Search:

SIYE Time:5:49 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Meeting The Weasleys
By JLaLa

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 250
Summary: What would you do if you met the woman of your dreams? Marry her, of course! When Harry Potter met Ginny Weasley, he never expected a new baby, magical inlaws and a complete crash course about the Wizarding World. Completely AU. HG/RHr. FINALLY complete.
Hitcount: Story Total: 64376; Chapter Total: 6195







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ohmigod! I can't believe that I got so many reviews, I'm overwhelmed.

All these wonderful characters belong to J.K.Rowling

Also, the song “Try Me” is sung by James Brown so I didn't make the song up.
(Read on to find out)

*****= flashback
Meeting the Weasleys (Part Six)

By JLaLa

“You know what?” Ginny said to Dean. “I thought it was going to be odd between us but they--” She threw an arm at Hermione and Draco. “--they take the cake.”

Dean laughed and gave her a smile. “You always knew how to make me laugh.”

“Are you okay?” she asked him. “Really okay?”

“Yes,” he said to her. “I was heartbroken at first. You're a hard girl to get over Ginny Weasley–sorry I mean Potter.” They burst into a fit of laughter. “But I did and I do love you still Gin but differently.”

“I know what you mean,” Ginny said.

“I'm engaged,” Dean informed, and her grin widened. She threw her arms around him. “Remember Padma Patil? We'll be having our wedding in the spring.”

“I'm so happy for you,” Ginny told him and took his hand. Things had changed. Time had changed their young love into something more. It was a friendship, and a love for one another. They wouldn't forget about what they had but it was no longer a bitter memory but a fond one.

“Well anyway, I'll leave you to--” Dean looked over at Hermione and Draco who were arguing quietly to one another. “--to that.” He held his hand out to Harry. “Good luck mate, you'll need it.” Harry smiled at him.

Ginny walked over to Hermione and then gave a Draco a tight smile. “Please excuse us.” She grabbed her friend's arm and whipped her around. “Are you insane? You were going to marry Draco Malfoy?! He has a great ass but---”

“You think I have a great ass?” asked a very amused Draco.

“That is so not the point,” she replied turning to him and then back to her friend. “Why?”

“I was young and ignorant obviously,” Hermione said and then turned to Draco. “You lied to me. You wanted me to marry you but you couldn't tell me the truth.”

“Would you have believed me?” he asked.

“You had a wand to show your abilities!” Hermione responded. “It all makes sense. Why you wanted to get married so quickly without both our families. You didn't want me to know. Better yet, you didn't want your parents to know.” Her eyes filled with tears. “What the hell did you think you were going to do with me? Stash me in some other house while you run around with your family.”

“But my parents are different. My father--”

“Fuck your father!” she said loudly. Loudly enough to silence the very busy bookstore. “You broke my heart.”

“Yes I know,” Draco replied. “I am sorry.” He put a hand on her shoulder. “My feelings haven't changed and now that you're of the wizarding kind they'll be happy--”

“And if they're still not happy?” she replied. “I won't be with someone who was too chicken to introduce me to his parents.” Hermione sighed and then met his eyes. “I loved you once. I would've married you but something inside told me that you were ashamed of me. I couldn't have that for me...or a baby.”

“Baby?” Draco's face turned considerably paler.

“Good thing,” she said bitterly. “I miscarried a few days after I realized that I couldn't marry a boy whose family thought I was nothing.”

“I had to protect you,” he told her.

“It doesn't matter anymore,” Hermione said. “I'm in love with someone else.”

She turned around and he grabbed her arm. “Until how long? First me, then Krum, and now him?” He pointed his head at Ron who remained nearby expressionless.

“Let go of me,” she said and tried to pull away. “You hurting me--”

“Let go of her,” came a harsh whisper. Ron was pulling Draco away. “If you know what's best.”

Draco relented and then without another word swept out of the store leaving his mess. Hermione crumbled into Ginny's arms.

“Why didn't you tell me?” Ginny asked.

“Because I don't want to remember,” Hermione responded.

“I'm taking you home.” Ginny began to lead her out when she turned to look at Ron.

“Ron,” she said quietly. His eyes once hard were now swimming with emotion. “Are you angry?”

“Mione,” Ron said tenderly. “I'm still in love with you. That hasn't changed.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o

“How did this all happen?” Ginny asked as she arrived at Hermione's flat. It was neat and decorated tastefully. It was the bright orange nightshirt that caught her eyes.

Ron's.

“I was eighteen,” Hermione said as she sat down and then stood up quickly. “I'm so sorry. Did you want some tea--”

“I came here so that you could pour your heart out to me,” Ginny told her. “Sit down.”

Hermione sighed and grabbed a pillow so that she could hold it to her chest. “I had just started my first semester at University and was bit lonely. A friend of mine invited me to a frat party.” She closed her eyes remembering.

******
“You'll have fun,” Moira said to a wary Hermione.

“But looking like this?” she asked. Hermione was dressed in a burgundy, velvet halter top and jeans. Black pointed heels were killing her toes, and her hair fell in soft curls but she was a bit apprehensive. “You don't think it's a bit much?”

“Not at all,” Moira replied. “I'll look like a bum compared to you!”

“Please,” Hermione said. Moira was a pretty blonde with clear skin and bright blue eyes. “You're lovely, I look like I got hit by lightning.”

“Stop with the self-pity.” Moira glanced at her watch. “We best be on our way before all the cute ones are taken. Last time, some gross boy by the named Dudley nearly salivated all over me. Gross.”

They arrived at the large, brick house with Greek letters in the front. Loud music blared from everywhere and people seem to be spilling from out of the house onto the lawn. People on the balcony were laughing loudly with cups in their hands.

******
“Get to the part when you meet Malfoy,” Ginny interupted. “Seriously, this is just too much.” She was grinning in spite of the dire situation. “I mean Malfoy was always good-looking but he had his head so far up butt there would be no room for anyone else--”

“I found that out the hard way,” Hermione replied.

“Keep going,” Ginny urged

******
Hermione went to the now empty balcony holding a drink that was probably spiked. She dumped it in a nearby potted plant. Looking into the open window, she saw Moira chatting with two very big blokes as they all swallowed tequila shots.

She hoped her friend would be okay the next morning.

“They're harmless,” a voice said from across the balcony.

Hermione turned to see a very good looking boy standing a few steps away. He had blonde hair so light that she might've mistaken it for white. When he emerged from the dark shadows where he stood she saw that his eyes were an icy blue.

“Those two are my friends,” he told her. “Crabbe and Goyle, they insisted on coming. Dumb as posts those two.”

“That doesn't seem like a nice thing to say about your friends,” she replied.

He took a drag from the cigarette and smiled softly at her. “I'm here, aren't I? Draco Malfoy, by the way. And your name?”

“You see that blonde,” she informed her. “She's the only friend I have at this school right now.” She held her hand out and he shook it. “Hermione Granger.”

“It suits you,” Draco said and for a moment seemed to be examining her. His face flooded with color. “I like your hair.”

“You're joking,” Hermione replied though she blushed prettily.

He reached for a curly tendril and gave it a small tug. “I think it's pretty...Frizz.”

“Frizz?” she said and he laughed heartily. Draco stopped for a moment and she ruffled his hair. “You know you're very cute when you laugh.” It might have been the bit of liquor she had but she wasn't feeling like her usual self-conscious self. Hermione felt comfortable around him for some reason.

“Can I call on you sometime Frizz?” he asked softly.

“If you stop calling me Frizz,” Hermione said to him and walked away to rescue her friend.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

A week later Hermione sat in her flat studying for her Economics exam when a soft knock interupted her. She took off her reading classes and placed the book down on the coffee table.

Opening the door, she was surprised to see a large bouquet of roses in front of her . “You must have the wrong number, if you're looking for the Parkers, they're just down the stairs. I don't think they're back from their honeymoon in Greece though.”

“No.” The bouquet came down to reveal a flushed Draco Malfoy. “These are for you Frizz.” He handed them to her as she looked at him in surprise. “Can I come in?”

“S-Sure,” she said and he walked in quickly. Draco seemed nervous and walked in quickly. He examined her place looking at her photos with her parents and friends, and around at her plush couch surrounded by peach colored walls.

“You have a nice place,” he said to her. “ Kind of small though.”

She laughed. “You are the first person to say that. My flat is a lot bigger compared to others.”

“Sorry,” Draco replied sheepishly. “Malfoy Manor is pretty big. I guess I'm just use to it.”

“It's alright,” Hermione said and gestured to her couch. “Have a seat. So you live in a Manor?”

“Yeah, in the country,” he said to her as he looked around nervously. “I was wondering if maybe you wanted to have dinner...with me”

“I don't know.” She tied her hair back. “I mean you keep calling me Frizz.”

His face fell. “I'm sorry I didn't mean to Hermione--”

“Wait.” He stopped and Hermione smiled softly. “You called me Hermione.”

“That is your name, isn't it?” Draco said to her and took her hand. “Since I met you, I just can't seem to get you out of mind. I just want to know you. So will you go to dinner with me?”

“Sure,” she said after a moment and then stood up. Hermione held out her hand though she was unsure of what she was offering. Draco looked up at her for a moment and then at her hand before placing his in hers with a smile.


“I thought that we would going to dinner,” Draco said as he held the grocery bags. “Not making it.”

“Come on, Richie Rich,” she replied with a wicked smile. They walked down the sidewalk only a few block from her house. Fat droplets began to fall from the sky. “Faster, it's going to rain.”

“It is raining,” he grumbled but with a smile. “Whose Richie Rich, by the way?”

“Some comic book character,” she replied as the rain began to soak them. Soon they were both drenched though it didn't deter them from their journey.

“Come on!” he called out and grabbed her hand as they ran across the street. It was a heavy downfall and the sound of thunder began to follow them. “In here.” They ducked under a small shop awning to cover them.

“I'm soaked,” Hermione said with a laugh though her teeth were clattering. Draco smiled brightly at her and she had to admire how good looking he was. “You know what? It's nice when you smile like that, it's very becoming.”

He looked at her for a moment, his eyes burning with want. Hermione couldn't deny that she was feeling that same heat rise from inside her. “Hermione...” he whispered as he pulled her close.

Their lips met, and suddenly she wasn't cold but hot...very hot.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

“And it was like that for awhile,” Hermione said in a choked voice. “But then I started to notice that he came around less. He would be at my flat for a week and the next week I'd never hear from him. Then one night he came home–and his eyes were so wild, brighter than usual.”

She closed her eyes remembering the feel of him on her as they made love. How young she was and so naïve to give herself to him so willingly. He seem so distraught and Hermione had wanted to calm him, to stop the look in his eyes. So she gave him the one thing that she should've saved for someone else. She could still hear his voice, laden with love for her.

“Marry me Hermione.”

“He proposed right after,” she continued. “He begged me to run away with him. But I knew it was wrong and as much as I loved him, I couldn't. Deep down I knew it had something to do with his parents. At first, I thought it was because I was too poor for them but today when I found out he was a wizard...I realized that even if I had won a billion pounds it still wouldn't mattered. They wouldn't have liked me because they thought I wasn't a witch. ”

“Don't cry,” Ginny said and pulled her friend into her arms. “I'm so sorry, Mione. It's all over now.”

“No,” Hermione replied. “I gave him my innocence, my heart, and eventually a baby–which I lost. It will never be over.”

With that she burst into a new set of tears.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Harry and Ron remained to finish the rest of the shopping. The two men had never had a chance to talk but it seem like it was badly needed. Harry could see that his brother-in-law was hurting.

“You okay, Ron?” he asked tenatively.

“Why do you think she wanted to marry him?” Ron's voice was soft and sad. His body was slumped as they walked with his hands in his pockets. “Did you think it was because he was rich?”

“No,” Harry replied. “You know Hermione, I know Hermione. Money was never an issue when it came to relationships. But she was young, and just a shell of a girl when I met her. Did I ever tell you how I met her?”

“Nope.”

“I was walking around the University looking for my building when she asked me if I needed help. I just remember that pale skin, frizzy hair, and those big, sad eyes,” he recalled. “I always wondered how someone so young could be so sad and I realized that we both seemed a little alike in that department. I lost my family, and she had just lost Draco, and a baby.” Harry smiled softly. “Then one day, she started to smile again and began telling me about this very funny, very pretty waitress in cafe near our school. She insisted we meet. Hermione was becoming herself again, and now that she's met you–I don't know but I've never seen her so happy.”

“I can't give her what Draco could,” Ron said. “I'm not a rich man. I might never be but I would love her and do anything to make her happy.”

“That's all she wants,” Harry said. “Trust our Hermione, she will make the right choice.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o

Both Harry and Hermione were early to their first class, and were nervously awaiting their teacher. Cauldrons set up, and supplies set aside so that they had easy access. Hermione seemed so pale, and Harry took her hand comfortingly.

“You okay?” he asked.

She nodded. “Just fine,” she said with a hitched breath. “Peachy keen.”

“If you need to talk--”

“I know Harry,” she said to him. “Will Ginny be okay in the kitchen? I feel bad.”

“She's making dinner,” he informed her. “Aunt Petunia is coming after our lesson, and is going to show her how to roast a chicken. Right now, she's pouring over recipes of other things. She determine to learn before the baby comes.”

She smiled to herself. “Ginny is going to be a fine mother.”

“If she can keep her smart tongue from getting the best of her.” A grim voice said.

Snape had arrived.

“I heard that,” Ginny called out from the kitchen. She poked her head out of the swinging door and gave him a sickeningly sweet smile. “Hello, my dear Professor Snape.”

“Please refrain from bothering us while our class in session, Mrs. Potter,” he said in annoyance.

“Sorry,” she said and then with a quick wave disappeared.

Professor Snape continued with his lesson explaining the significance of Potions in the wizarding world. He educated them on the different kinds such as the healing potions that Ginny used often at her internship. There were also potions that bring you luck or even make you speak the truth whether you wanted to or not.

He continued on, and explained the importance of correct stirring, and measurement. “A miss step and an entire hour's work is ruined.” They listened in rapt attention, and took the appropriate notes. Harry couldn't doubt that he was nervous about all of it. Hermione, on the other hand, seem to be excited, a glint in her eyes.

They wrote notes for another hour and then Professor Snape showed them how to use their textbooks. “We will start our first lab potion next week. Please study your book. Class dismissed.”

It seemed like perfect timing that a timid knock was heard on the door. Harry went to the door to find his Aunt Petunia standing there. She was clutching her bag nervously but he noticed her face had light, pretty make-up on and she wore her hair down. It was a shiny chocolate brown, and she wore her usual top and skirt but the peach color suited her nicely. She smiled softly at him. “Hello Harry.” He had never seen her look prettier and had to smile at her. “Are you going to let me in?” she asked with a laugh.

He laughed in response and open the door wider so she could step in. “Come in, milady.” Petunia walked in quickly. Snape stood in the living room and suddenly all the books he held were on the floor. Petunia rushed over to help and Harry was quickly pulled away into the kitchen.

“I think Ginny is calling us,” Hermione said in a hurried voice.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

“You know,” Snape said as he gathered his books. “This is exactly how we met.” A small smile graced his face and Petunia felt her insides warm.

“On the platform, you dropped your books,” Petunia said and sat on the floor as she relived the memory. “It was Lily's sixth year and I ran to help. You weren't very nice to me.”

“I was a bit snappy,” he said now grinning.

“You were very snappy,” she replied. “Oh Severus, it's been so long.”

“I miss you Pet,” Snape said quietly. He looked at her bright eyes and sighed to himself.

Petunia wiped her eyes hastily. “Nothing has changed, has it?”

“No,” he said softly and took her hand. “My heart remain yours though you are still married to that man.”

She began to weep to herself because it wasn't fair. It was never fair! Lily had married the man she was in love with but was dead. She remained living but unable to be with the one person she wanted. Her marriage was one of convinience. She loved Dudley, sometimes she believed more than she should. He treated her badly. Her husband was obsessed with normality so much that she had to close a part of herself up. The part that almost opened with Harry had come to stay with them.

Now what did she have? An ungrateful son. A husband who she knew had cheated though she found more and more that she cared. And a house so full of lies that despite that fact that she cleaned it relentlessly it still looked dirty to her.

Petunia must have been silent for awhile because she suddenly felt a warm hand on her shoulder. “What are you thinking about?” Severus asked.

“Everything,” she replied. “You, for one.” Petunia took his hand. “Me. My whole life, my whole lie actually.” He pulled her close and she breathe him in. “It's always the same, isn't it? This feeling of being safe with you.”

“Yes,” Severus whispered in her ear. “Do you remember what I told you that night? The night of the Yule Ball?”

“You decided to stay with me instead because I wasn't allowed to go,” she replied. “My first year in University. You said that no matter what I would always be safe with you.” She remembered dancing in her oversized sweater with his strong arms around her waist. The candlelight bathing her boxed filled apartment. A slow song on her radio:

Try me.. Try me
Darlin tell me
I need you...

Hold me... Hold me
I want you right here by my side
Hold me... Hold me
And your love we won't hide
Oh I need you...


“I remember, I do not forget anything that happened during our time together,” he said to her. Petunia found herself leaning against him. An intimate gesture nonetheless but nothing for anyone to worry about. “Some nights, however, I find myself wishing I could forget.” He could not help but kiss the top of her head. Snape inhaled trying to memorized her scent.

Petunia could feel his warm breath against her hair close to her ear. She sighed again. “I know what you mean.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

The next night was Hermione and Harry's Defense Against the Dark Arts class. They both were glad to see Tonks but Harry was still rather wary of Sirius and Remus. The two remained in the kitchen talking with Ginny. Tonks, who was sporting her usual purple color groaned and then sat down.

“I heard that you weren't able to get your wands,” Tonks said. Hermione turned pale. After encounter with Draco, Hermione and Harry had not been able to get their wands from Olivander's . “It's okay sweetie, Gin told me what happened.” Hermione smiled softly. She had only met Tonks and yet felt a kinship with her. “So we'll have to stick to the book tonight.”

Suddenly she grimaced grasping her stomach. Harry was at her side immediately. “Are you okay Tonks?”

She gave him a painful smile. “No.” Suddenly Tonks cried out alerting the others in the kitchen. Ginny, Sirius and Remus rushed out. “My water has broke–on your couch.”

“You're a month early,” Remus said.

“You think?!” Tonks exclaimed. “Please help me.” She look like she was going to start sobbing. “I'm in a lot of pain.” Remus helped her up as she keeled over again. “Merlin! YOU BETTER MARRY ME REMUS!”

“Now?” came the stricken voice of the soon-to-be-father.

“As soon as I push this kid out,” she said seething. “I'm shouldn't be going through this much pain over one night with my BOYFRIEND!”

“I think that we should be taking this to St. Mungo's,” Ginny suggested. She looked at Harry knowing that soon this would be happening to her. “Will you be okay with flooing her Remus?”

The man looked at her with obvious panic. He shook his head. “It's okay,” Ginny continued and took Tonks. “I'm apparating you over. Meet us there.”

A loud howl erupted from the room. And once Remus knew it wasn't coming from him.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o


Tonks and Remus named her Isabelle or “Izzy” for short. Remus slipped a ring on Tonks' finger that had been burning in his pocket for months only minutes after Izzy was born. Seeing their whole ordeal, it suddenly dawned on Harry that the beginning of his own fatherhood would be coming soon. Ginny's belly was growing steadily everyday. He wondered if his own father felt the same anxiety whenever he looked at his late mother's belly.

Christmas was drawing near. In two days, it would be Christmas Eve and he sat at the window with worry clear on his face. Ginny walked into the living room with a blanket wrapped around her small form. He turned to look at her and smiled lovingly. She looked like a child with her long hair and fuzzy slippers. “Come here,” he said quietly and Ginny rush to him.

They sat at the windowsill looking out the moon. It was one in the morning. The moon was huge lighting their living room up despite the fact that no lights were on. Ginny leaned against his muscular form and he wrapped his arms around her waist. “What are you doing?”

“Thinking,” he replied. “Izzy was beautiful, wasn't she?”

“Yes,” Ginny said. “It's becoming very real for both of us, isn't it?”

“I just keep remembering the look on Remus's face,” Harry recalled with a small laugh. “That overwhelming panic, and I understood that feeling. It's how I'm feeling right now when I think about it.”

“Yep,” she agreed. “I just kept seeing Tonks' face while I was trying to sleep, and I kept on wondering how much it was going to hurt. I don't know how Mum could do this six times with one time being a set of twins.”

“But you have your parents to tell you about things,” Harry said quietly. “I don't.”

“But you have your Aunt Petunia,” Ginny replied. “Though it might be hard to get a hold of her seeing as she is sneaking around snogging your teacher–whoa mental picture.”

“I guess.”

“How about Sirius?” she suddenly suggested. “I know that you're still unsure of both him and Remus but they knew your parents, really knew them. Sirius was your Godfather after all.”

“Perhaps you're right,” Harry said slowly.

“Of course, I am,” Ginny said with a smile and then with a sudden gasp. “Harry...” She put his hand on her abdomen.

A slight movement almost like a gentle wave.

“Now it's real,” Harry said a choked voice. “Very real.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Hermione walked tiredly to her flat. Emotionally and physically exhausted from her trip. She had spent a night with her parents in order to avoid the mess that was her love life. Draco had sent countless letters which she had torn up. Candies and card were discarded in her trash bin. She was over it. More like over him.

The one person who she was thinking about had not shown up at all. She missed that ginger red hair and tall figure. She missed Ron. Despite the fact that he had said he wasn't mad, he had avoided seeing her. Ginny had told her that he didn't seem mad at all. It was quite unlike him she had recounted to Hermione. He seemed almost sad.

She was in love with him. She had been in relationships before but naively. This was the first time that she had been cautious. However, there was always a tiny fear inside her. She had loved once but so badly that she forgot herself. How was this any different?

In her heart, she knew.

Unlocking her door, Hermione's purse fell to the ground.

Roses.

Dozens in the crystal vases.

Her flat was covered in them.

Taking a card from one, she looked to see the familiar scrawl, 'Love Draco'.

“Hermione?”

She turned to see Ron in the hallway. He looked crestfallen. “I have to go.” Walking quickly away, he dropped his present for Hermione on the floor.

It was a sunflower. Long-limbed and bright, it stood out of the sea of red, elegant roses. Just like the boy who had brought it.

Her favorite flower.

Closing the door, she held the flower in her hand. Hermione looked around, she wanted to rid her house of the dreaded flowers. The only one she wanted was the one she held in her hand. Sitting on her couch, she let the tears fall down her face.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o


Harry paced back and forth waiting for the response from Sirius. He had owled using an old carrier owl that Ginny borrowed from her work. He didn't realize that the answer would come so quickly in the form of Sirius stumbling into his living room. He landed gracefully though he was in a post-apperation daze.

“Hey,” he greeted Harry jovially.

“Hey Sirius,” Harry replied nervously. “Did you have breakfast?”

“Yes, actually, I cooked it,” said Sirius. “Izzy is keeping the house in shambles so I cooked for the new parents. When I left, Remus was watching Izzy while Tonks slept in her eggs.” They both laughed. “Looking forward to sleepless nights?”

Harry's face was suddenly serious. “I wanted to talk to you about that,” Harry said and ran a hand through his dark hair. “My dad...was he nervous before I was born?”

“I can't believe we're having this conversation,” he said with a sad smile. “I feel like it had just happened. Lily was ready to pop, and James had suddenly realized that he was going to be a dad. You know what he did? He paced for a few hours and then went out and bought you a little robe.”

“How did that help?” he asked suddenly.

“I guess he had to put in perspective,” Sirius said. “Nothing that small could be scary, right? He just realize how precious you were and how one day you would grow out of those robes and would be finding ones for your kid.”

“I don't know how to be a dad,” Harry replied.

“Who does?” Sirius said to him. “Remus thought he would never be a dad seeing that he's werewolf and all--”

“What?”

“He was bitten as a child,” he continued. “But the moment Izzy was in his arms, I don't think he gave one thought about it. Izzy is normal and happy. She's been checked for lycanthrope and is negative. She has ten percent change of being a metamorphagus, however.”

“What?”

“Tonks can change her facial features in a matter of seconds,” Sirius informed him. “I'm a little relieved. I hate to see her changing her looks. Who knows what these teenagers will be doing to their years from now?” Sirius patted his shoulder. “You'll be fine.”

“Christmas is tomorrow,” Harry said. “Would you join us at the Burrow with the Weasleys? Tell Tonks and Remus to come with Izzy.” Sirius could only nod in happiness. Harry went to the windowsill thinking to himself. “I have this idea for Ginny's present but I was wondering if you didn't mind some painting with me...” Harry looked at his hands in shyness.

“No,” Sirius said in a gruff voice. “I wouldn't mine one bit.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

“Ginny,” Harry whispered into his wife's ear. “Wake up.”

“I'm too tired for that,” she hissed groggily.

“As much as I'd enjoy what you think I want, I'm waking you up because it's Christmas,” he said. “Midnight to be exact and I want to give you your present.”

Ginny lifted a lid revealing a sparkling eye. “I'm up.” She scooted herself up and smiled at him. “Happy Christmas Harry.”

He kissed her and then got up holding out a hand for her to grab. Ginny took it and stepped into her slippers as she stood. Going into the hallway, she had to grin in anticipation. “Was this what all the winking and nudging was about this afternoon?” She had come home to see Harry and Sirius in the middle of eating two humongous sandwiches discussing the rules of Quidditch. She was glad that they were getting to a good place with one another.

“Close your eyes,” he whispered in her ear.

Her berry lips curved into a small smile and she closed them. “I'll humor you.” Harry led her for a few paces and then it was followed by the creak of an opening door. A light switch was turned on. “Can I open them?”

“By all means,” Harry said.

She opened them and gasped. “Oh Harry.” Soft yellow walls compimented the white dresser and changing table. Stuffed animals were strewn around the room and pictures were hung on the wall. One of them was of her and Harry taken shortly after she had moved in. Another one was of his parents. James was carrying Lily into their home, the figures waved at them as they cross the threshold.

“Some of these things are from Sirius's memorabilia like this one.” He pointed at a picture of Sirius, Remus, and James in tuxedos. “This is from the Potter vault in Gringotts.” He pulled out a pure white basinette from the corner of the room. “I thought he or she might like it.”

Ginny walked towards it and then slowly around the basinette touching it tenatively. It was absolutely lovely and as she looked into it, she was surprised to see a small velvet box. She looked at Harry who was grinning like a madman.

He walked towards her and pulled the box out. “While some of these things are from the past, they're precious memories,” Harry said and then opened the box to reveal a gold band with a single diamond surrounded with small emeralds. “But this is something new, something just for you.” He put it on her finger and kissed her. “Something to create our memories with.”

Ginny burst into tears and pulled him into her arms. When she stopped, she looked up to see Harry with wet eyes. Kissing him, Ginny turned to look around the nursery leaning against his strong chest.

“It's perfect, absolutely perfect,” she said quietly.

The strong kick in her stomach assured that her baby agreed.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Christmas at the Burrow was unlike anything Harry had seen. It was loud and boisterous. Charlie had come from Romania and was all smiles for his baby sister. He pulled her into a tight hug.

“Married life becomes you, Gin,” he remarked and then held out his hand to Harry. “Welcome to the family, mate.” Harry shook his hand heartily. It was a nice turn from Bill's reaction.

Bill was also there with Fleur and Marie. Fleur gave him a kiss on the cheek and let him hold Marie. He walked around a bit with her cooing happily in his arms. Mrs. Weasley burst into tears at the sight.

“I-It's just that soon you'll be doing that with your baby!” She took Ginny in her arms almost choking her in the process.

“Mum, you're killing me,” Ginny hissed and Molly quickly let go.

They all sat at the huge table that Mr. Weasley extended. It was greatly needed with all the Weasley children and their spouses, two babies (Marie and Izzy), Tonks, Remus, Sirius (who was having a great time with Fred and George away from the watchful eyes of Molly), and Hermione who sat horribly pale and tired.

Harry met his wife's eyes when he caught sight of his friend picking at her food. Ron sat opposite her looking just as despondent and hopeless.

“This is the last time will be together,” Arthur said as he stood up to make a toast. “For awhile at least--” He looked over to Ron.

“Dad, don't,” Ron suddenly said with panic in his eyes.

“Now Ron,” Molly said. “There's nothing to be ashamed of. We're very proud that you got this opportunity.”

“What opportunity?” asked Ginny.

“You didn't tell Ginny?” Molly said.

“Damn straight he didn't tell me!” Ginny's face was bright red.

“Ginny!” Molly scolded.

“I got a promotion,” Ron said trying to appease the two women. “I'd be the recruitment manager. The thing is that I'd have to start–tomorrow.”

CLANK

They all turned to that Hermione had dropped her fork on the table. She looked up at him.

“I don't suppose you were going to tell me,” Hermione said in almost a whisper.

“Listen Hermione,” Ron said in a sad voice. “I love you. I've love you since the moment I saw you. While it might not be the most reasonable thing to happen, it did. But Draco, he's offering you the world. And me--” His eyes were filled with sadness. “I couldn't offer you anything but myself.”

“But wait--” Hermione stood up to go to him.

He stood up as she came close to her. “No, I can't. You're beautiful, and smart. He's rich and suave. You'll make a great couple. I want you to be happy, Hermione. Even if it's not with me. So I've made it a bit easier to make your choice by going.”

Ron turned to leave and was almost out of the dining room--

“Ron, marry me.”

He turned around to see Hermione smiling softly at him.

“Why?” he asked her.

“Because I can't live without you,” she replied quickly. “My mum always said that if you really love someone you can't imagine your life without them.” Tears ran down her face. “And I never really understood what she meant until now. Ron, my life just doesn't work without you.” She went over to him and took his hand. “Draco was in love with someone who I'm not anymore. It's because of you, and Ginny and Harry, of course that I've become someone I want to be. So Ronald Weasley, will you marry me?”

There was silence for a moment.

“Well it's a good thing they gave me until tonight to decide,” Ron said with a small grin. “I'll have to owl my boss to let him know that I can't take the job. My fiancee insists that we start planning our wedding.”

She threw her arms around him and Ron pulled her close.

“I didn't even know they were going out,” Arthur said to his wife who had burst into another set of tears.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

“It was a good day, wasn't it?” Harry said when they arrived in their apartment.

“Yes, I got a ring.” Ginny held out her left hand. “Hermione got a fiance. And you got to play Quidditch. It's too bad I couldn't. Give me a few months and then I'll be kicking you off your broom,” she replied with a grin.

“Ah yes,” Harry said. “My new broom.” Sirius had given him the newest broom on the market, the Cosmos 5000.

“You are too much,” Ginny said and he pulled her close.

“But you like me this way,” he said and gave her a hungry kiss.

“Care to unwrap your last present?” she asked.

“You bet.”

A knock on the door interupted them and Harry groaned. The knocking became insistent and he went over to the door quickly.

It was Aunt Petunia. Except that she was trembling all over. One cheek was clearly swollen and her bottom lip was bleeding.

“I'm afraid your Uncle has found out,” she said in a small voice before falling into Harry's arms.

oooooooooooooooooo

Thanks for all the support and appreciate all your reviews. I've been trying to update more frequently so hopefully this is a short enough wait...

Three things:

1.My favorite show at the moment is Grey's Anatomy, I've made at least two references to it. Can you see them?
2. I'm a bit on the fence about Voldemort making an apperance so drop me a line and tell me what you think.
3. Keep the reviews coming!

Any suggestions are welcome so please feel free to review, I need some love!

Reviews 250
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear