Search:

SIYE Time:21:54 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


One Day In Hogsmeade
By B R Cary

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 10
Summary: One day in Hogsmeade discoveries are made.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4431







ChapterPrinter


One Day in Hogsmeade

By B R Cary

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Harry Potter characters, but I wish I did.

Cho Chang-Anderson looked around her cluttered living room and gave a deep sigh. It seemed no matter how many times she straightened up, a pile of toys returned moments later. While she loved her daughter, this was not how she envisioned her life. After all, she had been voted "Most Likely to Succeed" by her fellow housemates at Hogwarts. Now look at her. Cho knew that being a stay at home mother was a noble choice and she wouldn't have minded it so much if she at least knew that her husband, Simon, appreciated it, but he didn't. He expected her to have dinner on the table when he got home, then he would leave to go to the pub with his friends, leaving her home alone with only their daughter for company. Simon had been so romantic when they had met three years ago right after Cho had graduated, but as soon as they had gotten married and had a baby nine months later, all that changed.

Sighing again, Cho walked into the kitchen to get dinner started. As she went to the pantry, she realized that she was out of some of the ingredients she needed for the dinner Simon had requested, no demanded, she make that night. Hurrying back to the living room, she scooped up Megan, who had been playing happily on the floor. Putting Megan's cloak around her, she put her in the stroller, then she grabbed her own cloak. Walking out the door, she made sure the locking charms were on the house and headed down the street towards the main shopping area of Hogsmeade.

A little while later, Cho was leaving the small grocery store when she saw someone that caused her to catch her breath. Though she had seen recent photos of him in Witch Weekly and The Daily Prophet, they did not do him justice. He had grown much taller in the three years she had seen him last and filled out some, no longer the scrawny boy he had been. There was also a calmness about him that he had lacked during his school days, but, then again, his life at the time had been nothing but chaos.

Not really wanting to be seen, Cho quickly headed down the street only to be stopped by a deep voice calling out her name. Turning, she said, "Hello, Harry." She could not help but notice that up close Harry had gotten to be an extremely handsome man. The messy black hair, glasses, and the deep green eyes that had always defined him were still there, but now they added to his overall appearance, not distract from it. "What brings you to Hogsmeade?"

"Believe it or not, house hunting. The Weasley's have been kind enough to put up me with me for this long," Harry said, laughing softly.

For the first time since she had known him, Cho noticed that Harry had a nice laugh. Maybe it was because she had never heard it before, she didn't know, but she suddenly had the urge to hear it much more often. "Well, it will be nice to have an old schoolmate close by."

"Oh, you live around here." Harry held his hand up. "Wait, don't answer that. Why else would you be here pushing a pram with the back loaded with groceries? I'm sorry. I'm keeping you from something, aren't I?"

"No," Cho replied, even though she knew that if she didn't hurry Simon's dinner would not be ready by the time he got home. It was much too nice having the attention of man again that she didn't care that Simon would be angry. "I just stopped by the store for some dinner supplies, but it's nothing that can't wait to get started." When Harry broke into a smile, Cho felt her heart skip a beat. Maybe, just maybe, Harry was still interested in her. She had never entertained the idea of cheating on Simon before, but with Harry it just might be worth it. Then Cho noticed that Harry wasn't looking at her, but rather over her shoulder. Turning, she saw a pretty red-head coming toward them. Her heart sank and embarrassment came over her as she realized that Harry had not smiled because of her, but because of the girl that had come to join them.

"Oh, Harry, I think I found the perfect place. It's the cutest, little cottage and the garden is absolutely beautiful," the girl said, excitement evident in her features and body language.

Harry started laughing again. "Already decided without me, have we, Gin," he said, causing the girl to blush. "Gin, you remember Cho, don't you?"

As the girl turned to face her, Cho suddenly realized who the girl was - Ginny Weasley, the youngest sister of Harry's best friend, Ralph, or something like that. She remembered Ginny briefly from their time in the DA together and from what Michael Corner had spoken of her, though that had not been all that flattering. Cho remembered Ginny as being a petite, too skinny girl with worn robes and messy, red hair. The girl who stood in front of her possessed none of those things, expect the red hair which now, however, lay shiny and straight. Though Ginny was not nearly as beautiful as Cho herself was, she was exceptionally pretty in a girl next door kind of way. She had gotten taller and filled out a bit. Her robes were of good quality and enhanced her figured quite nicely. On the whole, Ginny Weasley cut a striking figure and actually made Cho a bit envious.

"It's nice to see you again, Cho," Ginny said, pleasantly.

"And you as well, Ginny," Cho responded.

Suddenly Ginny noticed the stroller. "Oh, is this little one yours?"

Cho reached into the stroller and picked up Megan, who was once again awake after having fallen asleep in the store. "Yes," she said as she tuned Megan toward Ginny and Harry.

Ginny waved her hand and Megan waved back, giggling as she did. "She's absolutely adorable."

"Thank you."

"I just love babies. It's such a shame none of my brothers have had any yet," Ginny said, sadly.

"Your mother thinks it's about time that they did," Harry added. "I would have to agree with her."

"Oh, you're just scared because Mum said the other day that she hopes that one of her children breaks her record and we were the only ones there at the time," Ginny laughed, playfully swatting Harry on the arm.

It was then that Cho noticed the ring on Ginny's left hand and pieced everything together. Ginny wasn't here to help Harry find a house, but one that the two would share as they started a family together. Harry Potter 'The Boy Who Lived' was becoming 'The Boy Who Married'. "You two are engaged," she blurted out, then blushed at her lack of tact.

Harry took Ginny's hand in his and smiled. "Yes, we are. The wedding is next month."

"I haven't heard anything about it or read anything in the papers," Cho said, almost accusingly.

"We haven't told too many people because we want to keep the wedding a small affair, family only. We didn't want a big fuss or any media coverage. I mean, just my family alone is a large enough crowd," Ginny joked.

"Uh, I suppose congratulations are in order then."

Harry smiled again, looking at Ginny as he did. "Thank you. I can only speak for myself on this when I say I couldn't be happier."

Ginny blushed, then kissed Harry's check. "You know I feel the same way."

Cho turned away, wishing she could be anywhere else at the moment or, better, yet, maybe she should tell Harry and Ginny what marriage was really like, that the moment after the vows were said things began to change. Suddenly your once romantic lover who couldn't get enough of you wasn't coming home when he said he would, that he would go out with his friend instead of staying home like he promised. But the more she looked at Harry and Ginny the more Cho realized that what had happened to her with Simon wouldn't be the case for them. They had indeed found what she herself had once had long ago - true love, the kind of love that even death could not make you forget. Suddenly all the bitterness left her at seeing Harry and Ginny so happy. True, she did not that have that type of love now, but knew what it felt like and knew how special it was, so how could she begrudge them for finding it for themselves. It was something that needed to be treasured and helped to flourish. She also knew that throwing herself at Harry would not change her own circumstances, even if he would have gone along with the idea, which she knew now that he never would have. Besides, hadn't she and Harry proved long ago under the mistletoe that they just didn't have any chemistry. It was hard to when one's heart belonged to someone else. Her's would always belong to Cedric and Harry's, she suspected, had always belonged to Ginny, even back then. He just hadn't known it yet. "I hope you get to celebrate that happiness for a long, long time," she said softly.

"Thank you," Harry replied. "Well, we've probably shouldn't hold you up anymore."

"No trouble, but you two do have a house to go look at."

"It was nice seeing you again, Cho," Ginny said. "I hope we'll run into you again soon. You and your husband will have to come for dinner, if we have ever do choose a house."

"That would be lovely," Cho said and was surprised to find she actually meant it.

With a wave, Harry and Ginny walked off down the lane. A she watched them go, Cho held Megan a little closer to her. Yes, she could have has that kind of happiness had things turned out differently, but at least one blessing had came out of her current life. She kissed Megan's softhead and put her daughter back in the stroller. With that thought in mind, she headed home to start dinner.

Author's Note: The views in this story are Cho's and not mine. I wanted to explore a what-if story. It actually started out as a song-fic, but somehow changed along the way. Oh well, I hoped you liked it anyway.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear