Search:

SIYE Time:20:25 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dare to live Life
By crossfire

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 5
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Ginny plans to rescue harry, but things take an unexpected turn....
Hitcount: Story Total: 3105







ChapterPrinter


A/N: This is my first fanfic, ever. I'll probably have some grammar mistakes so... yeah, enjoy


Chapter 1: Untimely Meeting

Harry saw Sirius duck Bellatrix's jet of red light: he was laughing at her.
"Come on, you can do better than that!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavernous room.
The second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest. The laughter had not quite died from his face but his eyes widened in shock. Harry was jumping down the steps; pulling out his wand, as Dumbledore, too, turn towards the dais.

To Harry, it seemed to take Sirius an age to fall: his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch. Harry saw the mingled look of fear and surprise on his godfather's wasted, once handsome face as he fell thorough the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil, which fluttered for a moment as though in a high wind, then fell back into place.

A young man awoke with a start, dripping in his own cold sweat. He looked around as if expecting to see somebody in his room but instead, he saw nobody. He got up and checked an old alarm clock with a cracked frame.

"Dammit" he swore as he saw that it was only fifteen minutes past four. He turned on the light as if expecting to see something strange in his room, but all was normal to him, well, as normal as it could be, for this young man was none other than "Harry Potter" also known as "The Boy Who Lived" by most people. He was a wizard, and a pretty powerful one at that. He has been fighting dark creatures from the age of 11, but that was 5 years ago. Harry was pacing about his room when a snowy white owl flew in with a parcel and a small bunch of letters.
"Hedwig, 'bout bloody time you got here" Harry said.
The owl seemed to have take this personally as she flew onto Harry's shoulder and pecked him twice on the head, and then dropped the letters and parcel onto his bed.

Harry seemed to have sunk into a bad mood ever since his trip to the Department of Mysteries a month ago. He was also plagued by bad dreams which started of with a shadow torturing Sirius, and ended with Sirius falling through the Veil. Harry naturally assumed that the figure was Voldemort, and he also naturally blamed himself for the death of Sirius.

Because of the bad mood Harry was in, he barely talked to anybody and spent most of his time wandering around the streets. Though the order did check up with him once in a while, they didn't know what he did while he was out. Also, the Dursleys didn't bother making him do chores or even check up on him, and Harry was grateful for that.

Harry opened the letters and quickly skimmed through them. Hermione has said something about staying at the Burrow for the rest of the summer to help Ginny study for her OWLs, as if he cared. Ron said something about coming back from his visit to Bill in Egypt which was suspiciously the same day as Hermione was to stay at the Burrow; Harry smirked at the idea. The last letter was attached to the parcel. Surprising, it was from Ginny. This time he actually read it, instead of skimming.

Dear Harry

I know this letter may come as a surprise to you since you probably didn't expect a letter from "Ron's little sister" but anyways, I'm coming to pick you up from those horrible Dursley's tomorrow night. The order decided that its better that they send me instead of a bunch of aurors since the ministry has got their eye on you to make sure nothing happens. Anyways, the parcel I sent you is some food. The last time Professor Lupin checked up on you, he said you looked as if you hadn't eaten for weeks.

P.S. The reason they didn't send Ron or Hermione is because they're occupied at the moment with Ron being in Egypt and Hermione traveling the world with her parents
Love Ginny


Harry then opened the parcel and found that there was an assortment of candy, ranging from Chocolate Frogs to what looked like glowing lemon drops. He picked a chocolate frog since he knew the lemon drops were most likely to be a Weasly’s Wizarding Wheezes, and therefore, would probably make him sick or turn him into some kind of animal. When he tore open the chocolate frog, he stared in wonder at the card that was inside, for it was a picture of him. He immediately threw it away without reading it because he knew it would probably just have some lies written about him. He lay on his bed, thinking about who could possibly have the power to put him onto a chocolate frog card. After a couple of minutes, he dozed of, and luckily, it was a deep dreamless slumber.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*


Harry woke up with a start, and when he realized that he had slept longer than he intended to, he cursed under his breath. He quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt. He then ate some more candy from the parcel and then snuck out through the window. He wandered for a while and when he a father and a son playing on the swings, his tears began to water.
He quickly wiped away the tears and kept walking. He sat in a park bench and began to meditate. Normally, it would look as if he had dozed of by inside his mind, Harry was building a mental barrier against Voldermort to make sure that nothing like Sirius would happen to anybody else.

After a couple of hours, he heard a scream. When he opened his eyes, he saw that the sun was on the horizon. He heard the scream again and then a thought ran though his head
“Ginny” he said. He thought the scream sounded familiar and when he ran to the direction of the scream, he saw that Dudley and his crew was approaching in on a small figure. Harry then stepped in front of Ginny drew out his wand. Seeing Harry with his wand out made Dudley back off. When Ginny saw this, she also drew out her wand pointed it at the group of people. Dudley told his crew to back of and run away and they did. When they were alone, Harry heard small sobs coming from Ginny.

“Did they hurt you in any way?” Harry said, “Cause if they did, I could go hex “
“Who where they, Harry?” Ginny said with tears streaking down her face
“Don’t worry” Harry reassured her, “They’re only my cousin and his goons”
Ginny looked up in surprise, “The big one was your cousin?” Ginny said as her lip trembled.
“Don’t worry, I wont let them hurt you” Harry reassured her, and they walked together back to the Dursley’s residence.



A/N: Sorry bout this, first fanfic ever and I ran out of ideas for tonight.
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear