Search:

SIYE Time:0:29 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


On the Train
By fieryredphoenix

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: Harry and Ginny are on the train at King's Cross and something happens.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7447







ChapterPrinter


On the entire train ride home, Harry avoided Ginny’s gaze as he sat across from her in their compartment. The compartment was oddly quiet. Dumbledore’s death had come as a shock to all of them and they could not bear to say a word. Somehow, Hermione and Ron had ended up in a tight tangle in the seat next to Ginny and were now kissing fondly. Harry had pulled the Invisibility Cloak over them to spare Ginny and himself the agony and torture. He could not bear to look into Ginny’s questioning eyes for more than a moment before quickly staring out the window at the dismal countryside. How could he tell her, how could he explain to her that not being with her was the only way he could protect her from Voldemort?

But then he remembered. He remembered their first kiss, how wonderful it felt just to hold her in his arms and forget the piercing glares from Dean, Romilda, and Ron. He remembered her soft touch, how her breath felt on his cheek, how her face was framed in that beautiful, fiery, red hair. As he remembered that day, the monster stirred in his chest as it had not for a long time. Ginny was everything he had ever hoped for. His heart was ripped in two as he weighed the consequences. All he knew was that he would do whatever he could to protect Ginny, even if he had to die for her.

Before he knew it, the train was lurching to a stop at King’s Cross Station. Hermione, Ron, and Ginny were already pulling down their trunks before Harry snapped out of his daydream. Lazily, Harry reached up, grabbed for his trunk and Hedwig’s cage and began to lug them off the train without a word. He knew he would much rather see the Dursley’s mortified faces at his return than have to bear the heartbreaking agony of saying goodbye to Ginny.

But before he could even get through the compartment door, Ginny was tugging gently at his elbow, effectively pulling him back into the compartment. He turned around and there she was, standing in front of the window all by herself. Harry could not refrain from thinking about how beautiful she looked with the sunlight gleaming on her blazing hair as he dropped his trunk on the floor.

“We need to talk,” said Ginny, taking a step towards him.

“About what?” asked Harry, suddenly realizing how very alone they were.

“About us. Why can’t we be together? Tell me the truth,” she asked.

Those last words sounded oddly familiar. “Ginny,” Harry reached up and wiped away the tear forming in the corner of her eye. “How many times do I have to tell you? I can’t risk Voldemort finding out about you.” He felt his own hot tears trickling down his face at the thought of losing Ginny. “Last time, Riddle used you as bait to get to me, to kill me and you almost died. I can’t let that happen ever again.”

“Harry, we were only twelve then. Do the past four years mean nothing to you? What about the D.A.? I know so much more now thanks to you. I can take care of myself.”

With those last words, Harry completely lost his voice. He could not bring himself to speak. He knew that she was exactly right. Had she not proven herself capable in the Department of Mysteries? Had she not fought with Death Eaters just four days ago at Hogwarts and survived without so much as a scratch? Harry suddenly realized how very strong and powerful she really was.

Ginny took a step closer. “Vol-Voldemort is going to find out anyway. He has ways of knowing these things, you said so yourself. I don’t care what happens to us, as long as we’re together.”

Harry knew he felt the exact same way, but could not bring himself to say so. Ginny was right as always, and that was what he liked about her. It was inevitable. Voldemort would find out about her and there was nothing Harry could do about it.

Harry and Ginny were standing so close now that Harry was forced to look her straight in the eye. “I love you, Ginny,” He whispered in her ear. More than you’ll ever know. “but I don’t want to lose you.”

Ginny pulled his head toward hers. They were tightly interlocked now. Harry leaned forward and kissed her. Ginny stroked his back. “You won’t. I love you and I’ll always be right behind you.”

***

Harry was unaware of how much time had passed when the train whistle screeched. Reluctantly, he let go of Ginny and stared deeply into her eyes as he held her in his arms. “We’d better go.” He whispered.

“Right,” said Ginny. “I don’t want Mum and Da to worry more than is necessary under the circumstances.”

Locomotor trunks,” said Harry and he steered the floating trunks carefully off the train, Ginny on his heels. They quickly spotted Mr. and Mrs. Weasley (seeing as they were the only ones left in the station) amidst a small crowd of people. As they got closer, Harry recognized Lupin, Tonks, Fred and George, Bill and Fleur, and Charlie waiting eagerly for them. Ron and Hermione were noticeably absent from the group. With a quick glance around, Harry spotted Ron emerging from the train followed by Hermione.

As soon as Mr. Weasley saw them, Harry heard him mutter to Lupin “Well that’s all of them. We’d better get going. I’ve got to drop Harry off…” but the rest of his words were drowned away as Ron ran up beside Harry, panting slightly.

“Well, what happened?” inquired Ron

“You first,” said Harry.

Harry could distinctly hear the words ‘snogging’ and ‘romantic’ coming from Hermione, Ginny, Fleur, and Tonks’ giggling huddle as they made their way down the street and back towards number four, Privet Drive.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear