting to bed, she thought, looking to the dormitory staircase then back to Harry. She didn’t want to leave him here, but she didn’t want to wake him, either. He looked too peaceful, and she couldn’t disturb that.

She gathered herself, and slipped back on her nightshirt. Before leaving, she tiptoed back to Harry, and gently kissed him on the cheek, and whispered, “goodnight, love,” and then headed up the girls’ dormitory stair. But she couldn’t help feeling like she had forgotten something important.

Arriving in her dormitory and climbing into her bed, Ginny suddenly remembered what she had forgotten. I love him, she thought to herself. Wait…I forgot–! Ginny ran out of her dormitory as fast as she could, racing down the stairs so that her night could be complete. “Harry,” she said, walking into the common room. “I–love you.” But he had already gone.
Reviews 124
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear