Search:

SIYE Time:2:57 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Meeting The Weasleys
By JLaLa

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 250
Summary: What would you do if you met the woman of your dreams? Marry her, of course! When Harry Potter met Ginny Weasley, he never expected a new baby, magical inlaws and a complete crash course about the Wizarding World. Completely AU. HG/RHr. FINALLY complete.
Hitcount: Story Total: 64387; Chapter Total: 7471







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


All characters belong to J.K. Rowling

Meeting the Weasleys (Part Four)
By JLaLa

The sight of Petunia Dursley standing on front of them was enough to shut everyone up. Ginny stood at the doorway gaping at her. Harry and Hermione pulled apart to see the two women staring at one another. Ron, who was sitting on the couch, stood up as if to protect his sister from the woman that might cause her to get upset.

Petunia stood demurely in front of her. She looked like the picture of perfection, dressed in a peach colored blazer and skirt, her hair nicely done with makeup done prettily to accentuate her nicer features. Her eyes were bloodshot, and the dark circles could not be hidden though she was done up.

“Ginny, right?” Petunia said. “I apologize for my son's behavior. He's usually tolerable.” Harry had walked up from behind putting an arm protectively around his wife's shoulders looking at her curiously. Why would his aunt come to visit him? “I don't even know why I'm here.” She was wringing the white gloves in her hands. “Vernon had mentioned where you lived and I was in the neighborhood–I'll just be going.” With that she turned quickly, her dress shoes tapping against the floor.

“Wait!” Ginny called and rushed over to her. “Aunt Petunia, I'm sorry that I yelled in your house, it was impolite of me.” She did not know why she was being so nice to woman who had caused her husband so much pain. However, Petunia had come to them and something in her eyes told Ginny to not disregard her so quickly. “Would you like to come in?” Petunia's panicked face softened and she nodded.

Ginny walked with her, and passed Harry who was still holding the door in shock when they walked by. He closed it quickly and watched as Petunia walked about checking out the flat. Petunia stopped at the fireplace, and looked at their wedding picture and a picture that Ginny and Harry had taken with the Weasleys the day Ginny moved in. Then, almost painfully, she turned to look at the portrait of Lily and James.

“Aunt Petunia, why are you here?” Harry asked softly from where he stood.

“I was wondering,” She began as she turned to them. “If I might be able to call on you both tomorrow. There are some things of mine that I need to show you. I need you to know why I am the way I am, and why I did the things I did. Because there was--” Her eyes filled with tears. “Because I loved my sister despite what you believed.” Petunia wiped her eyes. “Two o' clock is alright?”

“Two o' clock, it is,” Harry responded and then got up to hand his Aunt a tissue. She smiled gratefully as she blew her nose softly. “Does it Uncle Vernon know that you came?”

“No,” she replied and then gave him a shaky smile. “He thinks I'm buying a new hat!” They laughed knowing that if Uncle Vernon found than that familiar purple shade would be flooding his face.

“You took a great risk coming down than,” Ginny said. “You would've made a great Gryffindor.”

“Just like Lily,” Petunia said softly as she looked at the girl. She looked at her watch. “Dudley will be picking me up in ten minutes, so I must be off.” Petunia bid them goodbye and Harry walked her out.

Ginny sat down and caressed her stomach. Her life was already getting complicated and she had to wonder how the baby would fit into it. Her husband came back and sat next to her. He put an arm around her and she leaned back.

“Strange day,” Harry remarked. She smiled at him and then turned to look at Ron and Hermione who were at the moment looking over an old spellbook that she owned. Hermione, however, wore a frown on her face and had sat a little farther away from Ron. Her brother continued talk to her with a sad frown on his face.

“And getting stranger,” she replied and then pulled him down for a kiss.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

They owled Dumbledore that very evening and he arrived quickly in a burst of bright green flame from their fireplace. Hermione shrieked and almost jumped into Ron's arms.

Not that he minded or anything.

Harry and Ginny made tea and the quartet plus Dumbledore sat in the kitchen. It was a strange sight for both Harry and Hermione who watched as the old wizard enchanted his spoon to stir his tea for him. Dumbledore sipped a little and then set the cup down gently. “Now Miss Granger, have you ever had any indication that you were a witch?”

Hermione sipped her tea and thought for a moment. Ron, who sat beside her, admired her delicate profile and wondered if he still had a chance with her. She refused to speak to him only asking about the book that been on Ginny's shelf. He was falling for her hard, he suddenly realized.

“My parents never allowed me to eat sweets,” Hermione recalled. “I use to hate it every Halloween because I felt left out and I'd wish for just one sweet. But the next morning, I'd find a drawer full of sweets. I never mentioned to my parents. I just thought that one of them had put it in there. But it happened everytime I'd really want a sweet or a book I couldn't find or my favorite stuff animal--”

She stopped at that and Dumbledore smiled at the pretty girl. Hermione Granger was a charming girl and he saw that Mr. Weasley was smitten with her. Dumbledore thought for a moment and then finally snapped his fingers. A pile of books sat on the dining table. “I think you would enjoy these Miss Granger, a selection of my favorite spellbooks that are still used at Hogwarts. You will be joining Mr. Potter for lessons.”

“When?” she asked eagerly.

“They will begin next week,” Dumbledore said. “But your teachers will be coming to meet you when they don't have classes. Expect one tomorrow.” Harry and Hermione nodded, a bit overwhelmed by everything. Ginny smiled fondly at them and recalled her days at Hogwarts. She was Head Girl during her seventh year and had worked hard for her grades which led to her internship at St. Mungo's.

She thought for a moment about Dean who she had met at Hogwarts. They had began seeing one another during Ron's graduation party and it had progressed rather quickly.

Come to think of it, she thought, a lot of the relationships she had been in evolved rather quickly.

“Are they going to be sorted or anything?” Ron asked.

“I don't think it's necessary but maybe just for curiousity's sake...” Dumbledore snapped his fingers and an old wizard hat appeared. He promptly placed it on Hermione's mass of curls and she turned to Ron smiling in excitement.

Harry looked at the hat and saw that it seemed to be grinning at him.

“Another Potter, eh?” The hat bellowed and then looked down at Hermione. “But let us deal with Miss Granger, shall we?” Hermione bit her lip unsure on why she was nervous. “Very intelligent I see but there is much more to you. You are a loyal person, and willing to do anything to help those you care about. I think you would've been in--”

The hat turned to Dumbledore seeming almost exasperating.

“Must I?”

“It won't seem real unless you do,” Dumbledore teased with a twinkle in his eye.

“Alright, alright,” The hat responded and sighed. “You belong in GRYFFINDOR!” Ron and Ginny clapped enthusiasticaly and Hermione beamed.

“Everyone in our family has been in Gryffindor,” Ginny informed him as Hermione removed the hat.

Dumbledore then placed it on Harry's head.

“Bloody hell, Dumbledore,” The hat said. “It's clear that he's a Gryffindor. He's brave enough to marry a Weasley!”

“Humor me,” replied Dumbledore unfazed by the hat's annoynace.

“Fine,” mumbled the Sorting Hat. “You belong in–this is very unnecessary-- GRYFFINDOR!”

Harry grinned in spite of the fact that he felt a little silly. Ginny kissed him squarely on the lips and he let himself enjoy the feel of her soft lips against his--

“You know that while I'm still on your head, I know everything you're thinking,” The hat said to him and Harry blushed realizing that the kiss has brought some rather ilicit thoughts to his mind. “Everything.”

“Please spare us the snogfest,” Ron said to them.

“Don't be jealous, Ron,” Ginny said as they pulled away from each other. “I'm sure if you beg hard enough than Hermione will let you see her new underwear.”

“Well if she's willing--”

“Can you get any more desperate?” Hermione said with a scowl.

She really didn't wish to discuss intimate subjects such as her lingerie in front of the Headmaster and a talking hat.

Dumbledore smiled and remembered a time when he was young and look at the people before him. He saw in Hermione, his own thirst for knowledge, in Ron, he saw his protectiveness for the ones he cared for, in Ginny, his loving nature, and in Harry, he saw his own bravery. Harry had impressed him beyond measure. Despite the years of physical and mental abuse by the Dursleys, Harry had become a good man. He had often wished to go back to the Dursleys and take Harry away.

Then he remembered that he had promised Lily and James.

“I should be on my way,” he said standing up and then he turned to Harry. “Perhaps when you are free, you can floo to Hogwarts so that we might a private chat.” Harry nodded eagerly, for he had many questions that needed to answered. He took the hat and gave them a smile. “Oh and Mr. Weasley?” Ron looked up at him.

“Yes Professor?”

“Try not to be so desperate.”



0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o000o0o0o0o0o0o0

Hermione glanced at her watch later that night. It had been a long night for her. Only hours ago, she was excitedly getting ready for her date with Ron. There was something about Ron that had made her heart skip a beat. She could hardly breathe thinking about him. It was strange that she had never looked for someone to like, to even possibly love but here it was possibly in front of her. People spent their lives looking for that person. So when she had called Ron to let him know that she was ready, it had almost killed her to hear that woman's voice.

It killed her more to know that it was killing her. Hermione had put down the phone and then sat on her bed before going to Harry and Ginny's. She had let a set of two very large teardrops fall from her perfectly made up face. Pain wasn't something she was accustomed to.

Heartbreak wasn't either.

These emotions had set fire to her insides. She was angry, heartbroken (though she would never admit it), and most of all, hurt. It was like everything inside had flowed together right in the middle of her body in a giant ball, churning and bubbling like a brew. When she had saw Ron at Harry and Ginny's, dressed up and looking great, it had made her crazy and that ball inside her exploded. She felt it rushing through her like a soundwave that extended throughout the living room. It was when every glass object in the house was broken was she able to let it go and admit in semi-nervous breakdown what she was so desperately to deny.

She, Hermione Granger, was falling for Ron Weasley.

And she hated it.

They had joked about her new underwear and she had been animated at the thought of beginning wizarding cirriculum but every time she glanced at Ron it made her insides hurt.

“I have to take off,” Hermione said after Dumbledore had left. “I need to get some reading done.” She hugged Ginny and Harry when they stood up. Turning to go the door, she was suddenly face to face with the one person she didn't wish to look in the eye. Ron looked at her with something in his eyes. “I'll see you two tomorrow.”

With that she brushed past him not seeing the look that Ginny was giving her brother. Ron knew that the situation was a mess and perhaps when he was younger he might've shy away from fear of confrontation. However, he was different now and Hermione was different from any woman he had ever met.

He rushed out into the hallway seeing Hermione leaving. Her black dress swayed as she walked gracefully. “Wait!” He called out and caught up with her. Hermione looked at him with sadness in her beautiful eyes. “I'm sorry about all this. Lavender was my girlfriend. She wanted to get married. I didn't. Not to her anyway.” He took her hand and her eyes seemed to widen a little. “Then I met you. You're clever and beautiful. You're everything I never knew I wanted. Give me a chance to beg for your forgiveness.”

Her eyes were filled with tears and she wiped them quickly. “I'm sorry Ron,” she said. “I heard her on the phone and freaked out. I'm a little frightened about us. I've never thought of looking for someone and then you were here. I have no idea what to do.” She laughed a little and he smiled sheepishly.

“I have no idea either,” He replied. “We can take it as it comes. You're the one I want, Hermione.” She smiled and he pulled her close to him. Hermione pressed herself a little more towards his muscular body. Ron felt his face grow hot. “Come over tonight. I'll make you dinner.” Hermione nodded. “Hold on to me.”

They apparated silently from the hallway and when Hermione opened her eyes, she was standing in another hallway. It was painted a warm mahogany unlike the simple off-white hall towards Harry and Ginny's flat. She saw a small window at the end of the hallway. When she approached it, Hermione saw that they were no longer in London.

“Let's go,” Ron said and took her hand. Taking his wand, he put into the keyhole and opened the door. Hermione looked at him curiously. “When a wizard or witch owns property their wand is registered as the only key until the day they moved or don't pay rent.”

“What if there more than one person living in the house?” Hermione asked. When they entered she was amazed at the size of it. The living room was painted a light golden yellow but the furniture along with the curtains were made of velvet and were colored burgundy. A fire roared in the hearth lighting the room in soft, romantic light.

“Than in that event, her wand would be added to the registry,” Ron said softly and her cheeks turned red. “But there is also a Muggle key. It's charmed so that if the person is untrustworthy than it won't work.” He went over to the large curtains and pulled the gold cord. When it was pulled opened, she was greeted by a huge window overlooking the village they were in. Hermione walked over to it and Ron looked at her appreciating her beauty against the moonlight. She looked just like she had the day he had met her.

Ron walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her. She leaned back against him and took in the sights. Streetlamps glowed softly as they look out reflecting against the cobblestone road. She could swear she was hearing soft music in the distance.

“Where are we?” she asked.

“Hogsmeade,” Ron said to her. “It's a wizard town and that--” He pointed to the castle in the distance. “--is Hogwarts, your new school.”

“Amazing,” Hermione replied and then turned to him sitting on the window's ledge. “Thank you for showing me this.” She looked at the high ceiling and immense space of his living room. “I love your place and I haven't even seen the rest.”

“It looks a lot like the Gryffindor common room,” he said to her and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Hermione was in uncommonly bold mood so she pulled him closed against her slim body. Ron swallowed the lump in his throat, she looked gorgeous in her curve-hugging, black dress which flared only slightly at the skirt. Her hair was in soft curls just barely passed her shoulders. “ After dinner, can I kiss you goodbye?”

She smiled and pulled him so close that their lips were only inches apart.

“Sure, tomorrow morning.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Ha rry awoke the next morning to the sound of retching coming from their restroom. Getting up, he took the pitcher of water on the bedside table and poured a glass. Opening the drawer, he removed a pack of saltines and went to the bathroom. The sound of retching became louder as he approached and Harry entered just as Ginny finished.

Harry sat next to her and handed her the glass of water. She accepted the water gratefully and drank slowly. Without anything said between them, Harry then handed her the pack of saltines and she ate the stack quickly. It always stopped the stomach churning.

Their eyes met, and Ginny smiled softly at him. They had only been married a little over two months and yet she felt like they had known one another forever. She had always been restless her whole life. Her mother said she always seem to be searching for something but Ginny was never really felt sure of what. When she looked at Harry, she knew more and more that it was him that she was searching for and Ginny had never felt so content. Her eyes filled with tears at the thought.

“Merlin! I hate THIS!” she said suddenly as she burst into tears. “Why do I always end up crying?!” Harry pulled her to him and held her for a moment. The hormones were driving her up the wall and he knew it. There would times that she would read something or he would say something and Ginny was crying. She pulled away from him, red faced with tears pouring from her eyes looking frustrated. “Harry! For goodness sakes, SEDATE ME!”

“It's just the hormones,” Harry replied calmly and she gave him a sour look. It angered her even more because it was as if he was placating her as if she was a child.

He closed his mouth and scolded himself.

He had made her angry.

Again.

“I'm not a mad Harry,” she said breaking the silence as she wiped her eyes. “I'm exhausted and I look horrible. Two months of marriage and I let myself go. I don't feel like me anymore.” She sighed tossing her abundant red hair from her face. “I bet you're wondering why you married me.”

“Do you know when I think you're the most beautiful?” he asked and Ginny shook her head. “When you're smiling. I'm just want to spend my life making you happy so that you'll always smile at me that way.” He kissed her forehead. “So don't ever wonder why I married you because everyday since we've been married, I wake up and sit next to you on our cold tiled floor wondering how I got so lucky.” Ginny smiled at him and kissed his cheek than sat back near him.

“How many more months of this?” she asked him and lean against him.

“Too many,” Harry replied and kissed her forehead. Ginny looked at Harry with an appreciative smile. He wore only his pajama bottoms showing off his muscular stomach and she had to admit that he look rather fetching. “Liking what you see?”

“Don't be so cocky,” she scolded him and then blushed. Harry laughed. “That came out wrong, didn't it?”

“Yes it did.” Harry lifted her up and she squealed. “But I like you vulgar. Let me show you how much I like you.”

Carrying her to the hallway, they pass the living room. Kissing Ginny on the neck, Harry failed to see the two people standing in the room. Ginny, however, did.

She screamed.

And he dropped her.

Dumbledore chuckled looking at the newlyweds. Ginny scrambled to her feet and adjusted her nightgown. Beside Dumbledore was a pale man with that all too familiar black hair and somber attire, she almost groaned outwardly.

“Good morning Professor Dumbledore,” Ginny said and then looked at the other man. “Professor Snape.” He had been the bane of her existence in Hogwarts. Ginny had been very gifted in potions but never wanting to admit that his best student was not in Slytherin, he had worked her harder than anyone. They had a strange relationship, one of both affection and annoynace.

“Ginevra,” he responded but a bit more warmer than he might any other student. While he was not particular fond of her brothers, Ginny had been his prized student and her quick wit almost made him laugh. Snape had never been particularly fond of Gryffindors but Ginny had proved to him that not all of them would be so horrible. “I see that you have gotten yourself in trouble seeing that you've married a Potter.”

Harry looked at the sallow looking man. What had he done?

He stepped forward and held out his hand. “It's nice to meet you sir. I'm Harry Potter.” Snape begrudgingly took it and shook it.

“I'm perfectly fine, Severus,” Ginny said.

“It is Professor Snape,” he replied evenly.

“I don't attend your class anymore,” she replied cheekily.

“But your husband does,” Snape said and he saw that by the look in her eyes that he had won.

“Very well, Professor Snape,” Ginny said. “But please be nice to my husband.”
She walked out of the room though she didn't miss the amused look on all their faces.

“Mr. Potter, could I offer you a sedation potion?”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Ron awoke and look down at the sleeping woman. Hermione was a woman of few words and more action when she wanted to be. She was asleep on her chest and he admired her smooth, ivory back. Leaning down, he kissed the back of her shoulder and he felt her shift, her hair moving with her.

“That tickles,” Hermione said sleepily. She turned to him, her face makeup-less and her hair everywhere. It reminded him of the first day they had met and how beautiful he had thought she looked. “Good morning, Ron.” He kissed her softly.

“Come here,” he said and sat up. Hermione joined him sitting in between his legs and then leaned against his chest. The morning sun shone into the room and they could hear the sounds of the village coming alive.

“That balcony door hasn't been open this whole time, has it?” she asked as a breeze swept the room. It bothered her more because she hadn't noticed.

“Maybe,” Ron said as he kissed her hair. “Hermione?”

“Hmm?”

“I'm in love with you,” he whispered in her ear.

“I know,” Hermione said as she kissed him. A flurry of kisses followed and he held her tighter.

“Marry me.”

“WHAT?!”

She got up quickly knocking him over and onto the ground. Wrapping a sheet around her body, Hermione saw him looking up at her in surprise. Hermione couldn't believe that he was actually proposing. What surprised her even more was that she almost said yes.

“Are you insane?” Hermione said as he got up. “You're proposing to me while I'm NAKED?!”

“So?” he replied and she walked over to her clothes. Ron took a shirt from a nearby chair. “Put this on, it's more comfortable than the dress.” Hermione grabbed it from him and put it on quickly.

“It's crazy,” she informed him.

“Crazy because you don't want to marry me or crazy because you do,” Ron said. Her mouth hung in realization of what he had said and Hermione found herself unable to answer back.

“Ron? Are you home?” A muffled voice interupted and they turned to the closed door. The voice was clearly a female voice. “WON-WON?”

An annoying female voice.

“I cannot believe this,” Hermione said. “You proposed to me and some woman has just come into your house!” He looked at her, still unsure about what to do. “Well go out there. She's waiting, Won-Won.”

Ron opened the door and shut it behind him. Lavender stood before him, looking immaculate as usual. Long legged, and straight blonde hair hanging down her back, Lavender looked very nice but he was still sure that his stomach didn't flip like it did with Hermione.

“Hey Lav,” he greeted weakly.

“Ron? What took so long?” Lavender asked and attempted to kiss him. Ron quickly turned his head so that her lips touched his cheek. “I think that we should talk.”
He nodded and she took his hand leading him to the couch. “I know that you didn't think that you were ready to get married but I've decided that it's alright to take it slow. So what if we've been together since Hogwarts--”

The door opened and Hermione stood in the doorway. Draped in only his Chudley Cannons and a pair of boxers, she smiled at them sweetly. “You must be Lavender. It's so nice to meet you. Ron has only great things to say about you.” She walked over to them and leaned down to kiss Ron on the lips. “Darling, would you and Lavender like something to eat?” She walked over to the kitchen, his large slippers on her feet.

“Funny, he failed to mention you,” Lavender said in clipped tone. Hermione smiled from the kitchen counter as she took some eggs from the cabinet. Ron sat looking at the scene, dumbfounded to say the least.

“He wouldn't, would he?” Hermione replied easily. “The engagement happened rather quickly. It was after I met the family at the Burrow.” Lavender glared at Ron. They had been together for a little over a year before she met his family. Hermione combined all the eggs and some flour beating it steadily. “I remember it like it was just yesterday. Ron took on a tour of the house and we were looking out the window of his room when he proposed.” The batter was thickening and so she turned on the stove to heat the grill. “Are you allergic to blueberries, Lavender?”

“No,” she replied. Lavender had never even been in Ron's room at all. Come to think of it, she glanced at Hermione's attire. Hermione wore Ron's favorite Chudley Cannons shirt. The one that he had claimed no one could ever wear but him. “I was actually here to return Ron's key.” Placing it on the table, she looked over to Ron who was looking at both of them wondering which one was going to attack first. “I must be going.” Lavender stood up and adjusted her very short skirt. “It was a pleasure meeting you...”

“Hermione.” She wanted Lavender to remember her. Hermione wasn't sure why she had such a desire to upset Lavender. Jealousy wasn't something she was used to. However, the sight of the pretty girl made her blood become hot and suddenly she had an overwhelming desire to claim Ron as hers. “Hermione Granger. Actually Hermione Weasley soon.”

“I'll walk you out Lavender,” Ron said and he led her to the door. When it was shut, he walked back to where Hermione was calmly stirring the batter. “I think that's enough.” He put his hand on hers to stop the motion. “Care to tell me what that was about?”

“I don't know,” Hermione said looking up at him.

“Does this mean you want to marry me?” He asked tenatively.

Her eyes filled with tears. “I don't know that either.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Pro fessor Snape despite his surly demeanor was a very good teacher. Harry listened carefully to what the professor hoped he would get out of the course. It seemed like a very rigourous course and Harry felt a little overwhelmed by the thought of having to juggle with his University work, job at the shop and the new courses that he would be taking with his teachers here. Ginny sense his tension from where she stood in the kitchen and stopped them to let them know that lunch was ready.

Harry looked at her and she took his hand giving it a small squeeze. She understood his thoughts at the busy schedule they had in front of them. Ginny had her job at the cafe, interning at St. Mungo's and a baby on the way. She didn't feel hurt that Harry was feeling like this but understood his concerns.

“Sandwich, Professor?” Ginny offered her former teacher. “I have roast beef, or chicken salad.”

“These are edible, right Mrs. Potter?” Snape asked with a sneer. Harry tried to smother a laugh that threatened to fall from his lips. Ginny glared at him and Snape raised his hands in defeat. “Fine, roast beef then.” She tossed it on the plate in front of him.

“Chicken for me, Gin,” Harry said and she got him one. Ginny then put one of each on her plate. Sitting down, they chewed in silence for awhile. “Professor Snape?”

“Yes, Mr. Potter?”

“Did you know my parents?” He asked and he saw that Professor Snape's demeanor had changed. Harry saw that his eyes became a little harder.

“I knew your father and mother,” Snape said to him. “How well did you know your parents, Potter?”

“Not as much as I would have liked,” he said softly and Ginny took his hand. Snape's demeanor told him that the his teacher was not very fond of his parents. Harry had been defensive of them when he was younger. Dudley often teased him and called his parents 'morons' for being dumb enough to get in an accident. He had learn to hold on to the loving parents he knew that they were inside him.

“James was a very popular boy in Hogwarts, confident even cocky to a point,” The professor recollected. “He and his cronies often tortured me. Once they even hung me upside down. James and I just never got along.” Harry shook his head, feeling horrible. “Your mother on the other hand was a lovely, kind girl. She stood up for me once, and we were good friends since that incident but one day it all seem to change. I was in Slytherin, and Lily was a Gryffindor. The divide between us became bigger, and the war with You-Know-Who was becoming bigger. Then I did something that she never forgave me for.” He stopped suddenly, his eyes glazed.

“What?” Ginny asked though she knew that he wouldn't tell.

“It is in the past,” Snape replied suddenly and then looked at the clock. “I must be on my way but I will return to meet the other student after I have dismissed my afternoon class.” He nodded to them both and apparated silently.

Ginny stood up quickly and began to gather the plates. Harry, however, had other ideas in mind. He took her hand and tugged her gently so that she sat on his lap. For a moment, he looked at her and then kissed her lips tenderly. Ginny trembled underneath the gentle kiss. “I love you Ginny Potter.” The whisper was so soft that she barely caught it.

“What has gotten into you, Harry?” she asked.

“I'm a wizard, I'm a husband, I'm a soon-to-be father,” Harry said. “Take your pick. My father was a jerk to Snape but I don't remember feeling like he was like that at all. And if he was jerk, how did my mum fall for someone who tortured her friend? I don't know them at all.”

“I'm sure that your father grew out of that phase,” Ginny assured him. “It happens to the best of boys. You should've met Ron when we were younger. The guy couldn't talk to a girl if his life to depended on it.” Harry smiled at her story. “But look at him now, he's probably shagging Hermione as we speak.”

“What?!”

“Trust me, she needs it,” Ginny said. “People learn and grow up. You were remarkable with Snape today. If you had been younger and he said what he said, would you have reacted differently?”

“I would have been angry at him for what he said about my dad,” replied Harry. “I might have not even believe it myself. But I grew up and my dad must have too or else my mum would have never fallen in love with him.”

“I agree,” she said and kissed him. “Let's clean up. Aunt Petunia will be coming soon.” He nodded and she took her wand from her pocket. Harry watched as she flick it at the plates on their table. In a blink of an eye, they sat on the counter clean and ready to be put away. “Put those away, won't you?”

“I can't wait till I'm able to do that,” Harry said as he put them in the cupboard. “When can I get one of those?”

“Maybe this week, if you behave,” Ginny replied and he swatted her with a dish towel.

The doorbell rang and Ginny shriek.

“I'm not even ready!” Ginny said and rushed off. Harry followed her as she went into their bedroom. “Last time your Aunt was here, we were in the middle of a meltdown with Hermione and Ron. The first time I met her, I screamed at her, her husband and her son. This time I want it to be as normal as possible.” She rushed to the armoire.

“When were we ever normal?” Harry asked.

“I just want to try to have an easy relationship with her,” she said as held up a shirt. “She knew your mum better than anyone I think and wouldn't it be nice to have her in your life?” Ginny's face was hopeful and he couldn't bear to hurt her. He knew that it might not be as easy as she hoped.

He nodded and kissed her forehead. “Get dressed,” he said to her and went to open the door.

Aunt Petunia looked perfect as usual. Perfectly coiffed and wearing a yellow dress suit, she looked very much like the picturesque wife. When she saw him, Petunia gave him a weak smile. “Hello Harry.”

“Hi Aunt Petunia,” he said and tried to quell the feelings of hurt and resentment that he felt inside. Opening the door, she walked in quietly clutching a box in her hands. “Have a seat. Ginny is just freshening up.”

“How is she?” Petunia asked as she sat adjusting herself and smoothing her skirt. The box was placed beside her.

“She's fine,” he replied. “Morning sickness and an unquenchable appetite but other than that fine.”

They sat in silence for a moment.

“Aunt Petunia!” Ginny walked out of the room looking fresh wearing a loose, ivory tunic and jeans. Her long hair fell in waves down her back and Harry smiled fondly at her. How did he get so lucky?

“Hello Ginny,” she greeted her. “How are you feeling?”

“Hungry,” Ginny replied as she sat next to Harry. Aunt Petunia fidgeted for a moment and then placed the box on the coffee table. Ginny examined it and saw that the box was covered in pictures of two girls, one with red hair and green eyes and another with dark, coffee colored hair and an ivory face. “You and Harry's mum?” The pictures were all happy ones with the two girls hugging one another.

“Me and Lils took the same pose every year,” Petunia said with a small smile. “Even when she went to Hogwarts. I would come with our parents to the platform and she come running towards me once she stepped off the train. Our father would take the picture.” She opened the box and Harry peered inside to see a bunch of letters tied together with a black ribbon. “This was a bunch of correspondence between us.”

Ginny took a letter out from the top of the pile and read it outloud:

Dear Pet,
I know you are angry at me and I understand why .But what he did was for the best. Should the Dark Lord find out...I hate to even think about it. S- came to visit us and I never saw anyone so wracked with grief. I don't want to scold you but what you did was foolish, it only spurned him on. Don't you see? It was the only way to stop the suspicion... to point them away from you. I love you sis and I know he does too.

Lils


“Who was S?” Ginny asked.

“It's not important,” Petunia replied curtly. However, the couple highly doubted that.

Harry grabbed another one and saw that it was another one from his mother. He read it in a shaky voice:

Pet-

Why? He never meant to hurt you! He loved you and this is how it all plays out? I'm trying very hard not to be upset but this has killed him. I admit that it was foolish deal he made, but of all people...Vernon. I couldn't bear to explain when he saw you together at Mum and Dad's. He disappeared after James and I spoke to him and about your situation.

He's one of them now.

Lils

“So you didn't hate my mum and dad?,” Harry said to her. Petunia shook her head as tears filled her dark eyes.

“No. But I put on a good show, don't I?” Petunia asked wryly. She took one out of the box and for some reason, the scent on the parchment smelt familiar to Ginny.

Petunia read this one in a heavy voice:

Pet-
Congratulations on the marriage. I'm sure you and Vernon will be happy. Perhaps if different actions had occurred than it would be me and you. I guess we'll never know. I understand that you're having a baby. So is Lily. Congratulations to you both. I wish you all the happiness I could have never given you.

S



Dearest Pet,

Tonight we will go into hiding and Dumbledore has assured me that this will be delivered. We have been targeted. Harry, in particular. I know that you never wish to speak to me again but I have only one more request to ask of you, my dearest. Should something happen, take care of Harry. Raise him as a Muggle. Never let him know. He will be better off. Remember that despite it all, I love you and so does James. So does he. Despite what he has become.

I think he wishes to die so that he might never see you and Vernon together. He saw you one day walking near your home with Dudley in your arms. He wore the invisibility cloak that James let him borrow. I think you sense him and he apparated away. He return it and the look on his face broke my heart. He urged me to take Dumbledore's advice. So we are leaving and I don't know for how long. I promise that it will work out because I believe that love will save us.

Always,
Your Lils

“She was killed a little after she wrote that,” Petunia said as tears streaked her face. “I did love her. I will always love her but she promised. She promised that it would work out but it didn't and she believed that love would save her but it didn't! If love couldn't save my sister than it sure as hell wasn't going to work for me!” She sobbed into her hands. “Why did she leave me?” Ginny put a hand on her shoulder.

“All those years when you ranted about my mother and father...” Harry reasoned. “You let Uncle Vernon torture me, you let Dudley bully me!”

“Because I'm weak!” Petunia said and stood up. “I felt like I couldn't love the way I did. I couldn't bear to look at you. You look like your father but the eyes were the clincher. They were your mother's. I would always see her in you. I would always see and I would always be reminded so I pushed you away. I let them do it to you because I couldn't bear to love you. Vernon hated magical folk and I had to act like I did too, or he wouldn't have married me.”

“Why in the world would you marry someone like him?” Ginny asked angrily.

“Because I was pregnant,” replied Petunia. Harry closed his mind to the mental image threatening to invade it. “I loved a boy when I was very young, a boy that had known James and Lily. He wanted to marry me but the war with Voldemort was just beginning. He was getting a lot of pressure from his schoolmates and even started to get threatened. What scared him the most was that they would find out about me. One day, someone did.”

She paced back and forth relieving the memories in her mind. “I was in my second year at the University, Lily had graduated Hogwarts and married James. He came to my flat to tell me that we couldn't be together anymore. It broke my heart.” Her voice cracked and she leaned against a wall. Harry and Ginny were silent wanting to learn more. “I went to a pub where all the students hung out and drank until I couldn't remember. I woke up next to your uncle. He was very kind to me and said that he had noticed me around the campus. I was flattered but a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. He had come in right when I told your mother and disappeared.”

Petunia turned to Ginny and gave her a sad smile. “Some of us aren't as lucky, my dear. You married a man who loves you with all his heart. I love someone too like that...once. Vernon and Dudley are all I have now.”

“No, no,” Ginny said. “You have us too. Doesn't she Harry?”

Ginny turned to him, her big brown eyes bright with tears of compassion for Petunia. He looked at his Aunt who he had detested with a passion. His mind suddenly flashed to the one time he had been sick and his Aunt had argued with Vernon to bring him to a doctor. He had been given Dudley's spare room for that week and once every night he could feel his Aunt's cool hand on his forehead to check his temperature. After that week, his Aunt had tried to convince Vernon to give Harry the spare room. When awoke the next morning, Aunt Petunia's right cheek was a sickly purple and she was trembling. He tried to never get sick.

“Yes,” he agreed with his wife and took her hand. His own eyes watering. “She has us and the baby.”

“Speaking of the baby, I'm starving,” Ginny said. “Aunt Petunia, would you like to join me in the kitchen?”

“Yes, I would,” Petunia replied in a tired voice. Harry could tell that this had been an emotionally exhausting day for her. Suddenly, the perfectly done up woman who had come into their home looked tired. The dark circles under her eyes were prominent.

As she got up, Harry grabbed her wrist and their eyes met. For the first time, Petunia looked him in the eyes reflecting a sadness of losing the ones they had loved the most. He had an urge to almost pull her into his arms, to almost assure her that because she had loved his mother than he would try to love her. However, he nodded and let go of his grip, and Petunia walked into the kitchen.

Harry sat on the couch running a hand through his dark hair and sighed.

It had been a crazy day.

The sound of bickering was heard coming closer to their door.

Hermione and Ron.

And it could only get crazier.

He got up and opened the door as Hermione and Ron continued their argument as they walked inside.

“Honestly Ron!” said Hermione and she smiled at Harry. “Hello Harry. Ron, I'm still talking! Why did you not tell her that you were seeing someone when she called that night?”

“I was rushing over to find you–Hey Harry,” Ron said. “Do you honestly think I wouldn't tell Lavender?”

“I don't know what you're capable of,” Hermione said. “You proposed to me and I didn't have a stitch on!”

“You proposed to her?” Harry asked Ron. Then he turned to Hermione. “You were naked?” Hermione had the good grace to blush. “My Aunt Petunia is here and I don't think that she wants to hear about your...bits.” He could feel the heat radiating off his face.

“How was the new teacher?” Hermione asked.

“We have our work cut out for us,” Harry said. “Potions doesn't sound easy and our final exams are coming up at the University.”

“Yeah, and Snape will work you two hard,” Ron said.

“Really, Mr. Weasley? I found my workload rather average.” It was Professor Snape who had apperated silently into the room.

“Professor Snape, this is Hermione Granger,” Harry introduced his friend.

Snape nodded at her and retrieve a piece of parchment from his robe. “Your supply list, Miss Granger. We will begin next week, Dumbledore has informed me that you are both free Tuesday and Thursday evenings so I have taken the liberty of reserving those evenings for our lessons. I expect you both to read the first two chapters of your text. Understood--”

“Harry, your Aunt gave us a picture of her and your mum. Look I've made a frame for it--” The swinging door to the kitchen swung open and Ginny emerged along with Petunia. Snape met her eyes and Petunia stop short, her eyes wideningto the size of saucers. The smile that had been on her face fell in surprise. She approached him and he almost backed away.

“Hello Pet,” Snape said softly.

“Hello Severus,” Petunia replied.

It was then that both Ginny and Harry realized that they were looking at the infamous 'S'.



oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

Another chapter done! My heartfelt thanks goes to those who have waited patiently and begged me to update. Your comments mean so much to me especially during stressful times at school. Don't you know that the writing fairy feeds on reviews?

If you haven't read “Growing Up Flower Twins” by Briana Marie than I suggest you do. It was my inspiration for Severus/Petunia relationship. Also, I have tried to justify Petunia's behavior in the way I thought she might be and the reasons why.

BTW, many have asked about Sirius, and Remus...keep reading!

Questions, feel free to e-mail me. I respond pretty quickly.

My love and gratitude always, JLaLa















Reviews 250
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear