Search:

SIYE Time:5:27 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Year To Remember
By littleWoNdErFuL

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 124
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry Potter is dying after a final battle with Voldemort. Ginny Weasley visits him at St. Mungo's, and confesses her true feelings for him. She falls asleep on his hospital bed, and flashes back to the year that was. Come along as Ginny experiences emotions that she never knew before, and goes through great lengths all for the one boy she loves... Please read to find out more, and don't forget to review! This story was written pre-HBP, and is now being considered AU.
Hitcount: Story Total: 56227; Chapter Total: 3115







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Word of Ginny and Seamus’s new relationship had spread around the school like rapid-fire. On the morning of Halloween, Ginny was sitting at breakfast when she counted at least seven people come up to her congratulating her about her new boyfriend.

“I just thought I’d tell you,” Blythe Alexandre said to her that morning at breakfast, “that I think you two are the sweetest thing at Hogwarts since Harry and Bridget! I wish you two the best of luck!”

“Er, thanks?” Ginny said in reply. Blythe acted as if they were getting married. She then scurried off, full of energy; probably to tell people the Ginny and Seamus were planning their wedding.

“News travels fast, doesn’t it?” This time it was Seamus who sat next to her, planting a small kiss on her cheek. Ginny blushed some, and said hello. She noticed something out of the corner of her eye, though. It was Harry. He was observing Seamus in a way Ginny had not ever seen him do. Was it jealousy? Of course not, Ginny thought, He’s got Bridget. But she couldn’t help but wonder.

Halloween was tonight, and there was talk that Dumbledore had planned a magnificent feast with entertainment and everything. The Great Hall had already been decorated with giant pumpkins from Hagrid’s garden, and enchanted bats were hovering by the ceiling, along with black and orange streamers, which lined the hall.

Breakfast ended, and she and Seamus decided to take a walk outside. It was a beautiful day for October, brisk but not too cold. The two walked around the grounds, talking pleasantly to each other. Ginny liked the idea of having a boyfriend sometimes. She could tell him things that were on her mind. Of course, there were some things that Seamus would never be able to find out.

“So then Goyle’s potion shattered on his foot, causing it to sprout wings. The potion wasn’t even supposed to give its user flight!” Seamus told Ginny about the other day’s exciting potions class.

“His foot flapped around and tried to take off, but you know Goyle; his enormousness wouldn’t let it,” Seamus continued. Ginny laughed. She wished she had been there to see this. She imagined it would’ve been funnier to see in person, though.

The two were walking along the edge of the Forbidden Forest when Seamus suddenly stopped without warning.

“Ginny?” he asked her.

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course…” Ginny replied, wondering what else there was to be asked.

“Er, well, I just noticed that…well…Do you have some sort of feelings for Harry?” Ginny’s heart skipped a beat. Can Seamus really see through me that well?

“N–no! Of course not! We’re friends! What makes you think that?” Lie number one.

“Well, I er, I see how you look at him sometimes,” Seamus told her.

Enough with the way I look at him, Ginny thought. The subject was making her a bit touchy, but Ginny knew she couldn’t let her temper get the best of her in front of Seamus. Ginny needed to save it for something more anger-worthy. Like Bridget.

“And it seems like you might be jealous of Bridget, and well, maybe you are just seeing me to spite Harry and make him jealous.” Ginny’s heart was pounding.

“I promise you I have no feelings for Harry. Other than the kind friends have for each other, that is.” Lie number two. “Why do you think I said yes to you? I like you, Seamus.” Lie number three. “I would never go out with somebody to make another person jealous.” I’d go out with them to take my mind off the person I really have feelings for, and the jealous part would be an added bonus. But the thought was making her feel awful.

“Alright. I was just checking. Not that I doubted you. Ok, maybe I did. I just wanted to make sure we’re together for the right reasons. We’ll still early enough on to break up without any real mess. And I don’t want to be in a relationship based on lies.”

“Me either,” Ginny said. That was lie number four. So far, the whole one-day relationship had been based on lies. But Seamus couldn’t know that. And he was already suspicious.

“Good.” He stopped, looked her directly in the eyes, and kissed her. For real. On the lips. Ginny kissed back; he was a good kisser. But she felt nothing. No sparks. No romance. She knew she could only ever feel that if it were she and Harry.

Ginny hated lying to Seamus, she truly did. He was such a kind, honest person who didn’t deserve what Ginny was giving him. She knew she was being a bad girlfriend, even only after one day. Ginny also knew that if this was how things were beginning, it was unfortunately going to get worse. If only I could change how I felt, I would, she thought, as she and Seamus walked back to the castle. I’m sorry I’m such a bad girlfriend, I promise I’ll try and change and make this work out. For you, and for me. I need this as much as you do.

*******************

Ginny and Seamus parted ways around noon. Ginny had Quidditch practice at one o’clock, but she wanted to do some flying before to help clear her head. Ginny gathered her broom, and headed to the pitch. She was hoping she would be early enough that nobody would be down there yet, not even Harry. Ginny walked to the edge of the field, were she then mounted her broom, and pushed up into the cool autumn air.

Flying did an amazing thing for Ginny. She could clear her head, or think about anything that was bothering her. Flying seemed to make everything stressful go away, so Ginny could think about it without added weight. Today, Ginny needed to full on confront her feelings, and make up her mind.

Ginny was on what appeared to be an emotional roller coaster. She couldn’t make up her mind on what feel for whom. Ginny loved Harry; there was no question about that. But again, as she had told herself so many other times, Harry was currently involved with Bridget. Ginny also found herself liking Seamus more and more every time they were together. He was just so sweet and there was nothing she could do to make herself not like him. Ginny was glad she liked Seamus and that they were together, but at the same time, she still loved and wanted Harry, and was afraid to loose her feelings for him. This made Ginny feel bad about her relationship with Seamus, and brought her back to how she had really only decided to go out with him to get her mind off of Harry.

My life is far too complicated right now, Ginny sighed. She really had no idea on what to do, except what she had been doing already. That was to continue with Seamus, like him, but still love Harry, and pray that Seamus wouldn’t have any more suspicions about Ginny’s true feelings. Ginny wanted to scream at everything she was facing, telling it to go away, but it wouldn’t go away no matter what and she needed to deal with it. Ginny pulled her broom into a steep incline, and then rushed down in a dive. This made her feel better. The rush of wind in her hair washed away her plights.

“Ginny!” Ginny was quickly brought back to reality at the sound of her name, and pulled out of her dive.

“Ginny!” Ginny looked down to see Harry staring up at her. She grounded herself, and proceeded to greet Harry.


“Hi, Harry,” Ginny said to him as she dismounted her broom. “I’m sorry I didn’t hear you the first time you called. I was…” Ginny looked up to the sky.

“I know how you feel. It happens to me every time I’m flying,” Harry told her. Ginny smiled at him. Harry had a way about him that was the same as flying. He could make Ginny feel like she had no cares in the world.

“I’m surprised to see you out here so early,” Harry said to Ginny as they walked to the middle of the pitch.

“Why is that?” Ginny asked him.

“Well I thought you’d be off with Seamus somewhere.”

“I was already ‘off with Seamus somewhere’ today,” Ginny told him with a touch of mischief in her voice.

Ginny was prepared for a reply such as, “Doing what?” or something similar, and was thinking of a smart comeback. Thus was surprised when Harry said a simple, “Oh.” Ginny bit her bottom lip.

“Well I would have thought you would be spending time with Bridget. Or at least brought her along with you to practice.”

“Nah,” Harry replied.

“Nah to what?”

“Nah to bringing her along. And to spending time with her, actually.” Ginny was shocked. Harry say no to being with Bridget? Had they–

“Have you broken up with her?” The words seemed to spill out of Ginny’s mouth.

“No. But she has some idea in her head, are you ready for this? That we, as in you and me, have something going on behind her back,” Harry told her incredulously.

“How ironic,” Ginny told him, “because Seamus seems to believe the same thing.”

“I told Bridget that we don’t have ‘anything’ going on between us, and that we’re just friends.”

“I told Seamus the same.”

“But does he believe you?”

“Of course, why wouldn’t he believe the truth?” Ginny asked. The unfortunate truth, though, Ginny added silently to herself.

“Because Bridget doesn’t believe me. She thinks that you have me hypnotized or something.” Ginny laughed. She couldn’t get over the fact of how incredibly dumb Bridget was.

“And this girl’s in Ravenclaw, why?” Ginny asked, sounding slightly obnoxious. Harry gave her a look. “Sorry,” Ginny muttered. She had not meant to offend him.

“Anyway, Bridget also told me that I need to stay away from you. I told her that you were in my house and we played Quidditch together. The chance of having no contact with each other is zero.”

“Right.”

“I still can’t believe she thought we were sneaking behind her back. I really thought she trusted me. I tried telling her that if you really wanted me, you would have tried getting me by now.”

Ginny really did want him, though. Why hadn’t she tried going for Harry? Right. A little thing called Bridget had stood in her way. Of course Ginny could have had something with Harry, recalling the almost kiss they shared at the beginning of the year. Harry obviously felt something for her then, why shouldn’t he still feel the same for her now? What if Bridget really was just a way to make Ginny jealous? And if Harry wasn’t thinking about her, he wouldn’t have brought up the fact that they would probably be together now if Ginny would have just done something about it. If Ginny weren’t with Seamus, she would have told Harry that she was planning on doing something about getting him right about then.


*********************


Ginny tried her best to put her guilty feelings aside and to enjoy herself at the Halloween Feast that evening. She knew she would have to get used to her being with Seamus, anyway, so what better place to start? Though still in the back of her head was the fear of loosing Harry.

Ginny and Seamus talked with the other Gryffindors, many of whom were excited to see another couple around the castle. Seamus seemed eager to talk about “them”; Ginny however, put on a happy act, but didn’t really want to talk about “them”. They had been going out for a day. There wasn’t much of “them” to talk about.

Ginny soon became tired of the relationship talks, and tuned herself out of the conversation. Ginny’s eyes wandered to Harry, who was casually talking with Ron. Harry noticed Ginny, and grinned at her. Ginny felt her cheeks redden, and smiled back. She started to feel the warmness inside that Harry always seemed to give her, when she looked over to Seamus. He smiled at Ginny, and put his arm around her. Ginny looked back at Harry, then to Seamus again. Her guilt was beginning to resurface itself again. It hit Ginny big time, too. Ginny decided that she could not sit with Seamus if Harry was going to be near them, and resolved that she would leave the feast early to prevent herself from feeling anymore unwanted emotions. Ginny turned to Seamus.

“I think I’m going to head up to the common room,” Ginny told him.

“Really? Why? Aren’t you having a good time?”

“Oh, yes, lovely, really. But I’m beginning to get a headache. I had a long day at practice and now I’m quite tired,” Ginny told him, trying to sound as formal and polite as possible.

“Do you want me to come with you?” Seamus asked her, sounding concerned.

“Oh, no. You stay here and have a good time.”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.” Ginny smiled at Seamus, and he gave her a small peck on the cheek, which caused many “aw’s” from the people surrounding them.

With that, she left the feast and headed for the Gryffindor common room. A part of her felt a little bad. This was the third time this week she had missed or left dinner early, and already the second she had left Seamus by himself. But it seemed like as soon as she felt bad about leaving Seamus, her mindset decided to change itself.

It seemed like with a flick of a switch her mood changed, and now Ginny was being selfish and feeling bad for herself. So I’m not the best girlfriend, Ginny thought. But there are other things on my mind… Her thoughts were knocked off course by a figure looming out from a shadowed wall. She stopped, wondering what it was. Then, to Ginny’s great displeasure, it showed itself.

“I was waiting for you,” Malfoy said to her, coming out of the darkness.

“What do you want?” Ginny asked him with disgust.

“Now, now, girl. No need to get touchy. I’ve just been waiting for you. I knew you’d be leaving early.”

“Are you stalking me now?” Ginny asked him in disbelief. “I’d appreciate it if you’d get out of my way.” Ginny tried moving past him, but he blocked her.

“Not before I have a word with you,” Malfoy drawled. Ginny looked to her feet, and began drumming one on the ground impatiently.

“Fine. I’ll let you talk if you let me move.”

“Agreed,” Malfoy said. He smirked at her, his silvery eyes catching the firelight, but not taking in the heat. This was unlike Harry’s, which glowed with warmth when they were near the fire.

“And please, call me Draco. We’re on a first name basis now, Ginny,” he added wryly. Malfoy looked at her for a moment, his eyes scanning her closely.

“So? What do you want then, Draco?” Ginny asked him, becoming even more annoyed.

“You,” he said plainly.

“Excuse me?” Ginny said. She was beginning to feel highly revolted.

“I want you. Right now. I’m tired of waiting. I’ve put my feelings for you out here in the open, and now it’s time for you to do the same,” Malfoy said, as he stepped closer to her.

“What feelings? The only feelings I have for you are feelings of extreme repulsion! I can’t believe you have the audacity to come to me like this! I loathe you Malfoy. Everything about you! Don’t come near me again, I swear if you do–”

“You’ll do what?” he interrupted her. “Get Finnigan to come after me? Oh I’m shaking now! There’s another thing! You picked Finnigan over me? A halfblood? Disgusting.”

“I would pick anyone over you!” Ginny said viciously to him, through clenched teeth.

“I’ve had enough of your fooling around Weasley, let’s go. Now.” Malfoy grabbed Ginny’s arm and began pulling her down the dark corridor.

“What are you doing?” Ginny gasped at him in horror.

“I told you what I want and I am going to get it. Now come on,” he pulled at her harder, and Ginny struggled to break free of his grip.

“GET OFF OF ME!” Ginny screamed at him, writhing to free herself from his ever-tightening grasp.

“You’re not making this any easier,” Malfoy whispered in her ear, still pulling at her.

“LET GO OF ME, YOU VERMIN!” Ginny pulled as hard as she could, breaking his clasp, and running to the top of the stairs as fast as she could.

“I get everything I want,” Malfoy sneered at her from below. “Remember that. This isn’t over.” He disappeared into the darkness once again.

Ginny ran to the Gryffindor common room, fighting back tears as she came to the Fat Lady.

“J-Jack-o-lantern,” she stuttered to the Fat Lady, who swung open immediately.

She found her way to her chair in front of the fire, in which she had been occupying a lot lately. Ginny put her head in her hands as tears leaked from her eyes. What was he thinking? she thought, regarding Malfoy. Ginny felt extremely shaken up by the event, and was sobbing more rapidly, now. Ginny wiped her face, and decided to go to bed before anybody got back from the feast. She didn’t want anybody to see her, or ask her what was wrong. Ginny didn’t want to lie about it, either. She had done enough lying for one day.
Reviews 124
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear