Search:

SIYE Time:18:09 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Definitely Not My Sister
By Chromatix

- Text Size +

Category: Summer Challenge (2005-4)
Characters:None
Genres: Humor
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 30
Summary: Something very strange is happening to Harry and Ginny. Can they put it right before her brothers find out?
Hitcount: Story Total: 8742







ChapterPrinter


Winner of SIYE's Summer (4-2005) Challenge for Best Overall
Definitely Not My Sister

Harry Potter turned over lazily, trying to get away from a bright sunbeam that was shining on his face. He vaguely wondered that he'd never quite been woken by this particular method before, but since his bed felt so comfortable right now, he had absolutely no desire to leave it. Come to that, he couldn't remember his bed at the Dursleys' ever being this comfortable, but he wasn't about to complain. Without opening his eyes, he burrowed deeper into his pillow and went back to sleep.

A little later, he heard Mrs. Weasley come in. She dropped a pile of clothes on the foot of his bed, said "Breakfast is nearly ready, dear. Hurry up if you want it hot," and left again. He smiled gently in his drowsiness - he could do with the occasional nice dream, after all.

Wait a second. Is it a dream?

Harry cautiously opened his eyes and turned back over. His smile was quickly replaced by a puzzled frown. He'd never seen this room before, as far as he could remember, and it definitely wasn't in Surrey. A gentle, fresh-smelling breeze blew in by the window, and the morning sun streamed in, lighting the large pile of clean laundry on the end of the bed. There was something odd about the decor of the room - it was tasteful, to be sure, but it seemed... feminine.

Oh dear. He must be in Ginny's room. But Mrs. Weasley hadn't commented on this when she left the clothes, which was itself a puzzle...

Sighing, Harry pushed the covers off himself, swung his legs out... and stopped short, looking down at himself. He was sure his sighs didn't usually sound like that, and his body felt decidedly different to normal as well. He soon discovered that it looked different too. Either he'd turned into... Harriet Potter, or...

Trying not to think about future life in the same dormitory as Hermione and Lavender, he stood up and padded over to the mirror. When he saw his reflection, he didn't know whether to laugh with relief or cringe with embarrassment. He wasn't Harriet, but he was Ginny. At least she seems to sleep in something vaguely modest, he thought. But how did this happen? Where's the real Ginny? And what am I going to do about it?

Since he seemed to have acquired the Weasley appetite along with Ginny's body, breakfast seemed to be the best idea to begin with. Hopefully there weren't too many Weasley brothers around to notice if he wasn't really acting like Ginny... but he'd better put on that dressing gown on the back of the door. Were those slippers over there, too? They were fluffy, but not too girly...

*

Breakfast had been tricky for Harry. Fred and George hadn't been there, fortunately, and Ron had been more interested in his food than his sister, but that left Bill and Charlie, plus their parents, free reign to scrutinise "Ginny" and notice anything out of character. Harry was left painfully aware that he didn't know the elder Weasley brothers anywhere near as well as he should, but rallied well enough with a witty comeback to Charlie's jibe about pining for a boyfriend. At least he knew Ginny could be spirited when roused.

When he thankfully made his way back upstairs, he found Hedwig waiting for him with a letter. The handwriting was unfamiliar, but it said "To Harry, in Ginny's room" on the front. Opening the letter proved it to be from Ginny, equally confused as to why she had landed in Privet Drive.

"Clever girl, aren't you," said Harry softly, though whether to Hedwig or Ginny, even he wasn't quite sure. With a jolt, he realised that he would have to get dressed. In Ginny's clothes. Without looking odd. With this in mind, he quickly wrote a letter back to Ginny, trying to ask the obvious questions as tactfully as possible.

In the meantime, he'd better try and see what there was to wear. He came across a couple of summer dresses, which he was sure would look very pretty on Ginny, but which he definitely wasn't confident enough to wear himself. No, a shirt and jeans would be much better. The problem was in what to wear under them, and how. Supposing he should try and work out the problem so that Ginny's eventual reply would make more sense, he took off the dressing gown, took a deep breath, and gingerly removed the nightdress he'd woken up in.

Well, he thought, looking in the mirror once more. Those freckles really do go everywhere. Shoulders, arms, chest... my word, chest!

Harry now sported a blush that he would have considered extremely cute, had it not actually been on him. I'm supposed to be working out how to put a bra on, he told himself sternly, but couldn't resist turning around to see what everything looked like from the side.

Quite frankly, Harry was beginning to be very glad that his more physical reactions weren't quite so visible as if he were himself. At least I know I'm still fundamentally male, he chuckled to himself. I wonder whether Ginny's having similar... difficulties getting me dressed? No, bad thoughts Potter, Bad Thoughts!

His train of thought was gratefully interrupted by Hedwig's return with another letter. With a no-nonsense tone, Ginny explained quite clearly how to put her bra on, and what to make absolutely sure to do up before leaving her bedroom. In case you're wondering, I did manage to get dressed and evade the Dursleys for you - I've found a quiet spot in the park where Hedwig won't be noticed. I don't want to spend a minute longer in that house than can be helped.

"You're way ahead of me, then", muttered Harry, digging through the pile for the plainest-looking bra in sight. He fastened it with some difficulty, adjusted it into position, and finished reading the letter.

*

G inny sighed and leaned back against the tree she'd found, part of a small dense wood that seemed out of place in the middle of Little Whinging. It suited her purposes just fine, however, being the right shape to lean against, and secluded from prying eyes. She knew that an Order operative was somewhere nearby, but was leaving "Harry" to his own devices as much as possible.

Breakfast with the Dursleys had been horrible. Dudley had wolfed down nearly everything "Aunt" Petunia had ordered her to cook, while "Uncle" Vernon had glared at her with undisguised contempt from behind his Muggle newspaper. She'd only managed to save one bacon rasher and a small fried egg to quieten Harry's complaining stomach, and that hadn't been nearly enough. She'd known life was hard to Harry, but to actually experience it was something else entirely.

Oh well, here was Hedwig again. She really hoped that her instructions had been clear enough - she'd certainly had to fight down a blush to write them. Teaching Harry Potter to put on a bra? Come to that, she'd spent enough time staring at him in the mirror this morning. Oh yes, Harry, you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of.

"Come on, Hedwig, let's see what's up this time," she said softly. Damn, it sounds weird to hear Harry saying what I'm thinking. Now, what's he really saying?

Hmm... so he has taken a good look at me, however embarrassed he is to admit it. Good. Now I just have to convince him that Dean isn't my boyfriend - I can't believe he took that comment seriously.

Good, he's even managed to get dressed. See, I told him it wasn't difficult! He's found my secret stash of boys' socks... rats... and put his own pair on? Okay, maybe not so bad, then. He's even going out with my brothers to play Quidditch, before they all come to collect me... what?!?

Of course. It's his birthday tomorrow, and we want Harry at home to enjoy it for once. Come to think of it, they're sure to ask me stuff only Harry should know, for identification, and I'm not sure my mental Harry-encyclopaedia is big enough to cope. Oh dear...

Ooh. Harry's telling me where his secret stash is. That should help with the hunger pangs, as I very much doubt lunch will be any better than breakfast was. I suppose I'd better get myself back inside, then.

Ginny picked herself up, held out an arm to let Hedwig settle on it, and walked reluctantly back towards Privet Drive.

*

"D amn, Ginny, watch where you're going!"

"I know exactly where I'm going, Charlie, it's you that's too slow to get out of the way."

It was true. Charlie Weasley, former Gryffindor Seeker, was no match for Ginny's body and Harry's mind on even an old, borrowed Cleansweep Five. Needless to say, Harry's team was winning easily, especially as Bill wasn't as good a Keeper as Ron.

Remus Lupin's voice called an end to the game. He had another broomstick in his hands, though he had made no attempt to mount it. He beckoned "Ginny" over to him.

"All right, little one?"

"Am I so little these days?" asked Harry, putting on a pout.

Remus laughed. "Okay, okay, point taken. We'd like you to help in today's operation, for once. We think Harry could do with a friendly face on his side when we pick him up."

Harry tried not to look too eager, but then his eye fell on the broom Remus was holding.

"Is that...?"

"Yes, it's Harry's Firebolt," said Remus, chuckling. "After lunch, I'm going to Disillusion you and this broom, and you'll fly as fast as it will take you to Privet Drive - which should be plenty fast enough. We'll meet you there, and then you and he will fly back together."

Harry remembered just in time that Ginny would not normally expect to be able to hold or ride his Firebolt, and restrained his excited grab into a tentative touch. "So... I'll be riding behind... him? On this broom?"

"Yes. I thought you might enjoy that," said Remus with a slightly feral grin. "Professor Dumbledore thought Harry might enjoy it too."

*

The Firebolt was indeed fast. Riding in the slipstream of some Tornado jets that happened to be going in the right direction, he took less than half an hour to reach Surrey from Devon. It wasn't long at all before he could peel away from the jets within sight of Guildford, and drop in on Little Whinging. Soon, he spotted Privet Drive, and landed neatly in the back garden.

At the back door, a gruff voice told him, "Stop." Recognising the voice as Moody's, he did so, keeping a hand on the wand in his back pocket. Ginny's arse feels pretty good, both inside and out... Focus Potter!

"What creature were you involved with in your first year?" barked Moody.

Fortunately I know this one, he thought. "Basilisk," he snapped testily. "How'd you lose that buttock, Moody?"

"None of your damn business."

"Constant vigilance, eh? Now, how'd I even know it was your buttock you lost?"

"Shut up and get inside, Weasley. Tonks has been opening her big mouth again, I shouldn't wonder. I need you to identify Potter for us, and you can't do that still invisible."

*

As Harry paused in front of his bedroom door, it was yanked open, and a wand-point was thrust into his chest.

"Who came to help us in the Chamber?" hissed his own, familiar voice.

"Fawkes, the phoenix," he hissed back. "Um, where did we first meet?"

"Oh! Outside Platform nine and three-quarters," came the reply. "Er... I wouldn't have got in there without you," continued "Harry", somewhat shyly. The wand was shoved back into a pocket, and Harry saw a relieved grin on his own face. It looked slightly out of place.

"Good enough. Is everything packed?"

"I think so. How are we going?"

Harry grinned, and held up the Firebolt. "On this."

*

Ha rry's trunk had been moved by Floo, Hedwig had been set free to fly by herself, and Ginny - still as Harry - had got a taste of flying the Firebolt at full throttle, with Harry holding tight behind her.

Harry had found the day very tiring, pretending to be Ginny, and fell asleep on Ginny's bed, while Ginny was in Ron's room, sleeping off a very large meal that Mrs. Weasley had put in front of her the moment they got home. Ron himself was out in the garden, having been set to de-gnoming.

The sun was dipping low in the sky when dinner was announced. Bill was sent upstairs to rouse the younger teenagers, meeting Charlie as he came out of the bathroom. He pushed open the door to Ginny's room, and stopped short. There, across Ginny's bed, lay Harry Potter, wearing the same clothes as Ginny had been earlier in the day. The two brothers stared for a moment, looked at each other in disbelief, then looked back at Harry, who slept on unaware.

Just as Bill opened his mouth, Ginny pushed past him into the room, wearing Harry's clothes, which were all rather too big for her - she was holding up the trousers with one hand to prevent a scene.

"Leave him alone," she said firmly. "He's got a lot of food to digest, and he'll come down for dinner when he's ready."

"But what about your clothes?" protested Charlie. "I don't believe for a moment you two were just playing dress-up."

Ginny grimaced. "Blame the twins for that one," she said. "One of their more childish pranks, I think. Now shove off - I've got to change."

"With Harry in there with you?"

"I'm not about to wake him up, don't be silly," replied Ginny, and shut the door firmly in their faces.

*

Un seen, from around the corner of the stairs, two identical freckled faces shared a gleeful look.

"Well, that didn't go off quite as planned..." began George.

"...but it's still wicked!" finished Fred.

"Did you see the look on Bill's face?"

"Did you see that Ginny was wearing Harry's boxers?"

There was a moment's pause, then both twins burst into laughter.

*

"Do have some more, Harry dear."

"No thanks, Mrs. Weasley - I'm still digesting my second lunch."

"Oh, I forgot to thank you, Harry..." said Ginny.

"What for?"

"Um, letting me ride back with you."

Harry smiled gently. "You can ride my broomstick whenever you like, Ginny."

Fred and George simultaneously choked on their drinks.

Ginny leaned close to Harry, and whispered, "Revenge is sweet, isn't it?"

"Oh yes," he replied. "And you're definitely not my sister."


Word count: 2440

A/N: I'm planning to put up an extended version of this, using the same plot but with more detail, as this version sounds too fast-paced as it is. The 2500-word limit really does turn out to be rather tight.

Reviews 30
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear